GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

I don't think skitter is scummy for saying what she did about Datisi.
It sounds pretty normal to me. While not everyone here is completely familiar with Datisi's playstyle, I don't think it's scummy for skitter to suggest that Datisi's posts are NAI.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Go is often said to have three rules, of which the first is capturing stones. The four intersections connecting to a stone are it's liberties. If your opponent surrounds all the liberties of a stone it is captured. A stone with only one liberty left is in
atari
, which is where the game company get it's name from,

Image Image Image

Official Votecount 1.1Datisi (2): skitter30, tenebrousluminary
[E-8]

tenebrousluminary (2): Datisi, fireisredsir
[E-8]

skitter30 (1): Yeet
Yeet (1): Frogsterking

Not Voting (13): Scorpious, Save The Dragons, Nero Cain, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, fua, Eyes without a face, VP Baltar, Aristeia, Cape90, Nordom, humaneatingmonkey, GeneralWu

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to achieve an eliminaton.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-03-12 05:15:00).
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 123, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 122, DeasVail wrote:
In post 119, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 116, tenebrousluminary wrote:Yeet seems trustworthy and makes a good point. But I think I'll stick with my vote for now.
this is scum

VOTE: tenebrous
yeah that was not a great post
i mean yours right after was kind of similar... the vibes aren't as bad but still
This post feels salty. Like the kind of salty you feel to push back at someone for the sake of it when someone pushes at you. Whether or not it’s scummy I can’t say for sure. In fact it may be towny.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 108, Datisi wrote:
In post 103, skitter30 wrote:But r.e. tenebro - you only had the one vote from yeet at the time, and arguably frog was under more pressure from yeet just then, so i'm not sure i buy the 'scum plying votes on you to fit in and find an easy place to stick a vote' train of thought
/shrug

i think votes are what speaks volume more than words and he's been consistently calling me scum, wasn't he calling frogs town? or did i make that up
Ok but it was like a p3 vote and his reasoning was fine give that we were like on p3 imo, so i'm not sure why you're ascribing scum motivation to it and not just viewing it as a 'town voting the first thing that pinged them outside of rvs' sort of vote
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 111, Datisi wrote:
In post 54, Yeet wrote:Frogsterking is confirmed town to me. I will not accept any vote on Frogsterking.
In post 57, Yeet wrote:On the other hand, Datisi is most likely scum this game.
yeah idk how you think this means frogs was under more pressure from yeet than i was @skitt
Oh i got the timeline mixed up. Never mind on this bit then
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

I'm already controversial. How exciting!
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 125, GeneralWu wrote:I don't think skitter is scummy for saying what she did about Datisi.
It sounds pretty normal to me. While not everyone here is completely familiar with Datisi's playstyle, I don't think it's scummy for skitter to suggest that Datisi's posts are NAI.
The point was not that she suggested his posts are NAI - that is what I expect town skitter to do. And I’m sure she knew that part, regardless of what her alignment is. The point is that she started it with disbelief that he was getting pressure from players who don’t know him, knowing full well that she is using her experience with Datisi to sort him.

She saw an opportunity to make a read (fake content) that she would as town and slipped up in how she presented it.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 123, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 122, DeasVail wrote:
In post 119, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 116, tenebrousluminary wrote:Yeet seems trustworthy and makes a good point. But I think I'll stick with my vote for now.
this is scum

VOTE: tenebrous
yeah that was not a great post
i mean yours right after was kind of similar... the vibes aren't as bad but still
What was similar about it? What didn't you like about tenebro's post?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 127, Yeet wrote: This post feels salty. Like the kind of salty you feel to push back at someone for the sake of it when someone pushes at you. Whether or not it’s scummy I can’t say for sure. In fact it may be towny.
huh? deas was agreeing with me that the tene post was bad, i was saying that theirs was similar. there was no push on me
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by Yeet »

fire, my mistake. I read that interaction incorrectly. My apologies.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 83, skitter30 wrote:After readinf multiple times, i actually dont think i got any clarity from it >.>

Why is it more believeable that me/dats would townbin you than for yeet to do the same thing?

~

Nai = non alignment indicative

In other words i'm saying what dats has done thus far is neither townie nor scummy for him
Okay so in I'm saying I would often consider anyone approaching me the way you did like "hey me and this other person think you're +town" to be a scumtell and reject the read. The way you asked me just now in seems so believable I'm not scumreading you for it AND still I'm too cynical of being pocketed to even give you a potential town lean for it.

