sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:54 am

Post by sekinj »

just rubs me wrong that the last couple days we knew all the bad guys, but couldn't defeat them. I think our biggest mistake was the lynch of MafiaMan.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 am

Post by qwints »

Questions for the mod:
1) How was there no kill on night 2 if a no lynch meant the kills always go through?
2) Did PimHel steal Mariyta's vote on day 3?
3) How did TSN fail to steal a vote on day 4?
4) What was up with day 5? Either it's end-gamed or it's not...

Comments - allowing me to have the one shot command ability along with a scum-mate with a vote steal was way too powerful. We needed one night kill and one mislynch to take control of the voting completely. Town could have been end-gamed on day 2.

I'd be interested to hear people's thought about another use of the one-shot command and would love to see a list of night actions.

All I did was move people around on n3.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Rage »

I think that if each role could use their abilities a certain amount of times, rather than each night, things may have turned out a little better for town. If that were the case, methinks a roleblocker should have replaced the bodyguard. That, or make the bodyguard get hit by everything and give more immunities to him/her about certain things. Like if someone's vote was stolen, they'd steal the bodyguard's and not know it, and if an investigation was made, it would redirect to the bodyguard too.

All in all, I liked the addition of a cop some time into the game, and it was really well handled (you know.. the *pop*-out-of-thin-air, hehe).
qwints wrote:All I did was move people around on n3.
Yeah.. I didn't really see the point of your role, considering how you are the mafia, so I speculated for a bit that mafia/werewolves would have had to guess at where their target was staying, which led me to think that Sekinj was scum because she knew the locations, but I dismissed the idea when I found out she had the same loss condition as me.

I think that the loss condition itself, though, was thought out really well. Town can't lose first or second night, and with the addition of the cop and the threat of "no lynch = something bad" (coupled with "Hey, we just no lynched and this player was introduced.. huh?') didn't make things straightforward, which they never should be in a game of mafia. Well done, mod!

And for the entire game I actually thought there was a mafia, not a werewolf faction, but giving away there were werewolves might have implied a mafia faction so.. Qwints/TheSweatpantsNinja/Thinktank, at any time during the game did you think there was a mafia faction, or a faction other than Town and yourselves?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:10 am

Post by Johoohno »

Night choices:

Night zero
  • Gremwell spies on: Gimbo, thinktank, ohmygodmylife, rage, nightson. Raverblood (gets to know someone did a group investigation)
  • Rage sends letter to Gimbo/sekinj:
    Dear sir/madam, On behalf of the honourable Baron himself, you are required to acknowledge the existence of the Scribe when the time comes. Failure to do so will result in your death within 48 game hours (2 days to be precise) of the Scribe's lynch. You have been chosen to be warned in advance. Do not disregard this warning.

• Mariyta protects Singing Librarian
  • Nightson investigate: 1 Gremwell, 2 Mariyta, 3 raverblood, 4 Gimbo, 5 Rage. 6 Nightson
  • Singing Librarian kills Nightson.
Night one
  • MafiaMann: switches places of sekinj and Rage
  • Mariyta protects noone.
  • Singing Librarian buys sekinj’s vote (knows his role), but ends up buying Rage’s vote instead due to MafiaMann’s switching places.
  • Rage sends his letter to MafiaMann (same as above)
  • raverblood night kills ThAdmiral
  • thinktank finds out Mariyta’s game name (Frederic “Honor” Evergreen)
  • Gremwell spies on: raverblood, sekinj, Rage, Singing Librarian & thinktank (finds out that someone tries to send a letter)
Night two
  • Mariyta protects Rage
  • Rage sends letter to Mariyta:
    The Scribe, Keira Whitmore, is a trustworthy companion to the Baron and has often been asked for her opinions. Each night, she is able to send a message to one player, and you have been lucky enough to have been selected by her.

There is just one thing that the Scribe asks in return, which will be strongly enforced, and that is to keep this letter secret until the time is right. You must acknowledge the Scribe when and if she claims, and if you do not, then you will be eliminated from the game within 2 Days.

Rage is the Scribe.

Finally, Mariyta, Honor/Honour means Emissary? If so, start the first sentence of your first Day post with either the letter "E" or "M". If not, start however you'd like.

