Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 433, Jacket wrote:That last pop-in from Greeting is...not great.
Which post do you mean?
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 451, Greeting wrote:
Which post do you mean?
423/424 - a single question to RH9 who is getting a lot of attention, and a clarification of something he was saying to Three.

Is that all you have to add to the game right now? Do you have any reads, at all?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 452, Jacket wrote:
In post 451, Greeting wrote:
Which post do you mean?
423/424 - a single question to RH9 who is getting a lot of attention, and a clarification of something he was saying to Three.

Is that all you have to add to the game right now? Do you have any reads, at all?
I was confused, because the two posts are very different in nature. One is questioning
RH9
and the other is explaining their actions. If you want to know my attitude towards them, focus on the first post. The second post reflects my wish to not focus on irrelevant stuff. There’s plenty more of eyebrow-raising stuff from that slot than just copying the bolding from me. Unless you think that this is a relevant point or argument, then enlighten me please.

I actually do have reads already, but want to wait a bit more before I post them.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Jacket »

Wait...for what, exactly? It's 4 and a half days to the deadline.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 454, Jacket wrote:Wait...for what, exactly? It's 4 and a half days to the deadline.
For more info. You think that’s little time? To me this means I have at least two more days until final wagons are forming.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:44 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 424, Greeting wrote:
In post 421, Three wrote: This is also bizarre. I don't understand why you're using meta from players who aren't in this game. I don't get why you're linking the Wiki and user profiles either instead of posts that would support the point you're trying to make. It just seems...busy. Like you're trying to make it look like you're making a case with proper sources when that isn't really what's going on.
What he meant in regard to me was that he's borrowing mine, and another player's, style of bolding names of players for the purpose of making a point. I don't mind this and I don't see this as odd. By this, I mean this borrowing thing in particular of course.
I am trying to stop but it has been something that I started in Mini 2250, to avoid mainhinting as a secret alt. It has become a part of my playstyle. Sorry.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:45 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 423, Greeting wrote:
In post 382, RH9 wrote:
In post 381, RH9 wrote:
In post 377, Jacket wrote:
In post 374, RH9 wrote:
In post 373, Jacket wrote:The generalized gamestate take is in a game as sluggish as this one there's probably a handful of scum in the low-content slots but sorting them is impossible unless they actually start contributing it's more or less a crapshoot. There are situations where it can be active scum while town is apathetic and lurks it out, but it feels like there's a little too much discord between the active players for that to be the case.
Which one of the more inactive players do you think can be scum?
And how far have you read? I don't expect you to have read everything because you said that you skimmed. But then, who doesn't skim? I remembered that the first time that I replaced in, I skimmed and ended up with reads which are definitely one of my best. Thus, I'll take your reads as though it is 100% correct.
...you realize I'm voting you, right?
Yes. What about it?
Why is it so important that you're voting me? I have come across confbias before and it always lead to me getting townread.
Why, instead of confronting a scumread on you, are you deflecting attention?
Because then I will sound over the top defensive.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:50 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 426, Three wrote:
In post 422, RH9 wrote:
In post 421, Three wrote:
In post 388, RH9 wrote:
In post 385, RH9 wrote:And was partially inspired by somebody's reaction to STD in a past game that I spectated where STD replaced in and scumread them.
(STD probably knows what I'm talking about.)
Except that that player was in a different alignment in that game to what I am in this game.
(But I remember that Roden mentioning that this sort of thing has been done, as seen in his post , in which he mentioned Cook and T3. It was what Roden described as "just some background info on Cook's strat".)
In post 390, RH9 wrote:
In post 389, Galron wrote:Please elucidate, RH9.
My reaction to was heavily borrowed from the reaction of to in Open 833. But was a member of the groupscum and replaced into a slot which was part of the uninformed majority.

However, I'm not a member of the groupscum and hence my self-comparision to when she was VT in Newbie 2080 with you and .

