Mini 690 - Grimmmafia (Game over, the flavor returns...)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Mod edit
Official Votecount:
Porkens (3): sirdanilot, dahill1, kloud1516
Gorrad (2): Biohazard, Plum
Fleurdelys (1): SpyreX

Not voting (5): CoheedCambria09, wolframnhart, Gorrad, Porkens, fleurdelys

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

Now it is different- Spyrex was pointing me desperately for a quite a long time, although I was ignoring it. This time he strongly suggests that I am a scum, but he actually never says why he thinks so. His tone is though really strong, and I don't like it.
I must be delerious,
are you serious?

There's no hesitation,
or desperation.

Suggestion is silly,
It makes me chilly.

I'm no weevil,
I've
said
you were evil.

You've been astounding,
my reasons compounding.

I've let you see my head,
they've all been said.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by dahill1 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:
wolframnhart wrote: I also don't get your first question coheed, do you expect him to say no?
This is too answer dahill's question too.

But Spyrex already answered it for me. I was wondering if he was third party aligned and won by himself. But he said that he was town, so for now I'm going to have to trust him (until he proves otherwise)
"I kill people at night"
"Are you a mafia or SK?"
"No"
"Ok i trust you"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

"I kill people at night"
"Are you a mafia or SK?"
"No"
"Ok i trust you"
Its off the path,
but it made me laugh.

Although I'm no bust,
The role isn't trust.
Show

Proud member of BaM
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by dahill1 »

SpyreX wrote:
"I kill people at night"
"Are you a mafia or SK?"
"No"
"Ok i trust you"
Its off the path,
but it made me laugh.

Although I'm no bust,
The role isn't trust.
not saying i think you're scum necessarily
but just pointing out coheed's blind trust of you just because you said you were pro-town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

"not saying i think you're scum necessarily
but just pointing out coheed's blind trust of you just because you said you were pro-town"

You'll see no fight,
I think you are right.

However obscure,
compared to fleur.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I'm not saying I blindly trust Spyrex. Not the least bit. I still have my suspicions about him but as he has yet to start on a townie killing spree I have to reserve judgement.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm the vig!
Just look at my sig!
Show

Proud member of BaM
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

SpyreX wrote:If I miss in a cinch,
you'll want my lynch?

I dont find that tasty,
its rather hasty.
No I am not trying to say right away, but if it seems like you are killing off people without a really good explanation as to why, i would seriously start reconsidering my stance on you is all.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

fleurdelys wrote:I have ambiguous feelings right now. I was thinking Porkens was quiet and I really don't like Owen Wilson-and I reckon it's him on the avatar:(-that was the cause of my first voting. Then, he became a little scummy by lurking, and then making his independent decision without consulting the town. Also, if Porkens is a scum and Spyrex is pro-town then Porkens might want to ruin his mission, and I think he didn't pronounce Spyrex' character's name correctly when he first wrote it, so I still think Porkens behaves scummy
Ok first, how was Porken lurking anymore then any other person? Gorrad and in a small way Plum (no offense to either) could have the same thing said about them at that time. Also are you saying there is no other posting done by him from his "lurking time" to his "independent decision" where you also thought he was scummy? As it is you seem to be picking up on parts that others have voiced and reiterating them to give you reason for keeping your vote on one person since the RV stage.
fleurdelys wrote:
SpyreX wrote:

I am no dope,
she needs a rope!

My target stays inside,
So they cant run and hide.
Now it is different- Spyrex was pointing me desperately for a quite a long time, although I was ignoring it. This time he strongly suggests that I am a scum, but he actually never says why he thinks so. His tone is though really strong, and I don't like it.

UNVOTE: PORKENS
And then here you unvote Porkens while stating that SpyreX's tone against you is strong and you don't like it? Then who do you think is scummy and why Fleur?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Gorrad »

SpyreX, what is the flavor for you turning into a vig? Were you given a reason? Rumplestiltskin in the story isn't a killer. Also, call it a hunch, but I'm having a bit of a hard time imagining Rumplestiltskin to WANT his name said.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, what is the flavor for you turning into a vig? Were you given a reason? Rumplestiltskin in the story isn't a killer. Also, call it a hunch, but I'm having a bit of a hard time imagining Rumplestiltskin to WANT his name said.
Although now I am braver,
not really any flavor.

It was just said,
not in the thread.

As for objective,
I'm not sure mod's perspective.
As it is you seem to be picking up on parts that others have voiced and reiterating them to give you reason for keeping your vote on one person since the RV stage.
You're starting to see,
Why she bothers me.

