Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As of end of page 3, I'd have to say I'm not liking King Enigma's reactions to the people voting him. Oddly enough however, his attackers feel weird as well, specifically Elmo. Her attack feels lackluster and attempting to push a lynch for the wrong reasons. KE's reactions however are very...over defensive for such a minor offense. Then again, I get like that myself. Continuing my read, currently finding Elmo and KE noteworthy.

End of Page 4. Tar, I honestly think you call IIoA too quickly. However, I do agree that not taking a stance is incredibly scummy, even this early. You can at least have suspicions, even if you aren't voting. KE also loses more points for some convoluted WIFOM about how he is town and voting town makes you suspect. LOL WUT? Honestly, at this point I'd vote him, also for sidestepping tar's question. Timeater also sidestepped Tar's question by attacking the way Tar was attacking him. They both are worthy of FoS'.

FoS Timeater

FoS KingEnigma

Also

I don't know about this. I really doubt that anyone would be dumb enough to defend their scumbuddy so early in the game.
Too scummy is rarely a true tell. Well, except in my case and a few other players on this site. Those players aren't playing far as I can tell, so you really can't use too scummy to clear someone.

Honestly Tim, fark is right. Tar asked YOU, not everyone. To be fair, he SHOULD have asked everyone though.

Anyway I guess I better get down to the dirty business of attacking Farkshinsoup and defending myself!
We call this OMGUS unless you have a good case, but let me finish this post...and the rest of the post is basically deflection. Tim, you are higher than KE now on scumminess.

KE, use names. Don't describe people by actions. I can also argue against two out of your three points of what makes someone suspect.

KE, your Tim case sucks. Write a real one. You are catching up to Tim now for scumminess. Oh, Elmo hasn't said much more objectionable since page 3, so I'm not as worried about her.

Fark, don't evade. You just accused Tim of this. Don't be a hypocrite, even if it was deflection. You have nothing to hide as town, so go with it. And then address concerns. A few notches up on scumminess here.

Tim, post 116. IIRC, you still haven't answered the questions yourself. Quit the hypocrisy.

IAUN gets townie points. Good pointing out of the hypocrisy.

Post 120. Null at best, possibly slightly scummy, but I end up getting people in dilemmas with this. Essentially, you conformed to look townie by answering without providing reasoning for either your initial obstinance or your switch besides someone asked. No townie points here.
Whats this mean, you basically will follow votes and join a wagon if the critical suspicion mass on KE reaches its teetering point? I dont like that. Please clarify if thats not what you meant. Also, I dont see how this information, as you claim, is disingenuous. Can you point out how I am not being sincere here? [/qote]

Strawman. It's obvious he means he's still thinking about it, not that he's waiting for bandwagon. More scum points for you Tim.
Anyway, on another note - I'm witholding my vote until I hear from more people, especially Tar. And why does it feel like Fark and I are the only ones talking?
Once again afraid of a stance? If you suspect someone, vote. Not voting won't summon people to talk.

MacCavity: I might have missed it. Where is this tim/Elmo link that Fark is pushing?

Elmo, maybe I'm biased since you voted my predecessor, but there is a LOT of fodder for scumhunting. Why the lurker vote? At least read.

Tim. I agree with your vote. I disagree with your reasons and preface. You are jumping for the anyone but you lynch. And not backing up your votes very well. Slight scum tell.

KE: The repetition of x vs. x makes me feel that's a null tell for fark. I'd prefer to have a better meta read on him for that however.

Tim: This is weird. I thought you were going to push him hard. But what's more puzzling is that his response wasn't that elucidating. I would either think possible bus attempt. Especially given the weak reason for revoting Fark before he's even posted anything else after you "LEt him off for good behavior"

Very good PBPA by Tar. I agree with it.

Tim: why is it weak and contrived? Counter PBPA him. We aren't going to take your word for it. Furthermore, why do you have to be asked? Even if they are time consuming they are a part of mafia. Do it on your own or it looks like you are trying to look townie.

Iam: Precisely my thoughts, actually. Tim/KE is a very plausible pair given that interaction. Also, I know you asked Tar, but personally, your play is different than it was in that ongoing where you were scum. You aren't leading anyone, you are actaully asking balanced questions to scum hunt.

