Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1321, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1305, Datisi wrote:VOTE: flow trap
what caused this vote?
the fact that flow trap went from spam to silence when things started happening, and i don't have better scumreads currently

and i felt stupid holding my vote on skitt when i didn't really scumread her anymore
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:06 am

Post by catboi »

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1201, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1174, catboi wrote:Meh, someday Mare might pull the self vote and AtE maneuver as scum but I don't think it's this game. I hate giving people a pass for that because I feel like it encourages bad play, but...

(on another note feeling less good about skitter)
You're probably right, it still left a bad feeling in my mouth tho

And hi
In post 1205, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1191, Faker wrote:I'm...not really sold on cat's midwaybear read. Need to revisit when caught up.

Sorry that I am living in the past, I see literally everyone and their mother thought the same about that Andante post lmao
I still think its a tmi-ish read and that midway had not done enuf for the level of conviction catboi had abt it

Also i feel p good abt faker-town, i just want to say that
omghi2u2

I mean, w/r/t midwaybear it's an early game gutread, that's just something I do, it is always subject to revision later if it doesn't hold up
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1209, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1206, Datisi wrote:pedit: oh good timing, why is faker town?
- kinda like the reflective nature of his posting, abt himself, what he's trying to do with this accf, the fact that he's trying to puzzle solve this game and take it easy instead of win (for some reason, when i read that it struck me as +town)
- doesnt feel informed (i.e. he's behind but doenst feel like he somehow knows what's going on anyways from reading a scum pt, which i feel like he would prioritize readinf over this thread)
- kinda just how he's approaching the game when he is here, and how he *wants* to approach the game despite being busy traveling
- the way he's approaching catboi's read on him

Overall its like almost less abt his content and more abt his feelings towards the game and how he's approaching the game overall

Caveat: i do not believe i have seen scum-faker ever but idk all of this based on the here and now feels townie to me
I don't find any of that particularly meaningful at all besides the fisrt point and that's very slight

and if anything I felt like he backed down from me a little too easy but maybe he's feeling merciful
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:21 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1223, Andante wrote:and umm not entirely sure my thoughts on mare, but cause she selfed, I just wanna vote her out. I hate when people decide to self, and that's kinda that. Pooky going "vote me" is different from an actual self vote
I will reiterate this is very much a thing Mare does as town and it is not a good reason to vote her
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Faker »

The hilarious part is that the reflective stepback has been a scum staple dating back to my first games on site in 2016

I can let skitter be wrong but you, LMAO
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:24 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1242, innocentvillager wrote:because mare is tonally obvtown and ive been getting this vibe the whole game lmao

just like open her iso
Can you, like, put actual words to this rather than just quoting a bunch of posts?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Why are we spoilering shit
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1330, Faker wrote:
The hilarious part is that the reflective stepback has been a scum staple dating back to my first games on site in 2016

I can let skitter be wrong but you, LMAO
It was more the nature of "I'd like to take this game "off" in a sense" that I likedb/c I get the attitude of just wanting to play laid back for a change, which is something I can only ever do as town
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1332, Something_Smart wrote:Why are we spoilering shit
Dramatic effect?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Datisi »

[spoiler/]
because fuck you that's why[/spoiler]

oops
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:29 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1331, catboi wrote:
In post 1242, innocentvillager wrote:because mare is tonally obvtown and ive been getting this vibe the whole game lmao

just like open her iso
Can you, like, put actual words to this rather than just quoting a bunch of posts?
I can but I don’t rly want to/feel the need to

it’s a tonal read so putting real words to it will require more effort than usual and I’m fine with where my read here is for d1
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:30 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1265, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1171, catboi wrote:On further reflection cakez is probably town for going after pooky because the last time he tried to do it as scum pooky ripped his head off
Seems legit. What game was that, btw? I haven't played against scum-Cakez in a
long
time.
Warehouse 13 - you don't have to read it but him trying to fight pooky that game is extremely funny
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:33 am

Post by midwaybear »

I did notice that flow went from 100+ posts two days ago to 1 post yesterday, but I thought it was probably because flow was busy. Also, I think scum would be more self-conscious about that activity drop? I don't really think scum allows themselves to make that big of a drop without explanation.
I still don't really townread Cakez. I saw the point that he doesn't go after Pooky immediately after getting burned which does make sense, but nothing else he has done has really pushed me one way or another. Looking at the games I played with Cakez, it seems like I can't read him well from the normal things I do to read people so maybe that point about Pooky is something I should consider more.
Also, I thought Andante saying "yet" wrt Datisi read was fine. I don't think that scum actually say "yet" to set up a push on a townread later on.
pedit: Warehouse 13 was a long time ago...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:37 am

In post 1338, midwaybear wrote:Warehouse 13 was a long time ago...
A year is not a long time when you're a boomer like me. I'm probably forgetting one, but the only time I can remember having played with scum-Cakez was 2016. I remember that game because it was the first time I ever townread him :lol:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:39 am

I feel like I've finally gotten a handle on reading him, using the very handy heuristic "if Cakez feels like he can't possibly be town, then he probably is", but I won't know how accurate that is until I play against scum-him.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Datisi »

scum!cakez also did play against town!pooky in that c9++ mena modded
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:43 am

In post 1341, Datisi wrote:scum!cakez also did play against town!pooky in that c9++ mena modded
Right, I was in that too, but I think I wasn't really counting it because I left reading Cakez to lilith.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:45 am

Post by midwaybear »

Lol, maybe I should use that.
I think it might make catboi town for bringing it up though.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:59 am

Post by catboi »

I read up and don't actually know what I want to do with my vote right now, which is A Problem

feel like I need to settle down and actually
think
about my reads now which is the part i hate doing

as an aside I feel like flow trap will be readable given enough time, where "enough" is a larger quantity of time than has currently elapsed
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:00 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 1325, Datisi wrote:
In post 1321, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1305, Datisi wrote:VOTE: flow trap
what caused this vote?
the fact that flow trap went from spam to silence when things started happening
So you think I lied about my computer being broken? :igmeou:
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1336, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1331, catboi wrote:

just like open her iso
I can but I don’t rly want to/feel the need to

it’s a tonal read so putting real words to it will require more effort than usual and I’m fine with where my read here is for d1
You have someone as obvtown from tone?
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Mare »

The jealousy is palpable.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:09 am

Post by flow trap »

Geez now I'm the one who is far behind
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1345, flow trap wrote:So you think I lied about my computer being broken?
no, frankly i forgot you said that
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”