ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:40 am

Post by ribwich »

al4xz wrote:I was looking for a over-the-rooftops explosion from Juls, or something along those lines. Something involving attention shifting from Juls. Seeing as I didn't get any reaction (or very little), I decided to call off my little bluff.
I'm not really surprised at all that it didn't work, but I can see what you were trying to do. The problem is that the people that did notice pretty much only saw that as you making a meaningless vote, and if Juls saw it before you explained she probably just assumed it wasn't even worth responding to.
Der Hammer wrote:There is nothing behind it. He's deluded. Clear scumtells
If by clear scumtells you were referring to that OMGUS you just did, plus the unprovoked vanilla townie claim and statement that we should look elsewhere, then I agree. Those do look like clear scumtells.

I still think Scheherazade is suspicious, but you look even scummier in my eyes.
Unvote: Scheherazade Vote: Der Hammer
Gerrendus
Gerrendus
Townie
Gerrendus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Gerrendus »

Scheherazade wrote:Why? His entire case comes down to "All attempts to convince me that it couldn't have been at all about rolefishing have failed - it could have been a very subtle catalyst of a gigantic rolefish. You also know that only scum rolefish, and want all of us to believe it too. Putting that all together is a bad combination for you."
This is true his case may be based upon what he perceives as rolefishing; however, he was not the first one to realize that you were rolefishing. While Caboose may have pardoned you for rolefishing, originally, claiming inexperience as the reason for the pardoning we since learned you aren't inexperienced and thus should know better about discussing the setup.
Scheherazade wrote: So he suspects me because:

a) I haven't proved the accusation of role-fishing absolutely wrong beyond the dim light of his suspicion.
Well obviously nothing can be proven for 100%, this is a case of reasonable doubt. It may have been a day since I read it but I don't specifically recall you making much more than a meek "it's not rolefishing" argument.
Scheherazade wrote: b) He thinks that "I'm not a complete newb, so don't excuse me on that account" is the same as saying "I'm a mafia guru," and therefore he can't exclude the possibility that I'm really masterminding some massive gambit against you all.
Nothing he wrote looked to me like he was calling a mafia guru. He did bring up the point that you have experience. If you have experience playing the game and a good mind you don't have to be a guru to plan a massive gambit. He suggested the possibility of some subtle embeded rolefishing in there. Experience doesn't suggest guru, it suggests experience which gives you the tools to plan something as more than he would expect from the average newb.
Scheherazade wrote: c) He can't see my motive (that's why he keeps having to provide his own fantasies).
Please tell me even one person whose motives you see? That's the point is that you don't know anyone else's motive. And a personal attack is a logical fallacy.
Scheherazade wrote: d) I dismiss an early claim of role-fishing by pointing out that I asked about anti-town players.
You asked about other possible killing roles. I'll grant that some of these are anti-town yes, but you did name pro-town roles:
Scheherazade wrote:Who could have killed the scum player, out of curiosity? Wracking my brain, a serial killer, an
insane/CPR doctor
, a
vigilante-type
or a different faction of scum come to mind.
(Bolded to pick out pro-town roles). While an insane/CPR doctor may harm the town they could still save a life (granted it is a small chance with the CPR doc) they are still pro-town. And Vigilante's are usually pro-town I believe. Although as previously pointed out the vigilante would have no motives to attack N1. The weak doctor most likely died protecting an anti-town. You your argument that you "asked about anti-town players only" and thus your rolefishing was innocent is flawed.
Scheherazade wrote: e) I say that role-fishing's a bad idea.
Obviously you don't agree though, because you persisted in wanting to talk about the setup and while I may be misreading the next part of your post it appears that you still want to be talking about the setup.
Scheherazade wrote: Essentially, he hasn't addressed the fact that I wanted to talk about setup,
The part I'm reffering to above which seems you want to still talk about the setup. Although I could be misreading it and it's actually a logical fallacy via the form of a (subtle) personal attack. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though.
Scheherazade wrote: he's provided his own shaky motives for me,
While you have provided virtually none in your own defense. And realize here that all motives at this stage are relatively shaky.
Scheherazade wrote: he's flat out misread several statements of mine,
You make this claim yet again (you made it immediately following his post). Yet you do not elaborate as to which statements he has misread or try to correct those statements?
Scheherazade wrote: and he thinks that it's scummy to say "role-fishing is bad, except when it's scum you're outing."
I think his main argument is that role-fishing in general is bad because while you may start out fishing for the scum: A)No scum worth his salt is going to come out and claim he's scum. B)Role-fishing for scum as it were is very easy for the scum to turn into role-fishing for town. Or at least it's very easy for the scum to pick out the town from the discussion.
Scheherazade wrote: So, if you expect me to prove beyond a doubt that 100% honest about everything I've posted before you'll consider not voting for me, then I guess I deserve your vote.
I believe everyone here understands that 100% is impossible this early in the game, but I think we do believe you to convincingly prove the point.

Scheherazade wrote: So, if you think that I'm truly some amazing mafia player who's secretly trying to deceive all of you, then I guess I deserve your vote.
I addressed this earlier. You may not be amazing but you do have experience which provides you the ability to make a plan.

Scheherazade wrote: So, if you think his motives are more likely than the ones I provided, my real motives, then I guess I deserve your vote.
Really this is the only thing that we have to base our votes on right now is whose motives seem more likely. I can't recall a single motive you've provided other than "You're misreading my posts" (With no evidence provided).
Scheherazade wrote: So, if you think it's role-fishing to speculate about the setup of the anti-town factions and to point out that there might be an anti-town doctor, then I guess I deserve your vote.
It's been pointed out before that it is rather easy to convert the role-fishing into role-fishing for the scum. Also, the doctor is still pro-town but you are right that provided there is anotehr doctor, he/she does need to consider the possibility that they are insane in some capacity and plan accordingly.
Scheherazade wrote: So, if you role-fishing's a good idea for mafia in my circumstances, then I guess I deserve your vote.
I may be mis-interpreting this but role-fishing is usually only beneficial to mafia as no one in the mafia would reveal their affiliation and the town may be tricked into it easier.
Scheherazade wrote: If, however, you're more interested in finding mafia than evaluating the semantics of a statement that initially aroused suspicion from only one player,
So we shouldn't analyze the semantics of posts? What do you suggest we base our votes on then? Since we don't have a voting record for this game to go off of yet?

