dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:01 am

Post by dybeck »

Darox wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
RandomGem's Role PM wrote:
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?"

Welcome to Babylon 5 Mafia: Severed Dreams,
RandomGem
. You are
Vir Cotto
. As an idealistic, if naive, Centauri, you've decided to help in the fight to save Babylon 5.

You are a
Army of Light/Centauri Member
. You have no special abilities.

You win if you fulfill any one (1) of the following win conditions:

Army of Light Win Condition: All Shadow Operatives and Vorlon Operatives must die.

Centauri Win Condition: All Narn and League of Unaligned Worlds players must die.

Please confirm via return PM.
The "All Shadow Operatives" part makes it pretty clear that there is a Shadow group of some kind.
This is my point. The sarcasm was lost in translation somewhat :/
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Kinetic »

Current Tally
Role Call so far

Support Plan, unconditionally 10

Kinetic
Mafia SSK
VisMaior
[hp]leaves
Theinternet
veerus
RandomGem (Counteracts Nat's doesn't count vote with another vote that frankly... doesn't count.)
armlx
Mana_Ku
Empking
Support Plan, with Kinetic Full Reveal 1

forbiddenlight
Neither for, nor against 1

pacman281292
Do not support Plan 5

dybeck
Nat (doesn't matter since he already claimed...)
malthusis
populartajo
Darox
Undecided 4

Knights of Cydonia (replacing Cybele)
DrippingGoofball
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer)
farside22 (rep. Tovarish)

Current Tally indicates a 10-6 ratio without claim and a 11-5 ratio with full claim.

I get the feeling that dybeck, Darox, and mal aren't going to change their position. I'm not so sure about Nat and Pop, but who knows. I'd like to hear from the undecided camp, but unless all 4 vote against (and even if they do, the majority of the town is voting for the claim. Unless this changes drastically we should begin the race claim by tomorrow at the latest.

Currently the consensus is either for Knight of Cydonia (based on Cybele's play) or dybeck should begin the claim. Opinions on who everyone thinks should begin the claim should also be discussed asap.

Last, the logical choice for lynch today is Nat or hp[leaves]. They're confirmed mafia biased, even if they're not mafia. Additionally, I'm concerned about their WCs. They're survivor hunters, but they can theoretically win even if dead...

Mod, Question: If Nat or HP are dead, and the town eliminates one of the mafia and all of the survivors die, will HP or Nat (depending on which mafia faction is eliminated) win the game and thus end the game, or are their WCs not game ending WCs (like a Jester)

The game ends when a win condition is fulfilled unless that win condition explicitly says otherwise. A faction need not be alive to fulfill its win condition unless that win condition explicitly says otherwise. - Tar
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:28 am

Post by farside22 »

As I said I have concerns that it may be out guessing the mod, but I think that if we do this we should not base everything just on the claim, but how the person has been in the game thus far.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Kinetic »

The claim itself isn't going to break the game completely farside. We will still have to do scum hunting. However I do feel the claim will allow us to focus on certain aspects which will help in scumhunting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 am

Post by farside22 »

Kinetic wrote:The claim itself isn't going to break the game completely farside. We will still have to do scum hunting. However I do feel the claim will allow us to focus on certain aspects which will help in scumhunting.
Well I say yes. I just thought about toadstool game and how certain things helped because the town had info the scum did not.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Last time there was a 'survivor' claim in a game I was in, that player was scum. Oh, and I remember a mith game where three players claimed survivors and they were scumbuddies.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Natirasha »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Last time there was a 'survivor' claim in a game I was in, that player was scum. Oh, and I remember a mith game where three players claimed survivors and they were scumbuddies.
This is where I've been misquoted numerous times. I have never claimed survivor, nor do I plan to.

