Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3899, RH9 wrote:Nah, but GL's apology made me realise that was probably playstyle differences and mistakes on GL's behalf for the case. I would have liked an answer but I don't think that GL has the time. Sure, you can help answer them, but I think that GL's case seems like GL has strong points but included weak points. Plus, GL corrected himself later and I am feeling OK about it.
I can respond if it would help you. I don't disagree that some of the points against Norwee are weaker than others, it's more about taken in aggregate I have a number of reasons ranging in strength to see that guy as scum.

The reason I didn't initially respond is cause a few of your counterarguments, like "what if Norwee wanted to sort his partner?" or "why wouldn't Norwee feel anxious as town" are things that are
possible
in a strict sense of the word, I just personally feel they're less likely than the alternate scum explanation.

A few of them I think you misunderstood - my point on Norwee/marci not talking about each other had nothing to do with the PT and what to do with the *public* game thread - both of them initially gave tentative reads on each other and then these reads evolve without much explanation or clear reasoning why.

Norway on marci: "gut says town but will get more clear with time" , "townleaning them for now" , "if Marci is scum I'll leave, haven't had any holy shit this is town moments with her" , "marci is likely town from the PT" , "tempted to townread her just based on how low we are in POE" , "I'm not talking about Marcistar because they haven't been very active recently. Is lack of activity scum indicative?
That's all i have to go on atm.
" <- [so what happened to "likely town" from the PT???] .

marci on Norway: "i like the takes from people about how weird it is that norwegianboyee didnt pair with taly, but idk if i agree too much..?" , "hopefully norwegianboyees not scum, i hope ill be able to tell" , reads post "NorwegianboyEE - idk, im tryna find that out tho" , then "why are u guys all so pressed abt norwee just wanting to read up before doing anything, its not that scummy and u guys just hate him cuz its what's ez"

To me, whenever they comment on each other it feels like they take whatever position is convenient, usually a nully/tentative townread, but don't reference anything from their PT to explain why. Marci in particular has said she's trying to sort Norwee, but then pushed back on people pressuring him and barely commented on how her read on him is developing. I don't think it looks like what I would expect from two town unaligned players trying to figure each other out.

On the "what if Norway didn't recognize he could partner with Taly", I think you're just wrong here, he definitely had the opportunity. Taly mentioned proposing, Norway talked about it and said he'd probably do it, even citing why - he likes "big balls plays", and then he
quoted the Taly proposal post
and said "Noted", without accepting. I don't think you can genuinely argue Norway didn't see the opportunity to pair, he literally noted it in .

Hey look Titus! I'm using ~ citations ~!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ah, I made a mistake, he didn't actually quote the Taly post. For some reason I thought I remembered he did. Never mind that point lol. But he did say "Noted", that still stands
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1139, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1137, Taly wrote:ily norwee how do you feel about an IC as a partner
Don’t sound bad.
But i’m not 100% in the game yet. So i won’t accept anything until i know what i’m doing.
this is probably the post I read that made me think Norway was quoting Taly when he noted the proposal

I will grant Titus that I am not really editing my posts and again would probably benefit from that lol
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Y’all gonna keep vote or keep ruminating the same thoughts over and over again.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 3903, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Y’all gonna keep vote or keep ruminating the same thoughts over and over again.
We're moving on. Maybe talk to GL. It can't hurt.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 3900, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3899, RH9 wrote:Nah, but GL's apology made me realise that was probably playstyle differences and mistakes on GL's behalf for the case. I would have liked an answer but I don't think that GL has the time. Sure, you can help answer them, but I think that GL's case seems like GL has strong points but included weak points. Plus, GL corrected himself later and I am feeling OK about it.
I can respond if it would help you. I don't disagree that some of the points against Norwee are weaker than others, it's more about taken in aggregate I have a number of reasons ranging in strength to see that guy as scum.

The reason I didn't initially respond is cause a few of your counterarguments, like "what if Norwee wanted to sort his partner?" or "why wouldn't Norwee feel anxious as town" are things that are
possible
in a strict sense of the word, I just personally feel they're less likely than the alternate scum explanation.

