Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:14 pm

Post by Someone »

I don't think lynching me would be a good option. Lynching another uncleared (massive) would be a better choice. If we are to believe the reasoning against me, it would mean that I do not have investigative immunity. Now, if there was a second ROUS from the start, he might. So, logic would say that we should kill another unconfirmed and investigate me, right?

I am one of the semi-confirmed townees so, you can be pretty sure that I wasn't the second ROUS from the start. So, to sum it up, if I am scum, I'm pretty much dead anyways. So
Vote: Massive
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

The problem with your idea Someone, is that my investigations aren't really trusted anymore because they think I could be scum. The best idea might be to lynch me. Then you'll know whether all my investigations to date can be trusted.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:15 pm

Post by Norinel »

Talitha wrote:The best idea might be to lynch me. Then you'll know whether all my investigations to date can be trusted.
I don't think that's the best idea right now, since we don't have a lot of results. Perhaps tomorrow or the day after or something.

Someone, you're doing exactly what Dourgrim did before we lynched him, and the fact that we didn't lynch him and investigated him instead may have given him the chance to recruit or something. Also, from a town perspective, you're being an idiot. Why don't we lynch the uncleared claimed townies and investigate the uncleared person who's claimed a useful role?

vote: Someone unvote: Someone
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:27 am

Post by mathcam »

If we're lynching Someone, we should have everyone besides those already voting for him and Fishbulb to vote and unvote him before Fishbulbe votes, so we can be sure it's him whose vote counts twice. Are we going to do that?
I'm sure it makes sense, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Have fishbulb vote and unviote before Fishbulb votes? Do we have a time machine? Also, I thought we were already pretty positive Fishbulb's got the double vote...wasn't he the lynching vote yesterday? Plus, his role is that of a king. It certainly would be odd if the king's role only got one vote whereas some generic townie or the ROUS gets two votes? I doubt it.

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:27 am

Post by massive »

Yes, by all means, Someone, let's prove your scumminess by having you vote for me. Thumbs up. ;)

We can't let you live tonight and investigate you, as has been said already. Since Talitha couldn't be counted on to investigate rite (who really COULD have cleared you), we lynched him and removed our only real investigator unbeknownst to us. So I'm playing as though we don't have an investigator any more.

But we do still have a doc. As proven by multiple deathless nights whil both the Mafia AND the ROUS were alive. And you're voting for him.

I also don't understand the Fishbulb/double-vote thing. I think we're all pretty sure it's Fishypants.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:07 am

Post by Sugar »

I'm also convinced Fishbulb's the only one who could possibly have 2 votes. I went back and had a look at the voting records, and as far as I can tell, all evidence points to him alone.
Norinel wrote:If we're lynching Someone, we should have everyone besides those already voting for him and Fishbulb to vote and unvote him before Fishbulbe votes...
That confused me, too, until I realized what he's saying is that it's obvious that everyone who's currently voting only has a single vote. Therefore, if everyone who isn't voting,
besides
Fishbulb, would vote and then unvote, we'd be sure. Then, Fishbulb can go ahead and vote.
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:33 am

Post by Someone »

OK, memory lapse here, didn't we have another cop still alive?
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:43 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I also understood the whole vote and unvote thing (the
"and Fishbulb"
was unnecessary since it was covered by the statement:
"before Fishbulbe votes"
)

But since we are pretty sure it's me, should I go ahead and vote? That could take a while.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:53 am

Post by Norinel »

No, it's just mikehart, mole, Someone, and Talitha. I think it's worth the wait to soldify what we're pretty sure we know.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:05 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Actually, looking over past votes, none of them (mole, Talitha, mikehart, and Someone) were on the last lynch (rite's) and it went early. Actually, take a second to look back. No one else could have that ability. Sugar is the only other player who had voted on all of the early lynchings besides myself. And then on the Leonidas lynching you can tell she didn't have that power either. That pretty much decides it, right?

I know it isn't that big of a deal for all of them to vote/unvote, but it is pretty much unnecessary.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:13 am

Post by Norinel »

Yeah, but it deals with the case of there being some bizarre moving around of the double vote, or the to-lynch counts mysteriously being one lower certain days, or whatever.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:17 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Okay, I see your point. I'll wait.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:26 am

Post by massive »

Someone wrote:OK, memory lapse here, didn't we have another cop still alive?
Nope, Talitha couldn't swear to his innocence so we stuck his head in a beehive. (What? I'm trying!) Right now we have (claimed): four powerless townies, a double-voting king, an investigative grandpa, a protecting giant, Westley, and ... well crud, I don't know WHAT mathcam2 is.

I was thinking about the Talitha/rite inspection earlier and would like to continue on about it, but I think it's best to save for tomorrow.

-- doctor massik
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:40 am

Post by Sugar »

I've been trying to figure out who our 2nd ROUS might possibly be... and came up with an idea. Massive has been rhyming since his very first post. I did not pick up on it until D2, where I made a note in my spreadsheet that he's playing as Fezzik. The rhyming was low-key enough that I doubt many realized he was doing it, but I'd think that anybody who really
was
Fezzik would have immediately noticed, and called him on it. So it's possible that this was a sneaky way for him to have made sure nobody in the game was Fezzik, before actually claiming the role.