HOWEVER, this brings up a point. My WinCon ends the game. If you decide to keep me and hp alive, then you just can't kill survivors.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Kinetic »

No, it means that we have to kill any survivor who claims. We can't give a claim to any scum who might take it. Damn the consequences. I would like to hear Tar's response though...
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by veerus »

Kinetic wrote:No, it means that we have to kill any survivor who claims. We can't give a claim to any scum who might take it. Damn the consequences. I would like to hear Tar's response though...
He replied.. re-read the post where you asked the question.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Kinetic »

veerus wrote:
Kinetic wrote:No, it means that we have to kill any survivor who claims. We can't give a claim to any scum who might take it. Damn the consequences. I would like to hear Tar's response though...
He replied.. re-read the post where you asked the question.
That... was not there before... lol. Maybe, I don't remember.

Either way, that doesn't change anything unfortunately. Town has no choice but to kill any claimed survivors. Giving the mafia a safe claim is, not useful, to say the least. Either way, Nat and hp are anti-town, but I doubt they're survivors. They're still the best lynch, per say, but now I'm wondering about it. They're main threat, really, is their WC. But that WC is the same, dead or alive... Maybe... It might be best to kill them in case they ARE survivors and they're just leaving that part out, but I kind of doubt that.

Either way, we need to find scum and lynch them. If we have a better lynch, I'd be willing to move off of Nat/hp, but all the same I'd rather lynch them then most anyone else. A very tough riddle. Maybe lynch one, see his role, and then use that to maybe lynch the other. Hmm...
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by RandomGem »

Hi, busy yesterday and tomorrow, so I better post this to not get prodded. Gotta go do some stuff, and hopefully I'll respond later today, but if not, then I will on Sunday.
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

@Kinetic:
I'm still against. Why did you count me as neutral?
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Kinetic »

pacman281292 wrote:@Kinetic:
I'm still against. Why did you count me as neutral?
Sorry, I was skimming the posts real fast making sure I was updating the post right and I skimmed the post where you said "I don't have problems with raceclaiming." And thought I read that you were neither for nor against it, just that you didn't like the idea. I'll fix it in my next update.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"This is the Captain. If I can have your attention! As of this time, 0315 Earth Standard Time, I am placing you under arrest for conspiracy to mutiny and failure to obey the chain of command. The order for Night Watch to take over Babylon 5 security came from the Political Office! The Political Office, despite its connection to the President, is a civilian agency outside the direct chain of command! Orders affecting military personnel must come from within the military hierarchy, starting from the President, through the Joint Chiefs of Staff, to your immediate superior officers. A Senator cannot give you a direct order! A governor cannot give you a direct order! And neither can the Political Office! Make no mistake, this is an illegal order! Now, we've contacted Earthdome and requested confirmation of this order through proper channels. But, since we seem to be having trouble with communications, this may take several days. Until then, you have two choices. You can stay where you are, or you can leave, one at a time. On your way out, you'll turn in your link, identicard, and weapons. You'll be restricted to quarters until the revised orders come in. When that happens, anyone who wants to file a complaint against me can do so. Otherwise…have a pleasant stay. Oh, and one other thing. If I were you, I wouldn't use my weapons on the airlocks. They're a solid beryllium alloy. The ricochet is a killer." - John Sheridan

Just to make sure nobody missed it (I usually answer questions by editing the post where the question is posed): The game ends when a win condition is fulfilled unless that win condition explicitly says otherwise. A faction need not be alive to fulfill its win condition unless that win condition explicitly says otherwise.

In other news: cr3t1n and populartajo are being prodded and receiving Official Warnings (this is the second prod for both). Forbiddanlight is also being prodded; this is her first prod. - Tar

The Twentieth Vote Count (aka the "The Quality of Mercy" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

VisMaior (0)
Empking (0)
malthusis (1) - cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer)
Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon) (0)
Knight of Cydonia (rep. Cybele) (3) - MafiaSSK, pacman281292, dybeck (rep. soaperguy29)
MafiaSSK (1) - Mana_Ku
armlx (0)
Darox (rep. seraphim) (0)
forbiddanlight (0)
populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
Natirasha (6) - RandomGem, Darox, (rep. seraphim), farside22 (rep. Tovarish), forbiddanlight, veerus, malthusis
veerus (0)
The Internet (0)
DrippingGoofball (0)
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer) (0)
pacman281292 (0)
RandomGem (0)
hp [leaves] (1) - armlx,
dybeck (rep. soaperguy29) (2) - Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon), Empking
farside22 (rep. Tovarish) (0)

