Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:38 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1674, Datisi wrote:and to make sure we completely shoot ourselves in the foot, we then also picked multitasking, yeah you got it iv
ik i am genus
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:42 am

to confirm mafia pick multitasking/informed BEFORE schadd posted draft yes? so they didn't know they were getting good/bad placements at that point
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Datisi »

but if two scum picked 1, they already knew they sure as hell aren't gonna be anywhere close to the top

coupled with 1 being a pretty popular pick for town too...
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Datisi »

like if i had randed scum with pooky and he was like "i am picking 1 fuck you" i probably would've just let him and picked something else instead because i don't actually care to argue with him about it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1542, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1536, Faker wrote:there is a world of difference between being personally affable and being actively diplomatic
Hm, I can sort of see what you mean. Probably why flow took you out of his poe.
In post 1538, Faker wrote:Which begs the question, why is their discussion not TvT?
I found it odd that they were willing to de-escalate their suspicions of each so quickly so I thought that one of them was scum looking to avoid a fight. I did not think that one of them was more suspicious at the time, but if you asked me at the time I would probably say Datisi for backing off first. Now, it seems more nai since it looks like they do similar stuff every gamestart.
In post 1538, Faker wrote:Unclear where this factors in
Agreeing with his opening statement didn't factor into my read of him at all really.
In post 1538, Faker wrote:Why did you begin to believe Datisi specifically was scum in these, and why did it strengthen?
I thought Datisi was scummy because his play didn't really fit in with my expectation of how a town him would play. I don't think I have played much with Datisi, but I have followed a few games he was in and I got the impression that he was pretty free flowing (speaking his thoughts) as town. ig his opening just didn't match up with that because now that I look back he looks ok.
The scumread strengthened because I'm sort of an ego player, but there really wasn't enough for me to actually push him.
Reading this, I TR midwaybear, I think more than Faker, and I'm pretty sure Faker is town, so midway and faker town I think
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1556, Mare wrote:Midway, IV town.

Andante probably town for the level of sporadic jumping around? But so quick to jump on anything and push it without a sense of continuity beyond a few posts. Sleepless probably town.

Cakez still scum beyond just tonal things but doing not a lot but being agreeable.

Probably a scum in skitter/Datisi/catboi.

Rest is in null-world right now.

I'm playing Sona in an ARAM. Life is good.
ooh another midway tr, I last recall multiple people going that direction? (idk been a while) but someone else thinking midway town makes me feel good about that read then.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1562, Mare wrote:So if you want my GUT READ on a team it's like Andante/Cakez/Cat.
lmao what even?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1570, northsidegal wrote:i just actually like this tell a lot, it's fun to talk about and i'm now the mafia equivalent of an old person who just wants to tell people stories from their past so just let me have this
ooh I didn't know that was a thing lol definitely a good read/cool to learn about, and I was sitting here thinking about it like, "wow... yeah it's almost always exclusively when I'm town do I fight hard about a lim/sr on me"
thanks for the info!! I'm so using this tell for future reads :)

like here, a bunch of us were voting Pooky, and Pooky's reaction was "oh yes! give me all the votes" which I don't think I've ever seen pooky do lol and I think I've only seen town pooky, sooo pooky maf?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1572, northsidegal wrote:i agree with the logic that SS as scum would be trying more to look towny and it matches my memory of playing against (and losing against) him as scum, but at the same time it feels bad to actually put someone down as town based on that reasoning. so i guess i can just continue putting the problem of reading him off
I think it's funny to look at all the SS reads. SS was like in the POE range, I just go "Yeah SS town. don't ask me questions" like there was 1 or 2 lines I liked, most of it could easily be faked as scum... but to me, SS is a later read, but I've been seein people put SS as a higher tr, like what?? he shouldn't be much above null, I love this post from northsidegal, either partners with him, or it comes from genuine town, that's the only option here I really see
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1582, innocentvillager wrote:do you normally not vote for people until you have a read on almost everyone? i don't understand why you wouldn't at least park your vote on your current largest suspect
I mean, if I did that, I'm changing my vote at least once every page, usually after I see a VC I go "oh hey, I tr that person now!!" then change, but mehh I either never move it, or I move it too much, I feel like you're trying to push a weird thing "you're not voting? you must be scum..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:21 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1672, innocentvillager wrote:lol ok pooky what r ur thoughts on Datisi based on all that this game

It's p unlikely he is scum with skitter because she doesn't really do that level of scum theater with a teammate imo.

I scumread him in the micro blitz because when I reaction tested him with a vote at 7p2m, he basically didn't seem to care much and just dismissed me as town rather than begin to shitfight me. I wasn't really even paranoid of him, I just wanted to push him to get him to towntell but then he just was completely flat.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Faker »

Well northsidegal, with 1682 it looks like you won this round!

