Trail Blazer

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

taly wants an active partner
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 333, Datisi wrote:i just realized that if i pair with anyone that is even slightly familiar with me, they would very easily townread me in the pt because when i see the purple colour, i just get the primal urge to spam the everliving shit out of it in a paranoid frenzy, in a way that i cannot even remotely replicate as scum

but then i also realized that the rest of the players could just go "uhh datisi is pocketing them in the pt" so rip that idea i guess
just type out your posts that you want to make in the PT, then cut and paste them into the game thread. easy
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

FB from my impression you scumread Prism early game.
Any reason why that seemingly changed now?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1010, RH9 wrote:I think that Andante's reluctance to post a reads list comes from EM. When I was on that site, reads weren't regarded that highly and readlists were almost nonexistent.
ahhh, but i dont like people using excuses.. i hope she'll try to give us something soon
In post 1063, catboi wrote:
In post 929, RH9 wrote:
In post 920, RH9 wrote:
In post 693, catboi wrote:
In post 607, RH9 wrote:I agree with this so much. Mindmeld moment! Andante is so getting a TR from me.
This is going to sound extremely dumb but I feel like the exclamation mark is the scummiest thing RH9 has posted.
catboi, explain.
Why do you think that it is 'going to sound extremely dumb'? You have like a 100% readrate on me.
First of all, I determined your alignment accurately in a total of two games, hardly a definitive sample. And I think the particular tells I used for those games are no longer applicable - they were essentially one time only deals.

In regards to this game, it sounds dumb because zeroing on a single mark of punctuation as something alignment indicative is basically a ludicrous idea. But the way you wrote that read extremely fake to me. I went back and checked your first game and you did make statements with exclamation marks several times, so I am almost certainly reading too deeply into the tea leaves in that regard.

Now, what does my read rate on you have to do with me thinking my read sounds extremely dumb?
whats ur read on rh9, this confuses me
In post 1071, RH9 wrote:And my favourite Open Listmod, Something_Smart! Such a pleasure to finally play with him! One more person who I am adding to my want-to-propose-to list! Why are you so against him? If it was implosion, that would be more understandable because he's impossible to read and very distant.

rh9 nice

guiltylions im confused why you struggle to see this, doesnt cabd like to pull off insane plays..?
likey
In post 1106, GuiltyLion wrote:also I did want to say, marci I'm going to reset and make sure I'm reading your posts in good faith and not just blanket ignoring/discrediting you, I get how that would be frustrating and despite a lack of ~pizazz~ in your early game, I don't think anything you've done has been especially disingenuous or unfair

I'm not sure we should be dance partners, I don't want to just accept and then stay tunneled on you and leave, that seems like it'd be a bad experience for you if you're town and it was unfair of me to try to use your slot as leverage to bully LLD into things I think would be suboptimal for her if she's scum
:?
i was gonna say its a bit weird how u made a plan abt dancing w me and leaving right away and didnt wanna go thru with it, but this makes sense so nvm.
who do u think i should pair with, if not you?

im kinda attached to the idea of dying now tho :roll: like idk how to explain but i think sometimes theres town who, when left alive, make it so impossible to solve for scum, and i feel like thats me, so i wanna get rid of the obstacle. is this stupid idea?
In post 1112, catboi wrote:
In post 979, marcistar wrote:catboi should prob go as well since his reads have been pretty bad and thatll only help scum :yawn: he could prob be someone who goes deep.
What reads of mine have been bad aside from my one on you?
"andante is probably town", , maybe im not too sure on that one, ur (, ) and then never really talking to her again :/
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Taly »

I townleaned
Prism.

I've caught
Norwe
scum twice before.

In terms of reading my partner, I am more confident in handling
Norwe
as a partner than players like,
SS, Ydra
, and even
Titus.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Taly »

Basically if my pairing did face a shit ton of WIFOM (my nightmare scenario), this is probably my best choice.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

wifoms for losers
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:39 pm

In post 556, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like this is not a town post.

It's just not.
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen someone say that about a town-GL post, I'd have... I don't know, at least 50 cents probably.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

An 2 IQ individual would read page 7 and suggest that Andante could be scum.
An 3 IQ individual would read it and suggest Firebringer is scum.

An galaxy brain 1000 IQ prodigy would read page 7 and say that both FB and Andante could be scum and are distancing.

Because they’ve BOTH FOOLED ME IN TIMES PREVIOUS. >:(
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:42 pm

FB would never pair with a mafia partner, that would clearly end badly as he would get called out for not wanting to leave
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:44 pm

In post 587, RH9 wrote:Don't worry. Slayer's Gambit and WIFOM exists. It just makes everything harder. Especially since I love using Slayer's Gambit as VT and WIFOM as scum. :twisted:
If you know what slayer's gambit is, you should not be using it ever.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1158, NorwegianboyEE wrote:An 2 IQ individual would read page 7 and suggest that Andante could be scum.
An 3 IQ individual would read it and suggest Firebringer is scum.

An galaxy brain 1000 IQ prodigy would read page 7 and say that both FB and Andante could be scum and are distancing.

