Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Taly »

And please, if any of you feel frustration, deadline is in the 3 days, take time off.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1774, Taly wrote:Fire/Datisi, can you digress on your GL townread?
short version is that i feel that the things he's said check out - pairing with me guarantees he's gonna have to have the scum performance of his life to not die. even taking what he's said about not endgaming as scum into account, it feels like it would be much easier for him to survive longer if he paired with like, anyone else. and the amount of analysis and effort feels townie.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Taly »

Do you have a quote or link on his mention of not endgaming as scum? I can do the homework later but I'm just asking if you already know where it is.

Also encouraging everybody to backup their replies with quotes and links so I have a clearer viewpoint or A to B to C.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1562, GuiltyLion wrote:I hate being endgame scum and normally what I aim to do is bully my way to surviving a few days through the easy MLs while making my teammates look as dis-associated as possible, and then sac myself so that they can try to endgame. Part of the reason this strategy is usually necessary is also because I tend to get killed early when I'm town in most games and so me being alive in LIMLO is rather damning most of the time - I recognize that doesn't apply in this setup as much given the lack of traditional NK, but dancing with Datisi and then needing to spend the whole game making sure Datisi doesn't paranoia leave doesn't strike me as something I'd want to do or something I'd be good at.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Taly »

GuiltyLion
, why pair with
Datisi
if you think there's a decent chance of him leaving you?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Taly »

Also
GL
, what are mislims that you think are easy in this game? IE, who do you think is in any PoE to be left out that you think is a misfire?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1769, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:no, I actually don't remember a single thing that StD has even done this game
wow i sung in the begining
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:45 am

datisi i'll answer your question with a question

what was your opinion on LLD
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:46 am

i actually feel a little better about GL with some of his posts but some of his posts still ping me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:49 am

like the efforting from titus has a more positive aura than the efforting from GL if that makes any sense
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:51 am

maybe it is possible to play this game like coalition but i think that's unlikely to happen given everyone's disparate town reads
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1782, Save The Dragons wrote:what was your opinion on LLD
started off decent, the suspicion at guiltylion was okay-ish. i remember thinking some parts of her push were ??? and some i
could
buy coming from town. the timing of it felt a little bit like she was attempting to break up a townblock.
~M
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:03 am

fair enough

i really liked her for town and titus hasn't dissuaded me but i look forward to seeing what a pt with titus will be like
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Datisi »

any scum candidates other than guiltylion?
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1786, Datisi wrote:
In post 1782, Save The Dragons wrote:what was your opinion on LLD
started off decent, the suspicion at guiltylion was okay-ish. i remember thinking some parts of her push were ??? and some i
could
buy coming from town. the timing of it felt a little bit like she was attempting to break up a townblock.
A townblock composing of?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Datisi »

me and gl
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Datisi »

the more accurate saying would be "trying to break up two townies townreading each other" but why type so many words
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Taly »

I recall someone saying that
LLD/GL-scum
were capable of that level of distancing. I presume you would strongly disagree.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Datisi »

i do think they're capable, especially in a setup like this. i just don't think gl is scum individually
~M
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:41 am

In post 1788, Datisi wrote:any scum candidates other than guiltylion?
i think marci could still be scum

someone like mala/lily could be scum

rh9 could be scum

norwee could be scum
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:44 am

Post by marcistar »

i- theres more than 10 pages wtf im crying in pain
In post 1441, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1439, marcistar wrote:anyone who townreads andante has bad reads,
im pretty neutral on andante these days, might have something to do with alyssa saying she is town, whats ur reason on andante scum
this is literally her gameplay strat
her posts are so empty when u look deeper at their meanings :/
In post 1448, catboi wrote:I disliked Norwee gesturing toward marcistar in because it feels manipulative, like he's trying to win the favor of someone who won't want to leave him.
originally i didnt think of it in this way because i feel like norwegianboyee has said something very similar before,
In post 86, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Idk why but Marcistar is like… really good at reading me? Even when everyone else fails at it?

