Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #7050 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Taly »

Ggy deserves the lim
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7051 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:34 am

Post by Taly »

In post 7039, petapan wrote:
In post 7008, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 7007, Taly wrote: Oh darling, just you wait ;)
i mean

are you actually enjoying the interactions we're having at this point? If you are then keep on keeping on but otherwise I feel like we can drop the cheekiness and the emojis.

I'm just tired of the game at this point. no offense meant to Morning Tweet b/c I think the flavor and theme are amazing but everyone except Ydrasse and me feels like they're incensed and bitter in various different ways.
maybe incensed isn't the right word for it but some feeling of combining energized and outraged.
i'm doing fine tbh
Yeah exactly he knows how I'm so bad for town WIM that he just assumes so to posit himself before I case him
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7052 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:25 am

Post by Taly »

Wow I actually am a pretty aggressive player
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7053 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:28 am

Post by Taly »

kill me and then ggy

May thy blood drench the floors of
Morning Tweet's
theatre
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7054 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Taly »

*foaming, falls and slaps limbs on the ground*
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7055 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:34 am

Post by Taly »

I'm a good toucan who is quiet and docile
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7056 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:09 am

Post by petapan »

In post 7044, the worst wrote:does anyone have some juicy interactions with some flipped scum
yeah but unfortunately they're with your slot
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7057 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:13 am

Post by petapan »

i would describe my own interactions with the scum as "spicy" or perhaps "bitter"
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7058 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:15 am

Post by petapan »

i don't find reading games in endgame that hard, even if they're long

here's a big secret: you can skip all the posts by the people who died and flipped town, they don't matter anymore

the posts that matter are the ones from people that are alive and from the flipped scum

doing that speeds things up immensely
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7059 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:16 am

Post by petapan »

however, Page 151 is extremely toxic, and i don't recommend reading it, ever

definitely skip that one
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7060 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:27 am

Post by petapan »

anyway good morning

just padding my postcount at this point but heard this new order classic on the radio this morning and felt like posting it
free crypto
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7061 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7044, the worst wrote:ok ngl reading this game is very inaccessible, does anyone have some juicy interactions with some flipped scum or some crunchy high tension gamestates they can suggest I go read over?

this game is war & peace except worse because it doesnt gave a cliffnotes page I can cram in a couple of hours
For the discerning reader, might I suggest: my iso
Full of 2-3 sentence posts and a svelte 121 posts long, you can find a perspective that finds one scum out of the gate and pushes hard to put two flipped scum (skitter/Firebringer and Harley Quinn/Tamora's Angel) in a lifethreatening event together! Will leave you satisfied without the bloat of an iso that drags on for hundreds of posts with spamposts and ANGY arguments between other players! (Optionally comes with an appetizer of the Blue Deliberation PT and a Heaven PT dipping sauce)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7062 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 7051, Taly wrote:
In post 7039, petapan wrote:
In post 7008, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 7007, Taly wrote: Oh darling, just you wait ;)
i mean

are you actually enjoying the interactions we're having at this point? If you are then keep on keeping on but otherwise I feel like we can drop the cheekiness and the emojis.

I'm just tired of the game at this point. no offense meant to Morning Tweet b/c I think the flavor and theme are amazing but everyone except Ydrasse and me feels like they're incensed and bitter in various different ways.
maybe incensed isn't the right word for it but some feeling of combining energized and outraged.
i'm doing fine tbh
Yeah exactly he knows how I'm so bad for town WIM that he just assumes so to posit himself before I case him
don't really know what you mean by positing myself

I was disappointed by Gemerald's replace-out and the interactions that led to it and I'm trying to not be an ass to you when you said I was tilting you earlier. I am glad that it seems like you're feeling better about the game than I thought though! Your case on me seems like it'd be satisfying to post & get out there regardless of your alignment.
petapan wrote:
In post 6944, Gammagooey wrote:I could still be wrong about Taly being scum, I just still think they make much more sense as scum than anyone else in the game. Your idea of the scumteam seems to be that they went all-out in bussing Gemerald at the start,
let him bus basically everyone but skitter back immediately
and eventually bussing Fire at the end of the crossing.
also, dude, how do you think scumteams work? people generally don't ask for permission before writing every post unless they're extremely lacking in self-confidence. the "throw a bunch of shade at your buddies to distance when it looks like you're going down" maneuver is super common. if that's the route someone getting piled on early goes, their team can't do much about it.
When I'm scum I usually try to make plans to make myself/other scumbuddies look good in the long-run, something like "try to distance each other early/mid-day but end on town wagons", or "X is our scumbuddy and is probably getting elim'd today, if you think you can jump their wagon without looking scummy for it then do it". For Taly I can imagine some potential discussions with skitter in a scum PT about how they wanted to interact and who they were going to push and why. For Gemerald I have a harder time imagining what a skitter/Gemerald convo in the scum PT would look like aside from early game.
And yeah I doubt this is going to convince you of Gemerald's innocence but this is more posting my thoughts on the game at this point than trying to convince people to see things my way.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7063 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:54 am