Scheherazade wrote: but was correctly identified by other experience players as speculation about the setup, if you honestly think that Percy didn't jump on a bandwagon (he didn't vote until after I had two votes and a "FoS" and when he voted he said that he suspected my initial post after having ignored it for three pages),
I would like to point out that between the beginning of the game and percy's voting for you he made a single post on the second page. (The first page contained his confirmation). So your argument taht he ignored it for three pages really isn't valid.

Scheherazade wrote: if you think that Percy has posted more than misreadings and weakly disguised "if I were scum" logic, then maybe you'll quit calling on me to opine on the dead horse that's attracted flies.
I grant taht some things percy posted may have been misreadings, but I can't really judge that for sure unless you point out what these misreadings are. All I hear about are "you're misreading my posts" but you don't enlighten us as to which posts and how we are misreading them, except to make the single claim "I was role-fishing for scum" I stand by my vote for you at present but if you can provide convincing arguments then I may possibly shift my vote to Der, because that last post by him does spark some suspicion on my part. But I simply cannot do it without something to give me more to go on than my hunches.

@rib:
I feel the need to point out that his vanilla townie claim came in defense to strife's declaring him as part of a scumpair with scheh. But you are correct in that it was still unproviked.
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

Disclaimer:
I apologise in advance to everybody for the length of the following. This is a more exhaustive explanation of Percy's mistakes in reading my posts (and his own, in one case) and in constructing a case against me. Most of it is self-evident. If you disagree with me that Percy has self-evident misreadings and mistakes, then consider reading the following. If not, feel free to scroll on by.

@Gerrendus:

My opening post:
Scheherazade wrote:Who could have killed the scum player, out of curiosity? Wracking my brain, a serial killer, an insane/CPR doctor, a vigilante-type or a different faction of scum come to mind.

Percy's post defending his vote, not his vote post:
Percy wrote:Your post reads like a rolefishing post...
This is a misreading. See below.

(By the way, this is the first time he's said so and he only says it when he has to defend his vote, not when he casts it. The fact that he thinks I was role-fishing is essential to his later case, but he doesn't think to say so until this post. That's what I meant. He'd posted twice, not once, between my opening post and his accusation of role-fishing. I know what you're saying, but while you're pointing to the fact that he only posts once between my post and his vote, I'm pointing to the fact that he posts twice between my post and mentioning this, and one of those posts contained his vote, which makes it even worse in my mind. He didn't say that my post affected his vote until after the time he actually cast the vote.)

Me, in response to accusations that my opening post was role-fishing:
Scheherazade wrote:I think the biggest source of confusion over my post is the use of the word "who." By "who," I meant, "what faction/role" as clearly evidenced by the following sentence, where I list possible "who"s.
Percy, after either failing to read or simply not addressing my above explanation of my opening post:
Percy wrote:This seems like an attempt to start a conversation about who could have killed the scum player, and a happy side effect was that an insane/CPR doc scenario would be talked about.
I'll use an analogy. It's akin to me asking "Who believes in limited government? Republicans and Libertarians come to mind" and someone saying "This seems like an attempt to start a conversation about people's political beliefs."

Why is this important? Because I was discussing setup, not role-fishing (I disagree with most of the players here in that I think it does benefit town to discuss setup in a limited way, i.e. in figuring out what sort of scum we should be looking for; in addition, it tends to lead to discussion useful for actually scum-hunting; I've let it drop because most people here don't like it, not because I "know better" now). You understand the difference, right? Role-fishing wants "what players have what power roles" and setup discussion wants "what power roles are in play?" (I ask because you use the two interchangeably when addressing my point 'e')(and while I'm on the subject, I don't see how my remark "he hasn't addressed the fact that I wanted to talk about setup" could be read as a personal attack)

And why was I discussing setup? For two reasons:
Scheherazade wrote:Sorry, I thought the advantage in alerting possible insane/CPR doctors to their condition and the advantage given by trying to open up the game, so that we don't all assume something [outweighed the risks].
(Note: I've had a fever of 103F and I can't shake it. For that reason, I've been omitting words from my sentences by mistake. However, my problem is with omissions, not with writing things for no reason. So, Percy, don't use it as an excuse to disregard entire sentences and posts.)

If there's still any doubt, let me restate. My motive in my opening post was to talk about the set-up. Why talk about set-up? Because I wanted to prevent us from making any assumptions about the composition of the anti-town forces, which would impact our later ability to scum-hunt effectively and because I wanted to alert any doctors reading that if their target died N1, they might want to consider the possibility that they're insane/CPR. And my underlying reason was my conviction that discussion of the set-up leads to fruitful conversation and is a good way to trick scum into slipping by revealing they have too much information about the set-up. I did not state before the underlying reason. The rest, I've said in my posts.

Percy responded:
Percy wrote:The defence seems to be that he was pointing out that there could be an insane doc, but I feel that was not the point of his post.
Actually, the second half of the statement is correct. The primary purpose was starting discussion of the set-up. The confusion comes from this post:
Scheherazade wrote:Role fishing for scum is scum-hunting, isn't it? And identifying the serial killer, if we have one, benefits town because he's going to kill us, too.

Mostly it was to point out to any doctors who may have defended one of the deceased that they might not be entirely sane. It doesn't require that they role-claim, just that they consider the possibility that they're insane before they go about protecting town.
I was unclear here, because I thought something was obvious. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't role-fishing, so I made a half-joke about role-fishing for scum (note, I have never anywhere even hinted that I asked ONLY about anti-town players, Gerrendus). The logic was this:

If my opening post was role-fishing for doctors or vigilantes, then it must also be role-fishing for serial killers and mafia (scum), because I gave all four the same treatment. If you call what I was doing role-fishing, then you must admit that I was role-fishing for mafia as well as pro-town. If I were role-fishing for mafia, then it was equally pro-town because it was scum-hunting as well as role-fishing.

I thought the conclusion so absurd, I made a joke about it. Having dealt with the broader accusation "this is role-fishing" I focused on the part I knew strife meant, the mentioning of the insane/CPR doctors. I didn't explicitly state this thought process. I thought that anybody reading would understand why I would move to address my mentioning the pro-town roles at all.

