Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

Vp- you want me to vote someone who might accrue votes today. That is as close as I am willing to get to complying with your request at this time.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1153, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 1063, fua wrote: STD - Has brought new ideas to the table and is putting in some effort to be visible and play the game. More of a townlean than full town, but still.
I would characterize this as exaggerated at best.
why did you only pick my read out of fua's list
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:12 pm

In post 1201, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1063, fua wrote: STD - Has brought new ideas to the table and is putting in some effort to be visible and play the game. More of a townlean than full town, but still.
It seemed the most out of place. At the time, you had one post that brought any ideas to the table, new or otherwise, and were barely playing the game. My attention was also drawn because fua was not the first person to place you bizarrely high in their list. I also meant to comment on their Wu read, but got distracted and forgot until a later post.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1197, VP Baltar wrote:Also, nordom isn't in this game anymore
but he can still vote the nord slot and math and whoever is gonna rep in can defend.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1202, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 1201, Save The Dragons wrote:
It seemed the most out of place. At the time, you had one post that brought any ideas to the table, new or otherwise, and were barely playing the game. My attention was also drawn because fua was not the first person to place you bizarrely high in their list. I also meant to comment on their Wu read, but got distracted and forgot until a later post.
Actually three ideas to the table, such as directly calling Nord town.

Who else put STD high? And why didn't you question them?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: generalWu
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 1191, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1190, tenebrousluminary wrote:Perhaps I am able to ascertain why you'd think that. You may have a point.

VOTE: Dragons
Vote Wu or HEM.

Large games should consolidate D1 as fast as possible or we will end up at 100+ pages for D1 and that's just annoying later in the game.
THIS right here is why my sequence on Datisi was not wrong. We need to get things moving and start pushing in this kind of game since opinions will be far more fragmented. The probability that close to half the people in this game have the same top scumread is far lower than in a smaller game. That means we need to compromise and not always vote our top scumread at any given point. We don't want to dilly dally the whole day and scramble with no info at the end. I am saying this now so that we do not get caught in problems down the line. Just to put my money where my mouth is, I will VOTE: humaneatingmonkey, even though my last impression of him is light town (although I feel more nullish on him anyway).

Yes, Aristeia's townread on Datisi gives me some pause on him being scum. No, that doesn't mean I still don't want more pressure on him and to run him up. If people want to start voting Datisi again I will gladly switch back. And me pointing out that I didn't think many people at the time had a favorable opinion on him.

I haven't fully caught up (nor do I intend to in such a large game) but it seems things have changed. It is concerning that people are using my recent activity to discredit the townie vibes that I gave earlier. It is possible that this is scum motivated to keep the PoE wider, but it seems more likely to me that this is just poor activity logic.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Yeet »

I feel a little bit better about Datisi right now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1203, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1197, VP Baltar wrote:Also, nordom isn't in this game anymore
but he can still vote the nord slot and math and whoever is gonna rep in can defend.
As someone who wants Wu dead, you shouldn't be arguing with me here.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1184, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1183, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1165, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1159, fireisredsir wrote:who is even defending you
You (somewhat).
I do have to think about this though.
lets not forget Skitter and Ari and VP in a way
Wtf are you talking about? I have not come to wu's defense at all that I'm aware of
Still want an answer to this btw. When did I defend wu?
YOUR AD HERE

tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:31 pm

In post 1204, fua wrote:Who else put STD high? And why didn't you question them?
Ari. That avenue of questioning has been done to death.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by fua »

Yeah, but it was never actually singled out or answered despite her saying her read on him was genuine. It was an exchange where HEM just kept asking for an explanation for all of her reads and she didn't give one.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Yeet »

Of all the players here I would say I find myself nodding and agreeing the most with DeasVail's posts. Call it a mindmeld if you will, I remember he said something similar about me a while back. The similar lines of thinking would make me believe it is likely that he is also town as we seem to be looking out for similar things. If he was attempting to pocket me here, I don't think I would feel the same way about him, and moreover I'm not sure what his incentive is to overtly pocket a random player like me. Unless my earlier pushes were somehow dead on and he wanted to establish some sort of influence on me, but that feels like a stretch.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1209, VP Baltar wrote:When did I defend wu?
I feel like like attacked me for pushing only fluff posters (which isn't even an accurate portrayal of events) it was a blanket defense of Wu hence why I said "in a way" dunno what is supposed to mean.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 1063, fua wrote:
In post 1036, VP Baltar wrote:Ok, anyhow, moving on...

