Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1797, Datisi wrote:
In post 1795, marcistar wrote:why not..? i know if i was in his shoes i would prob wanna continue catching up first as well (since i have a bad memory i wanna finish what i started first : P)
it's my personality read on norwee
Does scum-
Norwe
call the IC a moron?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Taly »

I lean no but that's not a clearing action.

:( I demand
Norwe
kiss the ouchie that he gave me.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't know, probably? to be fair i've read his recent meltdown and i got a bit of a feeling it's a townie one, so /shrug
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1795, marcistar wrote:
In post 1448, catboi wrote:I disliked Norwee gesturing toward marcistar in because it feels manipulative, like he's trying to win the favor of someone who won't want to leave him.
originally i didnt think of it in this way because i feel like norwegianboyee has said something very similar before,
In post 86, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Idk why but Marcistar is like… really good at reading me? Even when everyone else fails at it?

I have a lot of respect for their tonal reads is what i’m saying. So high hopes for this mindmeld on T3 here.
and i was a bit paranoid about him here after this, but he winded up being town so i didnt really think it would indicate too much for him to do it here.
How did
Norwe
wind up being town?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:15 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1802, Datisi wrote:i don't know, probably? to be fair i've read his recent meltdown and i got a bit of a feeling it's a townie one, so /shrug
do u think he would be a good partner for me? :?
In post 1803, Taly wrote:
In post 1795, marcistar wrote:
In post 1448, catboi wrote:I disliked Norwee gesturing toward marcistar in because it feels manipulative, like he's trying to win the favor of someone who won't want to leave him.
originally i didnt think of it in this way because i feel like norwegianboyee has said something very similar before,
In post 86, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Idk why but Marcistar is like… really good at reading me? Even when everyone else fails at it?

I have a lot of respect for their tonal reads is what i’m saying. So high hopes for this mindmeld on T3 here.
and i was a bit paranoid about him here after this, but he winded up being town so i didnt really think it would indicate too much for him to do it here.
How did
Norwe
wind up being town?
in the game for the second quote he was a townie, did i word that weirdly?
so since it much similar, to what hes said in this game, it doesnt mean too much imo
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1547, Andante wrote:
In post 1544, catboi wrote:I can explain the math to you if you really want (I assume most people in this game aren't big enough nerds to care) but it is significantly more likely that there are 0-1 scum in the gentlemen from my POV than 4 scum from your POV. 0 is unlikely but still possible.
Yes I want the math. I love math. Like, why isn't it more likely just 1-2 on both? like, I can see why the gentleman statistically would not be more than 2 (still could be) but, I'd say 1-2 there, and then that makes it 2-3 for ladies. Or it's just 2 and 2 and they're gonna pair with each other and call it a day
Okay. I like probability and statistics, will try to make this simple but I don't want to spend too much time explaining how this is calculated. The way you go about calculating possible scumteams is using combinations, since the order of players in a scumteam doesn't matter for determining the number of possibilities - a team of me/you/fire/mala would be the same as a team of fire/mala/me/you, for instance.

So, looking at it this way, from the POV of someone who is not Taly, there are 15 slots they do not know the alignment of (they know that they're town and taly is town). This means the total number of possible scumteams calculates as follows:

C(15,4) = 15!/(4!*(15-4)!) = 1365

Now, we can find the probability of any particular grouping of scum among the Gents/Ladies by calculating the number of possible teams that have that composition.

From your point of view in the game, there are 7 unconfirmed Gentlemen and 8 unconfirmed ladies. The number of possible 4-scum teams among those 7 gents is:

C(7,4) = 7!/(4!*(7-4)!) = 35

Now, 35/1365 = 0.0256, which is a pretty small probability.

From my point of view, though, there are only 6 unconfirmed Gentlemen and 9 unconfirmed Ladies, because I know I'm town and I don't know if any of you are town. The number of scumteams where there are 4 ladies from my POV is:

C(9,4) = 9!/(4!*(9-4)!) = 126

126/1365 = 0.0923

This is still unlikely, but it's over 3 times as likely as there being 4 scum in the Gents from your POV, and a 9% chance isn't really insignificant.

The possibility of only 1 scum among the gents is where the number of possibilities gets to be very big, because you end up having to multiply the number of possible scumteams among the ladies with each possible gentleman they can be teamed with.