I pointed out the advantage to even mentioning insane/CPR doctors: to alert them. Personally, I thought mentioning their existence as part of the set-up was less likely to evoke a "gee, that's me!" from someone than saying "doctors, consider that you might not be sane." Sure, if this were the primary purpose of my post, then I'd have used something like Percy's suggestion. I posted to open up discussion of setup.

In reference to the two explicit reasons why I introduced setup discussion, Percy writes:
Percy wrote:With the first option, you're saying "whoops, I didn't mean to rolefish."
No, I wasn't role-fishing. Maybe the word which implied Percy's reading was "sorry." I meant, and perhaps should have said explicitly, "sorry for introducing set-up discussion." I thought that my intention was obvious because I was responding to the preceding post, where strife says "We probably don't want to look over the fact that discussing the set-up is in now way beneficial to town at this point." Is it illogical to assume that someone reading this thread would know that I was writing "sorry" in response to the preceding post? strife attacked me for trying to discuss set up and mentioned the post where I tried to discuss set up. There was nothing else to say "sorry" to.

Scheherazade wrote:This is true: I've played before in real life. However, I think Caboose was the only person who explicitly based his non-vote on my inexperience. Anybody else who's made mention to the comment seems to think it's not role-fishing or anti-town for different reasons. If they simply lied about their reasons and indeed let me off because of my join date, then let them reconsider here.
Percy wrote:Hence, I thought your claim to experience was sound, thus the second reading of the above. Hence the vote.
First, this.

Actually, there isn't really a second, except to point out that a post whose message was "give me no quarter" was interpreted as a claim to experience. As I've "claimed experience," his entire reading of me changes. He thinks it's an ego thing and it seems to me like he's trying to punish me for being "egotistical" in saying "I've played before in real life."

Percy wrote:You just wanted to talk about crazy doctors, and I think that is rolefishing.
Nope, not at all. If he'd taken the time to look, I only mentioned doctors in response to a question or accusation. (strife, Vi, strife again, Percy, and now you) This is one example of him ignoring my stated and demonstrated motives in favour of his own ideas. Yes, I know you can't ever know 100% somebody's motives, especially in mafia, but providing motives in direct contradiction to the facts is indicative of unfamiliarity with those facts (and a fantasy, the product of the imagination...my use of the word had nothing to do with attacking anybody).

Percy wrote:At the very least, [his opening post] would be a good way for someone scummy to throw people off track, with townies trying to figure out who the Doc-That-Kills-People-And-Doesn't-Know-It-Yet is rather than who the scum are.
Scheherazade wrote:As for the red herring argument, it's obvious that such a search would be useless. Only idiotic townies would ignore scum-hunting for the sake of identifying a town power role, which can only really be done to a certainty by the power role himself. In order for a diversion effectively influence people, it has to seem more tantalising than their original object.
Percy wrote:Again, what I hear is "This plan would not give definitive proof." The fact that another townie said this:

'have I missed something or is their a reason why insane doctor has even been mentioned yet'

might indicate to you that your plan simply (or at least mostly) to "alert the people and not have it be talked about" had failed. Not only that, you say it can't be done to a certainty; well, of course that's true. This is mafia. Again, you say it would be an ineffective plan, but that doesn't mean it wasn't rolefishing.
He goes from saying "even if it's not role-fishing, at least it's a plan to divert the town from scum-hunting" to "diversion may be a stupid idea, but that doesn't mean it isn't role-fishing." I think the misreading here is of his own post... Now, the only way the interpretation "this plan would not give definitive proof" even remotely resembles what was said is if the proof is proof of my guilt. I was actually refuting his words "at the very least, [his opening post] would be a good way for someone scummy to throw people off track." It wouldn't be a good way, I was saying. It had nothing to do with proving my innocence. I was just pointing out that he'd said something wrong.

Of course, he takes a single remark made by Der Hammer as "evidence" that I'd failed to craft a statement that would not lead to discussion of the doctors in the game. This statement is a misreading for a couple reasons. I never said that talking about insane/CPR doctors in the course of discussing set-up was contrary to my purposes. Never. Furthermore, Der Hammer asked a question that could have been answered by reading the thread. It's silly to say that my post was the reason why he asked a question with an obvious answer.

(Gerrendus, I didn't mean to imply that we shouldn't evaluate semantics; I meant that evaluating semantics ought to be a means to identify scum, not something desirable in itself, a conviction the hints of which I see in Percy's posts)

In the five sentences, he has four statements, beginning with the words "Again, what," "The fact," "Not only," and "Again, you." I've addressed the fact that the first two were misreadings, it would seem. The third is an agreement with me, it seems, that the plan he accused me of pursuing is ineffective. But, he says in the fourth statement, the ineffectiveness of the diversion plan doesn't preclude role-fishing. This argument, aside from having continuity flaws between statements two and three, not only ignores what I said in my post but also what he thought I said. In his posts, he show that he thinks I said that because the diversion plan is ineffective, it wouldn't provide adequately damning evidence against me. He admits that it's ineffective but then proceeds to throw the entire discussion of the diversion plan out. I admit, it's rather inscrutable to me. The only way this really makes sense is if he's conceding that the diversion plan is a silly accusation and tries to refocus on the role-fishing thrust of his argument. It's phrased to look like he's won an argument "you say it would be an ineffective plan, but that doesn't mean it wasn't rolefishing" when in fact he's admitted that it would be an ineffective plan. It would have been more honest to write, "yes, I know that it's an ineffective plan, but that fact doesn't mean that you didn't role-fish." This entire segment of the argument is a mess.

Scheherazade wrote:...
If, however, you feel less than motivated to think about what you're reading,
you might stop at the word "who" and assume that I meant "what player or players" by saying "who"...
But it's obnoxious
that people would post without reading carefully, much less vote.
Percy wrote:Also, dismissive parts bolded. It's really not that I'm offended, it just seems like you're not willing to defend yourself with logic, you're just trying to intimidate me.
Again, if I were trying to be dismissive I'd have written "read the damned thread" as another player here has rather than say "it's obnoxious that people would post without reading carefully..." I wasn't referring only to him, so don't accuse me of trying to simply hide behind the word "people," and I said it to say in stronger terms "read more carefully, please." In writing "if...you feel less than motivated to think about what you're reading..." I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, not being dismissive. I think it's much less dismissive to say what amounts to "I think you haven't felt like thinking hard about this" than to say something like "you're incapable of thinking hard about this" or "you're deliberately not thinking about this," both of which would be dismissive and, I hope, untrue. This entire post is dedicated to what I mean when I say he's not reading as carefully as he could and not thinking as clearly as would benefit the town. Saying that I'm trying to "intimidate" him is absurd. What in that was menacing?

