NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1317, Cephrir wrote:ircher at game start: super boring quote stripes
ircher under pressure looking like a likely lim: still super boring quote stripes
Idk if i should find it townie or scummy the lack of fucks given.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Roden feels town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Val89
Pretty meh so far. Somehow they tanked the slot even more for me.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m honestly pretty weirded out by both T3 and Dwlee lurking out and replacing.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Grendel can you explain your scumread of me in more detail.
I feel like your reads are genuine, but you may be missing the mark on me due to some other NAI reasons. So please elaborate.

- Bunno
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:01 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1215, Val89 wrote:I don't have a strong read on LLD at this point, but Greeting is one of my top two townreads
Nevermind, looking again, LLD is also pretty strongly town to me. I didn't realise the significance of the mod reaction first time around.

That makes Rodens claim that LLD and Greeting are unaligned even more ???.

@Roden: Like, dude, come on. I've seen your play and coming up with a read on such absolute nonsense is just so far out of the range, I think I must be missing something.

All I want is for you to explain the thinking there. At the moment it looks like very much like you pulled it out of your arse to fit a scum agenda. I think strongly that Greeting is town here, but I understand
why
people night have said Greetings play was surface level scummy, so a fake push there looks like where I might have gone as scum.

The more you bluster around and lean on your white knights and try and shade your accusers, instead of just explaining the logic there, the more it just looks like you've been caught with your trousers down with that - but everyone is allowed a off game every now and again, I guess.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1040, Galron wrote:The thing about ircher is that I hate multiquote when it's responding to more than one person. My eyes just glaze over. And it's difficult to quote snip. I've read through his two wall multi-quotes though and they're on point, just not a lot of depth. But that's pot and kettle.
While I feel like Ircher is scum, I am honor-bound to defend him on this point in spite of how it'd potentially weaken my standing in terms of pushing Ircher as scum, in that Ircher doing the multiquote with things that are on-point is actually his town meta.

It's just that him not having depth is still him being scum since the difference between town and scum is that town quotestripes and is onpoint with depth and Ircher as scum occasionally (but does not as consistently) quotestripes onpoint but lacks depth.

(Btw side-note, StD v Roden is pretty obviously TvT but I can't really go in as much depth as I'd prefer to there since I'm not sure I'll be able to get caught up yet alone be lucid. I'm running out of time tonight, both before I need sleep and in brain power.)
In post 1060, The Three Bears wrote:I'll do a readslist but I'm not as confident in some reads.
It's okay, you can borrow my confidence by sheeping me. <3
In post 1186, Save The Dragons wrote:that is one extremely non-controversial readslist
Disagree, it's got a couple of reads I'd call incredibly controversial:
In post 1184, The Three Bears wrote:
***Town***
Ceph
-
Mastina
***Scum***
:P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1252, Save The Dragons wrote:i think i slipped up too with noraa pronouns, i'm sorry
^
In post 1213, The Three Bears wrote:uhhh what is happening on this page?? If I'm reading this right and Mush is bullying the best faerie bear, HOW DARE YOU.
Mush v Flea is to me I'm not sure if it's hilarious or depressing as it's two plural people fighting each other when I'm pretty damn sure both are town now.
In post 1278, Grendel wrote:I think these early read lists of yours arent things you normally would elaborate on, but I'd really appreciate follow-up on Noree, and a range of confidence in that tr.
I have like a 66% ability to soulread Norwee.

As in, 2/3rds of the time, I can soulread Norwee--and even in the one third where I can't soulread Norwee, I can't get a read on Norwee.

So when I say Norwee is town here, without a doubt? It's the soulread in effect.

Why can I soulread Norwee? Fucked if I know, I legit have no clue why Norwee's the one player onsite that I have the soulread ability of in 2021-2022. But I can, and this is Norwee as town.

With very very high confidence.

I'll do my best to explain it when it's not 4 am and I have work the next day.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.6

"Something's coming... this threat... an attack... duty as Director... keep the Bureau safe..."

Ircher (5) - Lady Lambdadelta, MUSHSHAGANA, mastina, Roden, Save the Dragons
Grendel (4) - Tet, Ircher, Bell, Toogeloo
Arcade Pals (3) - The Three Bears, Andante, Cephrir
Roden (2) - Arcade Pals, Val89
Val89 (2) - Greeting, NorwegianboyEE
Greeting (2) - tictac, Grendel

Not voting (3) - Malakittens, Galron, TheWayItEnds

(expired on 2022-01-19 23:12:00) remain until day end

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to reach a majority.

