ILUVYTHAN
ILUVYTHAN
Townie
ILUVYTHAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by ILUVYTHAN »

do you know what's better than a pagetop? a pagetop with content!

i have no idea if ppl still do things called reads lists anymore but here is a reads list bc i feel bad that i signed up for this game and havent given any content for licketyquickety to enjoy

conftown:

ythan
--see this if you dont understand this read

------

fairly town:

dwlee99
--i give them a lot of town credit for their day one moves and i feel like they're participating in a very positive way

not_mafia
--i have a bit of experience with him and nothing about his play strikes me as out of the ordinary or as something i wouldnt expect from town him. i also think the way the kill went through on ssbm gives him some credibility bc like i feel like its probably a misplay for mafia to not fake claim there?? or like at least do something? so in my mind n_m, if mafia, might've lurked and waited to hammer there? like i think there's a world where n_m can stay true to his playstyle while allowing ssbm to like fake claim and do something +ev for mafia before they die but instead the hammer comes in a couple hours before ssbm gets on and that strikes me as genuine

------

lean town:

save the dragons
--0/10 username, dragons are basically just capitalists so i would very much like to see them all dead. that being said i get generally good vibes from their posts. like in particular their mid-day one posts came across as town to me. i see being uncertain and hesitant about something despite voting for it as a sign of intelligence and good play and like wanting to see more content makes a lot of sense. i also think their frustration D2 is fair. like to me that just seems like somebody who is struggling to interact with the game and is just getting wagoned out of town boredom v. any legitimate reason and like i can understand how that lack of interaction while simultaneously getting votes could be frustrating and lead to disconnection from the game holistically so im not rly buying the wagon on them

aaron
--i dont rly agree with any of his recent reads tbh. but i liked most of the D1 posts, they all seemed pretty good and like nothing D2 seems out of the ordinary, just not something i agree with

alicek
-- the tone of a lot of their posts bother tf outta me. that being said, i feel like that's non-alignment indicative. the content from the three/alice interaction left me feeling like they are probably town. i place no stock in the ssbm vote either way, its kinda whatever. then there hasnt been a ton of content D2, but like i think it largely lines up with what id expect and doesnt alter my initial thoughts

andresvmb
--i have a lot of complicated thoughts about him, but im not sure its particularly relevant or worth exploring cause this should resolve itself in like a game phase regardless of my thoughts

almost50
--this is probably my weakest town read. i dont feel like there's much readable content there. like i can definitely buy the frustration and see how it leads to their resulting play. plus they havent done anything that negatively stands out, so im kind of inclined to think they're town its just a very weak read

------

null:

three
--i dont rly know how to feel about the three/alice interaction from this perspective. like three comes across as very crass at times, but i feel like thats more personality than alignment indicative. the one thing that somewhat troubled me D1 is he seemed very focused on himself and not on solving the game which is never a good thing. i do feel like their D2 posts look a fair amount better though, so im rather inclined to just wait and see until i get a stronger feeling one way or the other

ugly duck
--im not a huge fan of the D1 vigilante discussion. having theories about how a vig should operate is something i dont see as being alignment indicative and so as a result i think actively encouraging a discussion on that probably isnt very helpful. heavily participating in that conversation strikes me as a way to look productive while being very neutral and hard to read which is a net loss. but like enough people were doing it that im not comfortable saying somebody's mafia over it

based on the way he voted ssbm, i dont see it as particularly telling one way or the other. i do slightly ask the liking questions bc i see it as a way to constructively participate and it somewhat helps seeing the thought process. i dont particularly care for their pressure on STD, the way they handled that doesnt look particularly good to me, but then at the same time there wasnt a vote so im not completely sure how to feel

