Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 496, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 478, Todoroki wrote:Like, you could say I'm hedging by not voting you too which is a totally fair point to make! Or that I'm not really pushing IV (which should frankly hint that I'm town, IV knows scum-me LOVED the chance to get in his head and twist him in circles), and instead letting him do his own thing and think about what he's posted.
okay imma be honest i was sort of gonna keep it private but there's no point anymore

this is prolly like the main argument for me townleaning you / ur not really here or trying to pocket me or anything like that

i remember when we were hydraing together u wanted to go HARD in that familiar plist if we were scum and Bulge straight TRd you for not doing that, lmao. My guess is you two would've gone harder had you rolled scum.

i weakly feel worse because you've mentioned this yourself but i still think you would've forced more thread presence as scum/i believe Luke to an extent when he says he would've pushed you to post more as well
random thought
if todoraki was scum in ur hood, what benefit would they get from trying to pocket u when they know they have to push both u and mc esther at some point
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 495, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 465, Brighter Puppy wrote:My first game we limmed big pool and won.
Second game we limmed in small pool and lost.

Both were day 1 scumflips.

- Norwee
truly irrefutable evidence to kill big hood
and dont u think scum are motivated to lim in the first pool
like i don't think prism or kuriyama are scum. Its just like that is the side i would be pushing her if i am scum.
ITS WEIRD TO SEE SO FEW PUSHING IN THE BIG GROUP LIKE I AM
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

and no one is on to bounce ideas of off. I am once again left with talking to an empty room
Guess ill go workout
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Im willing to search in the big group I'm probably too tunneled at this point

What ever happened to dunnstral
Kuriyama
Kuriyama
Goon
Kuriyama
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by Kuriyama »

I'll be honest I've spent more brainpower on writing the romance story than trying to figure out whether Todo is town.
Kuriyama
Kuriyama
Goon
Kuriyama
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by Kuriyama »

In post 475, Todoroki wrote:
In post 474, mc esther wrote:i do agree that todoroki looks kinda like scum who had assumed we'd yeet from 6 first and is now going "oh shit this really wasnt the plan" (im actually not sure anyone's explicitly framed it this way but i think someone hinted at it). i dont really understand prism's "practically a scumclaim" that he saw in todoroki's post, i think this mightve been an exaggeration?

im not really on-board with the consensus innocentvillager townread -- mostly because he very clearly doesnt believe the solve he's pushing. i think he's town because he looks townier than todoroki and only one of them is scum; but no i very much dont think there's any "yeah these posts have to come from town" in his iso.
People think we're scum and posts like this exist, lmao
Like I hate this post because it feels like something scum says about a townie writing a horribly scummy post.

I think if you're town you just vote for her and pound the table on her being mafia? I really don't understand the hesitation here. I acknowledge I could just be horribly wrong and tunneled here. I hope smarter people than me will shake me out of it. I will sleep on it. This game needs more Notty/Lukewarm/Dunnstral/Dwlee.
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Todoroki »

In post 505, Kuriyama wrote:I think if you're town you just vote for her and pound the table on her being mafia? I really don't understand the hesitation here.
Hello
In post 104, Todoroki wrote:would love to skip all of the mech back and forth and just all agree to kill in the big hood. Thanks!
In post 377, Todoroki wrote: 1) I still think shooting in the large hood is better
In post 391, Todoroki wrote:I still think that we should be killing in the large pool first.
Hydra account of Notscience and Lukewarm
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Todoroki »

And like, obviously, if it comes down to us or her, I will vote for her, but I would much rather you and Prism figure out that I am town and help me find the scum in the big hood
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Todoroki »

This is about where we landed after talking last night.

Luke's big hood reads
Puppy
Kuri
Prism
Dunn
Dwlee/STD

Notty's big hood reads
Puppy
Kuri
STD
Dunn
Dwlee/Prism
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Todoroki »

Probably should have added some line breaks to make the segments clear
In post 508, Todoroki wrote:This is about where we landed after talking last night.

Luke's big hood reads
Puppy
Kuri
Prism

Dunn

Dwlee/STD

Notty's big hood reads
Puppy
Kuri
STD

Dunn
Dwlee/Prism
Dunn is null for me, but Notty seemed a bit more worried about him when we talked, so this is probably the right breaks
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Todoroki »

For the record I’m pretty sure kuri realizes deep down that we’re town but we haven’t done enough to warrant an actual defense :3

I also think that MC post goes miles to set up a backtrack come tomorrow after we flip town soooooooo yeah

But anyways, is the big hood as dead as the little hood?

-notty
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 505, Kuriyama wrote:
In post 475, Todoroki wrote:
In post 474, mc esther wrote:i do agree that todoroki looks kinda like scum who had assumed we'd yeet from 6 first and is now going "oh shit this really wasnt the plan" (im actually not sure anyone's explicitly framed it this way but i think someone hinted at it). i dont really understand prism's "practically a scumclaim" that he saw in todoroki's post, i think this mightve been an exaggeration?

im not really on-board with the consensus innocentvillager townread -- mostly because he very clearly doesnt believe the solve he's pushing. i think he's town because he looks townier than todoroki and only one of them is scum; but no i very much dont think there's any "yeah these posts have to come from town" in his iso.
People think we're scum and posts like this exist, lmao
Like I hate this post because it feels like something scum says about a townie writing a horribly scummy post.

