Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

You are the
selfish cop.
You can investigate someone and find out if they attempted to kill you last night. Note that you are vulnerable to nightkills.

You win with the town.

(Actually, it'd be a pretty funny role, trying to make sure you get both targeted for a night kill and doc protected...)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yosarian2 wrote:You are the
selfish cop.
You can investigate someone and find out if they attempted to kill you last night. Note that you are vulnerable to nightkills.

You win with the town.

(Actually, it'd be a pretty funny role, trying to make sure you get both targeted for a night kill and doc protected...)
ModNote: The doc is a quack
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by RandomGem »

You are the
Message Sender
. You know the roles and alignments of all players. Any post you make may only contain spaces, and up to twenty periods (.). You may not vote or quote anyone. Good luck!
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

RandomGem wrote:You are the
Message Sender
. You know the roles and alignments of all players. Any post you make may only contain spaces, and up to twenty periods (.). You may not vote or quote anyone. Good luck!

... . . . ...

... . . . ...

(2 to 1, all I have to do is say that, and someone'll figure out it's moorse code. Once town gets that, th rest is easy. Town wins, day 1.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Booker »

You are a
Skeptic
. Your cunning arguments easily defeat the various hokey cult preachers about, but the difficulty is getting to the "converts" while they're still willing to listen to reason. You cannot be recruited. Anyone you target at night is also immune to recruitment for that night. You win with the town.
Mod Note: There is no cult.

All the paranoia-fun of a cult without the changed win-conditions. :D
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

You are
quiet.

You can only post once. Ever. But you are a quadruple voter, and your multiple votes can cause multiple lynches.

You win with the town.

This would be very interesting in a game with daytalk.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:13 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

You are an
Attention Seeker.
You were the kid that threw temper tantrums, flirted with everyone, and bought cars you could never afford all for the love of your peers. Your goal is to have everyone at one point vote for you, but never be lynched as a result (this means you win when the last person votes for you, yet someone else gets lynched). If someone dies without voting for you, you commit suicide.
You might extend this to FOSes, but this is pretty damn hard. :D
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

You are a Firestarter.

You must attempt to start a bandwagon or make sure 1 occurs (at least 3 people vote for the same person all with 30-minutes of each other) every single day.

If you are not able to so, you die at the end of the Day.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Moderator's Special Friend
. You can break any rules you want, you cute little thing. Just be sure to come back to my house later for some...candy.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Vi »

You
can't touch this
Any attempts you make at mini-modding will result in me laughing at you.

gl, homie.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Simenon »

Yosarian2 wrote:
RandomGem wrote:You are the
Message Sender
(2 to 1, all I have to do is say that, and someone'll figure out it's moorse code. Once town gets that, th rest is easy. Town wins, day 1.)
You could be lynched before that.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:06 am

Post by SensFan »

How would one differenciate "-" from ".", though?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
urielzyx
urielzyx
Townie
urielzyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:25 am

Post by urielzyx »

'..' = '_'
'.' = '.'
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Korts »

urielzyx wrote:'..' = '_'
'.' = '.'
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
scumchat never die
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Max »

(SOS)

. . .

So ... = dot dot dot
. . . = dash.

a dot could be red and dash could be black, who knows?
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

You are a
Carmudgeon

You have no special abilities. You win when the Serial Killer wins. (of course there must be a SK in the game)
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by al4xz »

You are
Da Bully
. If anyone casts a vote on you, you may choose to
strangle
(kill),
beat-up
(limit speaking), or
kidnap
them. You cannot claim, nor can you make any valid points of any sort. In short, there is no way you can help the town or the Mafia, except by having them vote for you and using your abilities. You win with the Town.