Not Voting (5): VisMaior, Knight of Cydonia (rep. Cybele), populartajo, Natirasha, TheInternet, hp [leaves]

Votes required to lynch: 12

FoS Count:

VisMaior (1) - farside22
Empking (1) - veerus
malthusis (1) - armlx
Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon) (1) - The Internet
Knight of Cydonia (rep. Cybele) (3) - Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon), Natirasha, veerus
MafiaSSK (1) - malthusis
armlx (1) - VisMaior
Darox (rep. seraphim) (1) - hp [leaves]
forbiddanlight (3) - Empking, Kinetic, veerus
populartajo
Mana_Ku
Natirasha
veerus (1) - Empking
The Internet (1) - Kinetic
DrippingGoofball
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer) (1) - malthusis
pacman281292 (1) - Kinetic
RandomGem (1) - pacman281292
hp [leaves] (1) - Kinetic
soaperguy21
Tovarish
people pushing this idea (1) - malthusis
Tarhalindur (1) - Kinetic
Mastermind of Sin (1) - Kinetic
Glork (1) - Kinetic
Lucky Charms (The Cereal) (2) - Kinetic, RandomGem

Current and Final Deadline:
October 31, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wow, I usually don't get prodded. I'm sorry about the drop in activity. I've been both busy and also there seems to just be more repetition of the same points about this race claim. Honestly, we need to move, both to a lynch and to whatever else we are doing.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Natirasha »

vote: hp[leaves]

Sadly, I don't want to die yet and the town is decidedly against us.

Can we race claim yet? I'm sick of sitting around doing nothing.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by Empking »

Yeah, KoC should claim race.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:06 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Kinetic wrote:Either way, that doesn't change anything unfortunately. Town has no choice but to kill any claimed survivors. Giving the mafia a safe claim is, not useful, to say the least. Either way,
Nat and hp are anti-town
, but I doubt they're survivors. They're still the best lynch, per say, but now I'm wondering about it. They're main threat, really, is their WC. But that WC is the same, dead or alive... Maybe... It might be best to kill them in case they ARE survivors and they're just leaving that part out, but I kind of doubt that.

Either way, we need to find scum and lynch them. If we have a better lynch, I'd be willing to move off of Nat/hp, but all the same I'd rather lynch them then most anyone else. A very tough riddle. Maybe lynch one, see his role, and then use that to maybe lynch the other. Hmm...
Just to say that I'm neither pro-town or anti-town, I have nothing do do with that. I'm just anti-mafia. Also I'm not a survivor.

In the end either me or Nat will win. lol
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Darox »

"I am not a threat at all to the town even though I am not a member of it. Also I am going to win the game before the town."

Sounds like a good lynch candidate to me.

Unvote, Vote Hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Actually I can win the game no matter alive or dead. Me dying this day does nothing good or bad to me. But I can help
you
only while I'm alive.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:30 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

And Darox, are you voting me because you're believing me, or you aren't believing me?
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:37 am

Post by Darox »

hp [leaves] wrote:Actually I can win the game no matter alive or dead. Me dying this day does nothing good or bad to me. But I can help
you
only while I'm alive.
I'm pretty sure this line is bullshit.

Because otherwise, it would be impossible for the Army of Light to win the game as a unified faction.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:12 am

Post by populartajo »

Antiprod.
Yeah. Later.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:14 am

Post by populartajo »

saddogirl wrote:Wow, I usually don't get prodded. I'm sorry about the drop in activity. I've been both busy and also there seems to just be more repetition of the same points about this race claim. Honestly, we need to move, both to a lynch and to whatever else we are doing.
This.
Will give my thoughts after my showa.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:31 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Darox wrote:I'm pretty sure this line is bullshit.

Because otherwise, it would be impossible for the Army of Light to win the game as a unified faction.
Why? didn't you read Tar's edit on Kinetic's post? I can win this game whether alive or dead. Also, do you think I'm just a vanilla townie version of a not-much-known faction?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”