catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by catboi »

I have decided that I think Alyssa is the most interesting lady. This is not a read.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by Datisi »

i think it's been talked about already, but i dislike , specifically the malakittens read. like, at the time of posting that, it had been 8 hours since the game started. that feels WAY too early to slap a "they're not posting therefore scum" sticker on someone, especially considering mala was complaining about the amount of posts, which to me seems like a possible indicator of "i'm too busy right now". the rest of the post is kind of meh, i'm curious why those exact people have been chosen for a readslist i guess.

and is equally bad... like, marci was doing that readslist to help lily apparently. but, if i'm struggling to get into the game and someone does a post like that to help me, my first thought is to actually interact with that post and try to form my own reads and whatnot, and lily just blandly agrees, and she specifically agrees with the one read i find the worst on the list :?

i feel heartbroken taly doesn't see the towniness in me

not really digging galron, but i guess he gets some points for being the first person to call out lily in

- hm. agree with not liking RH9's response, not sure i see how guiltylion's post there is strictly bad. so would like an elaboration when you can, @lld. also, do you currently have any preference on who you pair with?

okay, i made it to where i first started posting. i have... probably too many people i find suspicious and too many people i flat out don't have a read on. guiltylion and lld are probably the only two ladies from whom i felt something resembling townpings.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by Datisi »

i think it's been talked about already, but i dislike , specifically the malakittens read. like, at the time of posting that, it had been 8 hours since the game started. that feels WAY too early to slap a "they're not posting therefore scum" sticker on someone, especially considering mala was complaining about the amount of posts, which to me seems like a possible indicator of "i'm too busy right now". the rest of the post is kind of meh, i'm curious why those exact people have been chosen for a readslist i guess.

and is equally bad... like, marci was doing that readslist to help lily apparently. but, if i'm struggling to get into the game and someone does a post like that to help me, my first thought is to actually interact with that post and try to form my own reads and whatnot, and lily just blandly agrees, and she specifically agrees with the one read i find the worst on the list :?

i feel heartbroken taly doesn't see the towniness in me

not really digging galron, but i guess he gets some points for being the first person to call out lily in

- hm. agree with not liking RH9's response, not sure i see how guiltylion's post there is strictly bad. so would like an elaboration when you can, @lld. also, do you currently have any preference on who you pair with?

okay, i made it to where i first started posting. i have... probably too many people i find suspicious and too many people i flat out don't have a read on. guiltylion and lld are probably the only two ladies from whom i felt something resembling townpings.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by Datisi »

actually, agh, i don't know. in my experience with guiltylion, when he's been town, that i just immediately read all his posts and go "yes, very true, i feel the same thing, spot on". and then one game where he was scum, a few of his posts instead made me go "???". which, might be a bit unfair to ask of someone that i need to mindmeld with them on every single post ever or else they're scum, but goddamn.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by Datisi »

but also also is it fair? because the things that made me go "???" have mostly been the probability stuff with andante (which, i guess it's actually nai if he's done it as town) and the grilling of ydrasse on why she called a datisi/ydrasse pt a recipe for disaster (but he doesn't know our mutual history, the comment made perfect sense to me).

the only post now that is actually making me "???" is . maybe i'm a bit dumb but i still don't get why he's reading me positively from that interaction but not catboi. especially considering that his explanation seems to be that he thought my issue was with him dropping the context and not with him using bad faith to push andante - which, isn't dropping the context just the means to push in bad faith? why is he separating the two?? i don't know :<
~M
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 568, GuiltyLion wrote:posts like or are good examples, they feel a little too diplomatic and there's not really an attempt to tease FB or catboi which is something I've seen from her before as town. or like , it's kinda hard to explain well but I feel there's confidence missing that I would expect from her when she's getting shaded. What do you think?
ugh
u and catbois post..
In post 559, catboi wrote:Perhaps that's an unfair expectation to be placing on her in a large theme game with many experienced players, some amount of increased hesitation would be understandable from a town POV, but the game is young and my preliminary suspicion is on her.
made me want to rant about the people me and lily play with.. but i wont.

i think i generally get more sarcastic when im stressed/bored tho, i dont think its a main part of my personality usually
in the way ur looking for guilty lions.. if its typical marci style..
shes gonna compare it to people who i fucking hate. people who i purposefully get snippy at because theyve done too much, that i cant be nice.