In the end, my suspects are:

Vote Timeater

FoS KingEnigma

And...least certain but still suspect,
IGMEOY: Fark

Sorry about the wall of text, I needed to organize my thoughts.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Awesome Pants
KingEnigma (1)
- MacavityLock
Timeater (2)
- Farkshinsoup, Tarhalindur
Farkshinsoup (4)
- forbiddanlight, Rishi, KingEnigma, Timeater
forbiddanlight (1)
- Elmo
Grimmy (1)
- iamausername

Not voting (1) - Grimmy

Seven
votes to lynch.
Last edited by destructor on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

forbiddanlight wrote:MacCavity: I might have missed it. Where is this tim/Elmo link that Fark is pushing?
I saw a few. Examples:
Farkshinsoup wrote:Could it be that you, the admitted Elmo fanboy, are convinced I'm scum because I dared to challenge Elmo in the first place? Or is there another reason?
Farkshinsoup wrote:That crappy post, coupled with your strange veneration of Elmo (as if you have some inside knowledge that he is town) and your earlier evasiveness, is enough for me to
Vote:Timeater
He later clarified some of those comments, but I still think that effort to link them was there.

As a side note, I don't have a ton of time right now, so my posts will probably be short-ish.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Farkshinsoup wrote:
Awesome Pants wrote:I'm here, but not really feelin' it. Day one discussion is boring. :P
Sorry, not good enough. I asked you some questions, please answer them:
Fark wrote: Awesome Pants, we need to hear more from you. What is your read on me? On Timeater? Who's your top scum?
Truth be told, I usually don't really find people that suspicious (or town for that matter) on day one. I much prefer the later 'logic puzzle' days.

What would you think of me if I found you town? Scum? Why did you ask what I thought of Timeater?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

He later clarified some of those comments, but I still think that effort to link them was there.

As a side note, I don't have a ton of time right now, so my posts will probably be short-ish.
Slight notch up on scumminess for fark. That's a very good point against him. His links feel rather contrived and I'm kicking myself for not seeing it in the first place.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by iamausername »

Elmo wrote:Hey, Iam. I'm thinking maybe no lynch. You follow?
I don't think there are many situations where this would be a good idea on D1, and I have no reason to believe that this game is one of them.

I'd much rather
Unvote, Vote: Timeater
. That is definitely a cool wagon for attractive people.
iamausername wrote:
Awesome Pants wrote:iamausername, should I remove my vote on you?
Probably, yeah. It's not really doing much, is it?

I mean, if you have reason to believe I'm more likely scum than anyone else (or some other justification for keeping a vote on me at this point) then I'd like to hear it, but otherwise, I'm sure there are better things you could be doing with it.
Awesome Pants, any followup questions/comments/suggestions?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote

Vote: Timeater
watch for the eggshells
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Pardon me, I should probably do this now. Part 1:

Unvote, Vote: KingEnigma
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Part 2:
Unvote, Vote: Timeater

There. What's done is done.

Also - forbiddanlight (yay, you are in a game with me!), pardon my playing Captain Obvious here, but I am under the impression that unvoting is a useful thing.
User out of ambit.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Timeater wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Timeater
Why? Why do people do this? How does it help? Ever?
FoIrrationality: Timeater

Given what I've seen in other games I've read, I think it makes good sense to officially request a claim from any self-voter. How do people feel about this?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Timeater »

Unvote

Vote: Tarhalindur

Lol@Tarhalindur fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book

Haven't been able to post recently, will post tomorrow.
watch for the eggshells
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Timeater wrote:
Unvote

Haven't been able to post recently, will post tomorrow.
1) I fail to see how I "fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book", especially since you have failed to explain.

2) I seem to recall that you have a lot of outstanding questions to answer.
User out of ambit.

KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

I am so lost.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

iamausername wrote:
iamausername wrote:Probably, yeah. It's not really doing much, is it?

I mean, if you have reason to believe I'm more likely scum than anyone else (or some other justification for keeping a vote on me at this point) then I'd like to hear it, but otherwise, I'm sure there are better things you could be doing with it.
Awesome Pants, any followup questions/comments/suggestions?
What would you suggest I do with it? Do you care if I leave it on you rather than take it off and don't put it on anyone?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Awesome Pants
KingEnigma (1)
- MacavityLock
Timeater (3)
- Farkshinsoup, iamausername, Tarhalindur
Farkshinsoup (3)
- forbiddanlight, Rishi, KingEnigma
forbiddanlight (1)
- Elmo
Tarhalindur (1)
- Timeater

Not voting (1) - Grimmy

Seven
votes to lynch.