I just noticed in you also asked why Yeet is unironically scummy for townreading me despite my only actions being to shade Yeet. I don't know how to answer that other than that I don't think it's a very believable/common reaction from a townie for Yeet to play like that?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 131, Yeet wrote:
In post 125, GeneralWu wrote:I don't think skitter is scummy for saying what she did about Datisi.
The point was not that she suggested his posts are NAI - that is what I expect town skitter to do. And I’m sure she knew that part, regardless of what her alignment is. The point is that she started it with disbelief that he was getting pressure from players who don’t know him, knowing full well that she is using her experience with Datisi to sort him.

She saw an opportunity to make a read (fake content) that she would as town and slipped up in how she presented it.
Maybe she just thought that other players would see the same things she did, but it turned out that they didn't.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 128, skitter30 wrote:i'm not sure why you're ascribing scum motivation to it and not just viewing it as a 'town voting the first thing that pinged them outside of rvs' sort of vote
because he did not show what i think town usually shows around making a vote like that - like where's the sorting when he's already keen on making srs reads? why does he seem to be fading in the background after making it? he made like, one throwaway questions post at me and that's it. it feels more like scum trying to fulfill their "solving quota" than town genuinely feeling the game if that makes sense

also like, i'll let you in on a little secret: i was not as sure on this read as i gave the impression of being at the time... the responses haven't been Good though imho
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 112, Yeet wrote:I don’t believe that you would say that you’re not sure why people think Datisi is scum when you know exactly how he plays and believe this to be his town self.

You are assuming that we know him implicitly there. We do not know Datisi, so why would you expect us to have the same opinion on him with your knowledge?

You would’ve simply said that Datisi’s posts are “NAI”, without the part where you’re “not sure why people dislike him”.

It doesn’t make sense, it’s not a real read, and your approach to this whole thing feels like it’s not coming from a genuine solving headspace - rather it was feeble attempt to provide content and you felt the urge to white knight him.
- i didnt say i believe this to be his town self, why do you think i thought that?
- i said that i thought his behavior up till that point was nai (note that i now dont love his tenebro vote tho), and that the reasoning people were giving for him being scummy i found unconvincing
- i am not assuming you know him. I'm saying that *i* know him and i'm sharing what i know/believe/feel abt his play to you guys
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 132, DeasVail wrote:What was similar about it? What didn't you like about tenebro's post?
you both said you liked yeet's post but took no real position on what it actually meant. it's just weakly engaging, looks like content but doesn't say anything, and possibly some light pocketing. tene's was phrased more awkwardly but they're also newer than you, so meh
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 137, Datisi wrote:
In post 128, skitter30 wrote:i'm not sure why you're ascribing scum motivation to it and not just viewing it as a 'town voting the first thing that pinged them outside of rvs' sort of vote
because he did not show what i think town usually shows around making a vote like that - like where's the sorting when he's already keen on making srs reads? why does he seem to be fading in the background after making it? he made like, one throwaway questions post at me and that's it. it feels more like scum trying to fulfill their "solving quota" than town genuinely feeling the game if that makes sense

also like, i'll let you in on a little secret: i was not as sure on this read as i gave the impression of being at the time... the responses haven't been Good though imho
I considered responding to your answers to my questions, but I decided that your answers made my point for me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: fireisredsir
Show
Hiatus once more.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 101, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 91, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 87, fireisredsir wrote:why does frogster sound so NEW, it's weird vibes for a 2011 join date
Shade or curious?
no offense meant, new isn't bad. but when the way you are approaching and interacting with the game doesn't line up with how i would think an experienced player would, it could be cause you feel awkward and have trouble engaging genuinely as maf.

but on the other hand, if you are more new (and looks like you don't have a ton of games played actually) then it makes you make more sense to me
Okay I understand now, I think you're scumhunting because you already followed up by checking my # games played
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Yeet »

*and that the reasoning people were giving for him being scummy i found unconvincing*

To be clear, this is the part of your response I actually care about, skitter30, since the rest of it. I apologize for saying you thought he was town, I meant NAI there.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Dats did you roll town again ? ? : )
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Vote Yeet
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 131, Yeet wrote:

'I'm not sure why X' to express disagreement is a very very common phrasing convention for me

I was basically saying that i disagree with the reasonings given for scumreading him at that point
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 141, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: fireisredsir
thanks but why
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 141, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: fireisredsir
why? what happened to disliking my tenebro vote?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 139, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 132, DeasVail wrote:What was similar about it? What didn't you like about tenebro's post?
you both said you liked yeet's post but took no real position on what it actually meant. it's just weakly engaging, looks like content but doesn't say anything, and possibly some light pocketing. tene's was phrased more awkwardly but they're also newer than you, so meh
I don't have much to say on my post beyond that it pretty much meant exactly what was said. I wanted to express that I liked the thought process from Yeet, even if I didn't agree with the reasoning.

For what it's worth, I didn't like Tenebro's post because it felt like explaining a position in the way that scum would. I feel like scum are more aware of where they are voting and more often feel the need to justify their actions.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”