Percy's is a systematic misreading based on the initial misreading of my opening post. Without the single initial misreading of my opening post, his case is as sturdy as a trampoline made of matchsticks. Jump up and down on it a few times. Its flaws combined with the fact that he borrowed his reading of my initial post from strife220 and his delay in voting for me makes me think his motives are less than pure.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:good start with the goon being killed.
My new #2 scum suspect. Sheh + Der = scumpair.
Hmm, thats exactly the sort of reaction I was probing for.
Your my new #4 scum suspect.
So wait, are you saying you did something deliberately scummy to see who would call you on it, and that anyone who does so is suspicious?
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer

Also, if strife is #4, who are the first three?
Yeah, my post was an attempt at humour. I had one post where I commented that it was good for the town that a member of the mafia had died, and someone acted as if that was a huge slip-up and made me his number 2 suspect with a post that stunk of self-satisfaction so I did the same.

I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
I'm still unclear. Your rebuttal to my comment was completely sarcastic? "That's the sort of reaction I was probing for" never actually had meaning at all, and your original comment ("good job killing scum") was sincere and not made in attempt to scum-hunt?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Caboose »

Der Hammer wrote:I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
Who else besides me doesn't like these two sentences?

[quote="Vi]@Caboose: 81 is the new 89. Didn't you read that in the wiki?
"Based on your last post", in other words.
Caboose wrote:My point was just that the fact that you're newer to the site makes the argument of role fishing a little weaker to me, because you're exactly how I was when I came to this site (and I wasn't scum in my first game, either).

In light of this, who is then scummiest?[/quote]

It's hard to say this early, I'm still catching up on reading the super mega posts that precede this post.
TAX
TAX
Goon
TAX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by TAX »

Why?
Also if you have two players you find suspicious, then why didn't you vote one of them instead of another random vote. You gave your (bad in my opinion) reasons for not voting Scheza, but why didn't you vote Der Hammer?
This is the thing that first made me suspicious of him.
Who could have killed the scum player, out of curiosity? Wracking my brain, a serial killer, an insane/CPR doctor, a vigilante-type or a different faction of scum come to mind.

It seem to me, that narrowing down which role did it would be more beneficial for the mafia. But I did not find him very suspicious it could have been just a slip up. On the part about no wanting to vote for him because of the vote already for him, I think being at L-3is a lot of vote considering how many people we have, but we clearly have different opinions of what a lot is. Now moving on the reason I didn't vote for Dhammer at the time of my second random vote was because i did not find him suspicious at the time, I did not find him suspicious until after that vote.
^ I believe Socrates once said that.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Juls »

Lots...of...words...
al4xz 123 wrote: I was looking for a over-the-rooftops explosion from Juls, or something along those lines.
Sorry to disappoint. Between the time you made your vote against me and the time I got home from class iamusername made his point that hit the nail on the head for me and I realized the appropriate thing to do was stand by my suspicions. There was no reason to argue with anyone who voted for me previously because they were right.
Scheherazade wrote: If my opening post was role-fishing for doctors or vigilantes, then it must also be role-fishing for serial killers and mafia (scum), because I gave all four the same treatment. If you call what I was doing role-fishing, then you must admit that I was role-fishing for mafia as well as pro-town. If I were role-fishing for mafia, then it was equally pro-town because it was scum-hunting as well as role-fishing.
So you are saying if you were scum you would have not talked about the anti-town roles at all? The fact you talk about giving all four equal treatment indicates to me that you had forethought and intent. Would a scum not include all four as well?
Scheherazade wrote: First, this.
This asks for a user name and password. What was it?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

@Juls: Well, people asked for them.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all there. It was mostly beside the point, anyway. Hm. Okay, let me try again:

If my post were role-fishing, then it would have to be role-fishing by virtue of what I said.
If I said the same things about doctors and anti-town roles, then either I was role-fishing for both or neither.
If I was role-fishing for both, then the post was both pro-town and anti-town.

It's a silly aside, which, as anyone here taking it seriously will probably point out before too long, is broken if it's meant to be deceptive. I only mentioned it because I made a half-joke about it to strife220. I made the joke because I only took his accusation semi-seriously--I honestly thought it was silly to think my opening post had anything to do with role-fishing. However, my joke to him was misinterpreted, so in the above post I had to explain the absurd logic running through my mind when I made it. It's not an argument at all in defence of myself. Rather, it's an explanation of a statement I made.

Sorry about that last. It's a link to the O.E.D. definition of the word 'hence.'
Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition wrote: hence, adv.

I. Of place.

1. (Away) from here, from this place; to a distance.

b. At a distance from here; away.

c. with redundant from ({dag}fro).

2. with ellipsis of vb. of motion, chiefly as a command: hence! go hence, depart. hence with: go away with, take away.

3. spec. From this world, from this life.

{dag}b. Elsewhere (than in this world); in the next world. Obs.

II. Of time.

4. From this time onward, henceforward, henceforth. Also with from ({dag}fro). arch. and poet.

{dag}b. (At some time in the past reckoned) from now; in quot. 1393 = since, ago. Obs. rare.

c. (At some time in the future) from now.

III. Of issue, result, consequence, etc.

5. From this, as a source or origin.

b. from ({dag}of) hence: from this world.

6. (As a result) from this fact or circumstance. Also with from.

7. (As an inference) from this fact or circumstance; from these premisses or data; for this reason; therefore.

IV. 8. Comb. a. with n., as hence-departure, -going; b. with pa. pple., as hence-brought, -got, etc.; hence-meant, intended, purposed, or planned from this place. Obs. or arch.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Percy »

Sheherazade 120 wrote:I know what sort of person Percy is.
Ha!

