Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Yaw »

Not quite understanding the role you're claiming. What is it you submit to the mod at night, if you want to use the power?
Success breeds suspicion
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

charter wrote:Well, we wasted practically all of day one waiting on him, all for nothing. Whos to say it won't happen tomorrow? What if he just declares someone else scum, doesn't elaborate and we waste D2?

I know he's been very anti-town, and I'm not convinced on Electra so he's the best option.
I would hope that after today he'd have learned his lesson. But I think Natarisha would probably be a better policy lynch at this point. On that note, has Empking posted yet, other then saying he's reading?
SocioPath wrote:
SensFan wrote:Awesome, now you reinforced even more the need for a full claim. Scum tend to only care if you are Townie or Power, so they have all the info as if you had full-claimed. Town, on the other hand, gain very little from a 'not Townie' claim.

Yeah, that'd be true, normally. This game has different mechanics though, and thats mostly with the roles themselves.
But still, scum would be more inclined to kill those that aren't townie, seeing as those with some sort of power or ability are more dangerous then someone that doesn't.

I don't know PJ's opinion on cults, but by the rules and sample townie PM there should be cult, but possibly won't work like a cult? :/
SocioPath wrote:The deadline is two days away. A lynch is needed.
I don't think one is absolutely needed, but would likely gives us a more information.'

That's... an interesting claim. But it seems it would be more useful if you hadn't claimed... but I suppose there was no way around that.

Bah, off for the night.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:Not quite understanding the role you're claiming. What is it you submit to the mod at night, if you want to use the power?

I submit the name of another player that I want to investigate, as I said. I'm like an 1 shot insane role-cop.

ShadowGirl wrote:That's... an interesting claim. But it seems it would be more useful if you hadn't claimed... but I suppose there was no way around that.
Yeah, the only way I could figure to use my role effectively is to one if I'd been role blocked for one of the nights, or to convince scum somehow to NK me since they would know to an extent that I was a power role, up until I full claimed. Me eatting a bullet because of scum thinking I'm some big juicy power role would have been fine with me, cause I'm not really much more useful than a townie.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Electra »

charter wrote:Electra, do you think SocioPath is town or scum?
Honestly, I was mainly hoping that he was going to claim vanilla, which would obviously be a fake claim since from the intro post I'd assume that vanillas all get the same PM.

I read through his posts before he claimed, and the nature of his posts seemed slightly scummy, but not enough to mean anything.

However, I now think he's scum, so
vote:sociopath

The first thing is his semi-claim. He claimed that he had an ability when pressed for a claim. This is clearly an attempt at stalling while he thinks up a role claim. The way he claimed it also makes it look like he has some sort of powerful role "I'll claim this: if it hasn't been apparent, I'm not a townie. " Then he claims an essentially useless, one shot ability. I fail to see a reason for his ability to be one shot considering the limited application of it. On the other hand, it's extremely easy to fake the one result that he needs. So I'm not buying it.

On the subject of SSK, I find it unlikely that Mafia says things like "do whatever you want, lynch me." Town is much more likely to do something like that, or an SK. The reason is that town and sk have no ties, if they get lynched, then they can just be like, whatever, the town was dumb. In terms of Mafia, they would be letting their partners down if they threw in the towel, so it's just socially less acceptable. :p
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah, the only way I could figure to use my role effectively is to one if I'd been role blocked for one of the nights, or to convince scum somehow to NK me since they would know to an extent that I was a power role, up until I full claimed. Me eatting a bullet because of scum thinking I'm some big juicy power role would have been fine with me, cause I'm not really much more useful than a townie.
So, you probably should have lied. Useless, and unbelieveable. Happy with my vote.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

On the subject of SSK, I find it unlikely that Mafia says things like "do whatever you want, lynch me." Town is much more likely to do something like that, or an SK. The reason is that town and sk have no ties, if they get lynched, then they can just be like, whatever, the town was dumb. In terms of Mafia, they would be letting their partners down if they threw in the towel, so it's just socially less acceptable. :p

I'm sorry, but this IS WIFOM. I personally pride myself on being able to have no ties to my partners no matter how badly I play. I would likely welcome death if I thought it was imminent, part to play on this naivety that only townies/SKs are willing to say "Ok, lynch me", and part to confuse the hell out of town when I flip.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by SocioPath »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I'm sorry, but this IS WIFOM. I personally pride myself on being able to have no ties to my partners no matter how badly I play. I would likely welcome death if I thought it was imminent, part to play on this naivety that only townies/SKs are willing to say "Ok, lynch me", and part to confuse the hell out of town when I flip.