Mastina is V/LA through January 13.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:26 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1355, Val89 wrote:
In post 1215, Val89 wrote:I don't have a strong read on LLD at this point, but Greeting is one of my top two townreads
Nevermind, looking again, LLD is also pretty strongly town to me. I didn't realise the significance of the mod reaction first time around.

@Roden: Like, dude, come on. I've seen your play and coming up with a read on such absolute nonsense is just so far out of the range, I think I must be missing something.

All I want is for you to explain the thinking there. At the moment it looks like very much like you pulled it out of your arse to fit a scum agenda. I think strongly that Greeting is town here, but I understand
why
people night have said Greetings play was surface level scummy, so a fake push there looks like where I might have gone as scum.

The more you bluster around and lean on your white knights and try and shade your accusers, instead of just explaining the logic there, the more it just looks like you've been caught with your trousers down with that - but everyone is allowed a off game every now and again, I guess.
Val...I
did
explain it. I've explained it several times now. I'm not going to do it again.

How is this the one and only thing that's managed to catch your attention, yet you somehow don't know that I've addressed it?
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:36 am

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 1274, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Shrike got shoved out of front by important dating things (I think the girl I'm dating might Get Me on a very deep level...I'm what is known as, technical term, Very Anxious about tomorrow's date) and I don't want to make time for them to post the requested reply, Flea. Sorry.

Fortunately, I can still help. To be clear, it's not the dissonance Shrike (or I) have problems with. It's that Noraa's is the ramshackle mess I expect from scum Noraa and yours is the tidy, well-organized uncontroversial stack of perfectly aligned 8x11 papers with the appropriate date, time, stamp of approval, wax seal and signature affixed to each that I cannot imagine you creating based on my knowledge of you, primarily based on the interactions I've had with you OOG and your Death Curse town play, and thus not appearing to come from you as town.

You don't look like you look when you're town or not playing, Noraa looks EXACTLY like she looks as scum. The apparent "dissonance" is therefore actually a consonance, at a higher level of understanding.
Fun fact about death curse, I was still in my first newbie game when I joined that, DC was my first large and with all the big names and personalities in here, well you know how anxiety goes. Hell I was even scared of Nora :P
In post 1357, mastina wrote:Mush v Flea is to me I'm not sure if it's hilarious or depressing as it's two plural people fighting each other when I'm pretty damn sure both are town now.
Biggest difference is GHOST and Shrike are being open about who is doing what, where from us it's a combination of 3 who are keeping quiet, though we all have our tells :3

-Pinkie, Perkie and Persephonie :P
a beary good hydra \o/
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:46 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1359, Roden wrote:How is this the one and only thing that's managed to catch your attention
I've already explained that it isn't. I'm not going to explain
yet again
to you or anyone else.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:50 am

In post 1259, Save The Dragons wrote:i dunno somehow there's like 7 scum
been sitting on this one but screw it...

Anyone else think 7 scum is a weird thing to point out? Like unless I've missed a trick I can't find where the scum numbers are said anywhere and that seems really weighted

-Pinkie, NARF!
a beary good hydra \o/
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1315, Bell wrote:
In post 1310, Galron wrote:Heya Grendel

Andante is town
Is andante bad scum?
This game? If she's scum she'd not bad if that's what you're asking. If you're asking for a meta read, please don't.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Legitimately scary to be scanning through in the early morning and catch Flea calling me by an old nom de guerre. I had to check post history and logs. I'm Curse, by the way (and that's actually my real and legal first name now), but GhostQlyph is an old username of mine, one of a small batch (including CHOLERA!, haloGen, null & void, ALTERANT) that were/are used almost exclusively for trolling purposes.

You're a newer player, Flea? Somehow that blows my mind. Honestly. You do not have the energy at all.

I'm promising myself right now that I'm not going to comment on anything else. I need to pack a day bag and make ready all my stuff, this game is a distraction I don't need right now. If you see me post again just hurl rocks or something.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1361, Val89 wrote:
In post 1359, Roden wrote:How is this the one and only thing that's managed to catch your attention
yet again
to you or anyone else.
No, you didn't. You never addressed that until just now, and your takes are indeed scarce.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1361, Val89 wrote:I'm not going to explain yet again to you
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Roden »

Spoiler: Val's ISO
In post 1199, Val89 wrote:Hi all.

Finished my first read through.