(Now I'm starting to borrow from and in regards to temporarily bolding names.)
This is also bizarre. I don't understand why you're using meta from players who aren't in this game. I don't get why you're linking the Wiki and user profiles either instead of posts that would support the point you're trying to make. It just seems...busy. Like you're trying to make it look like you're making a case with proper sources when that isn't really what's going on.
I'm doing it to show why I'm acting this way. I'm borrowing from those players.
Ok but why did you link the wiki and user profiles instead of individual posts or quotes that supported what you were trying to explain?
I thought that I did in . The cherry picking is getting on my nerves from somebody who did not skim. And I linked it as a one time gimmick.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:53 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 434, Scorpious wrote:I think Jacket replaced in. Got his red pm, and was totally lost because SF had like 2 posts. So he skimmed looking for any mention
Of SF and much to his dismay, found nothing, and is having a tough time generating content because of it. This slot feels… sus, but I’m just a boomer trying to talk like the cool kids.
You are not.

v/la every weekend

Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Cupcake Butterfly »

In post 446, Galron wrote:
In post 437, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Three, there is one train of logic to help you read me.

I have pushed 2/4 of your scumreads. Do you believe a bus has occurred from me?
I read this and thought, "Where are one and two?"

Thank you for . I just want to dive into it or something.
Salsabil, technically, and ADSE.
In post 447, Galron wrote:
In post 435, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 403, Scorpious wrote:
In post 375, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:VOTE: ADSE

Are we going to get an explanation?
Should I provide one?

Their latest reply did not satisfy me.
Are you talking about ?
Actually, no.

They proposed you were town because you were too abrasive in some posts (which I'd argue not but that's less important here).

17 minutes later, votes you.

And then 5 more minutes pass, they propose that you are pocketing Greeting when they've not even interacted with your posts on Greeting, or Greeting themselves.

The progression reads as fabricated because the first post is to base one quote off of. Furthermore, there's no rationale for what actually is abrasive and how that contains town-motivation, so it's filler.

There's no context between that and them actually voting you, and from what the following rationale is, it's based on your interaction with
one
player... but why can't Galron/Greeting be scum theatre? Pocketing isn't solely a scum tactic, so why can't it be town?

It reads like a TMI or protection of either you or Greeting.

Finally, to suggest that there is no relation by inquiry feels like a deflection from the question. All of their posts here were about you, Galron, and yet when asked on the progression of otherwise contradicting viewpoints, they have nothing to provide.

Being Mafia is a likely explanation for this behavior.
You may know me by Taly or Lady Chloe.
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:04 am

In post 390, RH9 wrote:
My reaction to was heavily borrowed from the reaction of to in Open 833. But was a member of the groupscum and replaced into a slot which was part of the uninformed majority.

However, I'm not a member of the groupscum and hence my self-comparision to when she was VT in Newbie 2080 with you and .

I am flattered. My cold, dead heart flutters from the glucose derived from cupcakes.
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:06 am

In post 457, RH9 wrote:
In post 382, RH9 wrote:
In post 381, RH9 wrote:
In post 374, RH9 wrote:
In post 373, Jacket wrote:The generalized gamestate take is in a game as sluggish as this one there's probably a handful of scum in the low-content slots but sorting them is impossible unless they actually start contributing it's more or less a crapshoot. There are situations where it can be active scum while town is apathetic and lurks it out, but it feels like there's a little too much discord between the active players for that to be the case.
And how far have you read? I don't expect you to have read everything because you said that you skimmed. But then, who doesn't skim? I remembered that the first time that I replaced in, I skimmed and ended up with reads which are definitely one of my best. Thus, I'll take your reads as though it is 100% correct.
Yes. What about it?
Why is it so important that you're voting me? I have come across confbias before and it always lead to me getting townread.
Why is sounding over-the-top defensive a bad thing if you believe what you're saying?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Three »

In post 437, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:Three, there is one train of logic to help you read me.

I can't confidently if a bus is happening or not on Day 1. With zero flips, pushing people doesn't mean much to me, especially since I could be wrong about my reads. Even if you were bussing and we flip scum today, it is never my first thought to eliminate whoever orchestrated a scum wagon anyway. Unless we find some damning evidence of course.

