Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4350 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

The reduction in liberties mean that corners and sides often have different results than stuff in the middle of the board. A rectangular six is normally alive but in the corner a shortage of liberties means the player can't do what would normally save the group.

Official Votecount 2.15MalcolmTucker (6): Eyes without a face, Yeet, VP Baltar, April Ludgate, fireisredsir, Scorpious
[E-3]

VP Baltar (5): tenebrousluminary, Nero Cain, Frogsterking, DeasVail, MathBlade
Scorpious (3): Cape90, Save the Dragons, Titus
Galron (1): Enchant

Not Voting (2): MalcolmTucker, Galron

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2022-03-16 09:20:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4351 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Yeet »

I don’t understand what you are saying. I never say fua was townie for me before they claimed. I said fua was towny. What I’m referring to there is he was towny in general, specifically up to their span in the game. I TR’d fua strongly after the claim and up through replaceout. I don’t see why this is a point against me.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4352 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:46 am

Post by Yeet »

Also, Enchant I’m not sure why you’re assuming you won’t be alive tomorrow so you’re not trying to participate. You were roleblocked N1, why don’t you think it can’t happen again?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4353 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Yeet »

Malcolm who are you going to vote? Your unvote of me without a push at this point doesn’t do anything for the gamestate.

I also think Enchant and Galron need to vote a real wagon. We are cutting it close.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4354 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 4353, Yeet wrote:I don’t understand what you are saying. I never say fua was townie for me before they claimed. I said fua was towny. What I’m referring to there is he was towny in general, specifically up to their span in the game. I TR’d fua strongly after the claim and up through replaceout. I don’t see why this is a point against me.
*they were townie in general
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4355 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 4350, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 4347, Yeet wrote:Another thing that I don’t like about Malcolm’s posting is a lot of it is based on objectiveness. He frequently gets salty about how other people who are doing “similar or worse” things are not getting as much pressure as others (namely himself). I can point to examples after work if needed.

The issue I gave with this mindset is that I feel like he is expecting people to play objectively good townplay and people who don’t match up to this standard are scum. I mean it’s not impossible that it could be a playstyle difference but his mindset still feels like he’s scum caught for the “wrong reasons”.
Why is trying to play objectively a bad way to approach the game? I'd rather that than just aimlessly going for whatever player catches your eye. Obviously there's always going to be an element of subjectivity to reads but I still expect people to then find a way to back up those reads.
Because imo there aren’t many objective things about this game. The whole point of mafia is a psychological guessing game. We all have different play styles and look for different things. Some of us are probably a little bit more accurate than others on average but who knows honestly.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4356 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:54 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4355, Yeet wrote:Malcolm who are you going to vote? Your unvote of me without a push at this point doesn’t do anything for the gamestate.

I also think Enchant and Galron need to vote a real wagon. We are cutting it close.
I'm swaying, happy to vote out VP if consensus is that's the best move but wary we don't get much from it if they come back town. Obviously would rather not be eliminated myself but at least my elimination would give back decent info when I come out as a town - who pushed and who didn't etc. I reckon there's definitely one/two mafia in the bunch currently voting me.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4357 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Yeet »

Malcolm if we are both town who is scum?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4358 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Yeet »

Do you really think scum!April comes in and decides to push you, with only one person (me) at the time expressing real paranoia on you, and drives you as a counterwagon because he thinks he can get 9 votes on you to miselim you? That’s the kind of agenda I would have to accept in a scum!April world and it is a bit tough for me, so you can explain that maybe that will help your case? If April and VP are both town I just have a hard time seeing you as town in that regard too.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4359 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean it is ass that Malcolm isn't voting...

My first thought was that Vp was scum and Malcolm was a CW that scum Yeet and Eyes hopped on. Maybe he's scum, maybe he's not, IDK.

Cape, Titus, STD, Enchant, Galron should be moving their votes to one of those 2 wagons.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4360 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:00 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4359, Yeet wrote:Malcolm if we are both town who is scum?
I'm not sure you are town. Little for me to indicate that. Why you're my main suspect.

VP/tenebros have been among my higher suspects but I'm still not 100% on either, I'd go a VP bandwagon but if he's town wary we don't learn much.

April has not looked good from a town POV since replacing in. Ari didn't beforehand but their approach seemed incredibly counterproductive to how mafia would play the game, but April's approach since then has made me re-evaluate that slot. One that needs close attention tomorrow.

Quite possibly one in a newer place like Galron who hasn't done much so far. Scorpious another decent shout but I fear it wouldn't give us much info this turn.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4361 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:03 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4360, Yeet wrote:Do you really think scum!April comes in and decides to push you, with only one person (me) at the time expressing real paranoia on you, and drives you as a counterwagon because he thinks he can get 9 votes on you to miselim you? That’s the kind of agenda I would have to accept in a scum!April world and it is a bit tough for me, so you can explain that maybe that will help your case? If April and VP are both town I just have a hard time seeing you as town in that regard too.
Why not? April was a new player and coming in to push me was a read that would set them apart from other players in terms of read. I wasn't closely associated with any particular wagon or agenda and it didn't look like they were deflecting as such.