------

lean scum:

jacksonvirgo
--i dont get particularly good vibes here. i will say, the early day 1 stuff in particular felt good. day 2 tho, ehhhhh. #684 in particular feels fake and bothers me. then they double down on that sentiment in #784 and it seems like a very poor excuse for the drop off in play. like based on their posting history, i dont really have any issues with them not being on ssbm--like to me that read looks fairly decently thought out and makes sense. but it seems like their play has experienced a massive drop off and they're hardcore trying to coast which bothers me and makes me feel like they're somebody who worked really hard D1 to like establish themselves, and then the more the game gets into crunch time they're just gonna be passive af which seems like more of a mafia strategy than a town one
ILUVYTHAN
ILUVYTHAN
Townie
ILUVYTHAN
Townie
Townie

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:43 pm

Post by ILUVYTHAN »

In post 875, ILUVYTHAN wrote:do you know what's better than a pagetop? a pagetop with content!

i have no idea if ppl still do things called reads lists anymore but here is a reads list bc i feel bad that i signed up for this game and havent given any content for licketyquickety to enjoy

conftown:

ythan
--see this if you dont understand this read

------

fairly town:

dwlee99
--i give them a lot of town credit for their day one moves and i feel like they're participating in a very positive way

not_mafia
--i have a bit of experience with him and nothing about his play strikes me as out of the ordinary or as something i wouldnt expect from town him. i also think the way the kill went through on ssbm gives him some credibility bc like i feel like its probably a misplay for mafia to not fake claim there?? or like at least do something? so in my mind n_m, if mafia, might've lurked and waited to hammer there? like i think there's a world where n_m can stay true to his playstyle while allowing ssbm to like fake claim and do something +ev for mafia before they die but instead the hammer comes in a couple hours before ssbm gets on and that strikes me as genuine

------

lean town:

save the dragons
--0/10 username, dragons are basically just capitalists so i would very much like to see them all dead. that being said i get generally good vibes from their posts. like in particular their mid-day one posts came across as town to me. i see being uncertain and hesitant about something despite voting for it as a sign of intelligence and good play and like wanting to see more content makes a lot of sense. i also think their frustration D2 is fair. like to me that just seems like somebody who is struggling to interact with the game and is just getting wagoned out of town boredom v. any legitimate reason and like i can understand how that lack of interaction while simultaneously getting votes could be frustrating and lead to disconnection from the game holistically so im not rly buying the wagon on them

aaron
--i dont rly agree with any of his recent reads tbh. but i liked most of the D1 posts, they all seemed pretty good and like nothing D2 seems out of the ordinary, just not something i agree with

alicek
-- the tone of a lot of their posts bother tf outta me. that being said, i feel like that's non-alignment indicative. the content from the three/alice interaction left me feeling like they are probably town. i place no stock in the ssbm vote either way, its kinda whatever. then there hasnt been a ton of content D2, but like i think it largely lines up with what id expect and doesnt alter my initial thoughts

andresvmb
--i have a lot of complicated thoughts about him, but im not sure its particularly relevant or worth exploring cause this should resolve itself in like a game phase regardless of my thoughts

almost50
--this is probably my weakest town read. i dont feel like there's much readable content there. like i can definitely buy the frustration and see how it leads to their resulting play. plus they havent done anything that negatively stands out, so im kind of inclined to think they're town its just a very weak read

------

null:

three
--i dont rly know how to feel about the three/alice interaction from this perspective. like three comes across as very crass at times, but i feel like thats more personality than alignment indicative. the one thing that somewhat troubled me D1 is he seemed very focused on himself and not on solving the game which is never a good thing. i do feel like their D2 posts look a fair amount better though, so im rather inclined to just wait and see until i get a stronger feeling one way or the other

ugly duck
--im not a huge fan of the D1 vigilante discussion. having theories about how a vig should operate is something i dont see as being alignment indicative and so as a result i think actively encouraging a discussion on that probably isnt very helpful. heavily participating in that conversation strikes me as a way to look productive while being very neutral and hard to read which is a net loss. but like enough people were doing it that im not comfortable saying somebody's mafia over it

based on the way he voted ssbm, i dont see it as particularly telling one way or the other. i do slightly ask the liking questions bc i see it as a way to constructively participate and it somewhat helps seeing the thought process. i dont particularly care for their pressure on STD, the way they handled that doesnt look particularly good to me, but then at the same time there wasnt a vote so im not completely sure how to feel