Here's my vote post:
Percy 85 wrote:
strife220 wrote:My vote on Scheher is non-random
Scheherazade wrote: Who could have killed the scum player, out of curiosity? Wracking my brain, a serial killer, an insane/CPR doctor, a vigilante-type or a different faction of scum come to mind.
I think scum would be more likely to say this than town, and I'm surprised nobody seems to agree.
I agree. The defence seems to be that he was pointing out that there could be an insane doc, but I feel that was not the point of his post. At the very least, it would be a good way for someone scummy to throw people off track, with townies trying to figure out who the Doc-That-Kills-People-And-Doesn't-Know-It-Yet is rather than who the scum are.

Vote: Scheherazade
See that? I'm accusing you of rolefishing in the guise of talking about set up. I'm saying that your tactic would make people attempt to identify who the doctors are, not just their existence, in that it would make people talk about doctors and their powers. Clues and tells could fall out, aiding the scumteam.

My next post goes on to continue that theme. And the next one. Stop trying to make me sound inconsistent without better evidence.
Sheherazade 127 wrote:I'll use an analogy. It's akin to me asking "Who believes in limited government? Republicans and Libertarians come to mind" and someone saying "This seems like an attempt to start a conversation about people's political beliefs."
Indeed. Perhaps the conversation would turn to the differences between Libertarians and Republicans. And then we'd go into depth about Libertarian reasoning, and what people know about Libertarians. If you were a Libertarian and were trying to conceal it, this would be a dangerous conversation for you. It's a scum tactic, in my mind, to get people to talk about their roles. As I quoted in my PBPA, I gave you an example of how to inform but not start rolefishing. You didn't do that. You decided to combine the goals of "inform" and "talk about setup" together, which is a bad move - I think it's rolefishing.
Sheherazade 127 wrote:
Scheherazade's clarification wrote:Scheherazade wrote:
Sorry, I thought the advantage in alerting possible insane/CPR doctors to their condition and the advantage given by trying to open up the game, so that we don't all assume something [outweighed the risks].
(Note: I've had a fever of 103F and I can't shake it. For that reason, I've been omitting words from my sentences by mistake. However, my problem is with omissions, not with writing things for no reason. So, Percy, don't use it as an excuse to disregard entire sentences and posts.)
I did not disregard anything. Your clarification is exactly the same, in meaning, to my second reading. Also, check out how you acknowledged that it was risky, because it could lead to rolefishing,
and that you knew about it before you did it

Also, would you mind if I use the "I have a fever" excuse to get you to read my post in the way that you want me to sometime later in the game? How could I know about your illness? Your argument is ridiculous.
Scheherazade 127 wrote:If you call what I was doing role-fishing, then you must admit that I was role-fishing for mafia as well as pro-town. If I were role-fishing for mafia, then it was equally pro-town because it was scum-hunting as well as role-fishing.
I agree that you were looking for personal comments on who had what roles. Your post works much better as a scum rolefish than a town one, simply because "I bet the mafia or a serial killer did it!" is going to illicit zero response, but "I bet an insane doc or a vigilante did it!" is going to start some conversations. Putting the two together doesn't excuse you. Your post was not both pro- and anti-town, it was just plain anti-town.

What it comes down to is that you did not trust the player base to make good decisions, so you wanted to warn them. Your warning was poorly formulated and was in fact rolefishing. As you keep insisting that you
didn't
make a mistake, I conclude that you're scum.

With my first reading, I was trying to interpret your poorly formed sentence. I know what your "sorry meant", and yes, it was very clear from the context who you were apologising to and what you were apologising for. You claim that the first reading was wrong, and have confirmed that the second is in fact true. This is a non-issue.
Sheherazade 127 wrote:He thinks it's an ego thing and it seems to me like he's trying to punish me for being "egotistical" in saying "I've played before in real life."
I think you're egotistical because you're overly aggressive, overly defensive, dismissive and rude. I think you're experienced, because you've claimed to be experienced ever since someone brought it up. Linking me to a dictionary (and a broken link at that)? Don't be a jerk.
Sheherazade 127 wrote:Furthermore, Der Hammer asked a question that could have been answered by reading the thread. It's silly to say that my post was the reason why he asked a question with an obvious answer.
You brought up the subject. He talked about it. I don't know how much clearer it could get.

If you are scum and decided that you wanted to try rolefishing, I think the
plan
you employed is good because it's a subtle rolefish. Even now, most people are not convinced, you've got a lot of cover and probably won't get lynched. It might not give you
good results
, it might even be rather ineffective at giving you results, but it
could
give you results if it worked just right. Worth a try, perhaps.

It's true that I voted for you after strife pointed out that you were rolefishing. I didn't have a clear idea of what it was,
because I'm inexperienced
, so I did some reading and came to the conclusion that strife was right, and that rolefishing was bad. (As an inference) from this fact or circumstance; from these premisses [sic] or data; for this reason; therefore, the vote.

I think you might have simply made a mistake, but your dogged insistence that you didn't means my vote stays were it is.

And finally, I don't think the "everyone's misreading me but I won't say how" "I'm too awesome to defend myself" "here's a link to a dictionary" "no-one reads my posts and that makes anyone who disagrees with me STUPID" arguments you've been making are productive
at all
. You're not being co-operative, you're not helping the town and that makes me even more suspicious.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:03 am

Post by Der Hammer »

strife220 wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:good start with the goon being killed.
My new #2 scum suspect. Sheh + Der = scumpair.
Hmm, thats exactly the sort of reaction I was probing for.
Your my new #4 scum suspect.
So wait, are you saying you did something deliberately scummy to see who would call you on it, and that anyone who does so is suspicious?

Also, if strife is #4, who are the first three?
Yeah, my post was an attempt at humour. I had one post where I commented that it was good for the town that a member of the mafia had died, and someone acted as if that was a huge slip-up and made me his number 2 suspect with a post that stunk of self-satisfaction so I did the same.