A few of them I think you misunderstood - my point on Norwee/marci not talking about each other had nothing to do with the PT and what to do with the *public* game thread - both of them initially gave tentative reads on each other and then these reads evolve without much explanation or clear reasoning why.

Norway on marci: "gut says town but will get more clear with time" , "townleaning them for now" , "if Marci is scum I'll leave, haven't had any holy shit this is town moments with her" , "marci is likely town from the PT" , "tempted to townread her just based on how low we are in POE" , "I'm not talking about Marcistar because they haven't been very active recently. Is lack of activity scum indicative?
That's all i have to go on atm.
" <- [so what happened to "likely town" from the PT???] .

marci on Norway: "i like the takes from people about how weird it is that norwegianboyee didnt pair with taly, but idk if i agree too much..?" , "hopefully norwegianboyees not scum, i hope ill be able to tell" , reads post "NorwegianboyEE - idk, im tryna find that out tho" , then "why are u guys all so pressed abt norwee just wanting to read up before doing anything, its not that scummy and u guys just hate him cuz its what's ez"

To me, whenever they comment on each other it feels like they take whatever position is convenient, usually a nully/tentative townread, but don't reference anything from their PT to explain why. Marci in particular has said she's trying to sort Norwee, but then pushed back on people pressuring him and barely commented on how her read on him is developing. I don't think it looks like what I would expect from two town unaligned players trying to figure each other out.

On the "what if Norway didn't recognize he could partner with Taly", I think you're just wrong here, he definitely had the opportunity. Taly mentioned proposing, Norway talked about it and said he'd probably do it, even citing why - he likes "big balls plays", and then he
quoted the Taly proposal post
and said "Noted", without accepting. I don't think you can genuinely argue Norway didn't see the opportunity to pair, he literally noted it in .

Hey look Titus! I'm using ~ citations ~!
That's fair.

v/la every weekend

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Taly »

In post 3903, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Y’all gonna keep vote or keep ruminating the same thoughts over and over again.
I've had pretty original thoughts lately including on you and you've yet to interact with any of it

It tells me you don't want to give information when you're in the perfect position to deliver it.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No, i just stopped giving a damn Taly.
Oh that reminds me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:08 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

NorwegianBoyEE is being replaced
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:09 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 3872, Save The Dragons wrote:marcistar i dunno just feels off. i don't like her "i'm sring Andante but maybe it's lessened" to her "anyone tring Andante is bad" for example
whats so weird abt it..? theres 962 posts in between?

i- :cry: i had fun with you norwee!! ttyl :good:
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Taly »

I honestly don't know what I did to piss him off :/
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Something_Smart »

._.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Datisi »

yikes.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Taly »

VOTE: Norwe + Marcistar

I'm sorry
Marci
, I don't want to wait for a replacement. Please send your reads ASAP.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 am

I wouldn't imagine the replacement would take that long.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Taly »

I'll unvote if it happens before an elimination. I just have a strong scumread of how
Norwe
reacted to the suspicion and I am exhausted with scumreads continually replacing out in games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:22 am

I guess my dislike for yeeting empty slots doesn't really apply in a mountainous game.

I will at least let marci get in final thoughts but if it's still empty by then then sure.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3910, Taly wrote:I honestly don't know what I did to piss him off :/
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3912, Datisi wrote:yikes.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3910, Taly wrote:I honestly don't know what I did to piss him off :/
Clarification.
There is nothing personal. I decided for my own good it’s better to leave the game. It is better for my own overall enjoyment of mafia to replace out of games when i stop having fun playing.
I don’t want to give the impression i’m somehow blaming all of you.
I won’t post anymore after this @Pooky

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:27 am

bruh
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 am

Post by RH9 »

How's Andante, Firebringer?

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 am

Post by RH9 »

She hasn't posted in a while. Is everything OK?

v/la every weekend

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3921, RH9 wrote:How's Andante, Firebringer?
haven't seen her post in pt. she hasn't posted to my last part in story. its been a little less than 24 hours. give her time
Show

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 3923, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3921, RH9 wrote:How's Andante, Firebringer?
haven't seen her post in pt. she hasn't posted to my last part in story. its been a little less than 24 hours. give her time
OK. Just hope that she is well.

v/la every weekend

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”