marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by marcistar »

Prism wasn't the most townie by the end of it all, but that's because everybody else drowned her out. Posts like (, , , ) give amazing reads on the gamestate. Wasn't Prism the first person to point out how horrible Cabds read on Catboi was..? You know, the one yall drowned the chat with
forever
? As well, posts like (, , ) show off her willingness to be a sacrifice/die. That doesn't benefit scum at all, since this game is always changing, if she was scum, how would she be confident her scum teammates and their dance partners would make it long enough to endgame..? That wouldn't be a guarantee, so why is she offering herself up like this if shes scum?

Norwegianboyee literally said in "So i won’t accept anything until i know what i’m doing." but people such as Datisi, Firebringer, Guiltylion and probably more have brought this up as a point against him. But literally before Taly even proposed Norwee laid out what he was gonna do???? Thats such an easy and bs thing to push for an elim, that it cant help but make me think people are capitalizing on it. Hes also done some good questions/reads such as (, , , , ). also makes quite alot of sense considering what he told me in the private thread, and I don't think he would fake that considering ?? i can just check ?? not that hard LMAO. He has more good posts that I could go on quoting, but thats a bit redundant. His attitude has been something that really stood out to some people, but thats just normal Norwee. I know based on his personality and general playstyle hes a pretty easy miselim (my very first game with him, he was the d1 miselim and scum wasn't even
on
his wagon) and that's something people may capitlize on
if hes town here.
Also everything he's promised me in our private thread, hes done.. his thoughts line up perfectly, that it really just seems too hard for scum to fake.

Not_mafia is not mafia clearly. :oops:
Spoiler:
felt the need to do this since i was doing paragraphs on each era of the slot and didn't want him to feel left out :cry:

I really feel like we shouldn't be aiming to get people out just based off of playstyle, instead I think we should be doing whos the most sus. Picking off people based off of playstyle things, when their slot hasn't really been all that sus is ?? and only helps scum.
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3973, RH9 wrote:Just ISOed GL's latest towngame. It does seem similar to here. I guess that I was wrong about GL from before. Moving him back to a townlean.
In post 3974, RH9 wrote:(By latest towngame, I mean Shakespeare uPick which just ended before I ISOed him.)
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=82570&user_select%5B%5D=26515

Do you see it as similar or different to this one?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Taly »

The dissonance between the major case against
Norwe
and the reasons I've asserted suspicion have not gone unnoticed, it's just that my points never got addressed and I don't know why
Norwe
self-destructs and presumes that scum has won already when we've got 16 players alive.

Like, I interpret this as
Norwe
telling me that I'm either completely blind to catching scum (TMI in some form imo, either discouraging me from a correct read or knowing that I am incorrect), or that he is just imploding from the pressure's growth. It does not read to me as frustration that is exclusive to a town mentality.

And now I can't discern this further so this is WIFOM and
NM
is not a player conducive to elucidating this.

I want to hear what
Norwe
was like in your PT,
Marci
. How big was it? What did y'all talk about?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

ngl I think determining STD's alignment might legit click the game into place for me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3976, Harley Quinn wrote:Do you see it as similar or different to this one?
do _you_ see it as similar or different to this one?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

I’m thinking Marci’s likey town based off of that last post.

People ask why I have the reads I do, some are based off logic, others’ gut. I keep trying but my gut doesn’t feel confident on gl for some reason but I can’t yet put my finger on it yet.

It’s open to change of course but something is preventing from saying, yeah, I think he’s town here. He still may be but my gut doesn’t feel confident in that.

I’m thinking I was wrong on galron though and that slot could have been miselimbait but obviously many slots are fooling me here obviously if this is the best I’ve got.

I’m not sure how I felt about Titus’ reaction to gl getting wagoned though, because if she thinks he’s scum why not start her own wagon, so I’m also paranoing on Titus now as well despite my LLD read. *shrug*
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:01 pm

I skimmed a few things and I suddenly have a strong townread that I didn't have before

but I don't want to out it just yet since I need to double check that it makes sense with the rest of the game before really solidifying it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@marci, at what point did you start thinking Prism/Norwee slot was town?

also, who would you say is picking people off of playstyle things? I don't like the last bit of the post without you offering any specific names and players you are thinking are more suspicious than Norway
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm not set on a
Norwe
lim but the proposal being a playstyle grievance still does not reflect the fact that his reply to
Ydrasse's
vote was both flippant and defensive, or that I prodded him at least once to combat my assertions and he receded.

It read like an admission of guilt.

And this isn't just me prompting a more thorough read on
Norwe
from you,
Marci
, I want to hear more from
GL
on why he's spent the majority of his focus lately reiterating the same point about
Norwe's
progression on the proposal. It feels overkill.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:03 pm

I don't think Marci's post is necessarily town at all

my issue with it is I can't really decipher whether it's more likely that it's a town mindset or scum mindset that creates that post considering my issues with it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3975, marcistar wrote:You know, the one yall drowned the chat with forever?
also, who was "drowning the chat"? This feels like a weird characterization around the narrative around Cabd - like yeah, it came up a bunch of times and a lot of people wanted Smart limmed as soon as he replaced in, but there was still a lot of other discussion going on around the time too
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3983, Taly wrote:I want to hear more from GL on why he's spent the majority of his focus lately reiterating the same point about Norwe's progression on the proposal. It feels overkill.
because Norway's only sitting at 5 votes (6 now after you joined on his replace out), and a bunch of slots like RH9, HQ, marci appear to be townreading Norwee and unwilling to vote there
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3977, Taly wrote:The dissonance between the major case against
Norwe
and the reasons I've asserted suspicion have not gone unnoticed, it's just that my points never got addressed and I don't know why
Norwe
self-destructs and presumes that scum has won already when we've got 16 players alive.