In
this
game day (Day 7), he asked for any information on a possible remaining doc role. When none came, he claimed this ability, saying that he protected himself N1, and Talitha each night since then except N6 (when he protected nobody) and again protected Talitha N7.

Now, we haven't had a mafia night kill since N2. On N4, the only mafia left was Werebear, the Albino, who was lynched D4. This means that either massive's telling the truth, and that N3 and N4 they targeted Talitha. Or, maybe somebody blocked the kill N3, and the Albino didn't have killability for N4. I'm still working this out, but something about massive just seems very suspicious...
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

And does it really seem likely that a killing group would go after the clearly protected Talitha two nights in a row? Especially after the first one failed.

Unvote: Someone

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:46 pm

Post by massive »

Look, I will happily die today to prove that Talitha and Someone are the remaining baddies. There's nine of us and no more than two of them. Feel free to lynch me. I feel like I've made enough of an impact in this game that going out now won't even make me blink.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

Ok I'm getting a little bit annoyed at massive and the continual digs about it being my fault that rite got lynched. Yes in hindsight he was probably the obvious one for me to investigate. However I believe it was you massive, who simply could not wait to lynch him.

Sugar's observations are very interesting. If there is no recruiting and has been a 2nd ROUS all along, they are extremely clever, somehow managing a roleclaim that has pretty much cleared them until now.

Secondly they would have to be one of our uncleared... massive, Sugar or Someone. I originally left massive off this list because he claimed Fezzik and I was pretty sure that Fezzik would be in the game. But I've just finished a Simpsons game where I was completely sure there would be a Homer & Marge and there wasn't.

So yeah, if we're going with the 2nd ROUS from the start theory, massive fits the criteria well enough for me.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:55 am

Post by massive »

Talitha: I think it was your fault that rite got lynched. Not that you "accidentally" forgot to investigate him, but that you couldn't. Your bite attack came Night 5 and your rite investigation would have happened on Night 6 ... except you couldn't say one way or the other which he was, and it was too risky to come out and pick. If he was innocent and you said he was guilty, you would be exposed when he was lynched. If he was guilty and you said he was innocent, he'd know you were lying and use that information to lynch you and establish his innocence. I'm not saying you're ignorant for not investigating rite; I think you're brilliant for making the right play and NOT jeopardizing your position. You got us to lynch a townie, which is something we had NOT been doing much of this game.

You are correct in saying that I was the one anxious to lynch him. Rightly so, I still believe. The movie would definitely have you believe he should be Mafia, and that being the case, he would have been the last one and the game would have been over. Of COURSE I was anxious because it meant we won.
mathcam wrote:And does it really seem likely that a killing group would go after the clearly protected Talitha two nights in a row? Especially after the first one failed.
There was no Mafia kill Night 3 or 4. There was no ROUS kill Night 3 and Dourgrim switched to biting (I presume) on Night 4. We have a doctor besides Max and Valerie. There's no other way to explain it. None of the dead players meet the criteria. Are you saying that the Mafia decided NOT to try and kill DP after he had already nailed two of them? My guess is that they figured any remaining docs would be one-shot or limited in some other fashion, which I am.

Sugar: I asked for all info before revealing because I wanted to make absolutely sure I had caught the ROUS'es. I think that makes sense. There's no sense in saying "Hi, I'm the doctor!" when someone else could be responsible for the difference in ROUS attacks. I thought I did it pretty responsibly too - I didn't ask for any direct information and mathcam2's role is still intact.

In any event: As I said in the last post, if lynching me will help you realize that there HAS to be recruiting going on, then by all means do so.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:20 am

Post by mathcam »

Vote: Someone
. I say why not? We've got time to kill.

Cam
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:48 am

Post by Sugar »

Yes, I'll keep my vote where it is. It'd be nice if the other townies would weigh in with their ideas too (looks for mole, mikehart and Someone). This has been an exciting day, and my apologies if my ideas/thoughts have muddled things up. Lynching Someone seems like our best bet today.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:43 am

Post by Talitha »

Baha. Well I'll give you some advice for free. massive, you should protect mathcam tonight. He deserves to die for being complacent. Again :twisted:
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:56 am

Post by Someone »

And our investigative grandpa would be a cop right?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:14 am

Post by MeMe »

Current Count:

Someone
(3):
massive, Sugar, mathcam

massive
(1):
Someone

Not voting (5):
Fishbulb, mikehart, mole, Norinel, Talitha

Still five...just like I've been tellin' you.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:35 am

Post by Norinel »

Yeah. I made a list of roleclaims and who's cleared on page 27; not that much has changed.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:15 pm

Post by massive »

Someone: I think you're missing the point. If we can't trust you, then we can't trust Talitha for the exact same reasons, so relying on her to clear you is like asking Darth Vader to clear the Emperor. :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”