Mini 690 - Grimmmafia (Game over, the flavor returns...)

fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:35 am

Post by fleurdelys »

post 371-ths is my response

Mod edit
Official Votecount:
Porkens (3): sirdanilot, kloud1516, Biohazard
Gorrad (3): Plum, CoheedCambria09, Porkens
Fleurdelys (1): SpyreX
SpyreX (1): fleurdelys

Not voting (3): wolframnhart, Gorrad, dahill1

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

You think I'm a ponce?
That's your response?

Not even trying,
to address the lying.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Ok, so first of all Fleur, you arn't helping yourself out at all. When asked to refute a case against yourself, do it. And do it legitmately.

Secondly for me, today, I think that the lynch should be either porkens or gorrad, both who have fairly solid cases built against them by multiple different people. This isnt saying we still shouldnt be watching Fleur for any more slippups, but the other two are higher in my scum books.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Biohazard wrote:I don't understand your first post. Finding a person to be pro-town is far from assuming them to town? I'd think that if a person finds a player pro-town then they could assume the player to be town because if all the players found people to be pro-town but had doubts of assuming them town then it would affect the way to scumhunt because they can't lock on in any people if everybody they see isn't town but acts protown. Also wheter I think all discussion helps, yes I do. I'm not sure what TA is but I think at the moment it's irrelivant to the current game at hand. If you believe all discussion doesn't help then state your reasons instead of just trying to fit it to your liking so you can defend your non-participation in discussion.
I assume nothing. I base the fact that I think he's protown on no assumptions, but on logic.

TA stands for Team Asshat, a group that takes delight in taking a game and doing whatever the hell they like regardless of who it effects. They have a page in the wiki. You should look at it.

Frankly, if y'all can't be bothered to even read the other times this exact same case has been made against me (and I assure you, it has), then I see no reason to defend myself further.

Oh, and for the scum that may or may not be pressing me- my role is probably the coolest one I've seen in a long time. However, it has an unexpected upside- if I die, it does hurt town, but it hurts scum almost as much. It's one of those everyone loses scenarios (looses the scenario, not the game or anything). You aren't getting a lick more out of me until my neck is more on the line than this, but scum keep that in mind.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Secondly for me, today, I think that the lynch should be either porkens or gorrad, both who have fairly solid cases built against them by multiple different people. This isnt saying we still shouldnt be watching Fleur for any more slippups, but the other two are higher in my scum books

Without any faces,
give me both cases.

Why does multiple parties,
make them a smarty?
Show

Proud member of BaM
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

SpyreX wrote:
Why? Why do you think he's entitled to just hop on the fleur bandwagon like that, while he's never posted seriously before? Just because you are that convinced fleur is scum? What if she isn't? You are just assuming that she's scum.

Also, I'm going to throw out something hypothetical here. Assume fleur-scum and porkens-scum. Do you think that it would have been unlikely for prokens-scum to have voted fleur-scum? I actually don't think so.
So we can disregard fleur's alignment in this, Porkens simply did something scummy.
You're pulling a trick,
from his post six.

Switching the names,
exactly the same.

Its not realistic,
to yell "opportunistic"

When you consider,
what she had for dinner.

Post 105,
WILL NEVER JIVE.

So someone voting,
is never doting.
So basically you think that because you found one post of fleur's scummy, he was entitled to vote her in that opportunistic way. How does this make Porkens' any less suspicious?
Fleur has to find someone. Don't you find it a bit unlikely that a mafia-aligned player would have to find his buddy?
Your thoughts are muddy,
why assume its her buddy?

You give me the roll eyes,
when she could have easily lied.

Or that finding is good,
Why believe that it would.

You've got some gumption,
with your assumptions.
I am not assuming anything. I find it more likely that a pro-town character has to find someone than an anti-town. I just think that it's better to wait to lynch fleur until we have more information, especially since we have two people that are more suspicious, namely Porkens and Gorrad.
The only opinion that is known is about fleur. When I asked you about porkens, you managed to give an answer that's
simply untrue
, and with all my other attempts to get you to talk about someone or something not called 'fleur' amount in you evading the question and redirecting it back to fleur.
The case is weak,
I do not seek.

Since I dont agree,
You give the third degree?

The others aren't playing,
so what am I saying?

