he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7550 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 7707, Taly wrote:GG SAKURA HOLY SHIT
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7551 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Something_Smart »

What was a scumclaim, the fact that I visited you N2?

I feel like given my claim that was perfectly defensible. Maybe the way I played around it in the eastern bloc was weird though.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7552 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Ydrasse »

yeah it’s uh...

like when i was vig in one of the vs games and was blocked i very much felt the person i tried to shoot was scum even if there was no real corrrlation

it’s just something that feels off without a real explanation
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7553 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 7727, RadiantCowbells wrote:NK15's role is outside of the typical scope of one of my games but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out;
This was my favorite part and I was actually sad he got killed.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7554 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:16 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oof
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7555 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

well thats dumb and i feel justified not praying now.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7556 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 7711, Ydrasse wrote:thank god i never have to think about this game again
imagine thinking about this game in the first place
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7557 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Galron »

In post 7733, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 7727, RadiantCowbells wrote:NK15's role is outside of the typical scope of one of my games but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out;
I though this role was pretty neat too.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7558 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:33 am

Post by jjh927 »

Okay, so that was a very strong fakeclaim

In fairness there are multiple instances of active deception around Sakura's alignment in the dead thread.

Anyway, yeah I bodyguarded Taly N1 and Titus N2. Guess I was shot N2. Was kinda considering not bodyguarding at all that night.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7559 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:38 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 7723, Taly wrote:Yay something I did worked

I appreciate you Jjh
In post 5185, Taly wrote:
In post 5180, jjh927 wrote:You can be paranoid if you like, Taly, but it won't matter because I'm not gonna survive that many night phases
Omg you may not be scum but town trying to steal my NK bait

That's worse *attacks*
In post 5187, jjh927 wrote:Attacking me will not stop me from dying before you do
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7560 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't like games to be solvable by role claim. GrandpaMo had an even better fakeclaim in my opinion, but just because someone's claim is towny != they are town.

When I design scum roles I design their town claims first so that every scum role I design has a role that fits neatly into the game overall.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7561 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:41 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah but even with that philosophy most people are clowns and change things a bit which means it's still frequently easy to spot fakeclaims
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7562 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

I would say that a massclaim where the big important question of "why were there 2 kills on night 4" was frequently asked would have been the way to figure it out mechanically here though
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7563 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

It was quite a struggle, with Victorine basically being non existant, GMo slipping TMI, then SS being suspected and Gamma having to leave and the replacement being insta suspected.
Didn't know what else to do BUT to bus, specially considering my abilities.

I used the strongman vig on NK15, then i triple rolecop'd Gypyx, Deimos and Galron. (In hindsight im quite surprised ppl didnt ask me about what my other rolecop results were, i did claim and unblockable triple role cop), ending with a loyal vig on Enchant (i figured enchant would be next to die anyway and i'd get more towncred from vigging them and making a town and a scum kill appear at the same time)
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7564 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 7740, RadiantCowbells wrote:just because someone's claim is towny != they are town.
+1

That’s a towny sounding claim is exactly the kind of reaction that makes a good scumrole.
This is a Parachute.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7565 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Firebringer »

Funny game, RC was annoyed at us the last few days us screaming at each other about fake masons and split hydra alignments.
Never once suspecting sakura

Nice work sakura well deserved win
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7566 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7737, Galron wrote:
In post 7733, VP Baltar wrote:
I though this role was pretty neat too.
No, his role fucking pissed me of at no end.

Its neat when the person isn't trying to kill u at every stage.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7567 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7720, Sakura Hana wrote:Image
Muwahahaha
All according to keikaku

In all seriousness tho i was nervous af if ppl would start questioning why i wasnt dead.
there was too many confirm townies and u never portrayed a strong voice in day game so i figured scum just had horrible priorities.

TBH if this game hadn't ended i thought of asking u about ur vig shoots and even testing u but i never talked about this with Pooky/Taly i was more of figuring out "why did we have 2 deaths N4" and i hadn't fully put pieces together cause again w/e.

If we were at final 3 i want to say i would suspect u but u played amazingly, probably would still give u this win.
Show

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #7568 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7744, Jingle wrote:
In post 7740, RadiantCowbells wrote:just because someone's claim is towny != they are town.
+1

That’s a towny sounding claim is exactly the kind of reaction that makes a good scumrole.
i keep telling people this but no one listens ): but fr the alternative wincon was a little bs with the tools available to look townie enough to live to the end ):
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #7569 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 7743, Sakura Hana wrote:It was quite a struggle, with Victorine basically being non existant, GMo slipping TMI, then SS being suspected and Gamma having to leave and the replacement being insta suspected.
Didn't know what else to do BUT to bus, specially considering my abilities.

I used the strongman vig on NK15, then i triple rolecop'd Gypyx, Deimos and Galron. (In hindsight im quite surprised ppl didnt ask me about what my other rolecop results were, i did claim and unblockable triple role cop), ending with a loyal vig on Enchant (i figured enchant would be next to die anyway and i'd get more towncred from vigging them and making a town and a scum kill appear at the same time)
lmao u could win by hellbussing all game based on that wincon cuz you get prayers faster
retired
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7570 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Enchant »

DON'T BELIEVE IN ANIME GODS
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #7571 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Ircher »

What was Sakura's role?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7572 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 7699, RadiantCowbells wrote:The prayers of many have reached Sanae Kochiya in their dying moments, bolstering her power and fueling her ascension to godhood.

As her power waxes she reaches her 13th prayer and creates a miracle, ascending to divinity and winning the game for her team.

Sakura Hana was Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Mafia Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Strongman Ninja Vigilante): At 5 prayers once per game you may target a player for a nightkill that will use both the strongman and ninja modifiers. This is independent of the factional nightkill.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
Forgotten Ritual (Mass Roleblock): At 10 prayers, you can roleblock every town-aligned player together. This supercedes all other actions.
OR
Forgotten Ritual (1-Shot Loyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can target a player with a Loyal Vig action.
Miracle (Non-standard Win Condition): At 13 prayers, you can cause a miracle and win the game instantly for your team.
Mafia (Mafia): You are aligned with the Mafia and can discuss the game with your teammates here.

You win when the Town have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your fakeclaim is as follows:

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Parity Cop): At 5 prayers once per game you may target two player and learn whether they are the same alignment or different.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be interfered with.
Forgotten Ritual (2-Shot Disloyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can pick two players and disloyally vig them, killing them if they are not on your team.
Miracle (Divine Ascension): At 13 prayers, you leave the game. As you leave, you are given the full scumteam and have the option of strongman killing one of your choice.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Anything uPick has ended!
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7573 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Deimos27 »

RIPPP I gave the losing prayer
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7574 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I consciously had warning bells ringing in my head like IF SAKURA IS 2S WHY DIDN'T SHE SHOOT AGAIN TONIGHT but I convinced myself that since she caught not one but two scum singlehandedly she had to be town

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”