Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Goon
Ozymandius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Ozymandius »

Sorry, it's too much. I'm way too busy right now.

mod, please replace me
DICE ... and by DICE I mean 2... well I guess it somehow went to 1...
[dice]1d6 = 167104421 = Fixed[/dice]

Somehow I'm back.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Vi »

@Ozymandius: ...um, aren't you dead?

----
STD 374 wrote:Natirasha and Vi knew each other from a previous game, they seem quite comfortable with each other, which is a little unnerving to me.
Another site, not another game - that's where the title "VoVvy" came from. I'm indeed "used to him" and his general manner of existence. I'm not sure how this would "unnerve" you, though.

If you
really
want to meta, I can link you to the site in question... ;)
STD 374 wrote:Question! If you suspect that your D1 play corroborates that you two are masons, and going with the fact that Natirasha...uh...claimed mason D1, what grounds do you have of suspecting her to be a Mafia Role Cop?
How would Ku_F know that Natirasha indeed was a Mason, and not fakeclaiming? (Irrelevant, see bottom.)
STD 374 wrote:This statement is very bad.
As I've said earlier, that was a slip of the tongue that has since been proven false. Repeatedly. Saying it again does nothing.
STD 374 wrote:Problem! I think I mentioned this already, but 3 person mafia could explain this, as well as, if you really wanted to stretch, hammer Kirby. Clearing your mason partner (or more importantly, suggesting that you two are clear) from this is not good.
Again, this point has been made already and I accept it. I did not consider that Natirasha could be scum until the possibility was pointed out.
STD 374 wrote:I would argue that it was not against his will or pride (Kirby 64 and pretty much any other game where Dark Matter is the antagonist).
Dedede joined Kirby against his pride in Kirby 64; there's a cut-scene that makes this clear. The only other time Dedede was on Kirby's side was Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land, wherein Dedede was trying to beat Kirby in the face anyway to keep him from unleashing Cloaked Nightmare.

This has nothing to do with the game though.
STD 374 wrote:Ku_F's statements, although a little weird, were clearly a joke, so I'm not sure how you, M_K, and Jebus by proxy (or by QFT) can say "I can't buy that you were joking." What exactly do you mean by this, and what exactly do you expect Ku_F to gain out of being silly like this by being scum (I'm not saying that it's a town action, but I see it a neutral one).
Do I
really
have to come out and say what I've been stepping around for a while now?
I did not see it as a joke at the time, and went right along with it as if it were gospel.
I feel stupid now. Laugh. Do it now if you haven't already. Laugh.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Look, Ku_F wasted time on some stupid trick while heavily fishing.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Before I forget...
Unvote: Ku_F
in light of the last part of my previous post.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vi, what do you think of Mic refusing to accept joking as an answer to Ku_F's comments? What about Jebus agreeing with Mic about it?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Kmd4390 wrote:Vi, what do you think of Mic refusing to accept joking as an answer to Ku_F's comments? What about Jebus agreeing with Mic about it?
'Tough to call, as I'm certainly not going to say that it was an obvious joke. <_<;
I'm more interested in seeing where they go with their Ku_F suspicions at this point.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vi wrote:Apparently, we have some nice and helpful scum in this game.
This also bothered me a bit. I forgot to mention it.

Will respond to what's been said when I don't feel like collapsing. sleep is good. homework first. damn homework.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Capricious »

/Wake up

I currently have seven hours to divide up between two English papers, Calculus, and sleep. What a hilarious, disparate circus.

I want to
FoS: Ku_F

She was the most prominent scummish player to me yesterday for absolute non-contribution to originality of ideas. The only reason I am not currently voting Ku_F is the incredulous fact that she made the obviously anti-town play of exposing the masons, and proceeding to question them.

/Night-Night
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:46 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Save The Dragons wrote:Ku_F's statements, although a little weird, were clearly a joke, so I'm not sure how you, M_K, and Jebus by proxy (or by QFT) can say "I can't buy that you were joking." What exactly do you mean by this, and what exactly do you expect Ku_F to gain out of being silly like this by being scum (I'm not saying that it's a town action, but I see it a neutral one).
... For one, it wasn't "clearly a joke" to me.

Second, I meant exactly what I said. I wasn't going to buy that Ku_F was joking as an excuse simply because there was
no point
in joking around at this stage of the game.

Third... I wouldn't know. I'm not in her mind. :?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mic, you can't POSSIBLY think that Ku_F was actually at Nat's house, stalking him, and reading his PMs. How is this not clearly a joke?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Vi »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Vi wrote:Apparently, we have some nice and helpful scum in this game.
This also bothered me a bit. I forgot to mention it.
Ozy was non-Town at best D1. There's any number of reasons why he could have been the NK, but I was surprised at the choice of someone who contributed so little.

