Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Todoroki »

Also, I just went back and looked at our post game conversation, and I am actually less sure why you were left thinking that I think so poorly of myself - out of the moment.

Like, sure. In the moment, I looked like someone who thinks I am the worst player ever

Spoiler:
Subject: Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress Saboteur PT
Lukewarm wrote:Sorry

She was gonna do it
Lukewarm wrote:I guess I threw.

I had a copy paste vote luke ready, and refreshed incase pav got the vote in first. but no
Lukewarm wrote:I am really really sorry. I was telling the truth about the situation giving me a panic attack and my hands shaking.

Cant believe that what is probably my best scum game so far on site is gonna end this way
Lukewarm wrote:So incredibly sorry
Subject: Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress Spectator/Dead PT
Lukewarm wrote:Image
Lukewarm wrote:You ever have a game, that is like an amazing game? Like one that as its happening, your like "I can't wait until this game is over, and everyone congratulates me on how well I did"?

And then you remember that Prism is notorious for giving play notes in the post game, and in your last game together they have you positive notes, and it made you feel really good about yourself, and you hype yourself up because that is gonna happpen again this game?

And then you even think, huh, even if you lose this game, at the least you can leave knowing you were amazing and a lot of the factors that led to your loss were out of your control, and that you might even tell a couple people to read the game to see how well you did? Ever had a game like that?

And THEN, in the 11th hour did you decided to do something that turns that game into the worst moment in your mafia scum career?

Has that happened to anyone else? Just me?

But then like a day later I came back with a level head
Lukewarm wrote:But that you. I did beat myself up a bit right when I voted. But given a moment, I am happy with my play.

I feel like I did very good all game, my strategies basically all played out exactly how I intended them to. I was possibly the most town read player in the game.

But there were things outside my control that just pushed me into a position where Ari was close to checkmating me. The two of us were in a fairly intense chess match at the end that I don't think anyone else was aware of lol
And it feels like you are saying "The Luke I saw who was kinda freaked out the moment he lost would never say that he should go in the 6 man hood"

And I don't get why you don't see that when I am talking with a more level head, I am not so down on my play. Hell, even in that game I DID put myself into the hardest game of the three.

Anyways, if this doesn't sway you, I guess it doesn't sway you - and today is my birhtday, so I am probably not gonna be on any more today. Wake up in the morning to see if I am in the dead thread I guess lol
Hydra account of Notscience and Lukewarm
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Prism »

I hope you have a good birthday, but I don't think it's an accident that you are talking essentially only to me here.

I do not think that post is a diamond where you are ready to 1v5. I also do not think notscience would be ready to 1v5. I think both of you go to the group of 3 and do all the damage you can.

If you feel that this should have been minor or negligible, then okay, but I do not feel that way and I did not find notscience's posts last night plausible either.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Prism »

Rereading through MELO, notscience explicitly acknowledges that hardshoving and intentional space are two dichotomies of mine I frequently utilize as town.

Someone just put the horse down before someone claims flailing makes them town and makes Lukewarm sit here all day.
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Todoroki »

I was talking directly to you because you are the one who was leading the charge (basically everyon else appeared to just vote and say "yeah, I guess" to the things that you said), I have been thinking you were town, and you seemed like you at least think you are good at reading me.
In post 230, Prism wrote:Todoroki in particular has two different players that are generally easy to read
In post 231, Prism wrote:Todoroki is null for now. I am confident I still have, for the moment, Todoroki's number, and it is more of a matter of time for when I catch them than a question of if. There was one game I struggled to see notscience as town but even spectating I have always found it trivial.
Plus, you the person I have the most experience with here other then Notty. So, yeah. You're the person I have been talking to.

But you don't even appear to be considering that we could be town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Prism »

I considered whether or not you were town for hours and intentionally slept on it before revisiting. If I'm wrong, then OK, I have been wrong before and will be again, but I don't think I am and I am absolutely at this point determined to see you through.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay, actually getting ready to leave to go to my sisters. I am just kind of assuming that I will be dead by the time I get back to the game.

So final notes before the sweet song plays:

Dunn - Dunn has absolutely ghosted this game, which does make me want to call Dunn town... But, I have actively had a conversation with Dunn about this trend (I made a whole ass dunn spread sheet tracking his day 1 activity vs his alignment, across a LOT of games. Was VERY accurate (like 90% accuracy) pretty sure that being scum gets Dunn invested in games. So I WANT to call him town, but since I actively told him about this table, it feels like he might do it on purpose at some point. This is a paranoia thought, but this is the only reason I am not actually town binning him right now.

Puppy - I will eat my hat if they flip scum. Probably never kill them.

StD - Notty was town reading StD based off the of the comments about his activity in the large hood, feels like a weird way to read him, so I just ignored that. but his unvote on us just now seems town motivated. No reason to unvote there as scum - this wagon was in no way tied to him.

Prism - I am retracting my town read on her. Almost like a BoP thig really. Probably should never make it to Elo.