------

lean scum:

jacksonvirgo
--i dont get particularly good vibes here. i will say, the early day 1 stuff in particular felt good. day 2 tho, ehhhhh. #684 in particular feels fake and bothers me. then they double down on that sentiment in #784 and it seems like a very poor excuse for the drop off in play. like based on their posting history, i dont really have any issues with them not being on ssbm--like to me that read looks fairly decently thought out and makes sense. but it seems like their play has experienced a massive drop off and they're hardcore trying to coast which bothers me and makes me feel like they're somebody who worked really hard D1 to like establish themselves, and then the more the game gets into crunch time they're just gonna be passive af which seems like more of a mafia strategy than a town one
ebwop--i replaced the link about ythan with something much much better

in the event a non-byliever deletes the page i have screenshotted it here for posterity's sake:
Spoiler:
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'm dumbstruck! And excited to look at the reads more in the morning.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You need more scumreads
I prefer they, thanks :)
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m reading. I just need a minute.
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 am

Post by AliceK »

In post 856, Save The Dragons wrote:i mean is it scummy to not be here
It is for sure scummy to not read the thread, sheep random person and saying that these are your reads.
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:22 am

Post by AliceK »

Wait, ILUVYTHAN believe N_M more than Andres. That's... interesting.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 246, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Still, even if I was worried about N_M being watched I'd shoot there as scum has no way to block the vig directly so I'd still get a second shot and not die until N2 if seen on N1
I’m going to assume that NotMafia is Town for a bit. I would prefer if NotMafia actually contributed to this game some, but I think the Scum were looking to encourage that the shot be directed so they could determine who did it, and neutralize the Vig. And if the shot is targeting Town, even better as they don’t have to worry about having to protect one of their own and having them revealed as Scum.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

@ILY: So, you have but ONLY ONE SCUM LEAN, but you're not voting them????

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 450, JacksonVirgo wrote:VOTE: fua

I did have Andres as a tier above fua, but the reaction to kyouko where they needed to just blatantly throw shade at their slot once the heat pushed up against them is a failed vibe check.

I'm vibing here now. Andres a close second.
Okay hahaha I really should have shot here.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Sorry @RCE, that post from Kyouko that indicates they would have consolidated on you if needed for deadline purposes - I should have caught that. I needed to be more focused instead of playing this from memory. I wouldn’t have shot you if I had read that more carefully.

I think Three is a decent execution here actually. STD maybe not as much.

VOTE: Three
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: JacksonVirgo
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Three votes Kyouko at an interesting time so I need to think about that (when the obvious Scum play would have been to push onto me and away from Kyouko given JV’s hard defending there).

Unfortunately I think JV needs to die this game one way or another. So if we don’t execute there I’ll shoot the slot. I think it’s a mistake to let it live until much later and it should clarify some things.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Okay this is a hard lock. I will shoot JV. We can execute elsewhere, see what we find. I’m worried slightly about outing the Gunsmith but I have a hard time seeing how JV lives through the end of the game and we might as well shorten it somewhat. I am also worried about giving Scum too much of a pass in locking themselves onto the player that most obviously defended Scum. I will say though - it’s not that common that Scum defends their Partner so openly even if they’re a Scum PR.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 545, Three wrote:Oh, now I get it. This was all just to split the votes at the last minute. Haha wow, we should've just stuck with the wagon that was actually feasible to push through.

VOTE: RCEnigma

We have twenty hours left.
But then Three changes their mind and moves back onto Town.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:29 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 642, AliceK wrote:From the last few pages I think A50 is scum with Three. His vote on Kyo was basically "a confirmed Town is voting Kyouko so I will vote her as well".

Three's reaction around A50 wagon was also suspicious. Jumped on with "whatever" attitude to unvote few posts later. Looks like a clamsy way to distance himself. If that's the case it would lock RC, Jackson and Kyo as Town. Along with N_M(possibly) and fua.
VOTE: A50
Only to change their mind again.

