MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

SensFan wrote:Oh, right, sorry. I forgot that its impossible for Scum to claim Survivor. Nevermind, then, keep lurking like shit, by claiming Survivor, you confirmed yourself to be non-Scum.

Have a nice, lurkish, day!
Sorry. I forgot it wa sa popular scum claim. I'll scum hunt more than.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

MafiaSSK wrote:
SensFan wrote:Oh, right, sorry. I forgot that its impossible for Scum to claim Survivor. Nevermind, then, keep lurking like shit, by claiming Survivor, you confirmed yourself to be non-Scum.

That doesn't seem very reassuring. :/ As of yet you haven't been helping town, but hindering it.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Caboose »

ShadowGirl wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:

That doesn't seem very reassuring.
:/ As of yet you haven't been helping town, but hindering it.
QFT
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by SensFan »

MafiaSSK wrote:

You know, I would think that the fact you're a so-called Survivor would make you even more likely to contribute. If you get lynched, that's it, you lose. No chance for your more
competent
helpful to pull out a win.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

I don't really see how it all you've been playing to win in accordance to the condition you claim to be. :/
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Before I head off for the night, I will say this: I believe he's more likely to be very very anti-town then scum.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

SensFan wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:

You know, I would think that the fact you're a so-called Survivor would make you even more likely to contribute. If you get lynched, that's it, you lose. No chance for your more
competent
I haven't known how to play a Survivor.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by SensFan »

MafiaSSK wrote:
SensFan wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:

competent
I haven't known how to play a Survivor.
Hunt Scum well enough to avoid a lynch. Don't hunt Scum well enough to be killed.

At this point, you need to focus on the first part. Especially since you claimed a non-Town role.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by charter »

Sens, why are you instructing SSK? It also seems like you're giving him a free pass, why.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by SensFan »

charter wrote:Sens, why are you instructing SSK?
I'm telling him to scumhunt...
charter wrote:It also seems like you're giving him a free pass, why.
I'm not giving him a free pass at all. I'm literally doing the opposite, since I've told him to contribute or be lynched. I just don't think he's the play today *shrug*
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by charter »

Sens wrote:Hunt Scum well enough to avoid a lynch. Don't hunt Scum well enough to be killed.

At this point, you need to focus on the first part. Especially since you claimed a non-Town role.
That looks like instructions to me. That's saying more than just scumhunt.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One Vote Count #14: End of Day One

6 SocioPath (Yaw, Caboose, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Electra, MafiaSSK)
4 MafiaSSK (wolframnhart, charter, ooba, RandomGem)
3 Electra (Empking, SocioPath, Seraphim)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to No-Lynch. Deadline October 22, 9:59 pm CDT, and it will take
to lynch at deadline.

Not Voting – 1 – ShadowGirl

~

SocioPath, Pretty Much Useless, Town
, has been lynched!
SocioPath, Pretty Much Useless wrote:
Pretty Much Useless

During one -- and
only
one -- night of the game, you may investigate one player. You will then be told one exact role-name that that player
does not have
. That role-name may not necessarily even be in the game.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with the exact same win condition as you is alive.

Good luck, and have fun! Be sure to read the rules of the game. Confirm your role by PM.
It is now
Night One
. Choices are due to me by October 27, 9:59 pm CDT. Please note that this is the only night of the game that will take five real-time days.

Mod Note: In the future, when it is clear a deadline has passed, it would be appreciated if players would stop posting.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two

ShadowGirl, Gambler, Self-Aligned, has been shot!
ShadowGirl, Gambler wrote:
Gambler

Time to press your luck. On Night One of the game (but
not
pre-game) you must submit to me a list of exactly
4 live players
in the game, not including yourself. If you fail to send me such a list, you will be modkilled if you are alive, and lose the game immediately. There is at least one other method (besides not sending in a list) for your role to be modkilled – please refer to your special notes section. Your flavor for being modkilled will always be “shot”.

You win if at the end of the game 3 of those 4 players on your list are dead
prior to “endgame” killings

Good luck, and have fun! Be sure to read the rules of the game. Confirm your role by PM.
ooba, Double-Dipper Doctor, Town, has been shot!
ooba, Double-Dipper Doctor wrote:
Double-Dipper Doctor

Ice cream – as you know – is delicious. Why have one serving when you can have two?!

Each night, you must target two players, and neither of those players may include yourself. If those two players are of the exact same alignment, they will both be protected from 1 nightkill each for that night only. If they are not the exact same alignment, neither player will receive that protection.

Oh, and one more thing. You can never submit the pairing (two players) for protection more than once. For example, if you protect Players G and H on Night Three, you may not protect both Players G and H on the same night ever again. Knowing that, you might want to plan ahead.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with the exact same win condition as you is alive.

It is now
Day Two
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline November 10, 11:59 pm CDT. Get a move on.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Yaw »

I'm going to try to fit in a reread.

In the meantime, while SSK is a safe lynch for today (either he's a survivor and thus his lynch doesn't hurt us, or he's lying scum), he has posted in other threads that he's V/LA until Friday. I'd advise trying to find scum among the players that are currently around in the meantime, and if we have nothing promising by then we can go with the more obvious lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yaw wrote:I'm going to try to fit in a reread.

