humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:16 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 112, Yeet wrote:
In post 83, skitter30 wrote:After readinf multiple times, i actually dont think i got any clarity from it >.>

Why is it more believeable that me/dats would townbin you than for yeet to do the same thing?

~

Nai = non alignment indicative

In other words i'm saying what dats has done thus far is neither townie nor scummy for him
skitter30, I don’t believe you are being consistent in your explanation.

I don’t believe that you would say that you’re not sure why people think Datisi is scum when you know exactly how he plays and believe this to be his town self.

You are assuming that we know him implicitly there. We do not know Datisi, so why would you expect us to have the same opinion on him with your knowledge?

You would’ve simply said that Datisi’s posts are “NAI”, without the part where you’re “not sure why people dislike him”.

It doesn’t make sense, it’s not a real read, and your approach to this whole thing feels like it’s not coming from a genuine solving headspace - rather it was feeble attempt to provide content and you felt the urge to white knight him.

Vote: skitter30
if Yeet flips scum, it might be worth to see if scum is in the other wagon — and #1206 is some sort of split maneuver to avoid association by VCA
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:17 am

oops misquoted there. sorry about that.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

seems really unlikely to place me as top townread. Seems like Yeet is maybe trying to get me off their back by calling me obv townie.

I don't buy from to to . It seems pretty opportunistic to join the popular monkey wagon which Yeet has allegedly townread all day.

Now, if fua flipped maf for example, I might be tempted to town lean Yeet for supporting me on that wagon. Since fua seems really townie now it makes me suspicious of Yeet's motives for supporting my push onto fua earlier.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:44 am

fine VOTE: yeet
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:46 am

though none of those reasons are how you said he was (not scumhunting)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2181, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1618, Nero Cain wrote:Ari is scum and when asked to explain their reads throws a hisssy fit? I kinda think that scum would have reacted in a more "pro-town" manner. + that whole "u fell into my trap!" just seems so...silly. Isn't pooky supposed to be really good? b/c this doesn't really look it to me.
By extension, doesn't this literally fit in with the argument against Aristeia in , , , , , , , , , etc, etc.?
im not really sure what you are trying to say here...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2178, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1600, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1584, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 910, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 909, Datisi wrote:@baltar, is there a reason why you did not include me in the early readslist? i see you have a null category, and pretty sure i had posted at the time
I started with the full list of names at the start of my catch up and was slotting them into those piles as I was going along and getting feelings one way or the other. So while I had a null category, by the time I finished read I was kind of tired and didn't feel like writing out WHY I felt null on a bunch of people still (including you), I just knew I wasn't ready to make an alignment call on those people yet.
this exchange just feels so wrong
i mean he's prob scum .
So Nero, you seem pretty locked into the fact that:
1. there are 2 scum in our neighborhood
2. That I am town versus skitter and VP Baltar even though I definitely feel like I have done less then both.

Why is this exactly
I'm just a low-tier OMGUSy player. Although I do think that the idea that I'm in a hood with .75% of scum is a lil lol. I flip between "one of is scum" and both are. Like I just think that both are really scummy for various reasons. If you want to argue that the only reason I "caught" them is b/c they pushed on me then fine.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:09 am

Post by fua »

In post 2190, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2063, fua wrote:I claim PR. You can all now feel free to get off of me.

Fire or Skitter should probably die today. I wouldn’t be opposed to Wu, but it feels like a waste right now.
In post 2066, fua wrote:Try it and you’ll catch my vig bullet in the face tonight. No, really. Make mu day.
In post 2070, fua wrote:
In post 2065, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2063, fua wrote:I claim PR. You can all now feel free to get off of me.

Fire or Skitter should probably die today. I wouldn’t be opposed to Wu, but it feels like a waste right now.
What about Ari?
Ari is also scum, but a little less likely than the other two. Maybe she really did just make a bad push.
In post 2072, fua wrote:If anyone else wants to claim vigilante then feel free.
This is really townie UNVOTE: fua
Whoa… no way! I never saw it that way!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:12 am

Post by fua »

Paranoia moment: The hood is just the scumteam.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2019, Yeet wrote:
In post 2017, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1742, Aristeia wrote:scummy
Scorpious
DeasVail
Eyes without a face
GeneralWu
like here's Mith's gift to mafia pushing 3 lurkers and some rando as scum
Pooky is a certainly a strong player but no one is
infallible
. I also feel that most of the active players are more likely to be town in this game.
this is just me being nitpicky right? When he says that Ari isn't infallible it's implying that her reads were wrong and that's not information town has on d1.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2210, fua wrote:Paranoia moment: The hood is just the scumteam.
my life to flip VP and Skitter is a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:20 am

In post 2211, Nero Cain wrote:this is just me being nitpicky right? When he says that Ari isn't infallible it's implying that her reads were wrong and that's not information town has on d1.
this could possibly be something
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2197, Frogsterking wrote:Also I think the best evidence against Wu is the wagon collapse but that's circumstantial evidence. If you like wagon-resistant then check iut Yeet by the way too, Yeet is even more wagon resistance than Wu.
Yeet never had a real wagon on them though did they? That is not the same thing.