in the me + lily era there, i ignore their "main bandwagons of the day" and their "town cores" and just vote who i genuinely sus, meanwhile nowadays i do sort of the same thing but i literally just..
vote and then leave and only explain if someone asks :/
In post 568, GuiltyLion wrote:I also think her saying she's "enjoyed" RH9's posts is a truly bizarre take. I doubt that RH9 is someone that left a significant impression on her or that his posts were particularly interesting/amusing/good. It doesn't at all ring like a Genuine Thought to me, I struggle to understand why town!marci would say that about RH9
i think i already said i think i was by accident making stuff up because of my bad memory..?

can someone remind me to respond to this later, ive been trying to, but everything im typing is coming out as something horrible and mean since im so pissed
In post 574, Datisi wrote:when i read , i got a very strong gut feeling that marci x lily is a pair that should 100% not be happening. i'm not sure i can even consciously explain why. so to see lld immediately call that out, i want to say that's goodvibes from her
haters gonna hate true love when they see it :pensive::v:

ugh im up too late seething with anger
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I actually totally missed that catboi post until Marci pointed it out but it's so similar to my own Marci experience/read that it gives me lotsa good feelings about catboi
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 566, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:To be honest, if you really HAD mind melded with me on my dislike of the GL post, I'd feel a lot better about your alignment.
Also I'm thinking about this more and it rubs me the wrong way, like LLD is trying to bribe catboi with townpoints if he scumreads me

I guess if I'm being self aware that's something I definitely do as town sometimes (hand out towncred when people share my scumreads) but it's inherently a little manipulative when done so explicitly and I certainly don't like being the target of it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 579, Datisi wrote:but he doesn't know our mutual history, the comment made perfect sense to me
Do you have any thoughts on whether Ydrasse is more likely to say it as town or scum? Or do you see it as strictly NAI? If it makes perfect sense to you for her to say that as town I'll take that into account
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 562, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 561, RH9 wrote:
In post 558, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 557, RH9 wrote:
In post 354, Prism wrote:RH9 is significantly more reticent than I would expect from him as town. Normally he's very expressive and inquisitive, even if indecisive and prone to discursive tangents.

I'm not sure if I'll be back tonight or not, but I can check in again tomorrow at the latest.
FYI, I dislike posting until I finish reading but if you're referring to Newbie 2079, that would be because I had time that game to read everything and keep up instead of reading multiple pages in one go. I will probably talk more once I finish reading.
Ehhhhh

Hey, hey friend

Respond to this when you see it, not when you're done reading.

How many games of forum mafia have you played, and how often have you played on MS?
I played Newbie 2079 and Mini 2250, as well as having replaced into Open 835.
And any other mafia prior to this website? Nothing?
I have played on EM.
(EM is gone and with it records of my completed scumgames. :twisted:)
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

:/ I'm sorry if I made ya mad Marci. If I wasn't clear I didn't mean anything negative by what I said about you, I've enjoyed your personality every time we play together, I can take sarcasm no problem I get a kick out of zingers its always just a game to me. I hope you don't feel like I have a negative opinion of you as a person, I don't at all and didn't in any way mean to suggest that I did
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 583, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 579, Datisi wrote:but he doesn't know our mutual history, the comment made perfect sense to me
Do you have any thoughts on whether Ydrasse is more likely to say it as town or scum? Or do you see it as strictly NAI? If it makes perfect sense to you for her to say that as town I'll take that into account
i don't really think it's ai. it's a somewhat ongoing thing that i'm likely to scumread ydrasse and/or misread her. and she has seen some of my good scum performances. so i can definitely see town!her not wanting the pt to devolve into paranoid screaming from both sides, and i can see scum!her now wanting to pair with a loose cannon who is likely to suspect her. which is why i said i think it's somewhat town!indicative that in the end, she said she'd be okay pairing with me, since i think if she were thinking about the above and trying to pocket me, she'd have agreed immediately?
~M
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 570, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 548, RH9 wrote:We are going to win because Taly is the best but then I remembered that Mafia might try to get rid of you and then I was sad.
am I being too naive in thinking this just feels tremendously fake in an obvscummy way

RH9 do you have any completed scumgames anywhere you can link to?
Don't worry. Slayer's Gambit and WIFOM exists. It just makes everything harder. Especially since I love using Slayer's Gambit as VT and WIFOM as scum. :twisted:

v/la every weekend

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:10 pm

Post by Datisi »

RH9, do you actually have any thoughts on people's alignments so far?
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Like @marci if youre town I
want
you to roast me if you think I do or say something dumb, it's helped me read you before lol

P-edit: that makes sense Datisi, thanks
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

slightly worried *that* is the part of 579 you decided to respond to.
~M
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 587, RH9 wrote:
In post 570, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 548, RH9 wrote:We are going to win because Taly is the best but then I remembered that Mafia might try to get rid of you and then I was sad.
am I being too naive in thinking this just feels tremendously fake in an obvscummy way

RH9 do you have any completed scumgames anywhere you can link to?
Don't worry. Slayer's Gambit and WIFOM exists. It just makes everything harder. Especially since I love using Slayer's Gambit as VT and WIFOM as scum. :twisted:
Also I mentioned my completed scumgames in . I am still up to page 14 but will catch up soon.
(I did mention Slayer's Gambit and WIFOM, right?)