Farkshinsoup has been prodded.

Also note that the
deadline
is about ten days away.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Sorry for not posting, I got distracted by a new gadget.
Awesome Pants wrote:What would you think of me if I found you town? Scum? Why did you ask what I thought of Timeater?
The point of me asking, and you answering, is to try to get you to take a stand on the two "bandwagon" players in this game. You haven't taken a stand on anyone or anything in this game so far, I haven't seen any scum hunting to speak of, and that's making it impossible to for me to get any kind of a read on you.

In other news, I've seen nothing to make me change my mind about Timeater. His recent actions have left me confused, to be honest. Awaiting an explanation.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Rishi »

KingEnigma wrote:I am so lost.
Don't worry. I think most of us are.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:06 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Timeater wrote:
Unvote

Yeah, you really need to explain this. Especially since Tar's vote was already on you before your little "trick."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also - forbiddanlight (yay, you are in a game with me!), pardon my playing Captain Obvious here, but I am under the impression that unvoting is a useful thing.
I actually just noticed this. I was like "WAIT A SEC" when I read the latest vote count and realized I forgot to unvote.

Unvote, Vote Timeater

1) I fail to see how I "fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book", especially since you have failed to explain.
He thinks he trapped you with Fong's Gambit I think. But he kinda missed the fact that FONG'S GAMBIT DOESN'T WORK.

At least, that's MY perception of the situation.
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Rishi »

Hey forbiddan [sic]... when you quote people, could you please say who said the original quote? Sometimes I have no idea what you're talking about.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

RIshi wrote: Hey forbiddan [sic]... when you quote people, could you please say who said the original quote? Sometimes I have no idea what you're talking about.
*sigh*. I suppose. I'll do this starting here.
-StrangerCoug

andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by andersonw »

Grimmy: Could you answer the question I had in post 67?
MacavityLock wrote:Given what I've seen in other games I've read, I think it makes good sense to officially request a claim from any self-voter. How do people feel about this?
Why do you think this? Could you give an example of a game where it was helpful? Personally, I'm not sure if this is correct all of the time. Obviously, if the person was Natirasha or someone like that, it wouldn't make sense to request a claim, but in other cases, I don't see exactly why it would be a good idea (and if the person was close to being lynched, we would be asking for a claim whether he/she was voting for him/herself or not).

@Forbiddanlight: What's Fong's gambit (I can probably infer what it is, but more specifically, where did it come from?)?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

andersonw wrote:
@Forbiddanlight: What's Fong's gambit (I can probably infer what it is, but more specifically, where did it come from?)?
Well, essentially, IIRC, it was an IRC game where a user named Fong voted themself, and later declared that whoever jumped on them was scum looking for a quicklynch. The MS wiki describes it better.
-StrangerCoug

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

andersonw wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Given what I've seen in other games I've read, I think it makes good sense to officially request a claim from any self-voter. How do people feel about this?
Why do you think this? Could you give an example of a game where it was helpful?
Honestly, I've never seen it done before. It's an idea I recently had (but didn't actually bring up) in another game where someone self-voted. (Game ongoing.) To me, it feels like self-voting is inviting a lynch on oneself. It feels like de facto L-1. I'm really not sure, which is why I brought it up as a question here, but I think it might be a strategy worth trying.

Obviously, that strategy would not come in to play during random vote stage.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Rishi »

MacavityLock wrote:
andersonw wrote:
Why do you think this? Could you give an example of a game where it was helpful?
Honestly, I've never seen it done before. It's an idea I recently had (but didn't actually bring up) in another game where someone self-voted. (Game ongoing.) To me, it feels like self-voting is inviting a lynch on oneself. It feels like de facto L-1. I'm really not sure, which is why I brought it up as a question here, but I think it might be a strategy worth trying.

Obviously, that strategy would not come in to play during random vote stage.
Self-voting is pretty crazy. I think there's a very narrow range of possibilities where it's actually a good play. However, to say that it deserves an auto-claim is a bit too much of a stretch.

What's especially bad about your statements is that you're not even voting for Timeater and you want a claim from him? Anyway, I still would like Timeater to explain his actions, but I also want to know what the deal is asking for a claim from a person who you're not even voting for.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”