In the meantime, while SSK is a safe lynch for today (either he's a survivor and thus his lynch doesn't hurt us, or he's lying scum), he has posted in other threads that he's V/LA until Friday. I'd advise trying to find scum among the players that are currently around in the meantime, and if we have nothing promising by then we can go with the more obvious lynch.
Not to sure i agree here Yaw. I do agree with finding scum amongst other people while SSK is apparently V/LA, but to say he is a safe lynch..
You could be right, he could be lying scum and we get a good lynch today, but to say he is survivor and (if he wasn't lying about that) his lynch would be safe i don't quite follow unless i am thinking about this the wrong way. Lynching him if he is survivor could mean two more townies (three if there was a doc block on one person) could be dead at night and that isn't a good thing at all.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

and if we have nothing promising by then we can go with the more obvious lynch.
Careful with this. We don't know when lylo is, and while I doubt it's now, we can't let a survivor live to lylo. I'm not sure how useful I'll be for the next few days (My sister is getting married on the 31st and things are busy up to then). However, I will try to contribute as I can, and return to full speed after that.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Yaw »

Well, one of those deaths last night appears to have been self-inflicted, so I'm not convinced there would be two more deaths. (Read ShadowGirl's role again.)

At any rate, the main purpose in saying that was that I expected to see a big push to lynch SSK right out of the gate, and felt that was rather useless while he isn't around. Apparently I was wrong for thinking that would happen. I agree that SSK shouldn't be living until lylo (and absolutely should not be allowed to
lurk
until lylo), but if he is telling the truth about his role than lynching scum is better than lynching a survivor. That assumes we have a good lead, of course.
Success breeds suspicion
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, one of those deaths last night appears to have been self-inflicted, so I'm not convinced there would be two more deaths. (Read ShadowGirl's role again.)
I'm aware of that. It's just multiple factions that worries me

At any rate, the main purpose in saying that was that I expected to see a big push to lynch SSK right out of the gate, and felt that was rather useless while he isn't around. Apparently I was wrong for thinking that would happen. I agree that SSK shouldn't be living until lylo (and absolutely should not be allowed to lurk until lylo), but if he is telling the truth about his role than lynching scum is better than lynching a survivor. That assumes we have a good lead, of course.
Mostly agree with this, but I kinda have a lynch all survivors attitude since mind screw. I'm willing to give him a chance to be pro town though.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm kinda glad that ShadowGirl is dead. She would be working to keep certain people alive to win, which might incude scum.

After deep thinking...I didn't like the Sociopath lynch. After his roleclaim, I quickly backed off. I thought his roleclaim was solid and really have no idea why people continued to vote for him. The case against him was incredibly weak.

I'm still thinking about either voting for Electra or voting for Yaw(who, I believe, started that bandwagon), so...

I want everyone who was on that bandwagon at the end of the day, sans MafiaSSK(Yaw, Caboose, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Electra) to explain their reasoning on their vote on Sociopath.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The claim seemed very unbelievable, and also the fact that he appeared to be pushing weak cases to get a D1 mislynch.
-StrangerCoug

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by SensFan »

forbiddanlight wrote:
I'm aware of that. It's just multiple factions that worries me
Four factions, right? Couldn't it be Town, Mafia, SSK, ShadowGirl?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

What claim would have been believable to you, then?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Four factions, right? Couldn't it be Town, Mafia, SSK, ShadowGirl?
That's entirely possible. Well, at least 4. Well, long as we don't leave him alive at lylo.
-StrangerCoug

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Electra »

@ Seraphim - my voting for Sociopath was first based on his assumption that townies have unique special notes, then his claim which I did not think would be in the game, since it just seemed _so_ useless. (Which I guess it was supposed to be.) If he had not claimed one shot, I might have believed him.

I feel that SSK is the correct lynch today, barring any surprising developments. There's a reason that it's not a typical survivor strategy to just claim survivor. If you're not protown, you're against us. :p

I also find charter suspicious for being very pro-Sociopath near the end of yesterday- he talked about not finding SP suspicious and agreeing with him and such - it would be a mafia thing to do since he knew that SP would turn up townie.

vote: mafiassk
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Yaw »

SensFan wrote:Four factions, right? Couldn't it be Town, Mafia, SSK, ShadowGirl?
I thought that originally too, but upon looking at the opening post, Jellymod says
at least
4. So while ShadowGirl, SSK (if truthful), town, scum does make 4, that doesn't necessarily mean those are the only win conditions in the game. Which is unfortunate -- I was also hoping to do a process of elimination thing.
SocioPath wrote:After deep thinking...I didn't like the Sociopath lynch. After his roleclaim, I quickly backed off. I thought his roleclaim was solid and really have no idea why people continued to vote for him. The case against him was incredibly weak.

I'm still thinking about either voting for Electra or voting for Yaw(who, I believe, started that bandwagon), so...

I want everyone who was on that bandwagon at the end of the day, sans MafiaSSK(Yaw, Caboose, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Electra) to explain their reasoning on their vote on Sociopath.
For the record, I predicted either you or charter would pull this. The essential premise behind going after people because they were on a bandwagon that lynched town is flawed. Wrong != Scum.

As for the rest, the claim was rather weak, and I couldn't figure out a reasonable way I would apply such a thing were I a mod and that claimed role were in my game. Furthermore, a SocioPath lynch, even if wrong, gives us far more information than an SSK lynch would have. SSK just lurked around and didn't say much of anything. He just randomly joined popular bandwagons when forced to come out of the woodwork. Meanwhile, plenty of people were taking positions on SocioPath yesterday, which leaves a lot of good information for us to pick through.

I believe I explained rather thoroughly yesterday why that bandwagon was a valid one to start. If you have any specific questions regarding it, feel free to go back through my explanations and ask based on what's already there. I don't see much point in typing it all up again.
Success breeds suspicion

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”