Because they’ve BOTH FOOLED ME IN TIMES PREVIOUS. >:(
and dumbfuck taly reads page 7 then townreads both
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1160, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 587, RH9 wrote:Don't worry. Slayer's Gambit and WIFOM exists. It just makes everything harder. Especially since I love using Slayer's Gambit as VT and WIFOM as scum. :twisted:
OK. But why? Is it because it increases the chance of mislims? I kind of have to admit that I found out about it on the wiki.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1162, RH9 wrote:
In post 1160, Something_Smart wrote:
OK. But why? Is it because it increases the chance of mislims? I kind of have to admit that I found out about it on the wiki.
And the wiki article didn't say why it is bad. Only that there's controversy.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 191, Firebringer wrote:
In post 189, Ydrasse wrote:want to be posting but ehxhhdhdhehdb

if anyone wants to dance with me i like pts and will probably talk more in it
i can never dance with u since u betrayed team clown
PTSD intensifies.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:49 pm

The reason is that if you truly encounter a situation where deliberately acting scummy is advantageous (these are rare), you need to understand why it's a good idea to do in that particular situation. Whereas if you just find a thing on the wiki and go "haha lol that looks fun" you are almost sure to use it in a situation where it doesn't really help.

You seem like you're hard to read anyway. Please do not make it harder.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Taly »

Norwe am I townreading too quickly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 208, Andante wrote:
In post 197, marcistar wrote:
In post 194, Andante wrote:I am not scum here. It's a mix of real life stuff/the fact 3 people are all "yeah andante scum" like, whatever. me as scum? nervous and over playing? please.
im not sure if i like this response tbh,

what do u think of what datisis said?
you also, do not have to partner with me, so I'm not sure what the problem is? youthink I'm scum? ok cool whatever.

I'm genuinely out, I'll be back whenever, feel free to not partner with me anyone, I literally joined this game for fun and I'm sitting here in tears, so yeah, not dealing with this game right now
You’re in tears for being scumread?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t mean to be rude but wat.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1153, marcistar wrote:
In post 1063, catboi wrote:
In post 929, RH9 wrote:Why do you think that it is 'going to sound extremely dumb'? You have like a 100% readrate on me.
First of all, I determined your alignment accurately in a total of two games, hardly a definitive sample. And I think the particular tells I used for those games are no longer applicable - they were essentially one time only deals.

In regards to this game, it sounds dumb because zeroing on a single mark of punctuation as something alignment indicative is basically a ludicrous idea. But the way you wrote that read extremely fake to me. I went back and checked your first game and you did make statements with exclamation marks several times, so I am almost certainly reading too deeply into the tea leaves in that regard.

Now, what does my read rate on you have to do with me thinking my read sounds extremely dumb?
whats ur read on rh9, this confuses me
I don't know. null-scum? I liked the post you quoted here but then ran into another one I had issues with and the body of work isn't enough for a townread.
In post 1106, GuiltyLion wrote:also I did want to say, marci I'm going to reset and make sure I'm reading your posts in good faith and not just blanket ignoring/discrediting you, I get how that would be frustrating and despite a lack of ~pizazz~ in your early game, I don't think anything you've done has been especially disingenuous or unfair

I'm not sure we should be dance partners, I don't want to just accept and then stay tunneled on you and leave, that seems like it'd be a bad experience for you if you're town and it was unfair of me to try to use your slot as leverage to bully LLD into things I think would be suboptimal for her if she's scum
:?
i was gonna say its a bit weird how u made a plan abt dancing w me and leaving right away and didnt wanna go thru with it, but this makes sense so nvm.
who do u think i should pair with, if not you?

im kinda attached to the idea of dying now tho :roll: like idk how to explain but i think sometimes theres town who, when left alive, make it so impossible to solve for scum, and i feel like thats me, so i wanna get rid of the obstacle. is this stupid idea?
I don't see why you'd assume you're such an obstacle that you need to go this early. For what it's worth I'm not interested in getting rid of you at this moment in time. Remember, don't give up! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
In post 1112, catboi wrote:
In post 979, marcistar wrote:catboi should prob go as well since his reads have been pretty bad and thatll only help scum :yawn: he could prob be someone who goes deep.
What reads of mine have been bad aside from my one on you?
"andante is probably town", , maybe im not too sure on that one, ur (, ) and then never really talking to her again :/
I don't want to litigate every read here, but GuiltyLion has also expressed that he townreads Andante, and you don't have a problem with him. Why is it bad from me and not him?

The Prism read is, ah, under review.

With regard to Ydrasse, I questioned one read of hers I thought was odd and left it at the answer. There's too much backstory to go over in a post but mostly I'd rather leave her to her own devices and see what she does rather than try to get a read on her from conversation.

But, ultimately, is me having reads you disagree with a reason for me being scum? There's no reason I can't be town who just disagrees with you. In particular in the early game I'm still feeling things out and poking at people for the sake of seeing a response and will quickly change my mind based on new evidence. I don't care about being right in the very early game, I just want to get conversations started.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1166, Taly wrote:Norwe am I townreading too quickly
Probably yeah.
But i’m basing this on me literally going: "ah these slots seem town and trustworthy" in previous games, and then they were frigging scum.
So yes i’m a bit more careful with them.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok i think i really need to get some sleep.
Reminder for myself that i’m in page 10.
night.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1166, Taly wrote:Norwe am I townreading too quickly
Correct
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:06 pm

In post 775, Datisi wrote:i do wanna say this for now - if we're gonna end up leaving gl behind, i want to be paired with whichever lady he is most sure is mafia.
lmao
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by catboi »

I would endorse GuiltyLion accepting marci's proposal at this point in time, but I also wouldn't mind her pairing with her friend anymore either.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”