I think if you're town you just vote for her and pound the table on her being mafia? I really don't understand the hesitation here. I acknowledge I could just be horribly wrong and tunneled here. I hope smarter people than me will shake me out of it. I will sleep on it. This game needs more Notty/Lukewarm/Dunnstral/Dwlee.
I hate posts like yours that equate everyone’s playstyle with your idealized image of what an townie "should do"
I see no problem with the post, but i see a lot of problems with the ways you are handling the slot.

- Norwee
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Brighter Puppy »

A lot of the things you claim to be scummy, quite frankly just aren’t.
And it’s irritating to see you try to be the big voice of reason when you don’t really seem to know what it is you are talking about.

- Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 am

VOTE: Dunn
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Todoroki

Fundamentally, nothing has changed for me since yesterday.

Put the slot out of its misery. As always, it is possible I am wrong but I would be very surprised if I were.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Prism »

I'm fine hunting in the 6 but I strongly believe this should be the flip today.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Prism »

In post 461, Todoroki wrote:I mean if we’re talking about people breaking expectations a reach out from you is about the last thing I ever expected to see posted

If I can call it a reach out? I dunno. It should be obvious why I can’t play my normal way, but I digress.
It may have been surprising but I fundamentally doubt you believe it is +scum. You have acknowledged repeatedly that I do not play fair as scum, and I strongly suspect you are at least familiar with my scumgame. You are aware that I am not fferyllt nor petapan.

The actual motivation of my initial reachout was partially for you, but more for the larger game: it was to set a lighter tone and manage town morale after a complete absence of posting. I didn't agree with Brighter that I said anything fundamentally objectionable, but it is important that others want to post, because otherwise I can't sort. I was actually hoping to get a reaction out of Kuriyama in my section about you.

The second was an attempt to leverage that same desire for public recognition, not from me but from others. The intent was to get you to motivate you to play better. I was out eating food and saw the bit about disappointment and was greatly annoyed. I eat my burger and celebrate you digging your own grave as scum, as I had good reason to be away all day.

Any progression around reaching out would be done with the idea of capitalizing on your vote/misdirection. This is not the case; you are in the group of 3, and I have been trying to force you through since last night. I never put you there to begin with because you are never getting voted out as town. I would be significantly more ruthless and more explicitly capitalize on the idea of a
realizations on your end
to capitalize on your desire for recognition/equality similar to what I did to quiet in Iceland, and
exploit your vote to a concrete advantage

I don't expect you to know all of the above, but I do not think you seriously expect me to unvote yesterday as scum and casting especially the second as a heartfelt reachout was a stretch. It is to my win condition to set you up to succeed as town. As scum I am significantly more vicious and you know that much.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Prism »

It is worth noting that I
do
"set people up to succeed" as scum, but it is always for them to fall completely flat onto the concrete.

You're in the group of 3. You can flip a coin and catch my partner, and will be a forced nightkill as a clear if you do so, without ever once being able to use it to my advantage. My alignment shouldn't even be a question.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:56 am

i'm fine hammering the slot but i'll give it a little more time
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Todoroki »

Prism, I feels like your scum read on me boiled down to:

Luke would not be so confident as scum to place himself into the 6 person hood, so that must be a fake thought, and he is now lying about being that confident in his scum abilities.

Which I gotta say, is pretty meh. And I don't even see the through line here.

Am I so timid in my scum game that I would not be willing to place myself in the large pool? Or am I bold enough to bluff about my scum abilities, completely unprovoked - no one asked me about the sort, I dropped that line all on my own - I asked other people in our hood. The question came from me, and then no one even asked me, I volunteered my own answer. And then neither other hood mate brought it to the main thread, I did that myself too.

The emotion and energy you brought to the push yesterday felt very real, but I really expected you to come back and second guess it when you came back- but instead you are doubling down :/
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Prism »

...Is that supposed to be notscience or Luke?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Prism »

I'm assuming it's Luke.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Lukewarm »

It is Luke, I am in the middle of grabbing some things to post
Todoroki
Todoroki
Townie
Todoroki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Todoroki »

In post 522, Lukewarm wrote:It is Luke, I am in the middle of grabbing some things to post
oops
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Prism »

I was going to say hammer now if it was notscience but c'est la vie.

I don't see anything in that to respond to. I have been in the weeds enough. Responding to the third paragraph in particular would be an unparsable mess. It suffices for me to say: I think you come up with a reason to say you place yourself in 6 as scum, and I think you expect any scrutiny/pushback to be cursory rather than til death. I do not think it is particularly bold or requires great confidence to do so.

I'm not going down a rabbit hole where of course you don't say something that will get scrutiny from me unprompted, why would you do that, when my reaction was blatantly not anticipated and time has proven it was a death sentence after the fact.

Return to “Completed Open Games”