Yeah, seriously.

Ok Electra: Do whatever you want, lynch me.

Do I now sound more town or more anti-town now?

When I saw this game started, and looked at the people playing, I got, and noticed, a strong newbie-game vibe off of it. So these results don't surprise me too much.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Also, with Electra's vote, I am now at L-1. Just something to think about if debating on voting for me.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Electra »

forbiddanlight wrote:

The point is, no one besides me thinks that Mafia is less likely to do this, so it's not going to confuse anyone else, so Mafia are still less likely to do it. :p

I just feel like everyone's so in love with the concept of WIFOM that they ignore that sometimes Mafia and town ARE more likely to do specific things. But I don't really want to argue about this, this is just why I don't find SSK to be scummy.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Electra wrote:Honestly, I was mainly hoping that he was going to claim vanilla, which would obviously be a fake claim since from the intro post I'd assume that vanillas all get the same PM.

I read through his posts before he claimed, and the nature of his posts seemed slightly scummy, but not enough to mean anything.

However, I now think he's scum, so
vote:sociopath

The first thing is his semi-claim. He claimed that he had an ability when pressed for a claim. This is clearly an attempt at stalling while he thinks up a role claim. The way he claimed it also makes it look like he has some sort of powerful role "I'll claim this: if it hasn't been apparent, I'm not a townie. " Then he claims an essentially useless, one shot ability. I fail to see a reason for his ability to be one shot considering the limited application of it. On the other hand, it's extremely easy to fake the one result that he needs. So I'm not buying it.

Wait wait wait...you start off by saying that you were hoping I'd claim vanilla...because you knew it would be a fake claim because of what was said in the vanilla PM in the first posts and I therefore would be scum...and then because I didn't claim vanilla, you think I am scum?

So you are saying that regardless of what I claimed, you were going to vote for me saying you thought I was scum anyways. You didn't actually care what I had to say, I was already 'scum' to you, you just needed a 'reason'.

forbiddanlight wrote:So, you probably should have lied. Useless, and unbelieveable. Happy with my vote.
I've never been much for lying, which is anti-town anyways, so another reason why I abstain from it. I can be anti-town all on my own thank you. :P
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Caboose »

Mod, could we have a prod/replacement of Empking?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The point is, no one besides me thinks that Mafia is less likely to do this, so it's not going to confuse anyone else, so Mafia are still less likely to do it. :p

I just feel like everyone's so in love with the concept of WIFOM that they ignore that sometimes Mafia and town ARE more likely to do specific things. But I don't really want to argue about this, this is just why I don't find SSK to be scummy.
Actually, I'm using my personal attitude to figure things out. I know that I'd do it, especially if people took it as a town tell like you are.

I've never been much for lying, which is anti-town anyways, so another reason why I abstain from it. I can be anti-town all on my own thank you.
Is it anti town for a doctor to claim something else to avoid drawing a night kill? In fact, lots of power roles lie so that they can be more effective. I'm not a great liar myself, but I know when to lie and when not to lie. But more importantly, since you QUALIFIED your supposed truth with the fact you wanted the scum to kill you by seeming powerful, it's intuitive that you should have lied, which makes your claim less believable.
-StrangerCoug

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Caboose wrote:
What the crap is this? You are asking for that when he posted EIGHT HOURS before you made that post?

Whats bothering you? That I'm at L-1 and he isn't voting for ME?

forbiddanlight wrote:Is it anti town for a doctor to claim something else to avoid drawing a night kill? In fact, lots of power roles lie so that they can be more effective. I'm not a great liar myself, but I know when to lie and when not to lie. But more importantly, since you QUALIFIED your supposed truth with the fact you wanted the scum to kill you by seeming powerful, it's intuitive that you should have lied, which makes your claim less believable.
I'm not going to argue that there isn't a place for it.
I just didn't deem me lying about my role to be in my most entertaining of interests.
And really, I play these games for entertainment, and being honest was the most entertaining for me in this case.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Elektra wrote:Honestly, I was mainly hoping that he was going to claim vanilla, which would obviously be a fake claim since from the intro post I'd assume that vanillas all get the same PM.
Did he already claim that he was not townie before his full claim? It would be silly for him to contradict himself.

Off to school, post more more when I get home.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:28 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Unvote, vote Sociopath
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Empking »

Caboose wrote:
WTF!!!