You could say I'm wagon resistant because Nero has voted me and no one followed, but that doesn't really speak to anything about me, but rather the weak case Nero is making.

You say Yeet hasn't been scumhunting....idk if that's true. I think yeet has been as active in driving the game forward as you have. Also, there are other people who are doing much less. Why single him out?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:17 am

what do you think about the other points against Yeet, VP? just curious.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2215, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what do you think about the other points against Yeet, VP? just curious.
I want to ISO yeet where frogster is saying their read of you flipped inexplicably because there are 700 posts between those changed reads. I think that is the strongest point I saw made, but also seems like it needs verification that it is not cherry picked posts.
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2019, Yeet wrote:
In post 2017, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1742, Aristeia wrote:scummy
Scorpious
DeasVail
Eyes without a face
GeneralWu
like here's Mith's gift to mafia pushing 3 lurkers and some rando as scum
Pooky is a certainly a strong player but no one is infallible. I also feel that most of the active players are more likely to be town in this game.
In post 2024, Yeet wrote:Im not sure what you’re saying here Math. Oh and you can be town too.

Nero, I don’t. They were two independent points against your accusation.
I explain shortly after that those two points are independent. You are arguing you think they are wrong and you think they should be right.

I said, as two independent rebuttals that: 1) they might not be wrong 2) they don't have to be right to be town.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Yeet »

fua's claim was instantly believeable for me not just because of the claim, but the strange interactions I had with them (along with the subtle threats that I mentioned) felt in-line with what I might expect a vigilante to do. I've had similar interactions where I tunneled a PR and interacting with them felt kind of reminiscent.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, yeah, it definitely kind of doesn't make sense for Yeet to vote HEM over Wu at that point in the game. Yeet had made several posts on the merits of HEM town and none on the merits of Wu town, so I'm not sure why Yeet would pick HEM in that scenario other than it was likely the largest wagon at the time.

Yeet, want to explain your thought process in 1206?
YOUR AD HERE

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:28 am

not really i was still a "light town" for him some posts ago from that point. there were also odd posts i pointed out in #2201. In #2204, Frogster made a good point about Yeet's #199. Nero's #2211 is kind of a reach but it's interesting to note.

you're really someone i wanna be working with right now because you're pushing the town towards a resolution, and i'm trying to do that as well.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:29 am

In post 2220, humaneatingmonkey wrote:not really i was still a "light town" for him some posts ago from that point. there were also odd posts i pointed out in #2201. In #2204, Frogster made a good point about Yeet's #199. Nero's #2211 is kind of a reach but it's interesting to note.

you're really someone i wanna be working with right now because you're pushing the town towards a resolution, and i'm trying to do that as well.
this post was a response to 2216
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2220, humaneatingmonkey wrote:not really i was still a "light town" for him some posts ago from that point. there were also odd posts i pointed out in #2201. In #2204, Frogster made a good point about Yeet's #199. Nero's #2211 is kind of a reach but it's interesting to note.
The post 199 is a bit whatever to me given how early in the game it was and how fast things were moving.

As far as , I kind of see your point, but it is also possible to say someone has more of a point in a TvT argument.

I'll sheep you here for now, although I thought you were sold more on ari scum. Still think it is worth me rereading that interaction today.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: yeet
YOUR AD HERE

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:38 am

In post 2222, VP Baltar wrote:although I thought you were sold more on ari scum
she can still be scum. nothing indicates otherwise.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:39 am

i realize our avis are both smoking humanoids in suits.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Yeet »

I'm not really sure what people have anxieties about in my 1206 other than theories about my scum!motivation? I explained my thoughts there and I stand by the fact that it was necessary to move the game along voting the largest wagon that I didn't townread. I also wanted to show others that I was willing to compromise to set a tone to push the game forward. I guess I could've voted Wu who is kind of just at pure null for me but I thought the game was moving a bit slowly and as I said HEM became a bit more nullish for me than I originally tried to defend him for. If you wanted to pin me down on why, I guess part of me loses a bit of confidence in a read when I present arguments for someone being town based off of a reasoning that I feel might be a specific process for myself, and get shut down by multiple people (which is what I felt happened, notably from fire and Aristeia). But at the end of the day it was just a feeling that I had enough doubt there that I could justify compromising.

I think it's somewhat unlucky that we've hit (probably) two townies (HEM and fua) but I would rather take that risk than just do nothing the whole day. I agree that it's probably fine to slow the game down a little bit (but not to a ridiculous degree, we should still compromise to a degree and push people).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2224, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i realize our avis are both smoking humanoids in suits.
Hurtling rapidly toward sweet sweet death
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”