Micro 1035: Commandless Chain of Command [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1124, skitter30 wrote:Also out of everyone here, i think you're the most likely to do claim/mechanical shenanigans
So why didn't I then? Claiming a PR with a result on the person killed by mafia is not mechanical shenanigans
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

By that i meant: having both scum claim prs
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:06 pm

If I already know I'm in a bad spot and I know skitter is going to be deciding why do DArby and I both claim weaksauce results
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:07 pm

In post 1126, skitter30 wrote:By that i meant: having both scum claim prs
Well if one scum already did (i.e. IV) then the other one doing it is a no-brainer. Because if there are 4 PR claims and 1 VT claim then the VT claim is gonna look scummy because why would scum both claim PR's if there were only 2. I believe I already said this and I stand by it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ahhhhhhhhh elo is hard >.>

You're putting up more of a fight than i think scum-you does
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:21 pm

Probably accurate, depends if you got me on a good day.

I'm happy to back off if you want to talk to someone else, but I'm going to keep this up otherwise. Even though it's been a while since we were both town I'm hoping you will eventually see the difference between this and e.g. Radio Buzz. Because I feel it quite clearly.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

What do u think are the differences between this and radio buzz
I actually also reread part of day3 of thay game and see a lot of similiarities
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:49 pm

In Radio Buzz D3 my whole plan was to look consistent and appear to make sense. Which failed miserably because nobody was even trying to listen to me, but my response to being ignored/shut down was to repeat the same 2-3 things like a stuck record.

I have no plans for how this day will go because I need to adapt to what happens. If I were scum I would be planning for the worst (insert pun here), if not at the start of the day, then certainly by now. And I can't say for sure if and when that will come out, but I can definitely feel the difference.

My focus this day has been on providing my perspective on every argument levied against me. I'm not sure, but I would be surprised to hear that I never deflected/minimized arguments made in Radio Buzz. I have tried not to do that here, I would much rather give an attempt at refutation even if ineffective because it gives you a better window into how I'm thinking.

I don't think I need to say how this is different from D1 and D2 of Radio Buzz.

If this sounds like a level of self-awareness that would enable me to manipulate it as scum... like I said, on a good day, maybe. But it's hard to get the right frame of mind for that because I have to be motivated without being stressed, and I also have to acknowledge that I can do something that feels very impressive to me but doesn't actually convince anyone (see Baton Pass).

Side note I'm not sure that all of this is true about Radio Buzz specifically but it's definitely an insight into how I play scum, especially where mechanics are involved.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:50 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1062, DArby wrote:
In post 952, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 950, innocentvillager wrote:there’s no way dwlee can get a no result in me if they’re tracker right?
not a no result, visited no one
Did you circle back to why you didn't visit anyone? I don't think I fully caught that.
Got you.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:52 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1068, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1064, DArby wrote:I still don't get this in regards to the context of 601. Could you please break it down a bit more because it's not clicking for me.
IV knew he had a doctor fakeclaim and deliberately stalled out for a couple of different possible reasons. 601 is simultaneously distancing (because Dwlee knew it wasn't the real reason) and defending (because Dwlee is arguing IV is town).
I’m caught up now on this, thank you.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:55 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1086, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1059, DArby wrote:Dwlee has a track record with at least one game with them where they pulled a really interesting gambit and end game'd (and won). If this is actually the case I wouldn't be surprised.
what game was this / what was the gambit?
Noting this to find later.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:05 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1089, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1086, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1059, DArby wrote:Dwlee has a track record with at least one game with them where they pulled a really interesting gambit and end game'd (and won). If this is actually the case I wouldn't be surprised.
what game was this / what was the gambit?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87956

I claimed a guilty on my partner and then the next day said it was a fake guilty that I did to push the lim through and that there wasn't actually a guilty
Don’t forget you also used your fake claim to “draw a scum nk” from me when I claimed the 2 shot Neapolitan on d3. I bring that up specifically because they used that to get a wide townread from the alive players (I think only me and one other play scum read them in the dead chat). I specifically remember a player saying if Dwlee was scum that they played a great scum game with how elaborate they played. (Tbf, that was a great game and you deserved the win, but still).

And I can do a quick meta dive tonight or tomorrow when time allows, but a lot of Dwlees argument draining a sound familiar to their end game in that game too. A lot of “why would I do this when that would be easier?” It’s not a one to one correlation, but I’m not really trusting of their arguments today.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:23 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1090, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1063, DArby wrote:Also do you have an actual case against me? Do you want to engage with me in any real capacity? Like not to degrade myself to call me LHF atp, but I'm LHF this game.
so from my pov i'm town
iv can only be scum with dwlee, and i don't think that's the solve

leaving some combo of you/ss/dwlee

if it isn't exactly ss/dwlee from my pov you kinda have to be scum too ...
also out of all the claims i find yours to be the least believable

also like i said just before, you weren't really trying to find the solve from your pov until i prompted you
also it looks like you're trying p hrd to flip dwlee
This is so interesting because it’s an argument based on poe and timing.