I have a lot of respect for their tonal reads is what i’m saying. So high hopes for this mindmeld on T3 here.
and i was a bit paranoid about him here after this, but he winded up being town so i didnt really think it would indicate too much for him to do it here.
In post 1448, catboi wrote:I feel like norwee would be getting more butthurt at getting incorrectly sussed as town. I hate that that's a Thing at all, but I can't really avoid thinking it.
i can see how u think this
In post 1451, Taly wrote:
In post 1439, marcistar wrote:the reason i signed up as a gentleman was i wanted to have more choice instead of just getting an arranged marriage :/
ill take ur opinion into consideration.
Who would you pair with?
someone whos not totally inactive, but someone who wont make me drown from how much they speak :/
In post 1540, Andante wrote:I just feel like the whole "idk... ummm Hey Taly. approval?" is like trying to shift responsibility to Taly, so if it's a S/S partnering which it could be (cause Dragons hasn't done anything) you're just wanting Taly on board "or else I accept the other offer" like what?? Shouldn't this just be who you see yourself working with the best, OR who you TR? This whole situation feels odd to me, ESPECIALLY the "Otherwise, I likely accept Galron's proposal "
+ shes trying to make taly think higher of her by making sure hes not overloaded.
In post 1542, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Who am i to solve the game without your guidance.
if i proposed would u help me solve t-t
In post 1549, Titus wrote:Marcistar goes with mala.
i wouldn't wanna be with her, i dont think ive played with her before so i wouldnt know how to help her, or how to even read her.

the guiltylions wall she quoted, is soo much for me to read i barely got much from it cuz i just lost interest :/ is that why she hates it as well?
In post 1600, GuiltyLion wrote:Her readslist is super marci-centric at a time marci was getting scumread, she basically asks half of the players in the game why they're suspicious/scumreading marci. Even if lily isn't a forum mafia vet, I can't see even a newbie scum tying themselves to a suspected buddy so blatantly like this with their first posts of the game.
i was trying to look for a meme, but i couldnt find it.
but me and lily buddy alot as either alignment.
In post 1639, GuiltyLion wrote: thoughts on lily are making me reevaluate. the more I sit with it the more I think if marci is town then those lily posts are worse than I had thought. I still don't think it's S/S energy but I do think lily seems like she both wants to buddy marci but also doesn't want to actually be tied to her.

I'm kinda hoping to see some marci thoughts on that, either in the pages I'm in the process of reading or in the near future.
im not surprised if she doesnt wanna be tied to me, i think shes paranoid because of my other friends stories, but doesnt wanna be left out of the dance as well.
and whenever shes paranoid abt me shes usually town so like :shrug:
if shes scum she wont be paranoid abt me, but still tries to play me to her advantage and humor me in most of my scumreads. tho usually then i get on her case and she just rolls over and dies.
In post 1641, Andante wrote:tbh this game is gonna turn into "if you tr me I tr you" I already have that feeling
scummy.
In post 1693, GuiltyLion wrote:I did wonder at the time if LLD was wrongTown and one of, or both, of marci/galron were aiming for this well-poisoning effect. That's definitely a narrative I can imagine, and LLD then proposing to pair herself with Taly also felt like it might be a Town Move.
why didnt u bring up this point before? :< whyd u wait until someone else did?
In post 1703, GuiltyLion wrote:I think forgetting that you just paired EE also feels like the whole thing is more likely to be fake. like I think the cognitive load of scum having to lie about their reads on all the slots makes messing up and double pairing more likely than if you're town who's genuinely working through each slot thinking about who is remaining after you decide on a pair.

@
MARCI
, @
Norwee
- what do you two think about this point in particular? It's similar (though not quite exactly the same) to how I was on scum!Vanders forgetting who was in which grouping in the game we played together, so you've seen me nail scum on a similar point before. Is town!Titus likely to forget she wanted Norway and Datisi paired together?
i think since its one more gentleman than ladies, that its reasonable enough that it would be confusing.
but she had a couple other mistakes when she was doing the pairing og, like didnt she try to pair ydrasse x lily, even tho theyre both ladies?
idk if titus is the type to forget easily when making pairings, but why wouldnt her making mess ups be read as "townie because shes not thinking too hard about her posts being perfect"?
In post 1706, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
angielily has been prodded
:? bet shes not coming back