• thinktank finds out MafiaMann’s game name (Ephraim “the Wise” Farlhume)
  • Pimhel buys Mariyta’s vote (knows her nickname as ‘honor’) - It seems as this didn’t go through due to some reason. Possibly have been a miss of mine (cannot reach my notes because of crashed harddrive).
Night three
  • Mariyta protects Rage
  • Rage sends this to Cass:
    Rage is the Scribe. If the Scribe dies tonight, get Qwints lynched.

• Gremwell will watch sekinj, cass. quints, Mariyta (Would’ve seen Mariyta's protection)
  • Qwints: move cass and sekinj to the stables.
  • Thinktank: NK Gremwell
  • Cass: look at Qwints, to see if she's a supernatural. (Which she is)
Night four
  • Mariyta protects Cass
  • Cass investigates thinktank
  • Rage sends
    Rage is the Scribe and the role information he claims to have is correct.
    to thinktank.
  • Thinktank: NK Mariyta tonight (Mariyta’s bullet proof is used up)
  • TSN: steal sekinj “Sage's” vote
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 am

Post by Johoohno »

qwints wrote:Questions for the mod:
1) How was there no kill on night 2 if a no lynch meant the kills always go through?
2) Did PimHel steal Mariyta's vote on day 3?
3) How did TSN fail to steal a vote on day 4?
4) What was up with day 5? Either it's end-gamed or it's not...

Comments - allowing me to have the one shot command ability along with a scum-mate with a vote steal was way too powerful. We needed one night kill and one mislynch to take control of the voting completely. Town could have been end-gamed on day 2.

I'd be interested to hear people's thought about another use of the one-shot command and would love to see a list of night actions.

All I did was move people around on n3.
Here's my anwers for qwints:
1. No kill was sent in
2. It probably should have been stolen, but I might have screwed up there.
3. TSN didn't send in a vote stealing PM.
4. I felt the game was pretty much over and done with and the outcome inevitably to the mafia's advantage (since they could steal votes and get the majority once they had night killed someone the coming night). I felt that such a scenario would only make the townies feel cheated if the coming days would've been impossible for them to actually lynch scum. I might have ended the game a bit prematurely though (possibly Cass's/ Knight of Cydonia's bulletproof, could have hindered that if scum aimed for him/her), and I'm sorry if anyone feels that way.

All in all I am pretty satisfied with the game, though I would've liked to see the alchemist's potions in the game. :) I had decided from the beginning that the vote counts would look like they did even if someone's vote was bought, and it might have made that power even more powerful.

As you all see, a lot of the powers grew stronger through the game: the vote stealing (I agree that it became to powerful in the end, could've been limited to one use every third night or so), beast master's investigation and the spy's reports.

Thank you all for a good game and a special thanks to Lawrencelot who helped me out with ruling questions all though the game (all remaining errors are of my doing, not his).
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:11 am

Post by qwints »

The game was closer than it should have been b/c raverblood flaked before they sent in their night actions. TSN also apparently misunderstood their power by failing to try and steal a vote.
These problems made thinktank and I believe the town was a lot more powerful than it was.

@Rage, we never believed there was another scum group.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am

Post by thinktank »

The town should have won this game. Raver flaked way too much and didn't help the wolves at all, librarian was helping then he flaked too and that caused a lot chaos, and lack of organization, aka night powers not being utilized and kills not being sent in some cases...

The Cass investigation caught me offguard, i thought he would go after STN and because of this error, we were done, lol guess not....
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Rage »

I think it was a better choice for Cass to investigate you since Sweatpants was so-close-to-confirmed scum, with the Baron claim and Sekinj's Knowledge, and just overall more suspicious than you, so I think that instead of proving his guilt all the way, Cass chose you to confirm the player that had less attention on him.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I've been following this game. I really liked the theme and the roles, and I loved to watch you guys go through the first day with 2 "vanilla's" and 1 "vanilla" who claims he's the only vanilla, I think I'd lynch both if I was there :P so good job. Town played strong, but it looks like the vote-buying was too powerful indeed.

The last day both town and mafia had an equal amount of votes. I discussed the options with Johoohno, and advised him to set a deadline as soon as possible (didn't see there already was a deadline) and then either go to night or end the game. He handled the ending of the day very well, but unfortunately he stopped the game there, I did not think of the possibility that Cass could still be targeted. But if that happened, town would still not be able to win, so I don't think it matters much. But I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for the town to know who's scum and not be able to lynch them.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:42 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Sorry for a historically poor performance from me on this game, guys. Great setup Jo
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”