Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alright, with 6 alive, half of us are scum. Now, if you're town, it cuts it down to 5 suspects, with 2/5 being town with you. I think EL/K7 is likely scum, Ice mafia if so. Cutting it down to four.

mayhem, armlx, fl, and sekinj.

I think either armlx or fl is scum. Leaning towards armlx, but I could easily see armlx being mafia trying to get a mislynch after fl's comment that can be viewed as scummy. I think sek is more likely to be scum than mayhem.

I think the Fire Mafia is sekinj and fl/armlx
I think the Ice Mafia is Snix/killa 7.

Leaving me and m4yhem as town. m4yhem is only there because I have no clue. He could be just as likely to be scum as the other 3. So I don't know. Obviously, I am not confirmed for you guys, but the other two town can come to their own conclusions. Actually, I don't think m4yhem is town. He just didn't fit with the others as much. I'll have to read more.

armlx is right that we need to lynch Fire Mafia, so EL can be saved for tomorrow, even thought I am pretty sure he is scum.

I don't think fl voting EL is scummy. I wasn't aware of that either- ITA about the inattentive thing. If he keep EL though, he might accidently NK some Fire Mafia though.

I am not going to vote until I am absolutely sure in my vote. It's kind of dangerous, with half the people being scum. If FL is town, then it's stupid for him to lay down the first vote, assuming sek isn't scum either (or at least not Ice Mafia), because the Fire could easily jump on it. That's assuming both fl and sek are town, which I don't think.

This is really difficult.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I am not going to vote until I am absolutely sure in my vote. It's kind of dangerous, with half the people being scum. If FL is town, then it's stupid for him to lay down the first vote, assuming sek isn't scum either (or at least not Ice Mafia), because the Fire could easily jump on it. That's assuming both fl and sek are town, which I don't think.
It may be hasty, but I'm very certain about sek. She bought herself a day by pointing us at snix. I'm grateful for the help, but now it's time to douse her fire.

Also...I
AM
A
GIRL!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Haha..I knew that. I swear.

The last post was me basically thinking out loud.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Here's my take.

EL is ice scum.

It's either you or armlx and sekinj as the fire scum.

The trick is determining which. I'm leaning armlx because of his insistence on that other pair. It may be right, but it's also a good distraction from fire mafia.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 am

Post by armlx »

I'm leaning armlx because of his insistence on that other pair. It may be right, but it's also a good distraction from fire mafia.
Elaborate plz.

And OP, its 4 to lynch. 1 vote + 2 Fire Votes would equal 3.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:34 am

Post by sekinj »

I think OP is the other Fire Mafia. He has been pushing almost solely the EL lynch for the entire time he has been in the game. I think maybe he
knows
EL is the other Ice and wants to be sure to get him lynched during the day... Maybe EL was fire's target on the failed night 1 kill....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Elaborate plz.
"SNIX AND EL ARE HORRIBLY CONNECTED" etc.

The focus was PURELY on another mafia rather than all the mafias. You wanted both their lynches, essentially, without a worry for the others. Today I come out the gate ready to kill EL because I wasn't paying attention to the situation. GREAT chance for you to look townie while making me look bad and lining up that last mislynch you were talking about. Odds are, if you thought you could get away with it, you'd be pushing EL too.
-StrangerCoug

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:04 am

Post by orangepenguin »

sekinj wrote:I think
OP is the other Fire Mafia.
He has been pushing almost solely the EL lynch for the entire time he has been in the game. I think maybe he
knows
EL is the other Ice and wants to be sure to get him lynched during the day... Maybe EL was fire's target on the failed night 1 kill....
How does that even make sense? I have been pushing the EL lynch? My vote isn't even on EL. Do I think he is scum? Yes. Does it make sense to vote him today? No, it doesn't. I'm not pushing the EL lynch no more than armlx or fl is. I
think
he [EL] is Ice Mafia. That makes the most sense, since Snix flipped ice.

As for the bolded part, who is the first Fire Mafia? We don't know any of them, so how can you say I am "the other one" when we don't know any of them. I think that was a slip on your part.

I think it's likely (if not moreso) that you're the other Fire Mafia.

Vote: sekinj

I'll try to present a case on you, to be completely fair. I'll do it later, when I have time, k?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:06 am

Post by orangepenguin »

armlx wrote:
I'm leaning armlx because of his insistence on that other pair. It may be right, but it's also a good distraction from fire mafia.
Elaborate plz.