I feel like asking me if you're bussing or not is a weird way to get me to read you but I kind of get the logic behind it. What's your scum history with bussing?
In post 432, Jacket wrote:
In post 415, Scorpious wrote:Bells go off in my head when I read “skimmed”. The fact that you are ingesting the game whole and not coming at us with a “read” from a skim makes me lean town on you and scum on Jacket.
I mean, I've read the game. Don't know why you're being a pedant about my word choice. I'm just holding back a little.
In post 419, Three wrote:Preconceptions from before I replaced in was that between A50 and Salsa, A50 read as more town to me so I wanted his slot. Not because of anything he did that was pro town, I just thought his posts were funny. Salsa's tone always just reads as scummy to me though. I want to see what Jacket does since I think I'll have a better chance of correctly reading him.
Past track record says I'm skeptical.

Funny though, A50 was one of the slots I didn't like. Figured based on the last game with him it'd be obvious when he's town, and he was...not that, for the time he was in this game. I'll wait and see on you, though.
What made you think A50 can make himself obvtown so early into the game?
In post 449, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 425, Three wrote:STD- Nothing stands out to even earn a town lean. I like that he's trying to evaluate and reevaluate others at least. I don't really like that he's being poked to give more content and still doesn't seem to give much more, but it could just be a playstyle thing. 329 stands out to me as iffy though, I don't get why he has so many supposed town reads.
i meant the townreads on me
Oh.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Three »

In post 450, Save The Dragons wrote:i still like my vote
Same.

VOTE: Scorpius
In post 458, RH9 wrote:
In post 422, RH9 wrote:
In post 388, RH9 wrote:
In post 385, RH9 wrote:And was partially inspired by somebody's reaction to STD in a past game that I spectated where STD replaced in and scumread them.
Except that that player was in a different alignment in that game to what I am in this game.
(But I remember that Roden mentioning that this sort of thing has been done, as seen in his post , in which he mentioned Cook and T3. It was what Roden described as "just some background info on Cook's strat".)
In post 390, RH9 wrote:

This is also bizarre. I don't understand why you're using meta from players who aren't in this game. I don't get why you're linking the Wiki and user profiles either instead of posts that would support the point you're trying to make. It just seems...busy. Like you're trying to make it look like you're making a case with proper sources when that isn't really what's going on.
Ok but why did you link the wiki and user profiles instead of individual posts or quotes that supported what you were trying to explain?
I thought that I did in . The cherry picking is getting on my nerves from somebody who did not skim. And I linked it as a one time gimmick.
I'm not cherry-picking, and post 420 was made after I made my catch up, so that isn't relevant at all to whether or not I skimmed.

I'm telling you that your post came off as fake busy and fake sourced. You linked a bunch of things that didn't require links for a post I honestly don't think was necessary or helpful.
Cupcake Butterfly
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Cupcake Butterfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:31 am

In post 463, Three wrote:

I can't confidently if a bus is happening or not on Day 1. With zero flips, pushing people doesn't mean much to me, especially since I could be wrong about my reads. Even if you were bussing and we flip scum today, it is never my first thought to eliminate whoever orchestrated a scum wagon anyway. Unless we find some damning evidence of course.

I feel like asking me if you're bussing or not is a weird way to get me to read you but I kind of get the logic behind it. What's your scum history with bussing?
When I play my main, Taly, I strongly prefer not to bus, but I still do it to self-preserve.

I won't say that I play similarly or differently as Cupcake Butterfly. I just do not have sufficient data to give you meta on this alt.

And my question is not just about helping you read me, it helps you flesh out your POV, and I sort you in return.
A Dreary Saturday Evening
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by A Dreary Saturday Evening »

Yes, I have been lurking.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 462, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:
In post 457, RH9 wrote:
In post 382, RH9 wrote:
In post 381, RH9 wrote:
In post 374, RH9 wrote:
Yes. What about it?
Why is sounding over-the-top defensive a bad thing if you believe what you're saying?
You should know. Galron voted you in D6 for it. I don't want to be misread or misinterpreted. I want the truth to be revealed.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 464, Three wrote:
In post 450, Save The Dragons wrote:i still like my vote
Same.