Like, I interpret this as
Norwe
telling me that I'm either completely blind to catching scum (TMI in some form imo, either discouraging me from a correct read or knowing that I am incorrect), or that he is just imploding from the pressure's growth. It does not read to me as frustration that is exclusive to a town mentality.

And now I can't discern this further so this is WIFOM and
NM
is not a player conducive to elucidating this.

I want to hear what
Norwe
was like in your PT,
Marci
. How big was it? What did y'all talk about?
+1

I was going to c & p his response in Squid game before he repped out of that. I probably would have townlocked him in that, were it not for koba wrongly scumlocking him.

He just gave up and didn’t even try to fight off the srs like he did in that game. When he replaced out in Squid game, he had put up a really decent fight and just finally gave up but he didn’t really put up two much if a fight in this one.

And NM isn’t doing anything to help with that.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

well I guess HQ might be coming around but earlier she was saying he was town cause he saw her as town
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Taly what are you thinking regarding STD atm
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3984, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I don't think Marci's post is necessarily town at all

my issue with it is I can't really decipher whether it's more likely that it's a town mindset or scum mindset that creates that post considering my issues with it
Oh really? I viewed it as Marci tr Norwee because her post sounded like she had conviction in that read. I do wonder why she didn’t pair with Angie however because I think that’s probably one if not the main reasons she likey signed up for this, based off how badly she wanted to play with Marci.

@Marci did you sr Angie? Is that why you didn’t pair with her?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:12 pm

there's posts to townread Marci for

that post is not one of them
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3988, GuiltyLion wrote:well I guess HQ might be coming around but earlier she was saying he was town cause he saw her as town
I’m a notoriously easy pocket and anyone who’s ever played with me knows it.

@Titus, why did you organize your readslists totally based around gl’s alignment?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 3976, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3973, RH9 wrote:Just ISOed GL's latest towngame. It does seem similar to here. I guess that I was wrong about GL from before. Moving him back to a townlean.
In post 3974, RH9 wrote:(By latest towngame, I mean Shakespeare uPick which just ended before I ISOed him.)

Strangely, it seems like some of it is but some are really unusual coming from GL.
GuiltyLion wrote:Yeah, makes sense

VOTE: Atarashi
I don't think GL has done this in this game or in Shakespeare uPick. Though, town!GL had this cool post, [post=here]here[/post].
I still think GL makes sense as a townlean because voting without cases is a scum!GL thing which GL hasn't done in this game at all.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 3993, RH9 wrote:
In post 3976, Harley Quinn wrote:

Strangely, it seems like some of it is but some are really unusual coming from GL.
GuiltyLion wrote:Yeah, makes sense

VOTE: Atarashi
I don't think GL has done this in this game or in Shakespeare uPick. Though, town!GL had this cool post, .
I still think GL makes sense as a townlean because voting without cases is a scum!GL thing which GL hasn't done in this game at all.
EBWOP

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 3986, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3983, Taly wrote:I want to hear more from GL on why he's spent the majority of his focus lately reiterating the same point about Norwe's progression on the proposal. It feels overkill.
because Norway's only sitting at 5 votes (6 now after you joined on his replace out), and a bunch of slots like RH9, HQ, marci appear to be townreading Norwee and unwilling to vote there
Remind me GL when did I say that Norwee is Town. I'm willing to vote N_M. I just want N_M to out his reads.

v/la every weekend

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 3989, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Taly what are you thinking regarding STD atm
I wonder if I've just found their playstyle appealing and feel a bit blinded there.

I've townread them for awhile because I could not attach a scum agenda and they've been generally a pleasant slot this game, plus some mindmelding at certain points that aren't at the top of my head.

I think their stances so far have not been very unique so it is not a strong read either way.

What do you think?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

RH9 I don't think you should use that post as an example of anything, it was right after my partner was guiltied so there was no reasoning I needed to give and I wanted to make it look as casual as possible
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:19 pm

In post 3996, Taly wrote:
In post 3989, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Taly what are you thinking regarding STD atm
I wonder if I've just found their playstyle appealing and feel a bit blinded there.

I've townread them for awhile because I could not attach a scum agenda and they've been generally a pleasant slot this game, plus some mindmelding at certain points that aren't at the top of my head.

I think their stances so far have not been very unique so it is not a strong read either way.

What do you think?
I don't know

I'm pretty easily blindsided by the more oldschool players and STD seems like one of them

it's just kinda yikes since that pairing is the most likely third pairing I think I can be confident in reading TvT but I'm really not confident I can read STD well enough to do that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

eh ok fair, you haven't called him a townread, but you did push back against my case on him and did seem to be reluctant to vote there after your initial vote/unvote

maybe I read too much into you lawyering for him last night

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”