he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think Gamma's response to the wagon was town
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Enchant »

What is LHF
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1049, SirCakez wrote:right now my scum pool would be like (F&G, Dats, Dunn, A50)
maybe Enchant but I don't want to fuck with the LHF right now
I'm going to reread that page 37 you reference. Is there something specific there you think is manipulative from F&G?

Also, what's your thought on Sleepless?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1051, Enchant wrote:What is LHF
low hanging fruit
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Enchant »

Sorry not planning to be hanged.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1051, Enchant wrote:What is LHF
Latvian Hockey Federation
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Iconeum wrote: A50 prob town, really reading like his previous game recently
Can you give a link and quick summary of what you find similar?

Note to self: Iconeum forgot Penguin in his reads list.
VP wrote: Curious why you felt we needed a new wagon here, and why you were asking for support rather than just making a case and trying to start one yourself?
If I remember right we had one wagon and no competing wagon so it felt like a good time for a new one. I had already been trying to get people to vote Iconeum at that point.
VP wrote:Coming back here, this stinks to high heaven to me. 1) There is no real explanation why Dunn is a bad wagon, just a desire to deflate the wagon. 2) SA was trying to feel out an Ico wagon in his previous post, but when no one bites he jumps on Gamma, where the momentum was starting to shift at this point. Very high Dunn-SA partner equity, which improving forecasts perhaps for Gamma.
If you don't agree with my take on Dunns exchange with Fun And Games then unfortunately you'd be right I don't have a reason to town read him because that's the most telling thing I've seen from Dunn aside from his comment that you called a soft claim. But let me clarify that it's not the wagon composition that I didn't like, it's my specific read on Dunn. I think he's townier than Gamma. So I preferred Gamma.
me wrote: But I'm not really scumreading Gamma either.

Vote Iconeum
VP wrote: lol wut dafuq? (emphasis mine)
Is it unreasonable to believe Bingle that Gamma is going through RL things? Or is it unreasonable to believe RL can lead to apathy just as much as Gammas alignment could?
VP wrote: Wow, just ISOed Sleepless Assassin .... dude had an RVS-level vote on Ico out there until he determined the Dunn wagon was "bad" and he voted for Gamma.

>>insert Twitter red flag meme here<<
Interesting take. I didn't place an RVS vote in this game.
Fun and Games wrote: I'm not really sure what to do with the fact that like all of dunn/gamma/ico are pushing each other
If Dunn and Gamma are town and Ico is scum this would make sense.
VP wrote: I will say someone mentioned Gamma has some IRL shit going on, so I am taking that into consideration in reviewing my own read there.
This is funny after you questioned me for reevaluating my own Gamma read for the exact same reason.

Hitting submit before finishing because my phone is acting up
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Actually I'm gonna finish later. With the kids screaming and yelling and wife talking to me it's taking like 20 minutes to read a post so I'm getting frustrated with it

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm

In post 1037, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: fun and games
based on page 37
they feel super manipulative
My eyes about popped out of my head in shock. I don't think you've mentioned this slot except to ask why they town read you. Can you go into more detail? I have a hard time seeing "manipulative" In skitter looking at Iconeums reads and not being able to make sense of them.
Almost50 wrote: also I have scum pings from A50
nothing in particular I can point to but I'm not feeling it with him? I don't know how to describe it
Same tbh. It just feels like he's trying to get us to think or feel a certain way about his and there's some kind of hidden motivation for it but I don't know what or why. There are town reasons to do that and Almost50 would probably be the type to do those things so it's hard to pinpoint it without knowing what he's trying to do specifically.

Ok now I'm caught up lol

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Datisi »

guess who just finished with a paper that's due tomorrow and that i only started a few hours ago because i'm a fucking idiot?
In post 1030, SirCakez wrote:
In post 793, Datisi wrote:i just reread like 200 posts from an old game's iso and i am not finding what i thought i was gonna find and i am upsetti

gonna go out for a walk then have dinner then (a) keep doing pointless iso reading (b) make art (c) actually study???? we'll see
what did you want?
honestly I find this so weird - like you were digging for something to use for your PoV and it didn't work which is something I associate with scum
lol -- cakez, when did you decide you were gonna see every single thing i say as scummy? like, how the hell do you come to this conclusion. "you had a hypothesis, you went to look for evidence to support that hypothesis, you did not find said evidence... scum."