At least a good sample,
is your example.
Show

Proud member of BaM
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by fleurdelys »

Just because I hate being pointed at constantly by somebody who completely ignores my arguments, never comments on them, instead simply calls me stupid- makes me scummy. fair enough.
I'm not saying that Porkens did not write a lot, I'm just saying that he did not tried ever to save himself, explain, he was quiet intolerant about what we think of him, don't you think? However, he is not that scummy for me, and that's why i unvoted him. also, i have never voted for spyrex, i'm still thinking about my votes.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 am

Post by wolframnhart »

When did he call you stupid? And the fact about Porkens is before his unvote of you with no explanation he never had a reason to explain himself or need any defense. He has defended his actions thus so far though.

@Dahall1
What is the difference between Co's trust in Spyrex because he said he was pro-town, and the trust Fleur got by saying she was a Prince(town) role?

Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Biohazard »

Okay apologies for not being active I've been quite busy over the past several days. I've reread the thread and alot of intersting stuff has happened. First
Unvote:Gorrad
While I still have suspicions about him and I rather not keep changing my vote stances I believe it's worth looking at different people who have done various intersting actions over the course of the thread.
Porkens wrote:Let's do this;

Spyrex, your name is Rumpelstiltskin.
Porkens wrote:He seems pro-town to me.
This strikes me as odd and suspicous. Porkens didn't even consult with town consenus and stated the name anyways even though the town in the past suggested to not state the name until people could trust Sprye X. He basically went with his own instinct and went agaisnt town favor to state the name not even thinking about the consquences. At the very least if you find someone pro-town and wanted to say it then consulting the town about it would of been the logical thing to do and you just doing on your own accord.
dahill1 wrote:i actually just realized that Spyre probably is town mainly due to him trying to complete his mission openly. the first post said that mission bonuses are revealed once they're completed, so he would have no reason to do it openly as scum, since we would lynch him if the bonus was anti-town.
however, i can easily see Porkens, (if Spyre is town), saying the word just to gain some town points.
I disagree with this statement and it's WIFOM. The same thing could easily be applied if he was scum with two sides leading "He's town and wouldn't do that as scum" or "he's scum and trying to trick us as town" which could be debated but wouldn't get us anywhere. Also we have no idea wheter or not his bonus is either town or anti-town:
SpyreX wrote: I get to dance a jig,
since now I am vig
:twisted:
This does not nessecarly mean he's town. Also what I find peculiar about this is that he's outing himself as a powerrole. Wouldn't it be best if he was town to keep concealed as to not out himself for the night?
fleurdelys wrote:I have ambiguous feelings right now. I was thinking Porkens was quiet and I really don't like Owen Wilson-and I reckon it's him on the avatar:(-that was the cause of my first voting. Then, he became a little scummy by lurking, and then making his independent decision without consulting the town. Also, if Porkens is a scum and Spyrex is pro-town then Porkens might want to ruin his mission, and I think he didn't pronounce Spyrex' character's name correctly when he first wrote it, so I still think Porkens behaves scummy
Why even include your first vote on him because of his avatar? It's filler and doesn't add anything to discussion. While I agree with you about Porken's not consulting the town and going on his own, I don't understand your follow up statement about "if Porkens is scum and SpryeX is pro-town then Porkens might want to ruin his mission" His mission was to get someone to say his name and Porkens aided him in completing his mission. So your statement makes no sense. Also you stated that he mispronounced SpryeX's name wrong...so? That's just another filler post and that adds onto your reasons for suspecting Porkens as scum.

At the moment I don't have a solid vote but
Major fos: Porkens, SpryeX, and Fleur
Hazardous Chemicals Likely
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:10 am

Post by fleurdelys »

Porkens said his name twice, I think-and the first one had a mistake in it.
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Biohazard »

fleurdelys wrote:Porkens said his name twice, I think-and the first one had a mistake in it.
Okay... but how does correlate with him trying to ruin his mission or how does that seem suspicious at all?
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:47 am

Post by fleurdelys »

Because Spyrex was asking not to mistake his name, not to say it incorrectly, and said he had only one go. and so, porkens used it and said it incorrectly so he might have had destroyed spyrex's mission
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

This does not nessecarly mean he's town. Also what I find peculiar about this is that he's outing himself as a powerrole. Wouldn't it be best if he was town to keep concealed as to not out himself for the night?
In normal circumstance,
I would not do this dance.

With needing help,
to put my vig belt

The scum would be nervous,
and hunt me on purpose.

