catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 779, Faker wrote:Anyone know if there's a user-made extension to convert entire threads to PDF?

I'm swamped with end-of-year stuff at work but am hoping to read on my flight later. I'm not eager to download each page individually, but if I have to I will.
You can add &ppp=200 to the end of the url to increase the thread length (can't go higher than 200 though, I tried)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by catboi »

I had had a thought while I was out for a run that if flow trap is in fact town he is an LHF-ish player who is likely to attract votes from scum, which wouyld point to one of Mare/Datisi possibly being scum, and if there was one there I would have guessed Datisi, as I'd kind of liked Mare's last night although on a reread I'm not sure it's
that
townie, and as I am catching up I am liking Datisi more and Mare less
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by catboi »

(I also had the incredibly dumb idea of "what if Mare and Faker taking shots at each other was scum theater" but lmao probably not)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 757, Datisi wrote:
In post 751, skitter30 wrote:
In post 739, Datisi wrote:i skipped over this originally - skitt, is this just a general read? because from what i remember of my own scumplay, my plan in the early game often was "post some nonsense, if
someone starts attacking me, pry into their read on me, poke holes in their case and argue with them
". now, i can't remember if you've *played* in any games where i've done that as scum, but i don't remember my recent scumplay reflecting what catboi said at all, so.
Not sure how to answer this/kinda just what i said earlier ... your back and forth with nsg feels weird on your end and just kinda overly defensive, and ngl it kinda seems like you're doing the bolded
er, you do get that i meant it as "attack them for it"? like, going "yeah lol i can see that" without offering any case for why they're wrong is something i never do. and how was i being defensive with nsg? like, i literally said "you are right i'm playing scummy af" how is that defensive??
i mean i feel like you're basically prying into nsg's read on you and arguign with her abt it
like yes in that post you agree with her that she has good reasons to scumread you, but you immediately follow it up with saying you're better at scum than this and that she wouldn't be scumreading you for those reasons if you were scum here:
In post 675, Datisi wrote:the reason why i say this doesn't resemble either of my games is because i'm not that terrible at... faking my towngame, especially early. if i had to, i think i would be able to make up some "reads" that i'm not naturally getting right now.

which, after you agreed with her points, is defending and deflecting the scumread, but not in an 'offensive' way wher eyou're attacking her
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 758, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 752, skitter30 wrote:
In post 740, Datisi wrote:now, this might look like i am just sheeping catboi, but

VOTE: s_s
really Bad Vote (and so was catboi's tbh)
what’s wrong with the vote? voting for a low content slot is bad? no explanation?
it's cheap and easy and i don't think ss's absence this weekend (given the holiday) is ai, see the first weekend of hte micro we just played where he did the same thing over thanksgiving weekend
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 798, Andante wrote:ummm I'm running into a major thing in my reads here... Datisi/Innocentvillager, do yall always interact like this when yall play together? like, I guess I'm asking like, do you 2 have a lot of history? cause there's this thing I'm noticing, and I think Innocentvillager is either scum trying to pocket datisi, or this is just how you 2 play in games together..
So if Datisi/innocentvillager could help me out here, I'd appreciate it, cause yeah, I start to question my reads when I start having a million scum points for people
I was also ready to come in and just wash my hands on Andante to say "I actually have no clue" but this feels towny? I think? I don't really trust myself here but...
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Mare »

In post 581, SirCakez wrote:
In post 128, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: skitter

Hi everyone. I pretty much agree with Datisi’s thoughts on flow trap not being w/w with SS. It is more likely than not that scum has someone who was aware of SS pattern, but not guaranteed. Having meta numbers seems a little broken lol
this post kinda bothers me tonally. it feels too agreeable (ok and not just because they said I agree with Datisi)

VOTE: midwaybear
In post 108, SirCakez wrote:
In post 33, Mirio wrote:I am not saying we should not do the raids. I am saying we should let the entire game check in first.
VOTE: mirio
This post gives me tonally gross vibes
Same exact vibe which made me instantly suspect him in a previous game. Same exact slow catching up with eh takes as the previous game. Mediocre draft placement.