Everything else feels like it was pretty well covered before.
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Todoroki »

In post 530, Lukewarm wrote:Okay, actually getting ready to leave to go to my sisters. I am just kind of assuming that I will be dead by the time I get back to the game.

So final notes before the sweet song plays:

Dunn - Dunn has absolutely ghosted this game, which does make me want to call Dunn town... But, I have actively had a conversation with Dunn about this trend (I made a whole ass dunn spread sheet tracking his day 1 activity vs his alignment, across a LOT of games. Was VERY accurate (like 90% accuracy) pretty sure that being scum gets Dunn invested in games. So I WANT to call him town, but since I actively told him about this table, it feels like he might do it on purpose at some point. This is a paranoia thought, but this is the only reason I am not actually town binning him right now.

Puppy - I will eat my hat if they flip scum. Probably never kill them.

StD - Notty was town reading StD based off the of the comments about his activity in the large hood, feels like a weird way to read him, so I just ignored that. but his unvote on us just now seems town motivated. No reason to unvote there as scum - this wagon was in no way tied to him.

Prism - I am retracting my town read on her. Almost like a BoP thig really. Probably should never make it to Elo.

Everything else feels like it was pretty well covered before.
And I had been doing so well :/
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Prism »

...And in the other 2 in your group?
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Todoroki »

MC scum, iv town. Already kinda went over them.

That last post was just things that had changed (std, you) and Dunn who I had not really explained before. Puppy is probably the odd one out, but my town read there is just that strong I guess lol
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:19 am

Post by Prism »

Okay, thanks, will review if necessary.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Prism »

notscience seemed to think Esther was obviously scum, but was still inclined to go hunt in the group of 6.

Which is miraculous since his only other reads seemed to be me for being hot/cold in my various attempts to get him to do something, and the name of dwlee drawn out of a random.org hat.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:29 am

Post by innocentvillager »

is that E1? can someone unvote? I will take a look at this later when I have time sorry work is crazy
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:29 am

Prism you should announce E1 if you’re going to do it, that is not a good look for you

Imagine if Esther is scum here and just lolhammers
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

imagine if todoroki is scum and i just lolhammer
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Prism »

1. It was already E-1 last night, which you acknowledged. I have already unvoted once. I have also made it clear that the next vote would be hammer, several times.
2. Esther lolhammering would be a very good trade, but they're also already voting there.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Prism »

Can you be more explicit as to why you think Todoroki should not be the vote today?

The only argument I see to hold off is to let Dunnstral check in.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Prism »

The above is kind of putting words into your mouth, but my point is that you're sitting here in the middle after being AFK for half the game and now want to cry foul when we're actually voting.

If you're busy, okay, but I have given more than enough and from my perspective you're either scum flopping in preparation for tomorrow or are just getting in the way for zero reason.
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Todoroki »

IVs been townreading me though? I already showed y’all what actual flopping looks like, but what do I know I’m scum amirite
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Prism »

In post 496, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 478, Todoroki wrote:Like, you could say I'm hedging by not voting you too which is a totally fair point to make! Or that I'm not really pushing IV (which should frankly hint that I'm town, IV knows scum-me LOVED the chance to get in his head and twist him in circles), and instead letting him do his own thing and think about what he's posted.
okay imma be honest i was sort of gonna keep it private but there's no point anymore

this is prolly like the main argument for me townleaning you / ur not really here or trying to pocket me or anything like that

i remember when we were hydraing together u wanted to go HARD in that familiar plist if we were scum and Bulge straight TRd you for not doing that, lmao. My guess is you two would've gone harder had you rolled scum.

i weakly feel worse because you've mentioned this yourself but i still think you would've forced more thread presence as scum/i believe Luke to an extent when he says he would've pushed you to post more as well
I don't think this is necessarily wrong, but I don't this game has worked out how either envisioned as scum, between both being busy and me immediately going for the throat. notscience is remarkably inconsistent and even in a world where he knows what is expected or desired he struggles to deliver on it.

I don't really think Todoroki's interactions with you have been very indicative either, sorry, especially when they frame it in a way that is arguing they're town in light of it.
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Todoroki »

I’m more inconsistent than normal lately because I’m busy which is a fair statement but also doesn’t make me scum
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Prism »

Cool. I think the read on me is dogshit and I'm willing to call you on it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Prism »

I also think Lukewarm's recent progression is, but the first pass was at least right and the conversation that seems to be happening on me outside of thread appears to be basically zero, each trying to get me to doubt the read on the singular head and instead faceplanting completely.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Prism »

I'm going to save the criticism for postgame, there's no point to this. If I get egg on my face I get egg on my face.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Prism »

As always, voices other than my own and my ego would probably be a good change of tune.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:32 am

In post 541, Prism wrote:The above is kind of putting words into your mouth, but my point is that you're sitting here in the middle after being AFK for half the game and now want to cry foul when we're actually voting.

If you're busy, okay, but I have given more than enough and from my perspective you're either scum flopping in preparation for tomorrow or are just getting in the way for zero reason.
why are u calling me scum while voteparking the other person in my hood?

Return to “Completed Open Games”