to answer your question, i wanted to see whether i was right on and being tonally scum-indicative. because i thought i had seen him use that tone before, but i couldn't remember it being *that* vile (threatening? idk words difficult) when he was town. so i read through a part of vp's iso from 2157, found 2-3 posts that were tonally similarish enough, but not quite. and since that is the only scumgame of vp's that i'd played in, and i didn't find it there, that then means that i'd probably seen it in a towngame. but verifying that would take even more time, which i haven't done because i'm not sure i currently care enough to do it. but yes i was obviously disappointed that i didn't find the evidence to support my theory. i dislike beign wrong. why is that scummy.
In post 1031, SirCakez wrote:I think Ico's page 36 is really town
i'mma need this properly explained.
In post 1038, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1027, Datisi wrote:it seems like penguin has done much less?
so has Not_Mafia, but we all know that's a lost cause. I can't remember playing with Penguin before, and I'm gathering from others that this is his D1 style. Am I interpreting that wrong?
i mean yes, but we both know n_m is n_m. and i was guessing you didn't have experience with penguin's meta. which is what i'm talking about, if at the time you didn't know he just ~acts like this~, why didn't you put him into that group? (here i'd have to go back to check whether anyone mentioned his meta by that point, but am lazy)
In post 1041, VP Baltar wrote:so I can see that as an effective EFFORT strategy as scum.
thank you -- not saying i wouldn't do it as scum, just saying it's not on the top of the "ez things to do to score them townpoints" list for scum!me.
In post 1045, VP Baltar wrote:Just trying to think through your thought process in making the same accusation twice. What I'm saying is that it's either a solid accusation or not in your mind. It seems like perhaps it is less "AH HA!" than you made it out to be originally (which is fine, I get a little hyperbole when you're attacking someone to apply pressure.)
my thought process is so fucking solid that i didn't even realize that it was the same accusation until you pointed it out. but my thoughts still stand, someone who is generally paranoid of me suddenly not showing paranoia of me is suspicious. it can come from town, sure, but it's a starting point. i never meant that someone is lockscum for it. (also something something i am somewhat decent at making reads based on how people are reading me so i like to do that also self meta bad etc.)

i hate a lot of what cakez is saying but it still doesn't strike me as scummy

ok, off to get 4 and a half hours of sleep, see ya
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1052, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1049, SirCakez wrote:right now my scum pool would be like (F&G, Dats, Dunn, A50)
maybe Enchant but I don't want to fuck with the LHF right now
I'm going to reread that page 37 you reference. Is there something specific there you think is manipulative from F&G?

Also, what's your thought on Sleepless?
I didn't like the Ico interactions again; looking at stuff like
In post 919, Fun and Games wrote:I want to see a vc but probably voting ico

~ skitter
I haven't focused on Sleepless enough to give a good read on them; I don't have experience with them so I'm treading carefully
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1056, Sleepless Assassin wrote:it's my specific read on Dunn. I think he's townier than Gamma. So I preferred Gamma.
I don't see how anyone could think Dunn is townier than Gamma
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1058, Sleepless Assassin wrote:My eyes about popped out of my head in shock. I don't think you've mentioned this slot except to ask why they town read you. Can you go into more detail? I have a hard time seeing "manipulative" In skitter looking at Iconeums reads and not being able to make sense of them.
I definitely mentioned finding them sketchy earlier
Skitter does not feel town to me. She feels too confident and I don't like how she's interacting with other people; it feels like it's not in good faith.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1062, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1058, Sleepless Assassin wrote:My eyes about popped out of my head in shock. I don't think you've mentioned this slot except to ask why they town read you. Can you go into more detail? I have a hard time seeing "manipulative" In skitter looking at Iconeums reads and not being able to make sense of them.
Skitter does not feel town to me. She feels too confident and I don't like how she's interacting with other people; it feels like it's not in good faith.
ok I didn't make it explicit but things have definitely been pinging me on F&G for a hot sec
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1059, Datisi wrote:lol -- cakez, when did you decide you were gonna see every single thing i say as scummy? like, how the hell do you come to this conclusion. "you had a hypothesis, you went to look for evidence to support that hypothesis, you did not find said evidence... scum."