In post 1031, fua wrote:I haven’t been keeping tabs on the case on you because I’ve been kind of tunneled and focused on a few other players to the point where I just forgot what I thought of you. You hadn’t posted in a while so other people were more prevalent.
Where is your head at currently with your scum reads? I have a hard time tracking who you actually want to lim.
Town:
Malcolm - Reasons I've already explained. I think that he's level-headed and approaching situations with nuance, and also after going back through ISOs I agree that the case on Datisi.
Datisi - I've gone through ISOs and liked his posting a lot. I think it's a solid townie mindset and I don't see what other people see in him.
Nero - I know how Nero plays. This is probably town Nero. Handled GeneralWu well and I think he's right with that read.
Frogster - Weirdly misguided townie who seems way too overeager to catch a scum early. Could be right, but for the wrong reasons. Easy townie on my end and I can't see any associatives.
Skitter30 - I also think she is misguided town. I disagree with a chunk of her townreads and basically all of her scumreads except for maybe Eyes. I especially don't see a case on Nero at all.
STD - Has brought new ideas to the table and is putting in some effort to be visible and play the game. More of a townlean than full town, but still.

Townlean:
VP Baltar - I have issues with your list, but I think your questioning lines are genuine and you are attempting to sort people.
Cape90 - Same.

Null/Not enough info:
Eyes - Barely anything in their ISO and not enough to read them off of.
Tenebro - There have been a few posts I've really liked and a few I've really hated. I've cooled off on them though and I'm not going to revote them unless something changes down the line.
HEM - I can see his play coming from scum or just apathetic town. I think he's just snappy and confrontational in general and I don't see a case on him.
Ari - Not gonna talk about this slot right now, but I can see both cases.
Nordom - Probably just an insensitive moron. No idea what to make of him and I want to see how his replacement handles things.
Scorpious - He looks scummy, but that's true of literally every game he plays. It's not worth pursuing for now and I doubt there's any valuable info we can get out of it even if he does flip scum.

Scummy:
DeasVail - This is the slot I'm least sure on. I think depending on Nordom's alignment it could MAYBE go either way, but for right now I don't see how they can TR HEM with little explanation while SRing Nordom for his snappy dismissiveness. It feels a little bit inconsistent to me and like they're going with the easy route.
Fireisred - It's been pointed out that they're mostly playing the mediator and I'm inclined to agree. They've kind of been piling on to individual wagons and their three votes have just been whatever's easiest to pick out at the time. I think their callout of Tenebro was okay but I also want to see who they actually scumread throughout today.
Yeet - One of the more prominent pushers of the Datisi wagon. I think that Malcolm pointing out their inconsistency on the case on Datisi was a good thing, and going through their posts it kind of looks like they're pushing Datisi's posts into a scum mindset in a square peg round hole kind of deal. They briefly switched to skitter for not SRing Datisi like they did but switched back to him right after, so I don't really think they're actually taking new information into account.

Scum:
GeneralWu - Their ISO is a huge ball of nothing, they've got like 1-2 actual comments on the game compared to the game that Fire linked earlier where they got right down to business, and they ghosted the thread shortly after being called out by Nero and haven't posted in almost a day. My vote is staying here.

Is that good enough for you?
This readslist is really boring. I'm not a fan.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Yeet I'm still not a fan of your slot but if you're looking to run up fua I can make a truce with you D1 so we can both wagon fua
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:48 pm

In post 1211, fua wrote:Yeah, but it was never actually singled out or answered despite her saying her read on him was genuine. It was an exchange where HEM just kept asking for an explanation for all of her reads and she didn't give one.
This is true. I'm only offering a reason why I chose that read to dig into. I am not as suspicious of Ari, nor did she offer a reason on that read with which I could disagree. And, if I am being honest, she is a little scary.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 1215, Frogsterking wrote:Yeet I'm still not a fan of your slot but if you're looking to run up fua I can make a truce with you D1 so we can both wagon fua
It is not the time, he doesn't have the votes yet.

HEM does have the votes. I want to see what happens and progress the game, not stall it further.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by fua »

They.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1213, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1209, VP Baltar wrote:When did I defend wu?
I feel like like attacked me for pushing only fluff posters (which isn't even an accurate portrayal of events) it was a blanket defense of Wu hence why I said "in a way" dunno what is supposed to mean.
That's fairly absurd to read as "VP was sort of defending wu" when really what I was doing was saying you were using a pretty lazy lens to assess scumminess.

And what I mean by 1208 is that I am pushing a Wu or HEM yeet, so you would think you wouldn't be encouraging people to vote elsewhere when your preferred yeet has a 50% chance of happening.
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 1218, fua wrote:They.
Sorry, I will use they/them pronouns for you from now on. I think there's an option somewhere to have the pronoun under your avatar, if you'd like to enable that.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 659, Nero Cain wrote:Who wants to flip a 2022 join date?!?
Nordom? :)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1221, Cape90 wrote:
In post 659, Nero Cain wrote:Who wants to flip a 2022 join date?!?
Nordom? :)
thats who I was talking about when I said that.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1220, Yeet wrote:
In post 1218, fua wrote:They.
Sorry, I will use they/them pronouns for you from now on. I think there's an option somewhere to have the pronoun under your avatar, if you'd like to enable that.
What? I did have that before. I didn't even realize it was gone.

Weird.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 740, Nordom wrote:Wu needs to step the fuck up and start contributing to the game.
Okay coach. Make sure to tell him in your little "neighborhood" ;)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”