So by me declaring,
the town I am sharing.
Show

Proud member of BaM
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:28 am

Post by dahill1 »

Biohazard wrote:
dahill1 wrote:i actually just realized that Spyre probably is town mainly due to him trying to complete his mission openly. the first post said that mission bonuses are revealed once they're completed, so he would have no reason to do it openly as scum, since we would lynch him if the bonus was anti-town.
however, i can easily see Porkens, (if Spyre is town), saying the word just to gain some town points.
I disagree with this statement and it's WIFOM. The same thing could easily be applied if he was scum with two sides leading "He's town and wouldn't do that as scum" or "he's scum and trying to trick us as town" which could be debated but wouldn't get us anywhere. Also we have no idea wheter or not his bonus is either town or anti-town
that previous statement by me was made before the mod cleared up the questions concerning bonuses. i was under the assumption that once a bonus is completed, it is announced so in the thread, and the player is PMed the bonus. however, we later learned this wasn't true so you can just ignore that past post by me
wolframnhart wrote:When did he call you stupid? And the fact about Porkens is before his unvote of you with no explanation he never had a reason to explain himself or need any defense. He has defended his actions thus so far though.

@Dahall1
What is the difference between Co's trust in Spyrex because he said he was pro-town, and the trust Fleur got by saying she was a Prince(town) role?
Fleur claimed a specific role and mission which was believable to me. once it was established that spyre was a vig, all he said was "i'm pro-town". again, not saying i think he's scum necessarily, but you shouldn't trust him for not admitting to being scum :roll:
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:34 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Oh im not completely trusting SpyreX either, i believe i stated that before. I still just don't see much of a difference between what Fleur did and what SpyreX has done. Fleur claimed a specific role and mission to make her seem town and get votes off of her, and SpyreX just came out and said "i'm pro-town", the result was the same even if the methods were different.

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:36 am

Post by dahill1 »

wolframnhart wrote:Oh im not completely trusting SpyreX either, i believe i stated that before. I still just don't see much of a difference between what Fleur did and what SpyreX has done. Fleur claimed a specific role and mission to make her seem town and get votes off of her, and SpyreX just came out and said "i'm pro-town", the result was the same even if the methods were different.
i guess it's different for everyone
but fleur's was convincing to me
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

dahill1 wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:Oh im not completely trusting SpyreX either, i believe i stated that before. I still just don't see much of a difference between what Fleur did and what SpyreX has done. Fleur claimed a specific role and mission to make her seem town and get votes off of her, and SpyreX just came out and said "i'm pro-town", the result was the same even if the methods were different.
i guess it's different for everyone
but fleur's was convincing to me
Fair enough

kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:40 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Hey everyone, doing a quick reread to get caught up. I notified the mod on Sunday that I would have limited to no activity this week, but I have managed to find little pockets of time to get on, so the v/la may not be the problem I anticipated. :D
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Oh im not completely trusting SpyreX either, i believe i stated that before. I still just don't see much of a difference between what Fleur did and what SpyreX has done. Fleur claimed a specific role and mission to make her seem town and get votes off of her, and SpyreX just came out and said "i'm pro-town", the result was the same even if the methods were different.
I
am no fool,
She
played like a tool.

You're two examples,
are Oranges and Apples.

Her vindication is in her claim,
Mine in my game.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Biohazard »

fleurdelys wrote:Because Spyrex was asking not to mistake his name, not to say it incorrectly, and said he had only one go. and so, porkens used it and said it incorrectly so he might have had destroyed spyrex's mission
So there's really no reason to keep be suspicious about that since Porkens just said again soon after he saw that he had spelt it wrong. And the mission presumably was completed anyways so there's really no reason to keep grasping at straws here Fleur.
dahill1 wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
I disagree with this statement and it's WIFOM. The same thing could easily be applied if he was scum with two sides leading "He's town and wouldn't do that as scum" or "he's scum and trying to trick us as town" which could be debated but wouldn't get us anywhere. Also we have no idea wheter or not his bonus is either town or anti-town
that previous statement by me was made before the mod cleared up the questions concerning bonuses. i was under the assumption that once a bonus is completed, it is announced so in the thread, and the player is PMed the bonus. however, we later learned this wasn't true so you can just ignore that past post by me
I checked back and see I mistakened your post. Didn't see that you were under the pretenses of assuming that bonuses were revealed and they weren't. My mistake.
SpyreX wrote:
In normal circumstance,
I would not do this dance.

With needing help,
to put my vig belt

The scum would be nervous,
and hunt me on purpose.

So by me declaring,
the town I am sharing.
So you are just claiming to prove yourself as town? I'm a little confused. The scum as you said would most likely try to nightkill the vig (you) so why proclaim your role. As I see it if your town you would withhold your role as to not out yourself for killing and contiune living to help the town as claiming you had obtained the vig role would most likely get you killed and town loses a power role. The only way I can see if you were confident in claiming role is that if you are scum or have something else in your role. I'm not immediatly assuming this but a little elaboration would help.

Also to a note for all players: I'll be posting a PBPA post to show what I think of players and some of their actions mostly so I can reaffirm my thoughts and throw my two cents into discussion.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”