to answer your question, i wanted to see whether i was right on 483 and 489 being tonally scum-indicative. because i thought i had seen him use that tone before, but i couldn't remember it being *that* vile (threatening? idk words difficult) when he was town. so i read through a part of vp's iso from 2157, found 2-3 posts that were tonally similarish enough, but not quite. and since that is the only scumgame of vp's that i'd played in, and i didn't find it there, that then means that i'd probably seen it in a towngame. but verifying that would take even more time, which i haven't done because i'm not sure i currently care enough to do it. but yes i was obviously disappointed that i didn't find the evidence to support my theory. i dislike beign wrong. why is that scummy.
because I do that all the time as scum lol
if I have a certain townie I want mislimmed I'll go dig for meta that I can use against them. But sometimes I don't find it and it annoys me but I don't post about it like you did.
and your explanation of your theory makes sense so disregard this anyways.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by SirCakez »

For examples, I like the tone in these posts for town
In post 876, Iconeum wrote:
In post 557, Fun and Games wrote:cuz reading his catchup it reminded me of that time ico/me were scum together in kids with lungs and the dude would basically lurk and then "catchup" in "bursts" where he would post like 20 times in a row and not actually interact with the thread in any way.
yeah please metadive and tell us what you find

i'm not gonna explain my personal life ITT
In post 879, Iconeum wrote:i have a tinfoil theory that involves Fun and Games, Datisi and myself… i'm probably getting heat for this but i don't really care lol

Fun and Games' scumread on me feels really weak. They are pushing Datisi as associative with me because they know i'm yeetbait and the *one* thing standing in their way for easy achievement of that is Datisi townreading me

So this could literally be scum!Fun and Games (damn that name, i tried abreviating that) pushing town!tisi into some sort of corner with regards to my slot, trying to 1) make sure there's no town!tisi defending me and 2) stopping potential town cohesion from forming
In post 882, Iconeum wrote:Datisi's case on VP, I think Dats is genuinely believing what he's seeing here...
town!tisi? oh man if my gut on Fun and Games is right i'm gonna be so happy :lol: i don't think i've ever caught scum!skit, let alone scum!pooky
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1028, Datisi wrote:@skitt, i guess i should've properly framed this as a question, basically to elaborate on that claim

and, besides the ico stuff, you're townreading my thought process and activity and all that stuff without really questioning me much on it, which i found weird.
i mean vp was busy irl for a few days but other than that he's been active, and his posting is good, and exhibits a townie thought process imo

and for you, outside of ico you've been more 'pushy' than i think of you as scum

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

based on page 37
uh ok, i'd love to hear more about this
i wouldn't exactly call a lot of reads confident, i don't know what you mean by 'you dont like how i'm interacting with other people' or that i'm not acting in good faith

also how is manipulative ...

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1042, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1030, SirCakez wrote:why are you so confident on me?
I don’t really sense manipulation from you
i mean is he usually manipulative as scum? that's not really something i'd associate with his scumgame ...

i'm feeling worse and worse about gamma tbh

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1050, SirCakez wrote:I think Gamma's response to the wagon was town
in what way?

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

part of me thinks that ico/gamma can be aligned ... ico has been steering away from gamma and trying to direct to dunn

~ skitter
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1068, Fun and Games wrote:
In post 1042, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1030, SirCakez wrote:why are you so confident on me?
I don’t really sense manipulation from you
i mean is he usually manipulative as scum? that's not really something i'd associate with his scumgame ...

i'm feeling worse and worse about gamma tbh

~ skitter
there's a certain thing I can pick up in the way he posts as scum
I don't feel like I'm seeing it anywhere this game
ik it's rlly vague but I can't recall being wrong abt it yet (this way of reading him started after C9++ to be clear)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

eh fair enuf, i know what you mean about how to read him as compared to c9++

manipulative is definitely the wrong word tho
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what would u suggest for the future?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1067, Fun and Games wrote:
based on page 37
uh ok, i'd love to hear more about this
i wouldn't exactly call a lot of reads confident, i don't know what you mean by 'you dont like how i'm interacting with other people' or that i'm not acting in good faith

also how is manipulative ...

~ skitter
maybe manipulative isn't the right word but I don't know what is
like I feel like you're trying to keep the game going a certain way?
in that post it's like you're having this discussion with Ico but obviously you're not taking anything from it because you're signaling that you're gonna end up on him anyways so it all seems kinda faked
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Open Games”