I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
I'm still unclear. Your rebuttal to my comment was completely sarcastic? "That's the sort of reaction I was probing for" never actually had meaning at all, and your original comment ("good job killing scum") was sincere and not made in attempt to scum-hunt?
Yes, completely sarcastic. The original comment I made was completely sincere, and mere commentary on the start of the game since I was in a rush, and just wanted to post my first post of the game before people accused me of lurking. I reacted badly to your initial misjudging of my statement and acted childishly. It end of esuclated from there really, and its interesting to see who has jumped on my bandwagon..
You used to be alright
What happened?
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Scheherazade »

Percy wrote:
Percy wrote:I agree. The defence seems to be that he was pointing out that there could be an insane doc, but I feel that was not the point of his post. At the very least, it would be a good way for someone scummy to throw people off track, with townies trying to figure out who the Doc-That-Kills-People-And-Doesn't-Know-It-Yet is rather than who the scum are.
See that? I'm accusing you of rolefishing in the guise of talking about set up. I'm saying that your tactic would make people attempt to identify who the doctors are, not just their existence, in that it would make people talk about doctors and their powers. Clues and tells could fall out, aiding the scumteam.
Yes, your accusation is that I would make people devote more energy to identifying doctors than scum. However, no where in your post do you mention that the goal is anything but distraction. If you want to revise what you said, that's fine, but don't pretend that you said something you didn't

If you meant role-fishing, why didn't you say it? Where in your post do you say "you're role-fishing in the guise of talking about set-up?" Where do you even imply that I'm looking for the identities of doctors?
Percy wrote:My next post goes on to continue that theme. And the next one. Stop trying to make me sound inconsistent without better evidence.
With all of five posts so far, I'd hazard that a single inconsistency is enough to make an accusation of inconsistency. It's not like you've posted so much that you'd lose track of it by mistake.
Percy wrote:Indeed. Perhaps the conversation would turn to the differences between Libertarians and Republicans. And then we'd go into depth about Libertarian reasoning, and what people know about Libertarians. If you were a Libertarian and were trying to conceal it, this would be a dangerous conversation for you. It's a scum tactic, in my mind, to get people to talk about their roles. As I quoted in my PBPA, I gave you an example of how to inform but not start rolefishing. You didn't do that. You decided to combine the goals of "inform" and "talk about setup" together, which is a bad move - I think it's rolefishing.
Why would this be a dangerous conversation? Besides, you're assuming a lot. What would people know about insane/CPR doctors? What's in the Wiki and what they know from past games. It's an uncommon role. The idea that someone would feel forced to post about doctors or face suspicion is unsupportable.

And I dealt with your example and my goals in the above post.
Percy wrote:I did not disregard anything.
See above post.
Percy wrote:Your clarification is exactly the same, in meaning, to my second reading. Also, check out how you acknowledged that it was risky, because it could lead to rolefishing, and that you knew about it before you did it.
And it's also risky to random vote somebody, because he might be a newb and say "No, wait, I'm the cop!" immediately. It's risky to vote on little evidence because you might lynch a townie. It's risky to post long-winded defences against an attacker uninterested in scum-hunting but rather interested in hunting you.

But I'd do all of those.

Does that make me scum?

My point is, there are risks to everything. strife220 thought the risks were too high, if I'm not putting words into his mouth. I didn't.
Percy wrote:Also, would you mind if I use the "I have a fever" excuse to get you to read my post in the way that you want me to sometime later in the game? How could I know about your illness? Your argument is ridiculous.
It wasn't an argument. It was addressing the ad hominem attack of yours that because I've omitted words, I have no credibility.

However, I'd be happy if you used it to explain your behaviour.
Percy wrote:I agree that you were looking for personal comments on who had what roles. Your post works much better as a scum rolefish than a town one, simply because "I bet the mafia or a serial killer did it!" is going to illicit zero response, but "I bet an insane doc or a vigilante did it!" is going to start some conversations. Putting the two together doesn't excuse you. Your post was not both pro- and anti-town, it was just plain anti-town.
Another example of failure to read. This was addressed in the post itself and in a follow-up post to Juls.
Percy wrote:What it comes down to is that you did not trust the player base to make good decisions, so you wanted to warn them. Your warning was poorly formulated and was in fact rolefishing. As you keep insisting that you didn't make a mistake, I conclude that you're scum.
As I've now explained a few times, warning was a secondary concern. Please read the above post for an explanation.

As for not trusting the player base to make good decisions... Well, if that were true, I see I made no mistakes.
Percy wrote:With my first reading, I was trying to interpret your poorly formed sentence. I know what your "sorry meant", and yes, it was very clear from the context who you were apologising to and what you were apologising for. You claim that the first reading was wrong, and have confirmed that the second is in fact true. This is a non-issue.
If it were clear from the context what I was apologising for, then why would you mistake it for a "whoops, I'm sorry that I role-fished?" Either it isn't clear at all or it's only clear to you now. Which one is it, Percy?
Percy wrote:I think you're egotistical because you're overly aggressive, overly defensive, dismissive and rude. I think you're experienced, because you've claimed to be experienced ever since someone brought it up. Linking me to a dictionary (and a broken link at that)? Don't be a jerk.
You'll notice that I was neither aggressive nor particularly defensive until I was encouraged to be so by the town. I didn't really need to defend myself much until you came along to construct a poor case against me. And I hadn't so much as accused someone, so it's silly to think I'm over-aggressive based on what's happened so far. No, I think that you hoped you had a good case and you can't handle the fact that I'm not acting nicely about it.

As for the dictionary, I could either have ridiculed you about your use of the word 'hence,' which, by the way, your explanation doesn't explain, or I could have pointed you to a dictionary. I didn't think that poking fun at you would educate you any, so I didn't do that. However, the dictionary seems to have failed to educate you as well. I suppose it's just me failing to achieve my goals again.
Percy wrote:You brought up the subject. He talked about it. I don't know how much clearer it could get.
From the text of his post, it's clear that he didn't even read my post, so my post didn't directly inspire this remark. Indirectly, it caused ribwich to mention it because he didn't know what the role was and Vi to mention it when asking about my post. If Der Hammer had read my post, it's actually more likely that he wouldn't have been confused about the thread and he wouldn't have asked the question.

