MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:04 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3221, Yeet wrote:More info to go on. I change my reads based on new information. Primarily it has been reasons to think people were town I previously thought were scum.
But having more info to go on also should make it easier to SR other people no? Like I'm baffled how a few select posts early on had you reaching immediate conclusions, whereas now with thousands of posts you say you're struggling to have any conclusive thoughts.

If you are mafia then I suppose there's a logic where you go in early with lots of reads because it's fundamentally hard for anyone to prove them - part of the early game is throwing around shit and seeing what sticks and provoking people into interesting responses, but if you're mafia it's arguably more difficult to feign interest in someone because they have more evidence with which to mount a defence. But such an approach would still allow you to build a reputation as an engaged player with "reads" instead of someone sitting back and not saying as much.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3217, Yeet wrote:Re skim of ISO, weird naked adamance in pushing me
Skimming Malcolm’s provided ISO
Math’s adamance against the wagon

Enough to make me think it’s certainly possible this is town!Frogster.
These are terrible reasons to lose spine on a wagon, and especially to townread frogster
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3225, Frogsterking wrote:I've gotten this feedback many times before in games or social situations after the size of the group is increased. I'm experiencing heightened feelings of vulnerability in this game so far compared to other games because of the high speed and large player count. It's observant of you but NAI and possibly scum motivated to push.
Do you have meta that backs this up?
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:06 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3054, Yeet wrote:Do I give you a similar impression, fire?
yeet was there a reason you asked this?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

frogster pinged me in my catch up but i'm a little wary of the wagon so far
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3222, Yeet wrote:Should I be townreading you, Malcolm? I noticed quite a few others think you are townie however it is hard for me to read you as such. I can’t find any reasons to scumread you either, you’re just very null all around to me.
I mean yes, you should be TR'ing me, but then I'm obviously going to say that irrespective of my alignment so this feels like a fluff question.

But I'd say my reads have been fairly consistent while being relaxed enough for me to change my mind and update my reads on new info which helps the town. Eg I town read you early on but your play since later in turn one has struck me as increasingly mafia. I pushed tenebros early on, got more of a town vibe, and now get a mafia vibe again. I'm trying to back up any assertions I have with proper evidence and I don't think I've been agenda-driven in a way mafia might be.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3230, fireisredsir wrote:
It's also interesting that Yeet comments on your post without a question instead of giving any info to the town as to how they feel about tenebros as a result of your read. It's cagey.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3231, Save The Dragons wrote:frogster pinged me in my catch up but i'm a little wary of the wagon so far
Why?
YOUR AD HERE

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:11 am

why'd he ping or why i'm wary of the wagon
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:12 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 27, Yeet wrote:I suspect that Frogsterking is aligned with the town.
In post 41, Yeet wrote:VOTE: Datisi

I feel jittery about this slot’s opening posts.
In post 45, Yeet wrote:
In post 43, Datisi wrote:
In post 41, Yeet wrote:VOTE: Datisi

I feel jittery about this slot’s opening posts.
good vote

what gives you the jitters?
Now I think you are scum subliminally signaling to me that I have, in fact, made a good vote.
In post 50, Yeet wrote:You are not helping your case, scumDatisi.
In post 54, Yeet wrote:Frogsterking is confirmed town to me. I will not accept any vote on Frogsterking.
In post 57, Yeet wrote:On the other hand, Datisi is most likely scum this game.
In post 60, Yeet wrote:
In post 58, tenebrousluminary wrote:VOTE: Datisi

Post 39 feels unnatural to me.

Frogsterking, you may need to do some research on what to expect from this game.
I also don’t like 39. I don’t like the way Datisi is engaging the thread.
In post 64, Yeet wrote:I also wouldn’t mind getting Datisi hammered soon.
In post 66, Yeet wrote:I can guarantee at least one scum has posted.
In post 68, Yeet wrote:Save the Dragons is also town.
In post 76, Yeet wrote:If I am wrong on Datisi, then skitter30 is scum.
In post 100, Yeet wrote:Datisi’s responses do not ease my anxiety about his alignment.
In post 112, Yeet wrote:
In post 83, skitter30 wrote:After readinf multiple times, i actually dont think i got any clarity from it >.>

Why is it more believeable that me/dats would townbin you than for yeet to do the same thing?

~

Nai = non alignment indicative

In other words i'm saying what dats has done thus far is neither townie nor scummy for him
skitter30, I don’t believe you are being consistent in your explanation.

I don’t believe that you would say that you’re not sure why people think Datisi is scum when you know exactly how he plays and believe this to be his town self.

You are assuming that we know him implicitly there. We do not know Datisi, so why would you expect us to have the same opinion on him with your knowledge?

You would’ve simply said that Datisi’s posts are “NAI”, without the part where you’re “not sure why people dislike him”.

It doesn’t make sense, it’s not a real read, and your approach to this whole thing feels like it’s not coming from a genuine solving headspace - rather it was feeble attempt to provide content and you felt the urge to white knight him.

Vote: skitter30
Like can anyone read these posts and tell me they even slightly resemble the Yeet we're seeing now? Within just over 100 posts they:

- Make at least two hard scum reads.
- Make two strong TR's.
- Say they want a player hammered soon.
- 'Guarantee' mafia has posted.