Not that their reads have been perfect, but Math heavily suspects April. If they die in the night turn due to being mason and I get eliminated in the vote, you'll have two confirmed town into tomorrow's turn both arguing for April to be eliminated. That should probably be taken into account.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4362 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Yeet »

Malcolm not voting does seem to be a playstyle thing so I wouldn’t dock him townpoints for it. I do think he should just VP though, I’m really not sure what he’s swaying on, it seems like of the 3 wagons VP is clearly his top choice.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4363 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:05 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4361, Nero Cain wrote:
I mean it is ass that Malcolm isn't voting...

My first thought was that Vp was scum and Malcolm was a CW that scum Yeet and Eyes hopped on. Maybe he's scum, maybe he's not, IDK.

Cape, Titus, STD, Enchant, Galron should be moving their votes to one of those 2 wagons.
I don't tend to vote all that extensively except when absolutely needed. I've been torn between accepting VP wagon is our most viable option besides me or accepting I might go and that my town elimination will give useful info for the next turn, or trying to push another wagon like Yeet, but I don't think anyone is up for that. Will likely just stick my vote on VP later on if no alternative comes up, I'm happy enough for them to go as possible mafia, wary of what we actually get if they come back town.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4364 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Yeet »

Wait what does the “wary we don’t get much” from VP’s elim mean, I don’t get it
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4365 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Yeet »

Sigh
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4366 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4364, Yeet wrote:Malcolm not voting does seem to be a playstyle thing so I wouldn’t dock him townpoints for it. I do think he should just VP though, I’m really not sure what he’s swaying on, it seems like of the 3 wagons VP is clearly his top choice.
I don't think Scorpious is particularly a much worse choice as such but it'd be an incredibly, incredibly lazy wagon at this stage we don't learn much from. I'd say VP is therefore the better wagon, but if VP is town I am probably the better wagon for interesting info to be gained from my elimination.

I still don't fundamentally see why nobody else can be pushed though considering there is still a day left and this has been a high activity game. The sudden shift to tentativeness has fundamentally been one of the most interesting things so far for me and should be taken into account in the next turn.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4367 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Yeet »

I think people being pretty polarized on VPB would make it a decently high info yeet
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4368 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4326, fireisredsir wrote:ok yea i wasn't really that convinced of that being a slip, but you're right that VP's interpretation there is extremely generous to galron
This is what scum pocketing Math looks like btw. He would be the number one person I'd try to pocket if I was scum and I would definitely keep him alive for awhile.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4369 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Yeet »

Well the person still has to claim and we have to have enough time to switch to someone else and maybe let them claim, etc

And this is a large game which is harder to coordinate a majority vote

And realistically no one is going to come with some bombshell case on someone other than scorpious, Malcolm, or VPB

If you want to, be my guest I guess
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4370 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:11 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4366, Yeet wrote:Wait what does the “wary we don’t get much” from VP’s elim mean, I don’t get it
If a townie gets eliminated it's useful to see who was on the wagon and when, and how that might allow us to find mafia in future turns.

Problem is though the wagon for VP has been relatively consistent without being definitive in a way that has probably allowed some mafia to hide behind it if VP does end up coming out as town.

If I'm voted out it's fairly clear who comes out looking bad - you, April and Eyes for example. That doesn't mean you're definitely mafia but it's useful all the same and can then help the town how to decide to approach the game going forward.

My concern is we don't learn much if VP is voted out and turns out to be town in the end. The wagon, when it was started, seemed largely fair if it wasn't conclusive. Who are your main suspects who weren't under that much pressure before if VP turns out to be town? I'm not too sure.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4369, Yeet wrote:I think people being pretty polarized on VPB would make it a decently high info yeet
In post 4371, Yeet wrote:Well the person still has to claim and we have to have enough time to switch to someone else and maybe let them claim, etc

And this is a large game which is harder to coordinate a majority vote

And realistically no one is going to come with some bombshell case on someone other than scorpious, Malcolm, or VPB

If you want to, be my guest I guess
Possibly yeah, maybe I'm not seeing it from my POV but then I appreciate others will have different views of VP and will have had a different dynamic playing with them.

Either way I can confirm I won't be claiming, I'm town so no major gambit to follow from me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:14 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 4370, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 4326, fireisredsir wrote:ok yea i wasn't really that convinced of that being a slip, but you're right that VP's interpretation there is extremely generous to galron
This is what scum pocketing Math looks like btw. He would be the number one person I'd try to pocket if I was scum and I would definitely keep him alive for awhile.
I'm interested in Fire, their play had largely felt more townie than anyone else's so far but their reads on me/you as potential teammates and switching their vote to me at the same time all felt very suspect and incoherent. Might take a dig through their ISO later.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4370, VP Baltar wrote:
do you disagree that you were extremely generous to galron
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The big scum giveaway for fire is that he hasn't had any original ideas since like D1. He is clearly very smart, and smart people take actions outside the safety of what's popular. I could write a whole case about that, but I doubt that is worth my time at this point because the wagon isn't going to flip. When I'm dead, look at that very closely.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”