Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1069, Fun and Games wrote:
In post 1050, SirCakez wrote:I think Gamma's response to the wagon was town
in what way?

~ skitter
don't think they confront it like they did in this game as scum
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1073, Gamma Emerald wrote:what would u suggest for the future?
maybe 'agenda-ness' or something idk

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1074, SirCakez wrote:maybe manipulative isn't the right word but I don't know what is
like I feel like you're trying to keep the game going a certain way?
in that post it's like you're having this discussion with Ico but obviously you're not taking anything from it because you're signaling that you're gonna end up on him anyways so it all seems kinda faked
thanks
i mean i did start off being suspicious of him to begin with, and me and pooky had discussed while he was gone that if he didn't like wow us with overwhelming towniness when he came back we wanted to vote there, yeah

~ skitter
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

F&G, are all skitter posts signed by skitter and all non-signed posts by pooky?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

i've signed nearly all of mine, but i forgot a couple of times - if you have questions feel free to quote and i'll tell you who wrote it
pooky hasn't been signing at all

~ skitter
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Just curious. You seem to be doing a lot of the posting and I was wondering if that was intentional or how you two are deciding who is posting what
YOUR AD HERE

Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

no, we're both kinda just posting whatever we want to

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

we mostly talk about the game on discord and skitter posts more because she is much more eloquent (and way smarter)

:3
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Sircakez I can see where skitter sounds confident and I can even see where that can be associated with scum because you don't second guess reads that you already know. But I think it's more likely skitter is just a strong player. You can see the same confidence from multiple players in this game. So while I can follow that logic I don't agree. What I'm still confused on is where you say she was manipulative on page 37

Preview edit: Oh ok. I see the answer to the above. Hmm. I don't know, I feel like that's a pretty normal way to interact with someone you're already scumreading.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

Also i want to point out that dunn is still doing like nothing

~ skitter
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1084, Fun and Games wrote:Also i want to point out that dunn is still doing like nothing

~ skitter
YOUR AD HERE

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:02 pm

This thread goes so quiet at night...

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Enchant »

It's actually day for me.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Europe?

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05 pm

Post by Enchant »

No.
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:42 am

Post by Fun and Games »

@ss can we get a vc plz?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 950, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.7
Iconeum (4)- Sleepless Assassin, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald, Datisi
Dunnstral (2)- VP Baltar, Iconeum,
Gamma Emerald (2)- Almost50, Bingle
F+G (1)- SirCakez
Not_Mafia (1)- Not_Mafia
Sleepless Assassin (1)- Enchant
PenguinPower (1)- Fun and Games

Not voting (1)- Dunnstral

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-11-23 23:00:00)

Mod notes: it hailed today. quite a lot. upstate NY weather is weird
Dats voted ico, cakez voted you
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Bingle »

Actually skitter, why
aren’t
you voting ico?
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:09 am

Post by Fun and Games »

Have been dwelling on your point r.e. wagon composition and trying to decide how much gamma and penguin's votes are bothering me.

We're landing on wanting to vote there anyways

VOTE: ico

Plz note that this is e2, and nm-1

~ skitter
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Bingle »

@Gamma: reading A50 is an art form. I could potentially write pages about how I go about doing so. When I have a lockdown on him (which I’m not quite at, but we’re getting close) you’d be better served trying to eliminate me than him, such is my accuracy. I cannot always lock town town him or figure out scum him, but when I’m sure you can take it to the bank.

Tl;dr I know him well enough to be able to distinguish the difference between his genuine tinfoils and his fake ones, as well as read into the intent of his 5D chess gambles. There is a slight chance he’s trying to manipulate me specifically here, but doing so this early when it’s not at all guaranteed I actually catch scum him is asking for trouble.

As far as what he’s actually doing? He’s dropping specific tells that make him look like he’s a pr in a way that is likely to draw pr and scum attention. When confronted with tacit protection from me he’s ducking the thread in a way that would make most people reconsider their townread on him, but which is further likely to draw unwanted from scum attention from PRs. He explicitly does not care about that, and that’s plus town specifically in his case. Note: I don’t think this makes him a PR, necessarily, as A50 loves playing the wifom game with intentionally dropped or tells, and with me in the game he expects me to take his wifom game and make it explicit to further thicken the smokescreen he’s putting in front of the other town prs.

