Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Kinetic »

dybeck wrote:
malthusis wrote:Kinetic, you're pushing the race claim way too much. Why do you want it so badly? I haven't you do a single thing to hunt scum. All you've done is comment amount events and defend your big 'plan'.
Unvote, Vote Kinetic
Guys, make sure you're voting Kinetic because you
actually
think he's scum. There's a world of difference between being Not Helpful and being scum. Don't lose sight of the object of the game.
Darox wrote:
dybeck wrote:
malthusis wrote:Kinetic, you're pushing the race claim way too much. Why do you want it so badly? I haven't you do a single thing to hunt scum. All you've done is comment amount events and defend your big 'plan'.
Unvote, Vote Kinetic
Guys, make sure you're voting Kinetic because you
actually
think he's scum. There's a world of difference between being Not Helpful and being scum. Don't lose sight of the object of the game.
He's right.

Kinetic's plan may not be the key to the universe, but it doesn't mean he's scum.
Truth be told this sounds a little like distancing from a prepared NK...
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Kinetic »

Darox wrote:Hey, ho, lets go.

I don't think the race claim is going to have the effect Kinetic thinks it will.
And without elaborating at all. Grats! You've just received a whole lot of new information, yet your stance hasn't changed at all.

Suspicious?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 am

Post by malthusis »

Darox wrote:
Hey, ho, lets go.

I don't think the race claim is going to have the effect Kinetic thinks it will.

And without elaborating at all. Grats! You've just received a whole lot of new information, yet your stance hasn't changed at all.

Suspicious?
How does still disagreeing with your plan equate to being suspicous?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Kinetic »

malthusis wrote:
Darox wrote:
Hey, ho, lets go.

Suspicious?
You defending him helps. But it isn't disagreeing with the plan that makes him suspicious. Its disagreeing at first because (I'm assuming) he didn't receive a race in his PM. Then returning after the mod confirmed he received new information and then not adding ANYTHING to the conversation.

He throws in a vague "It won't do what Kinetic thinks it will". First, he doesn't know what I think it will do, second he gives no details about why it wouldn't, even if he knew the first part.

It reeks of scum.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:16 am

Post by armlx »

I was really considering voting malthusis for that Kinetic vote, but Nat is confirmed non-town so.....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Darox »

Kinetic wrote:
malthusis wrote:
Darox wrote:
Hey, ho, lets go.

Suspicious?
You defending him helps. But it isn't disagreeing with the plan that makes him suspicious. Its disagreeing at first because (I'm assuming) he didn't receive a race in his PM. Then returning after the mod confirmed he received new information and then not adding ANYTHING to the conversation.

He throws in a vague "It won't do what Kinetic thinks it will". First, he doesn't know what I think it will do, second he gives no details about why it wouldn't, even if he knew the first part.

It reeks of scum.
Actually, I received two races.
Ah hah. Ah hah. Ah hah.

As for "I don't know what you think it will do" what about these?
Kinetic wrote: First off, EVERYONE has a racial WC. This WC has nothing to do with the faction/alignment WC. By bringing them out into the open we can use them AGAINST their intended purpose. Their intended purpose was to bring about chaos in the town. For that reason ALONE we should all be for a race claim. The fact is, I have figured out something else, and I refuse to reveal that to you.
Kinetic wrote:
armlx wrote:I do not endorse the race claim as it will have the exact opposite effect Kinetic is saying it will.
As people die we'll learn their race. What will happen when Centauri find that, its true that the town is losing, but if they find ONE MORE NARN they can win? What will happen when any race does that? What if this boils down to a race war? Keeping the races secret, that is what this will become. Doing a race claim when there is an imbalance of power is what this will become. While the races are all balanced is the ONLY time a race claim can have any effect. Once there is a death, everything goes out the window unless we stop it, here and now.
So were you just lying when you said these, or are they just a smokescreen?

I'm sorry, but suspecting me because I don't follow the divine faith of your grand master scheme is really stretching.

Plus I love the "He said I wasn't being scummy so he's totally going to nightkill me" line you threw in there.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:34 am

Post by The Internet »

I support Kinetic's plan not because I view it as the masterstroke that will bust the game wide open(though I am curious of his thoughts), I support it mainly because I do not see it being harmful. (this post mainly here to avoid prod).
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Kinetic »

Darox wrote: So were you just lying when you said these, or are they just a smokescreen?

I'm sorry, but suspecting me because I don't follow the divine faith of your grand master scheme is really stretching.

Plus I love the "He said I wasn't being scummy so he's totally going to nightkill me" line you threw in there.
One, the proof is in the pudding. Those will come true if there is no claim. Two, there is more to it then that... That part you don't know so how can you know if it will work?

I'm not suspecting you because you doubt the plan, although with all the information that is out there, I find that very difficult. I suspect you because I've yet to hear a SINGLE claim on how this would negatively effect the town that was not complete rubbish. You say you don't support it, but you give no reasons to back yourself up. No evidence to the contrary. The best you have is... well, what?