None of this squares up with a player who now - over 300 posts into the game - is flip-flopping regularly and admits they don't have any particularly strong mafia reads. It's like a different player. But there is surely no reason for Yeet to deliberately alter their approach to the game as a townie.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:14 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Again I find this early Datisi wagon really interesting, especially given the possibility of tenebros/Yeet as teammates.

Both push early on without much of a case, especially Yeet who basically thinks they've caught mafia about 60 posts into the game.

But the case against Datisi was never coherent or all that good. Is it possible someone in a mafia thread realised this and told them to chill a bit? The argument, from tenebros at least, is that Datisi's posting improved but I still don't see what they did which was all that wrong in the first place anyway.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 am

In post 3234, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3231, Save The Dragons wrote:frogster pinged me in my catch up but i'm a little wary of the wagon so far
Why?
i guess my best answer to both is i'm concerned more about yeet than i am about frogs at this point
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Re 3236 - that should say over 3k posts into the game, not 300, obviously.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 3227, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 3221, Yeet wrote:More info to go on. I change my reads based on new information. Primarily it has been reasons to think people were town I previously thought were scum.
But having more info to go on also should make it easier to SR other people no? Like I'm baffled how a few select posts early on had you reaching immediate conclusions, whereas now with thousands of posts you say you're struggling to have any conclusive thoughts.

If you are mafia then I suppose there's a logic where you go in early with lots of reads because it's fundamentally hard for anyone to prove them - part of the early game is throwing around shit and seeing what sticks and provoking people into interesting responses, but if you're mafia it's arguably more difficult to feign interest in someone because they have more evidence with which to mount a defence. But such an approach would still allow you to build a reputation as an engaged player with "reads" instead of someone sitting back and not saying as much.
This scum narrative seems like a big stretch. I think you are severely fitting reasons to your read at this point. I’m not really struggling to have reads, I just have more townreads than before. Like I said I’m more of a townhunter.

It’s not a fluff question - not everyone as town thinks they should be townread given their play and scum will sometimes give dumb fake reasons
In post 3232, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 3222, Yeet wrote:Should I be townreading you, Malcolm? I noticed quite a few others think you are townie however it is hard for me to read you as such. I can’t find any reasons to scumread you either, you’re just very null all around to me.
I mean yes, you should be TR'ing me, but then I'm obviously going to say that irrespective of my alignment so this feels like a fluff question.

But I'd say my reads have been fairly consistent while being relaxed enough for me to change my mind and update my reads on new info which helps the town. Eg I town read you early on but your play since later in turn one has struck me as increasingly mafia. I pushed tenebros early on, got more of a town vibe, and now get a mafia vibe again. I'm trying to back up any assertions I have with proper evidence and I don't think I've been agenda-driven in a way mafia might be.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3235, Save The Dragons wrote:why'd he ping or why i'm wary of the wagon
Wary of the wagon. I get not liking Yeet's waffling, but I think what I'm picking up on here is real.
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 3238, Save The Dragons wrote:
Why?
i guess my best answer to both is i'm concerned more about yeet than i am about frogs at this point
Why?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why?
Ok, fair
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Yeet »

That was early game with little to go on so it’s good to poke things aggressively to get things moving. The gamestate has matured.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Yeet »

Hammering Datisi soon was sort of a joke.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3241, VP Baltar wrote: but I think what I'm picking up on here is real.
is this your strongest scumread at the moment? what other scumreads do you have?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 3228, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3217, Yeet wrote:Re skim of ISO, weird naked adamance in pushing me
Skimming Malcolm’s provided ISO
Math’s adamance against the wagon

Enough to make me think it’s certainly possible this is town!Frogster.
These are terrible reasons to lose spine on a wagon, and especially to townread frogster
I don’t know how you can call them terrible if I didn’t even go into detail of them. Which I don’t really feel like doing now before Frogster comes and posts more?

“I reskimmed their ISO and reevaluated them, read an example of their townplay”, these are bad reasons but themselves?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 3230, fireisredsir wrote:
I thought that your accusation of tenebro sort of applied to me too with how people have been treating me in this gamestate. It made me wonder why you were singling him out/if you felt the way others do about me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3246, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3241, VP Baltar wrote: but I think what I'm picking up on here is real.
is this your strongest scumread at the moment? what other scumreads do you have?
I still want to yeet the fuck out of cape, but that was going nowhere. People are willing to give him a pass today even though he is doing nothing and had a very questionable hammer yesterday, as I've explained.

If I was going to compromise on something, I might be willing to back a tenebros wagon, but I go back and forth there.
YOUR AD HERE

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:24 am

In post 3242, Yeet wrote:
Why?
Why?
you seemed pretty townie d1 but haven't given off that vibe d2 with pushes on cape and malcolm, both of whom i think have been somewhat town.

targeting cape for the hammer vote seems like you were trying to stir shit up, and i'm not quite sure why you voted for malcolm.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3247, Yeet wrote:“I reskimmed their ISO and reevaluated them, read an example of their townplay”, these are bad reasons but themselves?
I looked at his iso here, the game Malcom linked, and the recent game I played with frog. It's not a convincing point that he is town.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”