Post by petapan »

i dunno like you don't need to case the person that's getting flipped any more lmao
free crypto
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7064 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

gawd sometimes i want to share my OPINIONS maaaaaaaan
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7065 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:05 am

Post by petapan »

to be clear, gamma emerald chose to bring the discussion where he did, on a page where i had been exclusively focused on analyzing other players.

i chose to stand my my ground and speak to my principles, and i do not regret doing so. he made a loaded accusation toward me that is absolutely untrue and a gross distortion of my play. the claim was that i prized winning over the feelings of others, when all i had done was (correctly) accuse a player of being scum and got vitriol and intensely manipulative statements directed back at me. i care greatly about the feelings of others in games. that is why i was so appalled by harley quinn's actions: i believe such play, while understandable from a perspective of playing to one's win condition, creates an absurdly unhealthy game environment for other players and should not be considered acceptable.

complaining about "the interactions" is to create a false equivalency that values "civility" over having any sort of principle, that frames me as an agitator simply for standing my ground when gamma emerald chose to frame me as the bad guy for standing against tactics i see as unethical
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7066 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:06 am

Post by petapan »

and if you don't wanna get hit with that, don't bring it up
free crypto
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7067 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Gammagooey »

yeah Gemerald was at fault for bringing it up in the first place, but I can see where he was coming from even if I don't agree with him

your responses being "come at me" and "i don't respect people who try to invoke their mental health as a defense against being scumread" are valid but also more hostile than it needed to be to get across that you felt HQ's behavior was absolutely unacceptable.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7068 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:34 am

Post by petapan »

In post 7062, Gammagooey wrote:When I'm scum I usually try to make plans to make myself/other scumbuddies look good in the long-run, something like "try to distance each other early/mid-day but end on town wagons", or "X is our scumbuddy and is probably getting elim'd today, if you think you can jump their wagon without looking scummy for it then do it". For Taly I can imagine some potential discussions with skitter in a scum PT about how they wanted to interact and who they were going to push and why. For Gemerald I have a harder time imagining what a skitter/Gemerald convo in the scum PT would look like aside from early game.
And yeah I doubt this is going to convince you of Gemerald's innocence but this is more posting my thoughts on the game at this point than trying to convince people to see things my way.
i'm not really saying the narrative for taly is impossible although there's enough little things that make me doubt it. but it's not worth quibbling over, because like i said, the flip is predetermined now. we'll see who's right.

on day 1 in particular i think things tend to be chaotic: the relationships between players in the game are not yet established and everyone is sort of jockeying for positioning. there's never really a
plan
on day 1, you have to see how things shake out and kind of play it by ear. if a teammate catches heat early, you have to make the difficult call of whether to bus or hold off and hope they can shake off the pressure. getting caught on the wrong side of history can be potentially fatal, but panic-bussing can often put you in a hole that is too hard to dig out of, as i experienced firsthand in mini normal 2224.

this is sort of relevant moreso to how i'm reading your slot vs. GE's slot, anyway

i don't really think the post Event 1 narrative is that hard to understand, either, but i don't know how much i want to get into that right now. maybe after i write the skitter post.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7069 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:36 am

Post by petapan »

to be clear, the "come at me" was because i had interpreted that post as an attempted pivot toward calling me scum.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7070 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:42 am

Post by petapan »

i don't really have a desire for extended civility discourse either, and would prefer to keep discussions germane to the task of solving the game, but i do feel the need to stand my ground when an accusation is levied at me.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7071 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:00 am

Post by petapan »

well, either relevant to solving the game or something purely off topic to pass the days while we wait for the deadline to tick down, like music/movies/tv shows/games/books. i'm perfectly okay with idle chatter right now.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7072 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:17 am

Post by petapan »

the evolution of skitter's scumgame is funny

it's like

i suck at this i'm never going to be any good -> get a big win unexpectedly -> i guess i just got lucky -> keep winning games -> win dc -> win even more -> oh shit i might actually be good at this

which is almost exactly the exact same path i took, coincidentally

except i forgot how to play and was terrible and retired for 5 years prior to the last steps. but, small differences.

her big wins are better than mine tho, i just like beating up on bad towns
free crypto
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7073 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Taly »

I stand by my flip being unjustified and I'm only accepting it because I townread Ydra and don't want to hurt Peta's method of solving with confidence in elo by imposing my desires on him. I'm mad to realize that vying for safety hurts my credibility but if a townflip is what absolved my slot, I'm not fighting against it anymore.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7074 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:32 am

Post by petapan »

the game's mechanics are unfair

although i feel like in a regular 5p you'd have ended up as the unhappy compromise or something
free crypto

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”