And OP, its 4 to lynch. 1 vote + 2 Fire Votes would equal 3.
Yeah, but I added the Ice Votes as well, making it 1 vote + 3 scum, meaning 4. :oops:
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:11 am

Post by armlx »

For the purposes of today and tonight, the remaining Ice Mafia is "town". Their goal is to lynch "scum" (Fire Mafia) and make tomorrow 3-1-1, giving themself an out.
The focus was PURELY on another mafia rather than all the mafias.
The focus was on 2 obv scum..... I don't see what you would be expecting different between townie and mafia in that scenario.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The focus was on 2 obv scum..... I don't see what you would be expecting different between townie and mafia in that scenario.
I'd expect a lot more effort to also try to find the other scum so we didn't end up in this situation.

But, honestly, I might have just been expelling OMGUS feelings at you. Right now, I'm pretty sure of sekinj. What I'm not sure of is who her partner is, to be honest. For all I know, it could be mayhem. I lean against it being OP actually, but that could change depending on how this lynch goes. I know it's not me, lol. and of course, EL/K7 are the other ice mafiate.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:01 am

Post by armlx »

I'd expect a lot more effort to also try to find the other scum so we didn't end up in this situation.
I'm pretty sure we were in this situation regardless yesterday if last night went down how it did. We had to hope for at least 1 of the kills to fail.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm pretty sure we were in this situation regardless yesterday if last night went down how it did. We had to hope for at least 1 of the kills to fail.
Hmm...you raise good points. I think basically I was using any justification to attack you because I disliked how you automatically assumed I was fire maf due to a mistake in calculation. So, I got pissed and tried to attack you. Happens sometimes. I still think sekinj needs to die.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by armlx »

Uhhhh....

Vote stands.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Uhhhh....

Vote stands.
Figured. Though, if you ARE townie it will likely matter in taking down a fire mafia, which you would not accomplish by attempting to vote me.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by armlx »

Though, if you ARE townie it will likely matter in taking down a fire mafia, which you would not accomplish by attempting to vote me.
:roll:

Already with the appeal to emotion.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Already with the appeal to emotion.
Ever noticed that I've used that regardless of alignment, and probably more often as town? It's one of the weakest justifications to attack me. It's actually a weak justification altogether. I'm being honest here about my reasons for attempting to attack you. I think it's better in the long run to be direct with the truth rather than lie about things. I've been known to engage in OMGUS as town. I usually try to rectify it as soon as I'm realizing I'm doing it. Given the reasons I brought up were incredibly weak and shot down with ease, I'm basically pretty sure that I screwed up.
-StrangerCoug

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah, I am pretty sure all types of of players, regardless of alignment, appeal to emotion. It is a scum tell though, and armlx is using that on top of everything else. It's a weak justification, yes, I agree with you, but it is a justification, all the same.

I am still happy with my vote on sekinj.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:53 am

Post by sekinj »

@FL - you said you usually correct your OMGUS votes when you realize you are doing it... Well... I just thought I'd point out that you are attacking me mainly because you hated my case against you.... *hint hint*
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

@FL - you said you usually correct your OMGUS votes when you realize you are doing it... Well... I just thought I'd point out that you are attacking me mainly because you hated my case against you.... *hint hint*
Except that your case was also crap and it was scummy to put it forth as if it were actually a good case. Among OTHER things you and your predecessor have done. I'm not OMGUSing you.
-StrangerCoug

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:46 am

Post by sekinj »

@FL -

1. I told you you were 4th on my LoS. I wasn't hiding that. You then asking for why I thought you were suspicious. I gave you that. Of course the case isn't nearly as good as THE OTHER THREE AHEAD OF YOU. that it why you were fourth.... understand??

2. Please name and show all these other things my predessesor did.

If you don't understand #1, and can't bring anything up for #2, then Yes, it is OMGUS.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:19 am

Post by armlx »

So....

Aren't there more people who should be posting?
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Hah, holy crap, I haven't even been on this site in ~a month and I'm still in this game?

Nah, I'm townie.

Looking for Replacement
, education season has brought too many IRL problems to deal with to be playing Mafia. I don't know how I haven't been replaced, I was hit with a lurker stick ~20 days ago that I just read now.

Have fun guys.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

You were already replaced by killa seven. I doubt you would lie though, since you seem to be leaving for now. Interesting.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP: Oh dear, it appears I've made a massive error by missing a replacement. >.<

I assume full accountability for this error and all penalties associated with it. My sincerest apologies, I had suspected after I posted that I may have overlooked something -- but judged solely by post 625.

I look forward to returning to this forum upon the end of my educational season and hope this error will not reflect negatively upon me or my play style in the future.

Until then,
Eldritch Lord
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”