P-Edit: I am leaning Town for Datisi due to solving intent and Andante due to that whole exchange between GL, her, catboi and Datisi. I am confbiased on catboi and Prism both being Town because they were amazing SEs. Taly is mod-confirmed. GL is null but possibly becoming a townlean for solving intent. I need to finish reading before deciding on the others. I have STD as null because of everything that STD has contributed so far that I have read is NAI.

v/la every weekend

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't really know what more to say about your hangup on , it's not very interesting to me? I think my catboi ping was misguided and have said as much. I think I was just feeling defensive with how he jumped in for what I felt was a pretty shallow point against me ("you're just using a gotcha question"), but since then we had Cabd give a wild "very obviously town" read on Catboi, Catboi made some other posts and reads that I felt demonstrated a lot more thought behind his opinions than I had previously assumed/seen, and as a result I don't really have much to say on that original yuck vibe from him anymore, it ceased to exist. I kinda think the whole thing is blown out of proportion as I also think Andantes response to my original original post was also fine

Like if you have specific questions you need answered I can try but my attention is on people like cabd/marci/rh9/lld now
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:24 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 363, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 361, Prism wrote:In contrast, and perhaps a bit surprising, I am very happy with a Cabd+cat pairing.
Par-ce-que... Sont les deux scum, pour toi? Ou....
Ooh, that's French!
(Shame that I stopped learning it. Based on what I remember, I guess that it means 'Because… Are the two scum, for you? Ou…')

v/la every weekend

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:25 pm

Post by Datisi »

fiiine, i can sense i'm getting tunnel vision on your slot too.

pedit: @guiltylion obviously
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Wait, I get it, Datisi is it more about you being worried I'm scum trying to pocket you and giving you towncred when I shouldn't?

I'll sleep on it but I dunno if I really know how to help with feelings of skepticism that I'm seeing you as town when you're town. I could try to reassure you that I'm just good at feeling out your vibes but I suspect that might not actually help if I try to elaborate on it, it'd prob come across to you as even more pockety :D

I do wanna talk about your Lily scumread cause I don't think I share that feeling but I'm in bed and will have to do it tomorrow
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Post by Datisi »

kinda. i've also noticed i tend to stress way more about alignments of people i have experience with and i'm on good terms outside of game, and you're one of the few people in this game that fits that description, so x_x

i'd like you to elaborate on it, and sure i'm down to talk about lily. i'm supposed to be preparing a seminar right now anyway so >_>
~M
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 397, Datisi wrote:
In post 395, GuiltyLion wrote:I definitely disagree that Ydrasse's remark was "almost irrelevant", to me that's the first thing she's said that's stood out and responding to a potential dance offer is probably the most awkward/difficult moment for scum in this phase, so any weirdness should be looked at intently
would
you
dance with me if i proposed?
In post 398, GuiltyLion wrote:absolutely!

I'd wait to see if Taly or anyone else has Serious Objections before accepting but I feel pretty good about townreading you and it'd obviously be super fun
I definitely support you two. Both of you feel destined to be together.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 403, catboi wrote:actually pretty easy to manipulat
This is my most and least favourite thing about you. You get easily convinced and often become a target for scum. That's why I didn't realise that you were Circle in Mini 2250. You seemed less amenable than I would have thought. Also, I know that you get very upset and start lockscumming the Normal Listmod, the moment a Newbie fakes a Tracker guilty on you in a Newbie game which leads to even the spectator beginning to lose their trust in you. (This actually happened. It was Newbie 2082.)

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:55 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 407, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Marci, if you want to pair with me for the sake of learning experience, I'm willing to accept that offer, but I will warn you.

I'm a quick trigger and if I get the sense you're even remotely scum I'll pull it and remove myself without hesitation. So if you have plans to live long and prosper in this game, you may not want me.
So, if I propose, it won't be bad? I am kind of thinking that you are my first choice because we will be able to sort each other and then solve together if we're both Town, which is what I believe.

v/la every weekend

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”