Yet despite that, you are being stubborn for stubborn sake. All I see is you digging your feet in the sand going "I don't wanna!"...
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Natirasha »

armlx wrote:I was really considering voting malthusis for that Kinetic vote, but Nat is confirmed non-town so.....
What do you think of hp[leaves] then?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Darox »

Kinetic wrote:
Darox wrote: So were you just lying when you said these, or are they just a smokescreen?

One, the proof is in the pudding. Those will come true if there is no claim. Two, there is more to it then that... That part you don't know so how can you know if it will work?

I'm not suspecting you because you doubt the plan, although with all the information that is out there, I find that very difficult. I suspect you because I've yet to hear a SINGLE claim on how this would negatively effect the town that was not complete rubbish. You say you don't support it, but you give no reasons to back yourself up. No evidence to the contrary. The best you have is... well, what?

Yet despite that, you are being stubborn for stubborn sake. All I see is you digging your feet in the sand going "I don't wanna!"...
Negative effect like make the game all about what race someone is rather than whether they are scum or not?

"We can't lynch him, if we lynch him there will only be one Bab-5 left and then XYZ can kill him and win!

Not to mention it gives a hitlist to anyone who has a race headhunter objective. Hell, it gives a hitlist to anyone with a kill ability who feels like scoring a racial victory.

You say it'll stop people from trying to achieve racial victories. This could not be further from the truth.
Without any knowledge of who has what race, people CANNOT focus on their racial win conditions because they don't know who is of that race. They would be taking stabs in the dark and it would be much more profitable for them to focus on their other win conditions, because the racial win is more likely to come through chance and it is better to focus on more tangible goals.

But if you suddenly give everybody full knowledge of who has what race, this all changes. Going for a racial victory isn't a shot in the dark because everyone has handy shopping lists of all the people they need to kill to win. Regardless of their alternate win conditions they will always be striving for their racial win condition whenever they make an action, because they can premeditate the effects and advantages of killing someone of an opposing race.

Massclaiming races will divide the town and create tension whenever someone of a certain race dies, especially when that race is getting thinned out. I don't want this game to get that racist.

It's a bad idea.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:55 am

Post by armlx »

Did I miss something with respect to him? I honestly don't remember seeing a post from him in forever.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:56 am

Post by armlx »

Massclaiming races will divide the town and create tension whenever someone of a certain race dies, especially when that race is getting thinned out. I don't want this game to get that racist.

It's a bad idea.
While I agree in principle, Kinetic (presumably) has a trump card here.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Natirasha »

armlx wrote:
Did I miss something with respect to him? I honestly don't remember seeing a post from him in forever.
He claimed the anti-Vorlon win condition.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Knight of Cydonia replaces Cybele, effective as soon as he posts in the thread. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

Darox wrote:Negative effect like make the game all about what race someone is rather than whether they are scum or not?

"We can't lynch him, if we lynch him there will only be one Bab-5 left and then XYZ can kill him and win!
You say it'll stop people from trying to achieve racial victories. This could not be further from the truth.
Without any knowledge of who has what race, people CANNOT focus on their racial win conditions because they don't know who is of that race. They would be taking stabs in the dark and it would be much more profitable for them to focus on their other win conditions, because the racial win is more likely to come through chance and it is better to focus on more tangible goals.

It's a bad idea.
That's what I've tried to say a lot of times. My really bad english and my weird mind (and the fact that I'm busy, and most lately) did screw it all.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by armlx »

He claimed the anti-Vorlon win condition.
Hmm, I missed that.

Unvote, Vote HP[leaves]

Rather lynch the person latching onto the first non-town claim.

Honestly though, I think its likely that 1 is Vorlon and 1 is Shadow at this point. I can't see there being enough survivors that the Anti-Vorlon and Anti-Shadow win conditions are significantly different enough from the AoL win con to make that viable from a design standpoint.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Natirasha »

unvote

I am fine with Kinetic now that he's explained himself.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by malthusis »

We can finally lynch scum now :wink:
Unvote, Vote Nat

@Knights: What do you think of the events of this game so far? What's your position on the claim?

Notice: 9 days till deadline
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Natirasha »

malthusis wrote:We can finally lynch scum now :wink:
Unvote, Vote Nat

@Knights: What do you think of the events of this game so far? What's your position on the claim?

Notice: 9 days till deadline
What?

I'm sorry, but what's the whole argument against me? That I have a different WinCon that doesn't involve Vorlons, or what?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by malthusis »

No, it's that we think you and [hp] leaves are lying.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by armlx »

Malthusis baffles me again....
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Natirasha »

malthusis wrote:No, it's that we think you and [hp] leaves are lying.
How so?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm interested in seeing Malthusis answer that.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by malthusis »

I just don't really buy your claim. I've said that since the time you claimed.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by armlx »

Then why him over HP?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”