SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:I'd expect them all to be exactly as per the presented sample townie PM or a variation thereof.

What part of 'EVERY ROLE IN THE GAME has a special note' does the Townie example PM don't you understand?
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Electra wrote: No. I'm saying that bringing up no lynch is not suspicious. If I were using no lynch to clear other suspicions, then that would be WIFOM, but I'm not, I'm just saying that bringing up no lynch itself is not suspicious. I'm not saying that bringing it up makes me any more of a town, but it does not make me any scummier.
No. I'M saying that it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NO LYNCH PART. I specifically SAID that.
Stop arguing issues I am not talking about.
The part being referred to is the part where you said you WOULDN'T DO -SAID ACTION- IF YOU WERE SCUM. Which is SCUMMY.

And I vote for scummy. Because scum are scummy.

Unvote
Vote: Electra
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Yaw »

SocioPath wrote:What part of 'EVERY ROLE IN THE GAME has a special note' does the Townie example PM don't you understand?
Sure, cut out the part in which I explain what I'm talking about and then get annoyed at something you took out of context.

Yes, every role in the game has a special note. Now, go back and read the front post, and tell me where it says that every role in the game has a
unique
special note. You can't, because it's not there. Get the point now? Duplicate special notes are possible. They're most likely to happen in the case of townies.

Furthermore, since the special notes given have mechanical implications, and townie roles don't have mechanics that would need to be explained, we can expect that townie special notes would provide us with little useful information.
Success breeds suspicion
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:
SocioPath wrote:What part of 'EVERY ROLE IN THE GAME has a special note' does the Townie example PM don't you understand?
Sure, cut out the part in which I explain what I'm talking about and then get annoyed at something you took out of context.

Yes, every role in the game has a special note. Now, go back and read the front post, and tell me where it says that every role in the game has a
unique
special note. You can't, because it's not there. Get the point now? Duplicate special notes are possible. They're most likely to happen in the case of townies.

It says it is there so that we can be ASSURED that EVERY role in the game has AT LEAST one SPECIAL note.

Maybe I'm just interpreting what it says wrong, or maybe I'm reading my role PM special note(s) wrong, but I've yet to see anywhere that is even hinting that a Townie PM wouldn't include information.

Unless you are claiming Townie with a special note that says 'This is where special notes would go if you were a role that mattered.'

Yaw wrote:Furthermore, since the special notes given have mechanical implications, and townie roles don't have mechanics that would need to be explained, we can expect that townie special notes would provide us with little useful information.

No where does it say that special notes are for mechanical implications only.

A special note could say something as simple as for example: 'Oh by the way, Yaw is scum.'
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Yaw »

Wait a second...something just clicked for me.

Unvote
Vote: SocioPath

I'm around 85% sure on this one. Just pull up all his posts and read.
Success breeds suspicion
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:Wait a second...something just clicked for me.

Unvote

I'm around 85% sure on this one. Just pull up all his posts and read.
85% sure while only including half of the possible scenarios, think about that one.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Yaw »

What? That didn't make sense.

I'm around 85% sure SocioPath is scum. Bandwagon him.
Success breeds suspicion
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:What? That didn't make sense.

Thats cool. Ignore the substance of my posts, igoore simple game mechanics, and blindly ask for an unsupported bagonwagon when you can't even make a case against me.

Good luck with that, although I would have thought better of you.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by SensFan »

I want a claim from SocioPath.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 am

Post by ooba »

I'd prefer a SSK lynch ..

Not only does he lurk throughout Day 1 , he votes and disappears on a meta and disappears without explaining why.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:12 am

Post by ooba »

Unvote. Vote : MafiaSSK

----------------

Current Vote count ..

6 MafiaSSK (Caboose, wolframnhart, forbiddanlight, SensFan, charter, ooba)
2 charter (ooba, MafiaSSK)
1 Electra (Seraphim,Empking, SocioPath)
1 SocioPath (Yaw)

----------------

MafiaSSK claim please ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:13 am

Post by ooba »

EBWOP : Remove my vote from carter in that vote count ..
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:50 am

Post by SensFan »

SensFan wrote:I want a claim from SocioPath.
This should happen before the day ends and before SSK claims.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Electra »

I would also like a claim from SocioPath. :p

Also, ooba, it's true that SSK did what you said he did, but why does that make him scummier? It just makes him annoying. Generally the most annoying people aren't scum.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What? That didn't make sense.

Why? Could you please point out what makes him scum? And not just say read his posts in isolation?

I'm fine with an SSK lynch, but if Yaw can actually support the SP one (and I also agree after reading SP in isolation), I think it would be a better lynch since there would likely be more of a case and more information.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Empking »

Yeah, Sociopath should claim.

