Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop (game over)

Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Cream147 »

Xtoxm wrote:Cream, what do you think of my case on K7?
Well it's not much of a case is it. It's just a lurker-vote. I do, as I said earlier, believe in pressurising lurkers. However, I'm not going to put my vote there yet, because this game seems full of lurkers (at the moment, I am one of them, I hope to change that).

Now, people want some opinions off me because I've apparently avoided putting forward views on anything. Let's talk Slicey wagon.

I personally don't think the case on Slicey was great. On a reread, I think it looked like a wagon out of a necessity of a wagon rather than a wagon where everyone was convinced of the reasoning behind it.

Mod edit
Votecount:
Surye (4): springlullaby, Riceballtail, Muerrto, Wall-E
Cream147 (4): Empking, BlakAdder, armlx, Surye
Jebus (2): farside22, Shanba
killa seven (1): Xtoxm

Not voting (11): Megatheory, Azuma, RestFermata, Gremwell, Alabaska J, Cream147, Jebus, Slepz, killa seven, Zazier, al4xz

With 22 alive it's 12 to lynch.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Wall-E »

Empking wrote:Wall-E; Are you serious? If yes, why didn't you unvote?
Because I was rushed by things in RL.
Unvote

Armlx: I can't remember what specifically or even generally it was. Something about the initial readthrough struck me as motivated, like he had an agenda other than hunting scum. I was probably misreading or biased at the time, and as I said when I voted, it was a weak vote.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Muerrto »

I can see Wall distancing Surye, definitely. His vote and unvote were strange indeed, as was their conversation.

More after the weekend.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by killa seven »

Got prodded, im heading to the club in 10 mins so ill respond to x's case later.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

vote: Xtoxm
for the lazy lurker vote
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by armlx »

Now, people want some opinions off me because I've apparently avoided putting forward views on anything. Let's talk Slicey wagon.

I personally don't think the case on Slicey was great. On a reread, I think it looked like a wagon out of a necessity of a wagon rather than a wagon where everyone was convinced of the reasoning behind it.
Congrats. You managed to pull both of the standard "I disagreed with said past mislynch" and "Not saying anything" ploys in one post.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I actually agree with the quote, Armlx. We DID lynch Slicey because nothing better was happening. The scum are playing things cool, so we've got to turn up the heat.

Vote: Armlx

For voting for Slicey.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by armlx »

Why me over the other people who did?

And usually a lynch is done because there are no better options for a lynch.....

If you want to argue people didn't agree with the reasons behind it, lets have a full count.

Who voting Slicey did not feel he was scummy?
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Cream147 »

armlx wrote:And usually a lynch is done because there are no better options for a lynch.....
But what I was trying to get at is that I don't think many of the wagoners truly believed from the bottom of their hearts that Slicey was scum.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:15 am

Post by al4xz »

Now that I rethink things, Armix, here's my way of saying it:

A criminal pulls off a bunch of small-time acts and gets arrested. The public overreacts and practically mobs him. The judge, influenced, did not truly allow him to give a case. None of the public realized that the acts the criminal were not very serious. The criminal surrendered without struggle, and he was executed on the spot.

That's my comparison now that I rethink the Slicey wagon.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Jebus »

al4xz wrote:Now that I rethink things, Armix, here's my way of saying it:

A criminal pulls off a bunch of small-time acts and gets arrested. The public overreacts and practically mobs him. The judge, influenced, did not truly allow him to give a case. None of the public realized that the acts the criminal were not very serious. The criminal surrendered without struggle, and he was executed on the spot.

That's my comparison now that I rethink the Slicey wagon.
QFT

And
Vote: Wall-E

I'm a little inclined to agree with turning up the heat, though I don't think armlx is the best target for that.

(this is also in agreement with Muerrto post 977.)
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by killa seven »

Xtoxm wrote:There are too many people absent from this game, and I don't feel like attacking anyone who's active right now.

Vote K7
the point is to hunt scum, the whole not wanting to attack active people is dumb, if they look scummy you should go after them, this seems like a lazy ass vote to me.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

They don't.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by al4xz »

killa seven wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:There are too many people absent from this game, and I don't feel like attacking anyone who's active right now.

Vote K7
the point is to hunt scum, the whole not wanting to attack active people is dumb, if they look scummy you should go after them, this seems like a lazy ass vote to me.
There's no need to act so offensive. Besides, where the hell are you contributing to the game?
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

killa seven wrote:

Vote K7
Fine talk coming from a chronic lurker. Besides that, this just seems like an OMGUS without the vote.
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by al4xz »

So THAT'S how you use/classify something as OMGUS...
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by killa seven »

BlakAdder wrote:
killa seven wrote:

Vote K7
Fine talk coming from a chronic lurker. Besides that, this just seems like an OMGUS without the vote.
It's not omgus, me and x go threw this alot, when he cant make a case on someone he votes me and calls it lurker vote, x has never played with me as scum, in fact we have been lovers in another game and we night talked and knows exactly how i play.

But tell me him saying "i dont want to vote for someone active" doesnt sound like i dont feel like making a case but im tryna look active.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Post by Empking »

I do think that was quite a lazy vote from Xtoxm.

Plus I think we're near to deadline.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Empking wrote:I do think that was quite a lazy vote from Xtoxm.

Plus I think we're near to deadline.
That may have been a 'lazy' vote from xtoxm but I don't like K7's reaction to it. Killa, no matter what you may say, the lurking that you have maintained throughout this whole game is in my opinion, not acceptable. I know I've lurked in the middle, but at least I was active at the beginning and I'm more active now. You've lurked the whole game, and then when someone calls you out on it, you call it a 'lazy' vote. This is why I hate lurkers. In this way, lurkers always survive because they don't get much attention, and when they do, they just say there 'must be better cases' (nearly always on active people). And so the active players get lynched. Lurkers just sit there and do nothing.

This is why I believe in voting lurkers to pressurise them. (Glad to have got that out of my system)
[u]Apologies[/u]
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:31 am

Post by BlakAdder »

killa seven wrote:
BlakAdder wrote:
killa seven wrote:

Vote K7
It's not omgus, me and x go threw this alot, when he cant make a case on someone he votes me and calls it lurker vote, x has never played with me as scum, in fact we have been lovers in another game and we night talked and knows exactly how i play.

But tell me him saying "i dont want to vote for someone active" doesnt sound like i dont feel like making a case but im tryna look active.
Okay, this makes since.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

killa seven wrote:
BlakAdder wrote:
killa seven wrote:

Vote K7

That may be true.

And yes, i'm well aware of your playstyle and I explicity stated it's not a scumtell.

However, if i'm not seeing scum in the active players (as such) it increases the likelihood of a lurker being scum.

And it pisses me off that you always lurk to endgame and i'm lynched D1 half the time.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
al4xz
al4xz
Goon
al4xz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:15 am

Post by al4xz »

The damned hell? Get the hell out!
Mod: deleted above post. it was spam by someone not in this game

Nice reasoning, Xtomx. I would say that that is good reasoning, the first of good reasoning I got from you =.=.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:01 am

Post by armlx »

Xtoxm, again. Why K7 over the other lurkers.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm not repeating myself just because you can't be bothered to read the thread.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Empking »

armlx wrote:Xtoxm, again. Why K7 over the other lurkers.
He said it was because he (xtoxm) was alsways lynched before K7.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”