Okay yeah I can see why DW shoots Alice.

@DW why don’t we do this. We can execute Alice and I can shoot JV. I doubt they both flip Town. If they do, then it’s like a restart, and you all can actually Scum hunt since I expect to get killed here. Even with my bad play thus far. Thoughts?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And you can lead the Town forward without my shitty play getting in the way.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 729, AliceK wrote:So considering eod 1. I would say:
Dwlee, Three and Aaron are likely Town.
Dwlee was pushing Kyoko hard from the beginning.
Three could jump on A50 wagon but decided to go with Kyoko, even if all 3 were scum, he would likely go for A50 as Doctor is more valuable role than other two.
Same for Aaron, he could jump on any wagon but decided to go with Kyoko.

A50 even though was on Kyoko wagon, he kind of didn't have a choice. His defence wasn't really convincing especially self-vote was really sus, could be that he tried to be eliminated instead of Kyoko.
Duck wasn't active eod so he can be a scum who missed opportunity to protect scum buddy.
In post 731, AliceK wrote:I think I will look at these people:
ILUVYTHAN, Ythan, Save The Dragons, Andresvmb
who missed opportunity to express opinion about A50 vs Kyoko. Expecially ILUVYTHAN and Ythan are doing completely nothing.
You know what’s fascinating here? That you don’t express a view on JacksonVirgo at all. That’s hilarious.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 739, AliceK wrote:JV thought process feels genuine. I think he gets a lot of hate for being cocky which is nai imo.
Except for this vague nonsense.

Okay, I mean, I will shoot JV. It’s a done deal. I’m amazed we didn’t just execute the slot and instead you guys allowed a wagon to build on me but whatever.

VOTE: AliceK

Sorry for screwing up the shot.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 749, Three wrote:
In post 374, Andresvmb wrote:Also if this flips Scum the rest of the Team is probably just like {Aaron, Kyouko} to be honest.
In light of the Kyo flip, do you think you could explain this, Andres? This post was in reference to RC, who flipped green, but I'd like to know why you think Aaron could be partnered with Kyo.
Aaron is probably Town just ignore that.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 754, Aaron wrote:My only specific read is just that if one of JacksonVirgo and Andres is scum, I would believe it is Andres. I can't explain this read too well but essentially what it feels like is that JacksonVirgo is not trying to appeal to other players in the game while Andres does feel like he is at least attempting to. I don't believe both are scum. If one of them is scum, it's Andres. If Andres isn't scum, both are town.

I understand that they defended ssbm yesterday but their attitude towards these pushes today doesn't come from scum. Scum doesn't dig their own grave by being this uncooperative. That just doesn't happen especially if they just lost an important pr on their team. Right now scum need to pocket town and whatever JacksonVirgo is doing isn't that.
Wait this is actually nonsense hahaha
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Andresvmb »

RCE TR’ed Alice so maybe I should listen to that.

VOTE: JacksonVirgo

Let’s just kill the player that really shouldn’t live until anywhere near Endgame and I’ll think more carefully about where I want to shoot. The most obvious choice given the last second vote on Scum after it had been actually executed is to shoot Alice (if we execute Jackson), but I’m trying to think if Aaron is actually trying to defend their Partner here. The only way to find out is by flipping Jackson.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 757, Aaron wrote:
In post 755, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't really want JV to endgame though, so am fine killing him now
i don't either but Andres is more likely scum than JacksonVirgo. If Andres flips scum, I am willing to let JacksonVirgo endgame. If not, we still have a lot of eliminations left and it's only day two. There's nothing to worry about.
@DW this is garbage. Why did you fall for this?!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I townread aaron and multiple people were saying not to get JV .—.

anyway

VOTE: Jackson Virgo

I'm good killing both this and Alice. If both flip town then yea I'll try to hard effort cause I assume I'll be the next night kill after you, Andres
I prefer they, thanks :)
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Andresvmb »

This is my committed course of action:

If Jackson flips Town, I’ll shoot Alice.
If Jackson flips Scum, I’ll shoot Aaron.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”