SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:59 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Wonderful. That's wonderful.

This leaves us at a really tricky point. If we put one vote wrong, the remaining mafia can throw the other vote on, and win. So we don't want to vote unless we're 100% sure they are scum.

My investigation was useless, as it was on Nanook, which is quite irrelevant now.

I am not sure... I am leaning towards massive, based on his behaviour in the past. Ironic, as he was the first one I investigated and I've defended him... but I think it's fairly certain we're stuck with a godfather with investigative protection.

There is the fact that I got chemicals and stuff, though... he'd have to be something like a chemical poisoner. Or, he can choose what he looks like to investigations. Whereas Thoth - as far as I can remember, there's only Nanook's result (which is sorta useless) and his proven inability to lynch. It wouldn't make sense for that to be on a godfather... but it's possible.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:03 pm

This leaves us at a really tricky point. If we put one vote wrong, the remaining mafia can throw the other vote on, and win. So we don't want to vote unless we're 100% sure they are scum.

My investigation was useless, as it was on Nanook, which is quite irrelevant now.

I am not sure... I am leaning towards massive, based on his behaviour in the past. Ironic, as he was the first one I investigated and I've defended him... but I think it's fairly certain we're stuck with a godfather with investigative protection.

There is the fact that I got chemicals and stuff, though... he'd have to be something like a chemical poisoner. Or, he can choose what he looks like to investigations. Whereas Thoth - as far as I can remember, there's only Nanook's result (which is sorta useless) and his proven inability to lynch. It wouldn't make sense for that to be on a godfather... but it's possible.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:04 pm

SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:13 pm

SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:14 pm

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:10 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

sorry just have to get a dead post in saying Boo! and DOH!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:09 pm

Post by Thoth »

Wow, a pentuple post or whatever it's called :mrgreen: .

The people that looked most innocent to me because of the semi-confirmed roleclaims are all dead now. Making it a really tough endgame. I'll try to read through the thread today, mainly looking at SO/massive posts and the bandwagons that we've had on the other mafia members.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:03 am

Post by Thoth »

Ok, managed to go through most of the thread again. (Noticed that this game already lasts more than half a year).

There are a lot of things I noticed that point to one or the other. I'll just try to write them down here. I mostly ignored night results as it seems pretty certain that we have a GF left, so basically all night results are moot:

The ID lynch: SO was on the ID wagon and could have prevented his deadline lynch by jumping of before the deadline. Massive never was on it. Not only that, but he never even gave his opinion on it eventhough there were enough votes for a lynch and he posted close to the deadline.

In post 382 SO doubted Herbert West's claim which looked strange to me as it was about the one role we were sure to have in the game.

In post 513 SO attacked both of the roles that had a provable ability. I found that quite odd, but then massive joined him in post 515. Then massive kept insisting on lynching one of the 2 eventhough I still could not see a lot of reason for that (main reason upto then was that we were the last 2 to claim) and SO considered the possibility of waiting another night to let vikingfan prove himself. He counteracted that later on by casting the lynching vote on vikingfan.

One thing I saw that we skipped sofar in the discussion is that otaku blocked massive on a night in which massive claimed to have gotten a result. Otaku thought it was possibly caused by the mod-change, but I would assume that Dirge received all from Yoko (especially as they know each other IRL). Of course it's possible that something went wrong during the mod-change I cannot dismiss the possibility that something didn't.

Sofar I'm leaning towards massive, mainly because of the ID wagon and the roleblock. I'm not completely convinced yet though so I'd like to discuss this some more.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Post by massive »

At this point I'm waiting to see if I have any overnight results, but I doubt it. And in that case, the only person I can vote is Thoth. I can't imagine a godfather with investigative powers, and SO came out with info about my role before I revealed it.

One thing I would like to point out quickly (I have limited time this morning but will hit it hard this evening) is that I do NOT have a nighttime ability. Was proven in a number of situations. Therefore it makes sense that if someone would night-block me, that it wouldn't work.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:18 am

Post by Dirge »

I'm about to impose a deadline!
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:47 am

Post by massive »

Well, I've gone back and looked and remembered that my house was burglarized on night one, and it impacted my work. So either SO is the godfather and went out night one himself and broke into my house (highly unlikely), or Thoth is the godfather and just can't actually do the lynching.