VOTE: Roden
In post 522, Roden wrote:Additionally, I don't think Greeting and LLD are aligned, and since I town read LLD I have to give Greeting the boot.
Put me down as another player who would like an actual explanation as to this.
In post 1215, Val89 wrote:
In post 1208, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm still sus (that means i think you're scum, Roden) on Roden but i think we've milked this stone for all the blood it's going to give
See, the problem is I usually find Roden to match my mental model of what town play looks like, and has escaped me as scum on more than one occasion. To see Roden play that feels as scummy as this is weird, I don't know how else to describe it.

The main problem is this LLD/Greeting unalignment issue. I don't have a strong read on LLD at this point, but Greeting is one of my top two townreads (STD being the other) from my first read through, and I don't see any reasonable basis for concluding any associative between the two, and the explaination given is no explaination at all.

I get the impression that the way Roden is trying to deal with this is a kind of treat the whole accusation as silly and anyone asking about it as being worthy of shade, and hope it'll all blow over, which it kindof has. I hoping that by continuing to bring attention back around to it, and hammer than it's not just you thinking that way, that Roden might hopefully be forced to abandon that approach.

TLDR: I'm going to continue at least attempting to milk here. I think it'll prove worth the effort one way or another.
In post 1241, Val89 wrote:This is the first game I've played featuring hydra, and I'm struggling to get a handle on how to approach them.

Which one of the three bears goes by faer?

why

In post 1361, Val89 wrote:
yet again
to you or anyone else.

Like can you show me where you've argued against the accusation I made? You also claimed to have read the whole game, yet you only have three town reads and one scum read. All based on a couple exchanges that happened 30+ pages ago.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:20 am

In post 1364, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Legitimately scary to be scanning through in the early morning and catch Flea calling me by an old nom de guerre. I had to check post history and logs. I'm Curse, by the way (and that's actually my real and legal first name now), but GhostQlyph is an old username of mine, one of a small batch (including CHOLERA!, haloGen, null & void, ALTERANT) that were/are used almost exclusively for trolling purposes.

You're a newer player, Flea? Somehow that blows my mind. Honestly. You do not have the energy at all.

I'm promising myself right now that I'm not going to comment on anything else. I need to pack a day bag and make ready all my stuff, this game is a distraction I don't need right now. If you see me post again just hurl rocks or something.
I played a bit around 2010/11-ish and wasn't much good at it then either :P I also have occasionally stupid levels of confidence and big JOAT energy, like it happens IRL as well. [this is a whole vent i'm not dumping in here xD]

I have no idea where Ghost come from but it got lodged in instead of CURSE, I assume pokémon brain kicked in and equated curse to being an amazing ghost type move.

Anyway, go forth, pack, have fun <3 will see you later :D

-Piknie
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:21 am

Val you had any luck interpreting any hydras yet?

-Kiepin
a beary good hydra \o/
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 am

Post by tictac »

weird how few votes on roden despite people arguing 4 it so loudly.

what is the wagon on grendel even about?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1367, Roden wrote:Like can you show me where you've argued against the accusation I made?
Only in the same sense you could show me where you explained why LLD and Greeting are unaligned.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1371, Val89 wrote:
In post 1367, Roden wrote:Like can you show me where you've argued against the accusation I made?
Only in the same sense you could show me where you explained why LLD and Greeting are unaligned.
In post 1085, Roden wrote:
In post 1080, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 522, Roden wrote:Additionally, I don't think Greeting and LLD are aligned, and since I town read LLD I have to give Greeting the boot.
just explain this and i'll unvote you
I half said that because of their interactions, and half said that just to see what others thought.

Why would you unvote me for this specific explanation?
In post 1100, Roden wrote:
In post 1092, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1090, Roden wrote:
In post 1086, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1085, Roden wrote:I half said that because of their interactions, and half said that just to see what others thought.
will you elaborate
...About what?
can you go into more detail about what you just said
Uhhh...I don't know what else to say.
In post 1106, Roden wrote:
In post 1101, Save The Dragons wrote:is this just a failure of communication

roden if i called you sus and organized what do you think that would mean
I don't think it is? I don't know if you expected a more complex answer but there wasn't anything else to my thought process.
Interesting that I have to ISO both of us, and in under two minutes I can find the answer you're looking for while proving your answer doesn't exist.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 1369, The Three Bears wrote:Val you had any luck interpreting any hydras yet?

-Kiepin
Something feels off with you bears, but I'm struggling to articulate what exactly it is, and I'm wondering if I simply struggling to get a handle on how to deal with a hyrda in general rather than evidence of scumminess on your part.

The fact that, for instance, I'm struggling to figure out which of the heads 'Kiepin' relates to, despite the earlier explanation, isn't helping matters.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

why

Oh no, when this person takes up the crusade I dislike it
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”