Further, what does his mentioning it even prove? He wasn't diverted from scum-hunting to pursue the doctors. He simply asked a question because he'd missed a post. And you haven't addressed the fact that I never said that my intention was to completely keep people from talking about doctors of those varieties. You fabricated a goal for me, which was in direct contradiction to my stated and apparent goals, and said that I'd failed when someone asks a simple question about the flow of conversation.
Percy wrote:If you are scum and decided that you wanted to try rolefishing, I think the plan you employed is good because it's a subtle rolefish. Even now, most people are not convinced, you've got a lot of cover and probably won't get lynched. It might not give you good results, it might even be rather ineffective at giving you results, but it could give you results if it worked just right. Worth a try, perhaps.
Perhaps most people aren't convinced because the argument against me simply isn't all that convincing. And you had better hope that I don't get lynched before you've recanted, Percy, because people are going to look at you pretty hard and see how poor your case actually is... And they're going to wonder. And your insistence that I "might have made a mistake, but just seemed to defend himself too hard" is going to look bad, so you might as well stop it.

Now that above was intimidation, Percy.
Percy wrote:premisses [sic]
Now I will be rude and dismissive: don't reveal the depths of your ignorance while you're trying to be snide, okay?

In logical argument, the word is usually spelled 'premiss' making the plural 'premisses,' not to be confused with 'premises' as in 'leave the premises.'

Take a look here, and while you're there, read up:

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/exclprem.html
Percy wrote: And finally, I don't think the "everyone's misreading me but I won't say how" "I'm too awesome to defend myself" "here's a link to a dictionary" "no-one reads my posts and that makes anyone who disagrees with me STUPID" arguments you've been making are productive at all.
Okay, how about the other ones, Percy? Want to start addressing those?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:30 am

Post by ribwich »

First off, can everyone please preview your posts before you submit it? Those broken quote tags are annoying.
Gerrendus wrote:@rib:
I feel the need to point out that his vanilla townie claim came in defense to strife's declaring him as part of a scumpair with scheh. But you are correct in that it was still unproviked.
I understand why he did it, but it was still completely unneccesary. Nobody should be claiming that early.

Der Hammer wrote:Yes, completely sarcastic. The original comment I made was completely sincere, and mere commentary on the start of the game since I was in a rush, and just wanted to post my first post of the game before people accused me of lurking. I reacted badly to your initial misjudging of my statement and acted childishly. It end of esuclated from there really, and its interesting to see who has jumped on my bandwagon..
So at what point were you not being sarcastic anymore? Were these legit posts or just more childish acting?
Der Hammer wrote:I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
Der Hammer wrote:There is nothing behind it. He's deluded. Clear scumtells

There's a few things I want to say about Scheherazade, but that's going to take a while. To be honest, I've only skimmed through his last few posts, so I want to make sure it's not things that have been already addressed.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Juls »

Does anyone else notice that the more we talk about not talking about setup the more the setup is being talked about being talked about? Percy and Sche when you guys are done measuring your ***** wake the rest of us. And by ***** I mean your love for kittens.
Juls
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

There's no call for vulgarity, Juls.
Scheherazade wrote:I know what sort of person Percy is. Arguing with him is going to waste town time. It's going to be more effective to defend myself against reasonable players who hold their own positions than against him. With the votes-to-lynch so high, I feel that I can do that if I need to, when the time comes.
ZazieR wrote:Not mentioning Percy's post where he talked only about your posts and possibly started your bandwagon. I'm surprised that your first post is asking why I voted someone, while you didn't do that with other players and while you have to defend yourself.
Having said this Fos Scherazade.
ribwich wrote:Percy made very many valid points in his post, and your refusal to even try to defend yourself against them just makes you look more suspicious.
Not to mention Gerrendus' questions.

However fruitless my posts may seem to you, they were requested by other players, not generated from my ego.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Juls »

There's no call for vulgarity, Juls.
Clearly scum if he thinks kittens are vulgar! Lighten up. It was a joke and a nice way of saying, that I don't think yours and Percy's back and forth where 50% is insults and 50% is content is helping the game. And unfortunately, the rest of us have to rifle through it all to find the content.
Juls
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:Yes, completely sarcastic. The original comment I made was completely sincere, and mere commentary on the start of the game since I was in a rush, and just wanted to post my first post of the game before people accused me of lurking. I reacted badly to your initial misjudging of my statement and acted childishly. It end of esuclated from there really, and its interesting to see who has jumped on my bandwagon..
Sorry, Don't buy it.
, Sheh as my #2.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 am

Post by Vi »

Juls wins 13 Community Service Points. I tried to analyze the Scheherazade vs. Percy mudfest, and gave up somewhere around Page 4. Ultimately I don't think what Scheherazade was doing was necessarily scummy - not pro-Town, but on the condition that S stopped trying to make conspiracies from nothing when I brought it up, not scummy IMO. So unless someone can condense the walls of text accusing S of being worse than advertised into something MUCH more compact, frankly I don't think much of value would be lost in not bothering with them in the first place.

Scheherazade. I can't tell since there hasn't been a vote count in a while, but I don't think you're voting for anyone. Who are you suspicious of?

Der Hammer. Would you care to contribute to the game? It would be a great way to divert your wagon elsewhere - much better than what you've done so far.

-----
Vi 107.5, Rabbit Radio~ wrote:
Jazzmyn
, welcome to the game. Is there anything you'd like to say about what's going on?

DoomCow
, same. Any stance you want to take on the general mess going on right now?

TAX
you've still got a question to answer when you get back - this is a reminder.
same. Any stance you want to take on the general mess going on right now?

Mod: What is the status on
BobHiggs?

strife220:
Anyway, why did you choose that username?

Mod: Why is this game called New Age Mafia?
^^^
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Scheherazade »

@Vi: No, I'm not voting for anyone right now. I was partly waiting for my wagon to blow over before voting so that I would be mostly above suspicion of OMGUS voting.

That being said, I find al4xz a little suspicious. His vote for Juls and evasion are odd. I understand that he wouldn't want to say "I vote Juls to put pressure on her" when he cast the vote. But why put pressure on Juls, of all people? He must have had a reason for choosing her. So I think he was being unnecessarily evasive. Later, when he gives his explanation, I think the reaction he says he expects from her is weird.

I'd like to see a little more from him.

ribwich is also sort of on my radar for changing his vote and mind so often. Obviously, I thought he had less than valid reasons to vote for me, but I think his explanation of his vote for Juls doesn't quite justify a vote. And the vote for al4xz may have been a joke, but was there any call for it? I mean, al4xz already had votes and therefore pressure on him. ribwich's comment looks like "lol, I'm bandwagoning." In six pages he's voted for four different people.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:47 am

Post by al4xz »

Scheherazade wrote:@Vi: No, I'm not voting for anyone right now. I was partly waiting for my wagon to blow over before voting so that I would be mostly above suspicion of OMGUS voting.