It should be no riddle,
my stance is the middle.
You said 'the case is weak'. Care to explain why it is weak, because you haven't reacted to the case itself at all. What do you mean 'the others aren't playing'.
You know very well where my suspicions lie.
Mostly on porkens
. And the more I am conversing with you, the more I have the feeling that you are using your PR to avoid my questions.
I know it's a bit hard for you to post a lot of information like that, but I must say that you've done pretty well so far, you've been really creative. If you are really the vig,
then I think it'd be good for you to stray away a bit from your tunnel vision on fleur.
From where I sit,
I see a hypocrite.
Nope. I think you can see from miles away that your tunnel vision on fleur is way worse than my focus on Porkens. I am open minded about the Gorrad case, and as you saw from my first post I was open minded about fleur as well, I just think that we shouldn't lynch her yet.
and with all my other attempts to get you to talk about
someone or something
not called 'fleur' amount in you evading the question and redirecting it back to fleur.
Your attempts have no torque,
they're only on pork.

Your heuristic,
is opportunistic.

I've seen lying,
to avoid dying.

Threaten the town,
turn upside down.

Saying give silence,
to avoid violence?

Saying I have desperation,
to avoid my accusations.

Its like a look,
in the scum book.

No reason alive,
after 105.

Every post confirms,
that she is a worm.
And you did it again. Yes, I am trying to get you to talk about Porkens and react to his case, but you won't even do that.

FoS Spyrex
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

As for recent developments...

I don't like Porkens' pointless vote on dahill. It's just useless and... pointless. An attempt to redirect attention?

And I never liked meta defenses Gorrad, especially since nobody really attacked your playstyle and it's a good way to avoid real attacks.
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Biohazard »

Gorrad wrote:
Biohazard wrote:I don't understand your first post. Finding a person to be pro-town is far from assuming them to town? I'd think that if a person finds a player pro-town then they could assume the player to be town because if all the players found people to be pro-town but had doubts of assuming them town then it would affect the way to scumhunt because they can't lock on in any people if everybody they see isn't town but acts protown. Also wheter I think all discussion helps, yes I do. I'm not sure what TA is but I think at the moment it's irrelivant to the current game at hand. If you believe all discussion doesn't help then state your reasons instead of just trying to fit it to your liking so you can defend your non-participation in discussion.
I assume nothing. I base the fact that I think he's protown on no assumptions, but on logic.

TA stands for Team Asshat, a group that takes delight in taking a game and doing whatever the hell they like regardless of who it effects. They have a page in the wiki. You should look at it.

Frankly, if y'all can't be bothered to even read the other times this exact same case has been made against me (and I assure you, it has), then I see no reason to defend myself further.

Oh, and for the scum that may or may not be pressing me- my role is probably the coolest one I've seen in a long time. However, it has an unexpected upside- if I die, it does hurt town, but it hurts scum almost as much. It's one of those everyone loses scenarios (looses the scenario, not the game or anything). You aren't getting a lick more out of me until my neck is more on the line than this, but scum keep that in mind.
*Checks wiki* Still don't see how it's relevant to this game. The "group" of people in TA are only certian people who are not in this game so basically you state that they "do whatever they want in discussion" have no correlation in this game at all and that reasoning really doesn't back up your statement about how discussion doesn't always help. Also I don't like your meta defense here. "The case has been made on me numerous of times so really I can't do anything to defend myself" In some cases this would be exceptional reason because if a case on playstyle is exerted numerous times over a span of games then the player can't really do anything to prove otherwise but use a metadefense. However your course of actions over the game differ from any others so I can't assume "He's using the same playstyle over and over so he should be town" I look at the actions of players not how they play the game because if everybody was just going to bring in a metadefense when someone attacks them on certian actions then they can just do the same thing everygame and prove that their playstyle and suspicion is off them.

Also what with the role description? Is this another "Don't lynch me it hurts town" with a "and it hurts scum" twist? I see a person trying to throw votes of himself with a gambit.
Hazardous Chemicals Likely
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:28 am

Post by SpyreX »

So basically you think that because you found one post of fleur's scummy, he was entitled to vote her in that opportunistic way. How does this make Porkens' any less suspicious?
Jumping on scummy,
doesn't make me feel funny.

Its not opportune,
when she deserves the doom.

The same with on Gorrad,
as locked up as Norad.

When actions deserve,
worrying is absurd.
I am not assuming anything.
I find it more likely that a pro-town character has to find someone than an anti-town.
I just think that it's better to wait to lynch fleur until we have more information, especially since we have two people that are more suspicious, namely Porkens and Gorrad.
The first and second,
dont line up I reckon.
You said 'the case is weak'. Care to explain why it is weak, because you haven't reacted to the case itself at all. What do you mean 'the others aren't playing'.
Everything I've said,
should get in your head.