When someone votes for you, you may
A) Strangle them (day-vigged), directly afterwards, the Day ends.
B) Beat-up said player, they will no longer be able to vote for you, cast suspicion on you, or even look at your shoes. They will remain on their previous side, however, and will be unable to inform their teammates of their new condition.
C) Kidnap said player, they will be unable to post for the duration of the game or contact any of their players at all. They are protected, speech-blocked and roleblocked. Said player may speak to da Bully without limitations. The player is no longer in the status of kidnapped when either da Bully releases them, or da Bully is lynched or night killed. The town will be informed that said player was kidnapped/disappeared the next day.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Niv »

SilverPhoenix wrote:You are an
Attention Seeker.
You were the kid that threw temper tantrums, flirted with everyone, and bought cars you could never afford all for the love of your peers. Your goal is to have everyone at one point vote for you, but never be lynched as a result (this means you win when the last person votes for you, yet someone else gets lynched). If someone dies without voting for you, you commit suicide.
You might extend this to FOSes, but this is pretty damn hard. :D
Mod note, the game starts with a full kill night
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mafia Absolute Traitor
- You are a part of the mafia. But you don't know who your scum buddies are and you can't talk to them at night. You win the game if you are the last mafioso alive and your side equals or exceeds the number of other players left. You can not kill at night and the scum group you are aligned with can target and kill you if they try to. They have no idea who you are or even that a role like yours exists in the setup.

Find and Lynch your scum buddies and then survive to the end by yourself. Good luck, you'll need it!
A combo of the Usurper and Traitor role that I have seen before and it sometimes gets the power to kill or investigation immunity once it has bussed all its friends.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
the God of <game thread title>
Your decree is law in <game thread title> (with a few exceptions), and a violation of your decree is a modkillable offense. You dream of starting your own religion and being worshiped. To that end, you will subvert the other players and make them your servants, and dispose of the heretics. Players may declare their worship for you by saying "Worship: XXXXX" in the game thread. You may want to entice them to your cause with your godly powers. You win when all other players either worship you or have been erased from existence (killed).

Exceptions: You can't affect who players vote for. You can't change other player's roles. You can't vig (except through the mod, even then your decrees shall not mandate a player's death directly). You can't change those ubiquitous administrative rules given by the mod at the start of the game, but you may petition the mod. Your decrees are not retroactive.

Other caveats: You can't be killed, you are the God of <game thread title>, damn you. Votes on you must be unanimous (excepting yourself) to get you lynched. You choose whether non-kill abilities affect you, and what the result will be if they do.

Beware, for there is another way for you to be overthrown.
Optional: God is required to have worshipers by the end of day 2.
Optional: God must win by day 7. Game starts on day 1.
You are a
Townie
. Normally you would just be a voter who wins with the town when all non-town players have been eliminated, but apparently you can stand defiant as a night-action for some reason. What purpose this may have is unknown to you.
You are
MafiaScum™
. Normally you, XXXX, and YYYY would seek to deceive the town during the day and murder them at night in pursuit of a victory requiring all non-mafia players to be eliminated, but you also have the ability to stand defiant at night for some reason, which does not prevent you from making nightkills. What purpose this may have is unknown to you.
Mod note: If all non-God players stand defiant, God disappears.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:03 am

Post by DoomCow »

You are mafia, together with <list team mates>. During the night you can talk and choose someone to die. You will have to choose who will be the killer. in addition to this, you are very ambituous. Your goal is to be the sole survivor of the game. You have an optional night kill in excess of the mafia kill.
family members get:
You are mafia, together with <list team mates>. During the night you can talk and choose someone to die. You will have to choose who will be the killer. However, there has been talk about a traitor in the family, one of you who is willing to take over the town for himself.
Basically a serial killer that operates from inside the mafia group
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 am

Post by mykonian »

Does this belong in the worst roles? In a large game, this could be fun.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

You are
toast
. You must quote this role as your first post. This does not exempt you from any rules.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

You are
noone
. You were always that kid that none liked, and noone listened to. You started to huddle up into a corner. You may never post. You die if you post once.This extends to PMing. You win when the town or mafia win, or by being that last player alive.

Mod Note: Make a game with only this player type.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

A lyncher/lynchee where the lyncher must survive to win as well as lynching and the lynchee is a vengeful townie whose shot ONLY effects the lyncher.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk

Return to “Mafia Discussion”