I have to write a bit today but the end of NYE celebrations+school applications means I will have more time the next week.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1589, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
North wrote:i predict that i will probably scumread sleepless assassin after he makes his big post
This feels like a weird thing to say. It's like you're gonna go into reading my post trying to find things wrong with it and the post hasn't even been made yet.
weird thing to say? that's the only weird thing said this game? I mean, I read that and laughed cause I'm fairly sure I'll be SRing you too, interesting how this is the first thing all game you're going "that's weird to say.."
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1606, Sleepless Assassin wrote:I was gonna post it right before I go to bed. I have aspirations of finishing reading the thread first but realistically I just want to get as far as I can.
you keep talking/interacting, like, if I'm working on my long reads/catchup post for ALL game, I'm focussing on that... the more you put that off by interacting/saying random things in thread, which aren't even really reads, it's just like, "Do you really have town intentions here?" like, we just want to know where your head is at. who do you tr/sr? why? we have had 0 content from you all game, ok that's fine, so it's like, the content we are getting?? yeah...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Andante »

ok, I'm caught up... that Sleepless post... I have some serious thoughts about it, I'm interested in others thoughts first though, cause that did not scream town at all to me, but since sleepless is caught up, sleepless should be back to normal, and not only communicate in paragraphs like that
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Andante »

I kinda want to vote sleepless here, but everyone else seems set on midway, who I think is town, so maybe I vote a midway voter? idk, I'm sure a tr somewhere is maf, but I'm not voting in my TRs on day 1

also, happy new years yall!!!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:02 am

In post 1684, Andante wrote:
In post 1582, innocentvillager wrote:do you normally not vote for people until you have a read on almost everyone? i don't understand why you wouldn't at least park your vote on your current largest suspect
I mean, if I did that, I'm changing my vote at least once every page, usually after I see a VC I go "oh hey, I tr that person now!!" then change, but mehh I either never move it, or I move it too much, I feel like you're trying to push a weird thing "you're not voting? you must be scum..."
it's not a weird thing to ask someone why they're not voting their sole top scumread to get insight into their play and her response made sense
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:04 am

In post 1678, Datisi wrote:like if i had randed scum with pooky and he was like "i am picking 1 fuck you" i probably would've just let him and picked something else instead because i don't actually care to argue with him about it
im 99.9% joking

my dumbslip question was an unrelated question i had as i was entertaining the possibility as a joke

ill take ur response as, yes, mafia do have to choose informed/multitasking before draft
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1691, innocentvillager wrote:
it's not a weird thing to ask someone why they're not voting their sole top scumread to get insight into their play and her response made sense
I mean, voting someone isn't the only way to get insight.. talking to them/interacting with them also works...
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:06 am

In post 1685, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1672, innocentvillager wrote:lol ok pooky what r ur thoughts on Datisi based on all that this game

It's p unlikely he is scum with skitter because she doesn't really do that level of scum theater with a teammate imo.

I scumread him in the micro blitz because when I reaction tested him with a vote at 7p2m, he basically didn't seem to care much and just dismissed me as town rather than begin to shitfight me. I wasn't really even paranoid of him, I just wanted to push him to get him to towntell but then he just was completely flat.
sure gotcha but i mean him in a vacuum this game how do u read him (not wrt skit)

do you think he's towntelling here

if not, why aren't you trying to push him to towntell if you feel he's similarly flat
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:10 am

In post 1693, Andante wrote:
In post 1691, innocentvillager wrote:
I mean, voting someone isn't the only way to get insight.. talking to them/interacting with them also works...
lol clear concise phrasing is not my strong suit

im saying "it's not a weird thing to ask someone why they're not voting their sole top scumread" because I'm trying to get insight into nsg's head/play

not that I wanted her to vote to get insight into mwb's play

and she's not like you who's around constantly and changing opinions constantly; she's been more sporadic in appearance. But tbf if you posted a readslist like that i would've asked you the same thing and if you responded like you did above i would've been fine with that too.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:19 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1686, Faker wrote:Well northsidegal, with 1682 it looks like you won this round!
eh i mean i don't think so, if she were scum of course she would say "oh my gosh your meta case that says i'm town is exactly how i play when i'm town!!!" but it's whatever
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

oh and also even if town people don't always have an objective view of their own play basically what i'm trying to say is that we tied this round but i still lost most of my chips, sunk skitter's battleship and drew a victory point development card (and other such humorous game analogies)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Faker »

Cat if you don't carry me and vote scum I am willing to yeet you our the window
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Faker »

northsidegal I think those are supposed to be Yu-Gi-Oh! references or something but I generally only play Bejeweled Twist and when I was a kid that game where someone throws a brick directly up and you all run in a circle and try to dodge without looking so this is all over my head sorry

Return to “Completed Open Games”