I have reacted,
just not contracted.

Voting for something scummy isn't dull,
I find it null.

As for others not playing,
just read what I'm saying.

At time of the boast,
There was no one to toast.
Nope. I think you can see from miles away that your tunnel vision on fleur is way worse than my focus on Porkens. I am open minded about the Gorrad case, and as you saw from my first post I was open minded about fleur as well, I just think that we shouldn't lynch her yet.
Gorrad is iffy,
Porkens is spiffy.

Kloud isn't dumb,
neither is Plum.

Still no one loose,
why Fleur has no noose.
And you did it again. Yes, I am trying to get you to talk about Porkens and react to his case, but you won't even do that.
You fill me with bile,
are you trying to rile?

I've explained my opinion,
I'm just not your minion.

Gorrad for sure,
but not above fleur.

The porkens "case",
I find a disgrace.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Gorrad »

SpyreX wrote:
I find it more likely that a pro-town character has to find someone than an anti-town.
I just think that it's better to wait to lynch fleur until we have more information, especially since we have two people that are more suspicious, namely Porkens and Gorrad.
The first and second,
dont line up I reckon.
I disagree, but let's put that aside for a moment. Say you're right- how would that make me any more likely to be scum? That goes for everyone who agrees with him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

My problems portend,
to meta defend.

The case on you,
wasn't something I'd do.

But your reaction,
put me in traction.

Yet it doesn't deter
from the case on fleur.
Show

Proud member of BaM
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Gorrad wrote:Oh, and for the scum that may or may not be pressing me- my role is probably the coolest one I've seen in a long time. However, it has an unexpected upside- if I die, it does hurt town, but it hurts scum almost as much. It's one of those everyone loses scenarios (looses the scenario, not the game or anything).
this is sounding to me a lot like Fleur's "I am valuable to scum and to town" post she did.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by dahill1 »

wolframnhart wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Oh, and for the scum that may or may not be pressing me- my role is probably the coolest one I've seen in a long time. However, it has an unexpected upside- if I die, it does hurt town, but it hurts scum almost as much. It's one of those everyone loses scenarios (looses the scenario, not the game or anything).
this is sounding to me a lot like Fleur's "I am valuable to scum and to town" post she did.
same thought popped into my mind
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Plum »

Gorrad wrote:
SpyreX wrote:
The first and second,
dont line up I reckon.
I disagree, but let's put that aside for a moment. Say you're right- how would that make me any more likely to be scum? That goes for everyone who agrees with him.
Um. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought SpyreX was just putting that in his basic response to Sirdanilot; pointing out what he felt a flaw in the logic, nothing against you. I'm also not sure how much of a contradiction there is there. But it seems you're quoting a post about Fleur's claim which Sirdanilot and SpyreX are arguing about which has nothing directly to do with your case and telling us that whether or not it's contradictory it doesn't make you more likely to be scum. Fine, I don't think it does, but I think the way you threw it in there was less than sensical and confusing. Gorrad, what was this about???

Also:
Gorrad wrote:Oh, and for the scum that may or may not be pressing me- my role is probably the coolest one I've seen in a long time. However, it has an unexpected upside- if I die, it does hurt town, but it hurts scum almost as much. It's one of those everyone loses scenarios (looses the scenario, not the game or anything). You aren't getting a lick more out of me until my neck is more on the line than this, but scum keep that in mind.
Deja vu, or did we
just
have an argument about this with Fleur's claim(s)? Sorry if you think I'm parroting here; have been typing this post up and previewed, saw the other posts came in. It still was my reaction when I read this post.

Again, my major problem regarding Gorrad was the whole newb-card business, as I detailed earlier; if anyone wants it repeated or elaborated a bit I'm sure I could do something to rectify that. Then lack of contribution, which was followed by your defense that it's your meta. Great, but that doesn't make you town automatically, I still don't really like it, and it's not the cornerstone of my case against you. You're also, as I said above, being confusing and have softclaimed a powerrole that hurts both town and scum if it dies.
Ok, so first of all Fleur, you arn't helping yourself out at all. When asked to refute a case against yourself, do it. And do it legitmately.
QFT. Fleur, please do so. You haven't really answered the questions or refuted the scum-tells SpyreX noted in his case against you.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It is perplexing
and that makes it vexing.