Yes, you did have to “prompt” me because I’m just now mentally catching up (read: me asking both Dwlee and SS obvious questions that everyone else understood. I don’t like doing that.). Not to mention, there’s only been 2 real days, and I’m not terribly useful d1 typically. The read you have against me at best is circumstantial. I stand by my original post defending myself that I should not be your push today because your argument is based in vague assumptions that don’t have concrete base. It’s in both your best interest and the best interest of town to find who you think my partner is and lim them first and see if that makes sense I’m their partner.

There is at minimum one scum between {Dwlee, SS}. I am trying to figure out which side of the coin should be flipped, and I think I have it and would like more energy to be placed there.

And it’s so funny. I can link this game but I was at (what was thought to be) Elo where I was the 2 shot back up detective. When I claimed, I got similar reactions from both LQ and NM. There was a whole argument with why my claim specifically couldn’t be real, yet lo and behold I was the role I claimed, and my push was right against actual scum (I’ll link next post but it was the Members of the Arsonist game).
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 am

Post by DArby »

DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:28 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1097, skitter30 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 44, DArby wrote:VOTE: Dwlee

And we’ve gone out of RVS.
In post 65, DArby wrote:
In post 63, Salsabil Faria wrote:

How?
I caught scum.
In post 78, DArby wrote:
In post 67, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 65, DArby wrote:
In post 63, Salsabil Faria wrote:

How?
I caught scum.
Why
Dwlee
is scum?
Because
I caught them

Trust the process.
In post 180, DArby wrote:
In post 175, skitter30 wrote:i mean there might be a process but i'm not trusting you
Well okay so:

Dwlee is too complex a player to make the initial push in in a literal way and I don’t think town them would do that.

well this is nice and anti-associative
Oh lol my entire push was a knee jerk reaction to my other Datisi game that Dwlee was kind enough to link.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:41 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1078, Something_Smart wrote:It's easier to win an argument against the person who was my top townread with someone who has vocally scumread me as the conftown decider?
In post 1112, Something_Smart wrote:What is standing in the way of the Dwlee/IV solve?
Wait I figured out something that didn’t make sense but I couldn’t word it.

I don’t think anyone brought this up by @SS, why is Dwlee your top townread if you both are cc’ing each other?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:42 am

Post by DArby »

I’m kinda leaning back to Dwlee/SS.

I know I want to flip Dwlee today but I dunno who their partner is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:58 am

In post 1140, DArby wrote:I don’t think anyone brought this up by @SS, why is Dwlee your top townread if you both are cc’ing each other?
Well obviously they aren't
anymore

They were coming into the day
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:22 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1141, DArby wrote:I’m kinda leaning back to Dwlee/SS.

I’m not totally caught up yet but I was getting these vibes and then you said it first. Im p conflicted but aorn I think this is the likely solve rn of the three

ik this is a bit tinfoily ugh gut vibe the interactions between SS and Dwlee kind of feel SvS and theatrey? Like I don’t thjnk they expected us to seriously consider SS/dwlee but we are so they ramped up the arguing? I don’t like the way SS is sliming me/dwlee as the fixed solve and interpreting everything I do uncharitably notably my claim which has a very simple explanation behind it. and I don’t feel dwlee has really towntold and there’s something else that gave me heebie jeebies about him but Idr what as I’m writing this rn. I also still really don’t believe the idea that I got roleblocked N2 even if the tracks make some sense, it seems more like a gamble at pocketing me which was plausible
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:24 am

In post 1142, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1140, DArby wrote:I don’t think anyone brought this up by @SS, why is Dwlee your top townread if you both are cc’ing each other?
Well obviously they aren't
anymore

They were coming into the day
fucking lol

Idk the vibe I get from Darby is that they seem a little too uninformed at times but seems like they are trying to earnestly figure this out on the info they have, this doesn’t really have feel like a partner partner interaction
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:32 am

Oh I remembered the thing that thing that pinged me about dwlee - during our interaction when they tried to convince me that I was truly blocked they didn’t even acknowledge that the scenario makes very little sense and that it was kind of weird. I would’ve expect town them to admit that the scenario was implausible but that’s just what happened.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:33 am

In post 1143, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1141, DArby wrote:I’m kinda leaning back to Dwlee/SS.

I’m not totally caught up yet but I was getting these vibes and then you said it first. Im p conflicted but aorn I think this is the likely solve rn of the three

ik this is a bit tinfoily ugh gut vibe the interactions between SS and Dwlee kind of feel SvS and theatrey? Like I don’t thjnk they expected us to seriously consider SS/dwlee but we are so they ramped up the arguing? I don’t like the way SS is sliming me/dwlee as the fixed solve and interpreting everything I do uncharitably notably my claim which has a very simple explanation behind it. and I don’t feel dwlee has really towntold and there’s something else that gave me heebie jeebies about them
him
but Idr what as I’m writing this rn. I also still really don’t believe the idea that I got roleblocked N2 even if the tracks make some sense, it seems more like a gamble at pocketing me which was plausible
god damn I’m sorry did it again
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

It is implausible but it's what happened
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If I'm scum here I'm literally psychic
I prefer they, thanks :)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:57 am

lol I mean you saying that after I bring it up as a concern doesn’t really mean much to me

and honestly if it’s you/SS i don’t even think it’s that bad if you cc me with that result and you guess wrong. I think the dynamic of the day would essentially just be different - you would try to frame me/SS as the team and SS would try to frame you/Darby as the team.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”