SO, the problem here is this: If Thoth can't lynch either of us, exactly how are either of us supposed to win if the other is scum?

The only option that I can honestly say makes sense to me is:
vote Thoth

... and let's hope this all works out to actually make sense.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:55 am

Post by Thoth »

I have to agree with massive that it's highly unlikely that SO is scum. The argument he gave in his post is a good one. Added to this that I was already leaning to massive (and the fact that if SO is scum he can just cast the winning vote now) I'll have to
vote:massive
massive wrote: SO, the problem here is this: If Thoth can't lynch either of us, exactly how are either of us supposed to win if the other is scum?
Did you not read my posts or are you intentionally trying to mislead? I cannot cast the lynching vote. I can cast any other vote and have it count. so as long as I vote first we can still lynch.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:48 am

Post by Dirge »

Vote Count:

Thoth
(1) Massive
Massive
(1) Thoth
Not voting: SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:56 pm

Geez, way to put the pressure on me. :P

I shall carefully reread the thread again, looking at you two, and make my decision from there.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:08 pm

Post by massive »

OK, now *I'M* starting to worry. This should have been an open-and-shut case seeing as how SO got results on me that proved I was who I claimed I was. Why wouldn't he haved voted? I mean, obviously he's not scum or he would have just ended the game right there. But what's to read?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:23 pm

Post by Thoth »

And it's of course completely unthinkable that investigations on a GF show things the GF wants them to be seen. :roll:
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:30 pm

Post by Thoth »

Hmm, clicked submit before I was finished. It certainly looks to me that investigation results are not the way to go by in a GF situation. Do you have any in-thread reasons why you would not be the GF massive? As I mentioned before there are several good reasons why massive would be scum, the main one for me the way he completely ignored the ID-wagon. Not only not joining it, but not even mentioning it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:06 am

Post by massive »

That's certainly possible. Were I the godfather, in fact, I'd expect to have any investigation against me fail. What I would not expect is that I would be given the ability to match the erratic results some investigator would get (chemicals and a crime-processing lab) with the proper role claim. Which I did, in thread, before SO's results were revealed.

If SO needs me to go through the thread and pick out my actions vs. your actions, I'll be happy to do that, but you've already made up your mind and you know you have no chance to convince me to change over to SO. So what's the point? If he has any questions about any "questionable" actions I've taken, I'll be happy to answer them.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:03 am

Post by Thoth »

massive wrote: That's certainly possible. Were I the godfather, in fact, I'd expect to have any investigation against me fail. What I would not expect is that I would be given the ability to match the erratic results some investigator would get (chemicals and a crime-processing lab) with the proper role claim. Which I did, in thread, before SO's results were revealed.
That's not that strange. It's quite common for a GF to be told in his role how he will appear in investigations. Last DP game I played I (as a SK, not a GF) was even given the choice by DP as which historical figure I would appear to an investigator. Of course I build my whole game around behaving like that character and even tried to look suspicious enough that cops would investigate me so they could later clear me. This is just an example of which there are many more to be found around the site. What I try to say is that it is not so strange for an investigation to match an earlier roleclaim.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:06 pm

Ergh...

Vote: massive

Alea jacta est.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:27 pm

Post by massive »

Oof. Good job Thoth? That was the weakest argument scum probably ever won with. :)

Hey SO, what was the final argument that made you overlook your own investigation AND the fact that I nailed BananaBob on day three and four and kept on him the entire game?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:32 am

Damn.

Your behaviour on those last couple of posts, actually.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:59 am

Post by Thoth »

massive wrote: AND the fact that I nailed BananaBob on day three and four and kept on him the entire game?
But why would you consider nailing a Mafia spy (ergo unknown to the rest of the Mafia) more important then nailing an actual Mafia member as I did with ID.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:00 am

Post by Dirge »

Mulder (massive), Forensic Scientist, has been lynched.

That's it! Game over. It looks like a scum win.

Merry Christmas!
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Dang it all, why did I listen to claims Thoth was cleared. Sorry about accidentally getting myself lynched though-- that was one of the stupidest things I have done yet. Not used to the deadlining. THat is like the 3rd time I have made a mistake around a deadline.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”