We should also drp the townie special notes thing.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Yaw »

Sorry, was close to heading off yesterday and just wanted to get something in fast.

For SocioPath, there's...well, a lot of different things. The main one that clicked for me is that he inadvertently dropped some pretty strong hints about his role in the thread. Don't want to get into this too much because it's not 100% scum, but is comparable against a claim and I want to give him a chance to make a mistake when claiming.

When going back with that idea, I noticed first of all his behaviour towards Ooba. Remember that the Ooba-wagon started out right when the charter-wagon was gaining steam. This means that if the charter-wagon was on scum, there's a high probability that scum were driving the opposing wagon. Even if not, SocioPath was by far the most vehement about going after Ooba, going to absurd lengths to try to justify a lynch. His exit strategy looked really weak here, compared to the effort in trying to push the wagon in the first place.

The recent attempt on Electra is also symptomatic of the need to push a bandwagon anywhere, for any reason. Electra was pretty much forced by Seraphim's accusation to bring up WIFOM, which SocioPath jumped on without looking at the context (Electra was actually saying that bringing up no lynch was value neutral, while acknowledging that it's usually seen as scummy). And again he's pushing a wagon heavily, based on nothing.

In short, he's just looking to push a lynch for any reason. His bandwagoning lacks discernment, and he's unwilling to consider evidence that doesn't get his chosen victims lynched. Combine that with the role tells and we have scum.

(And those saying SocioPath should claim without voting for him? Not helpful. Vote.)
Success breeds suspicion
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Caboose »

Yaw wrote:For SocioPath, there's...well, a lot of different things. The main one that clicked for me is that he inadvertently dropped some pretty strong hints about his role in the thread. Don't want to get into this too much because it's not 100% scum, but is comparable against a claim and I want to give him a chance to make a mistake when claiming.

When going back with that idea, I noticed first of all his behaviour towards Ooba. Remember that the Ooba-wagon started out right when the charter-wagon was gaining steam. This means that if the charter-wagon was on scum, there's a high probability that scum were driving the opposing wagon. Even if not, SocioPath was by far the most vehement about going after Ooba, going to absurd lengths to try to justify a lynch. His exit strategy looked really weak here, compared to the effort in trying to push the wagon in the first place.

The recent attempt on Electra is also symptomatic of the need to push a bandwagon anywhere, for any reason. Electra was pretty much forced by Seraphim's accusation to bring up WIFOM, which SocioPath jumped on without looking at the context (Electra was actually saying that bringing up no lynch was value neutral, while acknowledging that it's usually seen as scummy). And again he's pushing a wagon heavily, based on nothing.

In short, he's just looking to push a lynch for any reason. His bandwagoning lacks discernment, and he's unwilling to consider evidence that doesn't get his chosen victims lynched. Combine that with the role tells and we have scum.

(And those saying SocioPath should claim without voting for him? Not helpful. Vote.)
Hmmmmm... This is a really valid point and case.
Socio wrote:No. I'M saying that it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NO LYNCH PART. I specifically SAID that.
Stop arguing issues I am not talking about.
The part being referred to is the part where you said you WOULDN'T DO -SAID ACTION- IF YOU WERE SCUM. Which is SCUMMY.

And I vote for scummy. Because scum are scummy.

Unvote
Vote: Electra
While Electra
did
bring up WIFOM, I didn't really get a scummy read off of that for the same reason that Yaw didn't. I think Socio was reaching on this point.

I, too, would like a Soc claim, and so

Unvote
Vote: Sociopath
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:28 am

Post by charter »

I've agreed with basically everything SP's said. I still think he's right, and I don't think he's scum. I certainly don't think he's 85% scum. MafiaSSK acted terribly anti-town today and if he keeps doing it it will be impossible to win.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Yaw »

Awesome. Just proves my point more.
charter wrote:MafiaSSK acted terribly anti-town today and if he keeps doing it it will be impossible to win.
This is hysterical. One person causing a stall is not going to make it impossible to win. Besides, what SSK did shows that he was oblivious to what was going on (came in, didn't read the recent messages, posted that he still had to reread, left). He was responding to prods, not to what was happening in the thread. And from having seen SSK in other contexts, this seems to be par for the course with him. So what you're saying in this statement amounts to stating that SSK ought to be a day 1 policy lynch. And if he's a policy lynch, that means that whether or not he's scum doesn't factor into your calculations.

So SSK may be scum, but that doesn't matter to you at all.
Success breeds suspicion
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

After reread SP as well as considering Yaw's case, I agree that Sociopath is a better lynch than SSK

Unvote, Vote Sociopath

I'll explain more later. I have to make dinner.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Two days 'til deadline. Posting rate being up is good.
Prod on wolf?