That being said, I find al4xz a little suspicious. His vote for Juls and evasion are odd. I understand that he wouldn't want to say "I vote Juls to put pressure on her" when he cast the vote. But why put pressure on Juls, of all people? He must have had a reason for choosing her. So I think he was being unnecessarily evasive. Later, when he gives his explanation, I think the reaction he says he expects from her is weird.

I'd like to see a little more from him.

ribwich is also sort of on my radar for changing his vote and mind so often. Obviously, I thought he had less than valid reasons to vote for me, but I think his explanation of his vote for Juls doesn't quite justify a vote. And the vote for al4xz may have been a joke, but was there any call for it? I mean, al4xz already had votes and therefore pressure on him. ribwich's comment looks like "lol, I'm bandwagoning." In six pages he's voted for four different people.
This is going to look bad on me.

Right, here's what I've got to say: to your second paragraph, I chose to pressure Juls because the votes would have been coming in fast. However, you guys ruined it by putting a lot of posts afterwards, showing that the wagon on her had died that. Therefore, any pressure I could have given was tossed out the window.

Third single-senteance paragraph: Well, I'm not bothering myself with the politics of you and Percy's bullshit. What I do find interesting is this (this will be seen as OMGUS, btw.)
First, you play reasonablely. You call yourself experienced, but in the beginning you made the "rolefishing" post. Supposedly, according to you, it was to warn everyone of a possible CPR/insane doc. However, lemme ask you - when everyone said it was rolefishing, why didn't you admit to your mistake? You instead held your ground with bullshit, spit, and prayers while everyone else threw the same at you. I would have understood if you had admitted your mistake - but then yo ugo and make a huge case involving an Oxford dictionary for everyone to read! Personnally, I'd call what you and Percy are doing as either distancing combined with a red herring. I think about less than a quarter of the Mafia gamers here actually READ the damned thing. Why do you feel it neccessary to respond to every single point? I would have summarised the case myself, then proceeded to explain in point detail, not in a big post. Apoligies for my big paragraph.
Vote: Scherz

FoS: Percy

Pressure on me? Don't kid yourself, the bulk of them were random votes.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Juls »

Scheherazade wrote:His vote for Juls and evasion are odd. I understand that he wouldn't want to say "I vote Juls to put pressure on her" when he cast the vote. But why put pressure on Juls, of all people? He must have had a reason for choosing her.
al4xz wrote:I chose to pressure Juls because the votes would have been coming in fast
This is a weak argument Sche. I know it's weird that I would defend the person who voted against me but it was fairly obvious that I got a string of 3 votes within a period of an hour. al4xz knew I was online so he was probably looking for a knee jerk reaction to come within 10 minutes of his post. However, what al4xz did NOT know was that shortly after the first vote came in I had to leave the computer for a while to go to class and did not return until 5 hours later. So by that time several people had posted and his point was moot. I don't find his actions to be scummy.
Juls
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:52 am

Post by ribwich »

Scheherazade wrote:ribwich is also sort of on my radar for changing his vote and mind so often. Obviously, I thought he had less than valid reasons to vote for me, but I think his explanation of his vote for Juls doesn't quite justify a vote. And the vote for al4xz may have been a joke, but was there any call for it? I mean, al4xz already had votes and therefore pressure on him. ribwich's comment looks like "lol, I'm bandwagoning." In six pages he's voted for four different people.
First off, I've voted for five people. If you're going to accuse me of rapid vote changing, do it right. The first two were clearly jokes. The vote on Juls was merely to prove a point that voting accomplishes more than FoS's. (And it was so I could get my vote off of a random/joke vote.) I then had my vote on you because I felt you were the most suspicious at the time. Then Hammer made some comments that made me more suspicious of him, so my voted shifted. I'm going to have my vote on whoever I feel is most suspicious at the time, and in day one that is most likely going to change quite a bit.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Vi »

Scheherazade 142 wrote:I understand that he wouldn't want to say "I vote Juls to put pressure on her" when he cast the vote. But why put pressure on Juls, of all people? He must have had a reason for choosing her. So I think he was being unnecessarily evasive.
So... al4xz is being evasive by not answering questions that were not asked? :?
In any event, since you've asked the question now and it has been answered, does that change anything?

While I see that ribwich has voted a few people so far, considering the timing of his early changes and the reasons associated with them I disagree that ribwich has been tossing his vote around. This is coming from someone who leisurely spams early on, though, so take it for what it's worth. However, I will ask this--

@ribwich: Why do you suspect Der Hammer more than Scheherazade?

-----

al4xz, aside from S and P, is there anyone you find scummy?

-----

I don't like doing this sometimes, but...

Scheherazade (4) -- Gerrendus, Juls, Percy, al4xz
Der Hammer (4) -- iamausername, ZazieR, ribwich, strife220
TAX (2) -- DoomCow, Vi
al4xz (1) -- Caboose
ribwich (1) -- Jazzmyn
Percy (1) -- Der Hammer
Vi (1) -- TAX

Not Voting (2) -- Scheherazade, BobHiggs

9 to lynch with 16 alive!
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:03 am

Post by ribwich »

Vi wrote:@ribwich: Why do you suspect Der Hammer more than Scheherazade?
Well, a lot of it is going to depend on how Hammer responds to my question of how many of his posts were serious, but right now it's because I can still give the benefit of the doubt to Scheherazade. Even after all that's happened, I can understand how someone can legitmately think what he was doing would help the town. Hammer, on the otherhand, has done things that I can't understand why a townie would do. He's OMGUS'd, claimed when he was nowhere near being lynched, and told us that we should look elsewhere rather than try to find something out of his posts.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 am

Post by al4xz »

-----

al4xz, aside from S and P, is there anyone you find scummy?

-----
Gut instinct tells me Der is acting scummy, but I can't really locate any significant source of evidence. Besides Der, Percy, and Schez, I'm not really finding anyone especially suspicious.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Incognito »

Bumping vote count.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”