VOTE: Scorpius
In post 458, RH9 wrote:
In post 422, RH9 wrote:
In post 388, RH9 wrote:
In post 390, RH9 wrote:

I'm not cherry-picking, and post 420 was made after I made my catch up, so that isn't relevant at all to whether or not I skimmed.

I'm telling you that your post came off as fake busy and fake sourced. You linked a bunch of things that didn't require links for a post I honestly don't think was necessary or helpful.
I concede my argument. The truth will come out and I will watch the downfall of all those who misread. However there is still time to prevent this future.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by RH9 »

@Cook VC please?
Thank you in advance.

v/la every weekend

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 463, Three wrote:What made you think A50 can make himself obvtown so early into the game?
I remembered him being fairly obvious town right away in 2242, but I went back and checked and he replaced into that game, so probably not the best comparison, but still, his content here was entirely fluff/trolling, with basically no real attempts to solve, and making weirdly self-conscious posts about not doing anything rather than...actually making game-advancing content, which he had no trouble doing in that other game.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Jacket »

Uh.

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Errors in previous VC's have been fixed.

VC
Scorpious (4): Galron, Save The Dragons, Not_Mafia, Three

A Dreary Saturday Evening (3): Nathann, Cupcake Butterfly, RCEnigma
Save The Dragons (1): StrangeMatter
Jacket (1): Scorpious
Galron (1): A Dreary Saturday Evening

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

There are (expired on 2021-12-17 02:29:03) left before deadline.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Jacket »

Not really happy with how the game is playing out, need to change things up, will try to do a reset tomorrow.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Nathann »

Okay, I'm somewhat alive, let's see.
I'm not sure I like this post, coupled with the vote on RH9 in the previous one. It seems like he's saying that he feels like this
isn't
the case with active scum and apathetic town, but then he votes one of the more active slots? Not saying that he can't have scumreads inside active players if that's his general view on the gamestate, but it feels odd considering he didn't elaborate on it at all.

I find the wiki links in very funny. Gut is telling me this is townie taking the piss. I know my gut's not to be trusted there, but it's funny.
In post 399, Scorpious wrote:
In post 393, RH9 wrote:And Three, how's reading going? I notice that you're online but you haven't posted so I am assuming that you are reading.
I don’t like when people do this. So am Into assume you are keeping tabs on everyone like this?
Does this "not like" mean "I dislike it but I think it's NAI" or "I find it scummy"?
In post 403, Scorpious wrote:
In post 375, Cupcake Butterfly wrote:VOTE: ADSE
Are we going to get an explanation?
This post feels like busywork... I think any votes on ADSE are pretty self-explainatory at this stage of the game, have you seen their slot?
In post 415, Scorpious wrote:Bells go off in my head when I read “skimmed”. The fact that you are ingesting the game whole and not coming at us with a “read” from a skim makes me lean town on you and scum on Jacket.
Uh oh, I think I said I skimmed earlier...
In post 419, Three wrote:But something I gotta say now is that I don't understand how some players have so many town reads. Because the more I read the more I was just like...how? So many players have scummy tones or are making accusations with nothing to back it up or are making serious votes while giving zero effort in actually getting their scum reads eliminated. It's bizarre.
Considering I'm probably one of those people, I'll answer this for myself - in gamestates like those, where a lot of people appear scummy for certain reasons and there's not much transparent townieness, the bar for a townlean lowers. I mostly do it for my own sanity, since I feel like I need to have
some
townreads to properly function.

Three, do you have any completed scumgames on the site? I'm digging you tonally so far, but you strike me as an experienced player, so I'd like to check that.
In post 420, RH9 wrote:After all, if you don't act too defensive, there is nothing to be too worried about.
What does acting defensive have to do with this whole story?

Three might be right in , seems like a more logical conclusion than mine. Linking posts would at least make the whole thing easier to follow. Hm.

Bottom of page 17, this game is giving me a headache, I will be back in a short while.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.

Return to “Completed Open Games”