SirScumz strikes again.
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Mare »

Like beyond being in "catch-up mode" he literally just feels like he's posting the same kind of content in catch-up mode. It's bad!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by catboi »

Him being slow catching up isn't a tell
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Datisi »

okay, i guess it does make sense how it can be called defensive while also calling my read on nsg placating. i usually associate the word "defensive" in mafia with attacking someone for their read and calling it bad, which isn't actually what the word means.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 767, Datisi wrote:VOTE: skitter

here's a thought. i dislike the way skitter went from townreading me for ??? reasons to walking back from it. frankly it kinda mirrors the thread in a weird way. i can imagine scum!skitter starting the game off with townreading me because i'm generally a loud townspew-y player so why get into that mess when she can try to get on my good side early. but once she realized i'm *not* getting townread? "nevermind datisi isn't townie anymore".

i don't like the callouts for being "defensive" either. because she started off with agreeing with catboi that i was being conciliatory towards nsg's scumread on me (and with the implication that that's scummy), and then it turned into me being overly defensive of the scumread. don't those two things have the opposite meaning? it feels opportunistic, like she's grabbing onto the general scumreads on me before i turn them over and making sure that doesn't happen. i don't like it.
- i liked your early game, and you were giving me similar vibes to what i've often seen from early-town-you. i'm not sure tbh why you find that read to be quite shocking
- given that you *don't* think that you're being townie for you, i'm also not sure why you have a problem with me changing my mind
- in this pl you wouldn't be a high priority person to buddy for scum-me imo, i don't think i would really put much, if any, thought into trying to avoid 'getting into that mess' by 'getting on your good side early'
- if that *was* my plan i certainly wouldn't lol-reverse it just because some people are calling you scummy, i'd probably wk you ...
- i'm lowkey surprised that you think this is the tactic that i'd take as scum (particularly the bit where i'd reverse course so suddenly)
- i think you were trying to deflect nsg's scurmead but like in a non-aggressive way. it isn't 'classically' defensive but you were trying to get her a bit off of your back i think, so it read as defensive to me
-
Show
Hiatus once more.

Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Mare »

In post 933, catboi wrote:Him being slow catching up isn't a tell
In post 932, Mare wrote:Like
beyond being in "catch-up mode"
he literally just feels like he's posting the same kind of content in catch-up mode. It's bad!
In case I must reiterate given the quotes: my issue is not with him catching-up.
It is with him making the same kind of read/post on someone as he did as scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 776, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 769, skitter30 wrote:Oh fun, ok i have a lot to say on that, but give me a few hours
this rxn makes me think ur wrong Datisi regardless of her alignment
hmm? not sure what you mean
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 936, Mare wrote:In case I must reiterate given the quotes: my issue is not with him catching-up. It is with him making the same kind of read/post on someone as he did as scum.
counterpoint: slaugherhouse
literally nai
Show
Hiatus once more.

Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Mare »

I dislike people who do catch-ups but I know for some people they're necessary, cool. SirCakez probably does it as both alignments but that's not really the comparison I'm trying to draw here.
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Mare »

In post 938, skitter30 wrote:
In post 936, Mare wrote:In case I must reiterate given the quotes: my issue is not with him catching-up. It is with him making the same kind of read/post on someone as he did as scum.
counterpoint: slaugherhouse
literally nai
How is it NAI.
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Mare »

"I think this post is tonally gross!" Votes.

"This post bothers me tonally!" Votes.
Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Mare »

Same shit mildly different language.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 793, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 752, skitter30 wrote:really Bad Vote (and so was catboi's tbh)
I disagree fwiw, it's not a Good Vote but I have been uncharacteristically quiet for someone who normally loves fast-paced games.
sure, but i think it's a lazy vote and your behavior thus far is probably nai given holiday weekend etc
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by catboi »

cakez got yeeted as town in this game which was much slower paced because he was perpetually behind: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87588

And a singular point of him pushing on someone in a vaguely similarly worded way is really weak

bad case
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 830, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 828, Andante wrote:You're just jealous cause you were bottom of the draft
I literally spent the entirety of the last PYP game I played correctly calling the top drafter scum
pretty sure this time the top drafter isn't
Show
Hiatus once more.

Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Mare »

Don't care, was right last time and I feel the same about him so far, gonna stick with my vote.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 867, Mare wrote:Another observation is Andante immediately jumped on the numbers when used against her to swing at everyone else/deflect.
>.>
you're feeling a bit off tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 883, Andante wrote:VOTE: sleepless
In post 884, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 882, Andante wrote:SLEEPLESS!!! SLEEPLESS SCUM? 8 feels pretty safe to pick... I'm still not a fan of the "this is too much to read. see yall thursday"
My work schedule doesn't change based on alignment in mafia games. 8 hours between shifts is barely enough to sleep let alone read that many pages.
i mean absolutley true, but i'm also noting the beetlejuice
Show
Hiatus once more.

Mare
Mare
Goon
Mare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Mare »

In post 947, skitter30 wrote:
In post 867, Mare wrote:Another observation is Andante immediately jumped on the numbers when used against her to swing at everyone else/deflect.
>.>
you're feeling a bit off tbh
Want to slapfight me so you can figure it out sooner rather than later that I'm not off?

Return to “Completed Open Games”