6*C(9,3) = 6* 9!/(3!*(9-3)!) = 6*84 = 504

That give a probability of

504/1365 = 0.3692

Which is pretty big! If you add together the probabilities for 0 and 1 scum in the gents from my POV, it's 0.4615, which as I said earlier, is nearly a coinflip.

And based on how I'm reading the game, it
feels
right. None of the gents have been that scummy to me. And in a distribution where scum is concentrated more significantly among the ladies, it makes sense for the scum to try to directly push the town among the ladies to reduce the amount of possible town/town pairs. I get a sense of that happening.

In post 1736, Titus wrote:
In post 1732, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:What's your exp with him

I don't think I've ever played with him before
Presuming this means catboi. Catboi gives enough detail to where you know where he stands and what he thinks, especially at the start. I'm a bit worried he'll get drowned out because of the pace (my bad). While he's not the best scumhunter (but still decent), he's a great person to bounce ideas off of. If he's town and you're town, I think it would be a happy pairing.
I can keep up with the pace perfectly fine, I just choose not to contribute to the noise level at this point in time, especially when I find it largely uninteresting.

1/10
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1804, marcistar wrote:do u think he would be a good partner for me?
i don't really... have an opinion? why ask me?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:21 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1804, marcistar wrote:
In post 1802, Datisi wrote:i don't know, probably? to be fair i've read his recent meltdown and i got a bit of a feeling it's a townie one, so /shrug
do u think he would be a good partner for me? :?
I know that I wasn't asked but Norwee would be great. Wait, you were talking about Norwee, right?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:44 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1806, Datisi wrote:
In post 1804, marcistar wrote:do u think he would be a good partner for me?
i don't really... have an opinion? why ask me?
because i want to????? :roll:
i dont remember if u had any opinions on who i should pair with
In post 1807, RH9 wrote:I know that I wasn't asked but Norwee would be great. Wait, you were talking about Norwee, right?
yeah,
i dont know if i like much of the other ladies left : ( but i wanna see if norwegianboyee wouldwanna solve with me or not first
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1797, Datisi wrote:
In post 1795, marcistar wrote:why not..? i know if i was in his shoes i would prob wanna continue catching up first as well (since i have a bad memory i wanna finish what i started first : P)
it's my personality read on norwee
You're not beating Marcistar.
And what the heck? It's your personality for me to never be cautious and just yeehaw lolhammer? Seriously?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's my personality*
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think you're confusing me with N_M

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1808, marcistar wrote:i dont know if i like much of the other ladies left : ( but i wanna see if norwegianboyee wouldwanna solve with me or not first
Well, yes.
I did say i preferred you the most from all of the available choices earlier.

- Bunno
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1809, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's your personality for me to never be cautious and just yeehaw lolhammer?
maybe :shifty:
~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1801, Taly wrote:I demand Norwe kiss the ouchie that he gave me.
I know i can be an asshole. I'm sorry.

- Bunno
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Datisi »

the longer this is going the more i am getting worried if i'm wrong on gl and norwee ahahahah i hate mafia why do i play it
~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's not like i think i'm even good at mafia.
But i get so tilted when i see someone pushing for something i know or strongly believe is BS.

- Bunno
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

Norwee if I pretend and lie to u that I townread u
Can I get friendly norwee
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1817, Firebringer wrote:Norwee if I pretend and lie to u that I townread u
You can get sarcastically friendly Norwee.

- Bunno
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1818, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1817, Firebringer wrote:Norwee if I pretend and lie to u that I townread u
You can get sarcastically friendly Norwee.
I’ll take it
U big town now
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh woow.
Firebringer "townreads" me. :roll:

Love you tho buddy.

- Bunno
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1815, Datisi wrote:the longer this is going the more i am getting worried if i'm wrong on gl and norwee ahahahah i hate mafia why do i play it
The trick is not to care and push all doubts to the side and laugh
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

On topic norwee since I just fooled u why do u take me as just town here
Show

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also i could never get mad at you Marcistar so our PT would be super friendly.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1822, Firebringer wrote:On topic norwee since I just fooled u why do u take me as just town here
Have i ever said i think you're town?

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”