Sociopath's claimed role is weird but I know that if I think too much into it I'll WIFOM myself. In think I consider it a null tell.

I'd still prefer an Electra lynch still but a Sociopath lynch would be the best other lynch.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Empking »

Soory. I didn't notice the hammer.

MafiaSSK, would you mind explaining.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:29 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One Vote Count #13

7 SocioPath (Yaw, Caboose, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Seraphim, Electra, MafiaSSK)
3 MafiaSSK (wolframnhart, charter, ooba)
2 Electra (Empking, SocioPath)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to No-Lynch. Deadline October 22, 9:59 pm CDT, and it will take
to lynch at deadline.

Not Voting – 2 – RandomGem, ShadowGirl
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 am

Post by SocioPath »

Actually, that wasn't a hammer, looking at it again, Seraphim unvote and voted for me again...after he was already voting for me which didn't actually add any votes.

So as I am still alive, I'd like to ask SSK...why the quickness to hammer? Especially since you said you've been playing poor anyways and that you wouldn't care if YOU were the lynch?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Caboose »

SocioPath wrote:
Caboose wrote:
What the crap is this? You are asking for that when he posted EIGHT HOURS before you made that post?

Whats bothering you? That I'm at L-1 and he isn't voting for ME?
What?! OK, now you're just reaching out as far as you can now that you're getting closer to a lynch. I just thought that Emp hadn't posted for a while, so I just wanted to ask PJ for a prod. Is that scummy?

BTW - sorry Emp, completely missed your post :oops:
Whenever, I see an avatarless post, I associate that with Electra.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 am

Post by SocioPath »

Caboose wrote:What?! OK, now you're just reaching out as far as you can now that you're getting closer to a lynch. I just thought that Emp hadn't posted for a while, so I just wanted to ask PJ for a prod. Is that scummy?

BTW - sorry Emp, completely missed your post :oops:
Whenever, I see an avatarless post, I associate that with Electra.
A scum driven wagon will generally have lots of scum that get cocky and do things to help insure the wagon goes all the way.

I was merely speculating as to what would drive you to request a prod, hence my questioning.

I see your reason as legit though, not only do both Electra and Empking have no avatar, they both start with E, so someone not paying attention might mistake one for the other.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote

The only point in my vote was to get Sociopath to make a roleclaim.

Vote: Electra

I'm going to trust my instincts. I find Electra as scummy as hell, even more so than Sociopath. Looking back at his posts, the only thing that I find scummy has already been resolved. That is, his partial roleclaim. His ability is somewhat useless, however...

Lynching a townie is still lynching a townie. After a game I played on another site, I find it my policy to never, ever lynch a claimed power role on Day 1. Ever. If he's still alive on Day 2, well, then we have a problem. But, for Day 1...no, that's stupid. It's bad play.

As I have stated earlier, I will continue to push for an Electra wagon. She is, IMO, a solid lynch. If this was Day 2, I would definitely push along with everyone else. But this is Day 1, and lynching a claimed power-role is bad, bad play.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:13 am

Post by SensFan »

Seraphim basically wrote:I find it my policy to never, ever lynch
a claimed power role
Mafia on Day 1. Ever. If he's still alive on Day 2, well, then we have a problem. But, for Day 1...no, that's stupid. It's bad play.
Just saying...
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

SocioPath wrote:Yeah, the only way I could figure to use my role effectively is to one if I'd been role blocked for one of the nights, or to convince scum somehow to NK me since they would know to an extent that I was a power role, up until I full claimed. Me eatting a bullet because of scum thinking I'm some big juicy power role would have been fine with me, cause I'm not really much more useful than a townie.
Shame that he had to claim, but if you had refused to it would have been more likely for you to be lynched then to make it to night and NKed.
Seraphim wrote:Lynching a townie is still lynching a townie. After a game I played on another site, I find it my policy to never, ever lynch a claimed power role on Day 1. Ever. If he's still alive on Day 2, well, then we have a problem. But, for Day 1...no, that's stupid. It's bad play.
But considering how weak his role is, wouldn't it be more probably for him to be alive on Day 2? I would think that with scum knowing that he's mostly useless, that they'd try their luck on NKing someone else in hopes they're something more benificial to town.
MafiaSSK wrote:
Unvote, vote Sociopath
Intention to hammer or just putting on another vote?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by SensFan »

ShadowGirl wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Unvote, vote Sociopath
Intention to hammer or just putting on another vote?
He's still reading the thread. Expect a response in 7-10 business days, assuming fair weather.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”