this feels really weird to me for some reason..?
In post 1710, Datisi wrote:i mean, that's the part i find unlikely
why not..? i know if i was in his shoes i would prob wanna continue catching up first as well (since i have a bad memory i wanna finish what i started first : P)
In post 1710, Datisi wrote:i do like marci's walls, though i am a bit worried because she's not interacting much elsewhere? like, i'm projecting a bit here but scum!me loves doing walls bc it gives me time to plan shit out while in-the-moment sorting is much more difficult to fake and also mentally draining. and i don't see marci like, doing much other than those walls so

granted, the content in the walls feels solid, and i know some people just have a playstyle of walls, so i'll probably revisit this when the time comes - i modded two marci towngames, you'd *think* i'd be somewhat aware of her general playstyle by now but uhhh. i'll recheck those games at some point.
i dont know how often i do walls tbh, but what i do know is ever since tarot as scum i would prefer to be hella more inactive, that game actually scared me so much :cry:
In post 1752, Andante wrote:You can pair with whoever you want!!! the other gents had plenty of time to steal ydra if they wanted, I support your decisions!!! Like, so much of this game has been others going "IC should do this" like, do whatever you want to do!! I'll get more serious after pairs happen, idk I joined this for fun, not to be mega serious, obviously I'll look for scum, but am also here for a good time!! it feels like people are stressing you out :/
:?
In post 1755, Andante wrote:Why are you putting your read on me, on taly? like, it's not taly's fault, just like if we end up losing, I do not blame taly. way too manypeople here are like "I'm just doing what taly says" that's an insane amount of pressure. I don't care who you are. like, people seem to be expecting taly to have had this game solved from the start, there's definitely at least 1 scum going all "taly I follow you" or "tally is this ok" people are trying to break taly before the true fun this game even begins...
i kinda agree with this tho, scum probably has plenty of reason just to play follow the leader with taly, but i trust taly knows what hes doing.
In post 1772, Titus wrote:Somebody smack me if I post anymore in this game today. I'm a bit concerned my mental health, while not in a severely bad place, may be suggesting to me that I need to be in total control to be listened to. I need to reflect on that and let the thread breathe. The reason for my mental health concerns has zero to deal with mafia and more to deal with resurfacing trauma from my marriage. So it's nothing anyone in this game did. No post here triggered it at all. In fact, I'm not sure what did at all but I know what didn't.
:cry: aa i hope the break today helps u feel a bit better, dont feel like u need to post more today the game will always be here tmmrw and ur mental health is more important : )
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1795, marcistar wrote:+ shes trying to make taly think higher of her by making sure hes not overloaded.
i forgot to explain more on this
its a + to the list of reasons why shes scum :/
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1795, marcistar wrote:why not..? i know if i was in his shoes i would prob wanna continue catching up first as well (since i have a bad memory i wanna finish what i started first : P)
it's my personality read on norwee
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Taly »

What I have trouble with is that
LLD/Titus
have both actively taken the role to advise me when I prompted them and neither of them pointed me in the direction of reading any one slot in a particular light. This strikes me very likely to come from a town mindset because they had my full attention when they each had aggressively pushed someone but did not want to influence how I viewed the game at the time. It felt like they would rather be listened to or heeded than to be correct or have their perspective supported by the IC. Their advice likelier came from a place of sincerity.

And if I lean onto this, then the
GL
V
LLD/Titus
already contains 1 town, and I am not persuaded on the "they are S/S" narrative and feel it could be a scumsiding one.

So my next idea is to review each 1v1 in greater detail while giving voice to the current POV on
GL
to see if he may remain or not

But that's entirely my choice as I feel that you have a somewhat sound perspective of not pairing with
GL
under the notion that they are just very strongly town, but you seem to have a solving approach to his slot.

It's a bit grating to consider this is TvT because again, I find
LLD/Titus
to be playing at a high volume this game, and I need to context to better inform my decision about
GL
as he is the unpaired party here.

As for
Titus/Dragons
, I do not think they are S/S, but I do wonder what
Titus
saw in a PT with him if she would like to say.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1798, Taly wrote:But that's NOT entirely my choice as I feel that you have a somewhat sound perspective of not pairing with GL under the notion that they are just very strongly town, but you seem to have a solving approach to his slot.
Damn phonepost. Haha please read this edit. It changes the vibe a lot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”