Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Darox »

Let me connect the dots for you.

Nat claimed he is a shadow killer, and wins when all Shadows die, regardless of his mortal state.

Hp claimed the same thing, except for Vorlons, and wins when all the etc etc etc.

If both of these are true, that means it would be physically impossible for the town (Army of Light) to achieve it's win condition of killing both Vorlons and Shadows because as soon as one group died one of hp or nat would win.

I don't think Tar would give the town a physically impossible win condition.
As such, I think hp and nat are lying and that they either need to do more than simply kill their respective groups or they need to be alive when their respect groups get finished off.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Natirasha »

No, we also have to kill all survivors, too. So if you avoid killing the survivors...
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

armlx wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Giant emphasis is that Tar is acknowledging that there are survivor roles in the game. Truth be told, I think I'd rather kill Nat the more I think about it...
I'd assume that the Survivor roles' win condition is something along the lines of "Be alive when the game ends" which doesn't end the game by itself.
Unless the role explicitly says otherwise. All survivor roles explicitly say they must survive to win. Thus...
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Darox wrote:Let me connect the dots for you.

Nat claimed he is a shadow killer, and wins when all Shadows die, regardless of his mortal state.

Hp claimed the same thing, except for Vorlons, and wins when all the etc etc etc.

If both of these are true, that means it would be physically impossible for the town (Army of Light) to achieve it's win condition of killing both Vorlons and Shadows because as soon as one group died one of hp or nat would win.

I don't think Tar would give the town a physically impossible win condition.
As such, I think hp and nat are lying and that they either need to do more than simply kill their respective groups or they need to be alive when their respect groups get finished off.
Exactly why I think there might be more survivors than we originally realized...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by armlx »

No, we also have to kill all survivors, too. So if you avoid killing the survivors...
Then scum claim survivor?
This, but I think the later.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

armlx wrote:
Then scum claim survivor?
This, but I think the later.
If I'm reading armlx correctly, then I agree. We have no choice, but anyone who claims survivor has to be lynched. We can't afford to allow the scum a safe claim.

I'm not so sure about Nat and hp's WCs. I think its more likely that there are 3 survivors. Yes, three sounds right. A third scum group consisting of only survivors.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not so sure about Nat and hp's WCs. I think its more likely that there are 3 survivors. Yes, three sounds right. A third scum group consisting of only survivors.
Survivor scum? That sounds like an utterly horrible role. I mean, that's like survivor lovers almost.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Kinetic »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Survivor scum? That sounds like an utterly horrible role. I mean, that's like survivor lovers almost.
Not exactly survivor scum. And I don't mean to say they're a 'group' in the sense they're working together. What I mean is that I believe that there are three survivors.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Kinetic »

So, for those watching at home, that would mean 10 AOL, 2 OddBalls (Nat/hp), 3 survivors, 3 shadow, 3 vorlon
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Not exactly survivor scum. And I don't mean to say they're a 'group' in the sense they're working together. What I mean is that I believe that there are three survivors.
Alright then. What makes them different from each other?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Kinetic »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Alright then. What makes them different from each other?
I don't know. I'm just speculating at this point. What makes you think they're different?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't know. I'm just speculating at this point. What makes you think they're different?
Three regular survivors...in a Tar game? Yeah right. Survivor in MS one had that cool power that screwed up vots. Survivor/Serial Killer in MS two had the ability to kill by abilities. Even if this isn't MS, I doubt that Tar would EVER make a vanilla survivor. And I doubt he'd use two of the same type unless maybe they were mason survivors (which would be a cool role, lol)
-StrangerCoug

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by malthusis »

Quote:

Three regular survivors...in a Tar game? Yeah right. Survivor in MS one had that cool power that screwed up vots. Survivor/Serial Killer in MS two had the ability to kill by abilities. Even if this isn't MS, I doubt that Tar would EVER make a vanilla survivor. And I doubt he'd use two of the same type unless maybe they were mason survivors (which would be a cool role, lol)
I highly doubt it. I personally think they're two scum from the same scumgroup fakeclaiming opposite survivors so they can distance each other. Even if i'm wrong (and I don't) everyone agrees that they aren't town anyways. The question is which one of them should we lynch first?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Interesting. I suppose that possibility exists. But I think its a little too much to speculate on the survivor abilities. I personally can't begin to guess that. What I figure though is that three survivors sounds about right. Who knows, maybe they have a "linked" survivor ability where if one survives they all win. Would make sense given what we know of other factions in the game.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

malthusis wrote:
Quote:

I highly doubt it. I personally think they're two scum from the same scumgroup fakeclaiming opposite survivors so they can distance each other. Even if i'm wrong (and I don't) everyone agrees that they aren't town anyways. The question is which one of them should we lynch first?
I think its a given we're going to lynch one of them today. I'm leaning toward hp, but I keep finding reasons to suspect Nat. Nat seems the more likely to be a survivor of the two, while hp seems the more likely to be scum.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Where the hell did dybeck go?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"The humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it. They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself. Never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage…their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope, that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end. They did this for two years. They never ran out of courage. But in the end…they ran out of time." - Londo Mollari

cr3t1n has 48 hours to post or he will be replaced. - Tar

The Twenty-First Vote Count (aka the "Chrysalis" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

VisMaior (0)
Empking (0)
malthusis (1) - cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer)
Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon) (0)
Knight of Cydonia (rep. Cybele) (3) - MafiaSSK, pacman281292, dybeck (rep. soaperguy29)
MafiaSSK (1) - Mana_Ku
armlx (0)
Darox (rep. seraphim) (0)
forbiddanlight (0)
populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
Natirasha (4) - RandomGem, farside22 (rep. Tovarish), veerus, malthusis
veerus (0)
The Internet (0)
DrippingGoofball (0)
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer) (0)
pacman281292 (0)
RandomGem (0)
hp [leaves] (5) - armlx, Natirasha, Darox, (rep. seraphim), Empking, forbiddanlight
dybeck (rep. soaperguy29) (2) - Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon)
farside22 (rep. Tovarish) (0)

Not Voting (4): VisMaior, Knight of Cydonia (rep. Cybele), populartajo, TheInternet, hp [leaves]

Votes required to lynch: 12

FoS Count:

VisMaior (1) - farside22
Empking (1) - veerus
malthusis (1) - armlx
Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon) (1) - The Internet
Knight of Cydonia (rep. Cybele) (3) - Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon), Natirasha, veerus
MafiaSSK (1) - malthusis
armlx (1) - VisMaior
Darox (rep. seraphim) (1) - hp [leaves]
forbiddanlight (3) - Empking, Kinetic, veerus
populartajo
Mana_Ku
Natirasha
veerus (1) - Empking
The Internet (1) - Kinetic
DrippingGoofball
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer) (1) - malthusis
pacman281292 (1) - Kinetic
RandomGem (1) - pacman281292
hp [leaves] (1) - Kinetic
soaperguy21
Tovarish
people pushing this idea (1) - malthusis
Tarhalindur (1) - Kinetic
Mastermind of Sin (1) - Kinetic
Glork (1) - Kinetic
Lucky Charms (The Cereal) (2) - Kinetic, RandomGem

Current and Final Deadline:
October 31, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Kinetic: Start the raceclaim. If we wait much longer, we'll be deadlined.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Lol. I'mma be accidently posting on alts.

Yeah, that's Nati.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Nat, you're the only one who wants me to go first, to everyone else its KoC or dybeck, and its SCUMMIEST person goes first. I don't even have any votes on me anymore...
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Kinetic wrote:Nat, you're the only one who wants me to go first, to everyone else its KoC or dybeck, and its SCUMMIEST person goes first. I don't even have any votes on me anymore...
Yes, but I thought you were claiming.

And KoC/dybeck are avoiding posting for a reason.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Natirasha wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Nat, you're the only one who wants me to go first, to everyone else its KoC or dybeck, and its SCUMMIEST person goes first. I don't even have any votes on me anymore...
Yes, but I thought you were claiming.

And KoC/dybeck are avoiding posting for a reason.
o.O? According to the current vote, I'm not the first to race claim, not to mention that the current vote also doesn't require a full claim from me. Plus, I wouldn't give it even if it did until after the RC finished.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Additionally, since you are so hellbent on lynching hp and I, KoC and dybeck can just avoid joining the claim while you sit here lynching us, while they be blatantly anti-town and avoid death.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:23 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Kinetic wrote:I think its a given we're going to lynch one of them today. I'm leaning toward hp, but I keep finding reasons to suspect Nat. Nat seems the more likely to be a survivor of the two, while hp seems the more likely to be scum.
I advise that you lynch Nat. In the night I'm likely to be killed by Vorlons; however Nat is today untargettable and you'll have to waste another day to lynch him.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:57 am

Post by pacman281292 »

hmm... I really don't like how this is going.
5 days to deadline; SERIOUSLY. DO WE HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RACECLAIM NOW?
hmm... I insist: if it's down to raceclaim, I want to raceclaim first, still when I think this is completely useless and dangerous for us.
(I mean, mass raceclaim)
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”