'Anything else?
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:25 am

Kmd4390 wrote:Mic, you can't POSSIBLY think that Ku_F was actually at Nat's house, stalking him, and reading his PMs. How is this not clearly a joke?
... Yes, I can
possibly
think that. I know nothing about Nat and Kuffie IRL, and I specialize in paranoia. :p

Why would she say that
at all
at this point in the game? Again, I cannot accept "joking around" because now - hell, even
then
- is not the time to joke around, especially like...
that
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, if you really think Ku_F is that messed up and stalkerish, I can't help you there.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Oh, Mic, look outside your window. Ku_F and I are there.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Vi »

Oh hey, I didn't know you visited THAT site, M_K... Move over a bit; you're blocking the view somewhat.
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:33 am

-_-

Alright, enough! I guess, for the sake of argument, Kuffie was joking around. The problem is the way she seemed to joke around; it sounded like she was trying to get some sensitive info... and she succeeded in outing the other mason...

(another problem is that I was being mocked (good reason or not), but that's irrelevant...
and yay for One Day Gaps... >_>)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:14 am

If I start to really suspect you of being scum, Vi, (or if I get bored closer to the deadline) I may respond to what you said, but right now, I feel like us arguing back and forth won't achieve anything.

You're probably neutral on my list right now.

What Ku_F did was silly, but I don't think it was scummy.
I'm starting to like Jebus more and more as scum.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 pm

DraketheFake wrote: In any event, that leaves:

Me
Ku_F
DragonsofSummer
Capricious
Jebus
Save The Dragons
Microphone_Kirby
Kmd4390

Of which 2-4 are likely scum. Better odds, I say.
So, you no longer think Vi and Natirasha are scummy? Does the fact that they're not really confirmed townies put them back on the list or do you think that there's enough to suggest they're not scum?

And who on that list do you think is suspicious?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:31 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

bumppppp
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Vi »

Rule 14?

---
STD 391 wrote:If I start to really suspect you of being scum, Vi, (or if I get bored closer to the deadline) I may respond to what you said,
There's not much to respond to, considering I'm not arguing some of your points. However, it IS closer to the deadline, and I'm bored; not sure about you. Go ahead if you think it will be productive.

Also,
STD 374 wrote:I would argue that it was not against his will or pride (Kirby 64 and pretty much any other game where Dark Matter is the antagonist).
See KDL2 and KDL3, wherein Dedede was possessed by Dark Matter (two-in-one deal!) and was basically useless afterward.

Other than that, it would be nice to get off the Masons subject and onto the wagon from yesterday, since I think we'll make more overall progress there (certainly more than we're making now).

----

wolframnhart wagon:
*Save The Dragons - Started the wagon for general bandwagoning.
*Vi - Didn't jump on the wagon immediately, but came back to it later (see below).
*Natirasha - Jumped on for specific bandwagoning.
*Mic_K - FoS on wolf for "bad logic".
*Vi - Votes wr&h for not changing his vote following the initial objection.
*Save The Dragons - Unvotes, saying "there's no candidate he likes best yet" - presumably out of all the suddenly suspicious people.
*Jebus - Says nothing has happened.
*DragonsOfSummer - Says nothing particularly scummy has happened.
*(stuff)
*Vi - Queries wolfo for not voting Jebus, you know this part.
*DraketheFake - Votes Vi for the above. Chastised by STD for it soon after.
*Mic_K - Implies Jebus+wolf. Isn't voting for wolf. I don't see a vote count handy so I don't recall if he's voting Jebus.
*Natirasha - Stays on wolf wagon for OMGUS.
*DraketheFake - Continues generally hating Vi's logic.
*STD - "Would prefer wolf to Jebus". Unvotes.
*Mic_K - Would prefer Jebus to wolf, but believes they're linked.
*STD - Votes wolf on deadline (sorta).
*DoS - Votes wolf and agrees with everyone.
*STD - Unvotes wolf on a second thought at deadline (sorta).
*DoS - Unvotes and votes Jebus.
*kmd - Replaces in; votes wolf for Vi's line of thinking. General fighting with DtF follows.
*wolf - Votes DoS until deadline.
*(stuff)
*Natirasha - Votes Ozymandius for being a tree stump.
*Vi - Gives up on the wolframnhart idea and votes Jebus.
*DtF - Votes wolframnhart for Vi's idea (that Vi just abandoned, ironically).
*Vi - Revotes wolframnhart based on DtF's post.
*STD - Votes wolframnhart at deadline (for real).

---------------

Some things I noticed while reading:
STD 326 wrote:Screw it. Suspect me if you must, but I've got nothing in this game.
Explain?