I'm just trying to discern whether SSK is just playing very poorly, or is trying to hide his little reasoning for the charter wagon by purposely appearing to play poorly. But considering how utterly clueless he is, I would weigh in to him probably not being scum.
MafiaSSK wrote:I'm doing amazingly poor play for myself in this game. I am fine with myself being a deadline lynch.
Uh, not too sure I like this post either. Seems a little bit of appeal to emotion?
Sociopath wrote:It says it is there so that we can be ASSURED that EVERY role in the game has AT LEAST one SPECIAL note.
Special, but not necessarily in that sense.

Read over the current new cases.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:25 am

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:When going back with that idea, I noticed first of all his behaviour towards Ooba. Remember that the Ooba-wagon started out right when the charter-wagon was gaining steam. This means that if the charter-wagon was on scum, there's a high probability that scum were driving the opposing wagon. Even if not, SocioPath was by far the most vehement about going after Ooba, going to absurd lengths to try to justify a lynch. His exit strategy looked really weak here, compared to the effort in trying to push the wagon in the first place.
My personal experiance is that with the way I word things, scum jump all over it, and ask me to state, and restate, and restate things again and again of things I've already covered. I got that vibe from ooba, hence my vote. In previous games I looked at it with it just being inexperiance, a refusal to read, and ruled it off as a VI. Then the game ended (due to lack of activity.) and then I saw that everyone who had done such to me, was actually the scum. So base on my own experiance, and my read of ooba, that I'll definately keep my eyes on him throughout.
Yaw wrote:The recent attempt on Electra is also symptomatic of the need to push a bandwagon anywhere, for any reason.
The deadline is two days away. A lynch is needed. I've stated the people I'd vote for to lynch.
Yaw wrote:Electra was pretty much forced by Seraphim's accusation to bring up WIFOM, which SocioPath jumped on without looking at the context (Electra was actually saying that bringing up no lynch was value neutral, while acknowledging that it's usually seen as scummy).
What part of what I was saying do you not understand?
Someone saying what they would do as scum is WIFOM. Her saying she wouldn't do something like that as scum is WIFOM.
Things usually are seen as scummy because SCUM DO THEM.
Do something like scum, get treated AS SCUM.
You see ME as scummy...and you don't see MY defense as 'OH I WOULDN'T STAND OUT AS MUCH AND DRAW SO MUCH ATTENTION TO MYSELF IF I WAS SCUM'. Because that is NOT a defense. It is just NOISE.
Yaw wrote:And again he's pushing a wagon heavily, based on nothing.
It is scummy statements like this that sway me from thinking you are a protown actively scum hunting.

Heavily pushing her wagon? No, I'm not. I'm trying to her her to realise that what she said, ARE VERY SCUMMY STATEMENTS. Her refusal to acknowledge any of it, not to mention her lurker then voting style, led me to vote her. I haven't pushed it since then. Because I vote for who I think is scum.

And what was your defense about her no lynch suggestion? Oh thats right, shes an old player from a long long time ago, she thinks differently.

Well I've got news for you. Do you realise WHY shifts in thought occur? Because over time, people draw out and see things that are scummy, and can aling certain actions as being scummy. Maybe things that worked for scum back then perhaps won't WORK FOR SCUM TODAY, because we have a larger knowledge base as far as what scum DO.
Yaw wrote:In short, he's just looking to push a lynch for any reason. His bandwagoning lacks discernment, and he's unwilling to consider evidence that doesn't get his chosen victims lynched.
Evidence? It is a daystart with no known dayroles. There is no evidence, just speculation based on what people say.

The charter wagon was/is retarded, because its based on a single statement of 'Sens is town'. Statements like that occur all the time. Read in a few more games. Does charter KNOW that Sens is town? Unlikely, but thats just his initial read off of him.
Yaw wrote:(And those saying SocioPath should claim without voting for him? Not helpful. Vote.)
I concur. Seriously, just asking for a claim, without putting effort towards such, is scummy as hell. At least Yaw is DOING something about it. As it stands, I refuse to claim, because those that have asked so far without voting, aren't worth my time to type out a responce to.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:27 am

Post by SensFan »

Happy?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 am

Post by SocioPath »

Yaw wrote:This is hysterical. One person causing a stall is not going to make it impossible to win. Besides, what SSK did shows that he was oblivious to what was going on (came in, didn't read the recent messages, posted that he still had to reread, left). He was responding to prods, not to what was happening in the thread. And from having seen SSK in other contexts, this seems to be par for the course with him. So what you're saying in this statement amounts to stating that SSK ought to be a day 1 policy lynch. And if he's a policy lynch, that means that whether or not he's scum doesn't factor into your calculations.

So SSK may be scum, but that doesn't matter to you at all.
I agree, that is what it looks like, and Natirasha is a better policy lynch anyways, and I think his replacement should contribute more thoughts than he has.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”