Also, his gotcha moment on you followed by sitting back and looking to see what happened is pretty bog standard for a town A50 looking to leverage one solid read into more solid reads.

VP on the other hand has just been playing a very solid game. I can see his reasoning in most cases, and everything he does pings as trying to drive forward a game state with high readability. He’s not afraid of stepping on toes, making unpopular stances, or being seen as going after lhf. His one weird thought moment was accusing you of being less engaging with the thread, but he didn’t do so in a way that put any pressure on you while he did try to pressure Dunn with it and your response to it pretty much confirmed to me it wasn’t him trying to throw weak shade at a partner for distance.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1077, Fun and Games wrote:
In post 1074, SirCakez wrote:maybe manipulative isn't the right word but I don't know what is
like I feel like you're trying to keep the game going a certain way?
in that post it's like you're having this discussion with Ico but obviously you're not taking anything from it because you're signaling that you're gonna end up on him anyways so it all seems kinda faked
thanks
i mean i did start off being suspicious of him to begin with, and me and pooky had discussed while he was gone that if he didn't like wow us with overwhelming towniness when he came back we wanted to vote there, yeah

~ skitter
okay well I just want to see where you guys go next
In post 1083, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Sircakez I can see where skitter sounds confident and I can even see where that can be associated with scum because you don't second guess reads that you already know. But I think it's more likely skitter is just a strong player. You can see the same confidence from multiple players in this game. So while I can follow that logic I don't agree. What I'm still confused on is where you say she was manipulative on page 37

Preview edit: Oh ok. I see the answer to the above. Hmm. I don't know, I feel like that's a pretty normal way to interact with someone you're already scumreading.
Skitter is definitely a strong player - I'm just paranoid here because they are good at snowing me and when they are town I feel I get a certain vibe from their play that I am not getting here.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1094, Bingle wrote:@Gamma: reading A50 is an art form. I could potentially write pages about how I go about doing so. When I have a lockdown on him (which I’m not quite at, but we’re getting close) you’d be better served trying to eliminate me than him, such is my accuracy. I cannot always lock town town him or figure out scum him, but when I’m sure you can take it to the bank.

Tl;dr I know him well enough to be able to distinguish the difference between his genuine tinfoils and his fake ones, as well as read into the intent of his 5D chess gambles. There is a slight chance he’s trying to manipulate me specifically here, but doing so this early when it’s not at all guaranteed I actually catch scum him is asking for trouble.

As far as what he’s actually doing? He’s dropping specific tells that make him look like he’s a pr in a way that is likely to draw pr and scum attention. When confronted with tacit protection from me he’s ducking the thread in a way that would make most people reconsider their townread on him, but which is further likely to draw unwanted from scum attention from PRs. He explicitly does not care about that, and that’s plus town specifically in his case. Note: I don’t think this makes him a PR, necessarily, as A50 loves playing the wifom game with intentionally dropped or tells, and with me in the game he expects me to take his wifom game and make it explicit to further thicken the smokescreen he’s putting in front of the other town prs.

Also, his gotcha moment on you followed by sitting back and looking to see what happened is pretty bog standard for a town A50 looking to leverage one solid read into more solid reads.

VP on the other hand has just been playing a very solid game. I can see his reasoning in most cases, and everything he does pings as trying to drive forward a game state with high readability. He’s not afraid of stepping on toes, making unpopular stances, or being seen as going after lhf. His one weird thought moment was accusing you of being less engaging with the thread, but he didn’t do so in a way that put any pressure on you while he did try to pressure Dunn with it and your response to it pretty much confirmed to me it wasn’t him trying to throw weak shade at a partner for distance.
I am not this good at reading A50 but I agree with the general sentiments on both VP and him
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:25 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1067, Fun and Games wrote:also how is 919 manipulative ...
It pinged me as being super obvious telegraphing your next step. Town doesn’t need to setup the expectation that they’ll do something, but it can be helpful as hell for scum to point back at.

I’m trying not to default to scumreading the little things from you given VPs point that I might be being less charitable than I should be irt your motivations though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

δ
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:46 am

Post by Something_Smart »

ε
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”