When balanced on scale,
fluer is still the whale

Compared to Gorrads horse,
which is still bad o'course.
Show

Proud member of BaM
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I am in agreement SpyreX, which is why i did not vote gorrad for it. In all honesty i still can't shake the Fleur is scum feeling but that post by Gorrad didn't really help him in my opinion.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Unlike Fleur, I know what I'm talking about.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Gorrad wrote:Unlike Fleur, I know what I'm talking about.
How does this make you less likely to be scum? As a matter of fact, it makes you more likely to be scum, since scum know what they're talking about!

Anyway, a quick summary.

Gorrad: First, the newbie card vs. 'fleur is newbie town'. Second, the meta defense. Third, the softclaim followed by this statement. Fourth, active lurking.

Porkens: First he was joking around, until he saw a fleur bandwagon growing and decided to hop onto it without any reason. Secondly, he immediately hopped off after fleur claimed, later said that he somehow 'knew' that fleur had to find someone and also assumed it was a pro-town role. Thirdly, he fulfilled spyrex' role without consulting the town and fourthly he pointlessly voted dahill 'to see his reactions'.

Town, if I'm forgetting anything, feel free to add it to these two quick summaries. I think discussion is very important, but it's also important to put it in a summary once in a while so we don't lose the big picture.

I understand both of these cases. When I first saw Gorrad's post that I'm quoting right now, I was about to vote him, but to make sure I didn't lose the big picture, I decided to reconstruct and summarize the case on both players first, and I changed my mind and decided not to change my vote yet. Both are very scummy though, and if it were any useful at all I would even speculate about a Gorrad-Porkens scum pair.

@Spyrex - What do you think about the Porkens case that I summarized? Because you only reacted to the first point of it.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Gorrad »

You still call me active lurking? You got my attention, I dare say I've been quite active.
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Biohazard »

Gorrad wrote:You still call me active lurking? You got my attention, I dare say I've been quite active.
Gorrad. What's your thoughts on other players?
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Biohazard »

Also Gorrad mind elaborating on this?
Biohazard wrote:
*Checks wiki* Still don't see how it's relevant to this game. The "group" of people in TA are only certian people who are not in this game so basically you state that they "do whatever they want in discussion" have no correlation in this game at all and that reasoning really doesn't back up your statement about how discussion doesn't always help
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:44 am

Post by dahill1 »

porkens, your answers to the questions i asked you?
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 am

Post by fleurdelys »

SpyreX wrote:
i can only say that you should save me. i don't know if i can reveal my role, i don't think i can.; however, it is
highly important
for the townies but important for scums as well. this is why you should give me a chance
Someone said: "persuade us" so it was me trying to persuade you to give me a chance. And so, as a person having a mission to find other person (i have no idea if i'm looking for a scum or a townie, i'm looking for someone who lost slippers), I think it is important role for townies, becuase my role is pro-town, and for scum, cause i am a good target because i'm a prince working during nights and being pro town.
i am important for scum
, because i am an important player in the game-as i said, what if they kill me and this means they win the whole game? even if not, as a member of town i would hate being killed as an important member-for town's sake
that's why i felt uncomfortable with revealing my character earlier, and asked for the doctor to take care of me during ni
Yes, I said "what if" so i did not say if they kill me, the town fails. i think every person who reveals if they pro town are automaticaly afraid of mafia, an a person who reveals his mission as well is even more afraid. i think my role is important in the game, for i am looking for other person, and i get a bonus for completing it. and as i said, it is a pro town role so probably i get a pro town bonus
I don't think he does put words in my mouth, quite a few times i said
that i never claimed that my role is that important,
i said i was only asking you what if-look at my posts just before claiming and after claiming my role
Yes, i dont know what to explained here. Spyrex even quoted the fragment in which i say "what if my role is THAT important" but i never claimed it is extremey important. but i thin it is important, for each townie is important

I'd like to see you try,
to say thats no lie.

Under some attack,
you pedaled back.

The "what if" was said twice,
Town take my advice

This one is a cinch,
and deserves this lynch.
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:01 am

Post by fleurdelys »

i am so sorry, i have no idea about writing posts with quotations
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:43 am

Post by wolframnhart »

what exactly are you trying to get across Fleur? If i read those right and those quotes within the quote are yours, I am in agreement with SpyreX's case against you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”