DraketheFake - Considering DtF went from hating me to really hating me to liking me to buying my Mason claim wholesale, I'm interested in seeing you pursue someone today.

Ku_F - You're not one of the people to gripe about for being on the inactive wagon, but who are you suspicious of?

DragonsofSummer - Actually, I'd take just about any input from you.

Capricious - Holy wow, I didn't realize how inactive you were. The only people you've been interested in are me and Ku_F, although you voted Jebus to ensure a lynch. Thus, more input would be interesting, since you're not generally "in the crowd".

Jebus - Existing would be cool. Just for satiating my curiosity, a reason why you're not here so much would be cool too, because you're not at all inactive on mafiascum.

Natirasha - ...I have absolutely no idea how to proceed at this point against you.

Verbal - Should have been replaced half a month ago, particularly after it was brought up D1.

Microphone_Kirby - I can't think of anything at the moment, although I remember having something to say to you--
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vi, just because I explained your reasoning AFTER I voted, doesn't mean I USED you reasoning to vote Wolf. It was Wolf or Jebus and I picked Wolf.

Oh, and....um....Verbal WAS replaced. Hi :D
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Vi »

Kmd4390 wrote:Vi, just because I explained your reasoning AFTER I voted, doesn't mean I USED you reasoning to vote Wolf. It was Wolf or Jebus and I picked Wolf.

Oh, and....um....Verbal WAS replaced. Hi :D
... *high-velocity facepalm*
This is what I get for reading the topic post.

Well, since your pick was lynched Town, where would you like to go from here, Kmd?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I want to say Mic because I had so much against him, but it kind of looks like genuine (no offense mic) bad town play. Still suspicious of Drake. I'd like to see Cap post more. I had suspicions there, but I did a re-read and didn't see much. Mic and Jebus both had interesting reactions to Ku_F's joke, particularly Mic. I think we need to remember that a mason could be scum, but neither is today's lynch.

Eh...

Vote Microphone_Kirby
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:06 am

Vi wrote:Another site, not another game - that's where the title "VoVvy" came from. I'm indeed "used to him" and his general manner of existence. I'm not sure how this would "unnerve" you, though.

If you
really
want to meta, I can link you to the site in question... ;)
Ozy and I are twins, but granted, he wasn't the example of active play.

My point is you guys are very close, and it seems to me like you're not checking each other, but that could be due to your role, so meh.
Vi wrote:How would Ku_F know that Natirasha indeed was a Mason, and not fakeclaiming? (Irrelevant, see bottom.)
I'm curious about the jump to Mafia Role Cop. Granted, it was very hard to tell that Natirasha was actually claiming, but I think yesterday Ku_F asked who Natirasha's partner was, so it's not unreasonable to assume she believed then.

I repeated the statements because even though we've talked about them, they do not paint you in a positive light in my mind. They make you seem like you're trying to trick the town into thinking you're pro-town with simple mistakes that anyone could make.

My point with the against his pride and will is that you seem to be downplaying the relationship between Kirby and Dedede. Which is irrelevant anyway, because the mod could be throwing a crazy setup thingy just to screw with us (For example, Kirby, godfather, investigation immune because he's Kirby, is possessed by Dark Matter/Fed up with Popstar and goes postal).
Vi wrote:Do I
really
have to come out and say what I've been stepping around for a while now?
I did not see it as a joke at the time, and went right along with it as if it were gospel.
I feel stupid now. Laugh. Do it now if you haven't already. Laugh.
Considering you're not the only player to do so, I see no reason to laugh. I feel that pointing out that this could be an appeal to emotion is quite heartless, because I don't really think that it is, but it's affecting me that way, because I'm not sure where to place you.
Vi wrote: This also bothered me a bit. I forgot to mention it.
Ozy was non-Town at best D1. There's any number of reasons why he could have been the NK, but I was surprised at the choice of someone who contributed so little.
[/quote]

Some people consider it a tell to discuss the night kill, because scum would want to distance themselves from it. The subtext of your post seems to admonish the scum for doing something that does not seem to be like an ideal play. This is not to say that scum would come out guns blazing, saying "wow. I am stupid," but that they might say, "silly scum. I'd never do anything like that as scum..." and thus distance themselves.

Again, these are scenarios that are presented after the fact of the assumption that you are scum. It's mostly circumstantial, and in my opinion, one of the lowest tells.
Vi wrote: Some things I noticed while reading:
STD 326 wrote:Screw it. Suspect me if you must, but I've got nothing in this game.
Explain?
One of the scumtells I look for is whether or not people actively have targets that they are scumhunting. This entire game, it has been difficult for me to find a target and suspect them. I don't know if that's to say that the scum are doing a good job, or that I'm doing a poor job, but that's where I'm at, and I felt that my bandwagonny vote on wolf was more likely to catch scum than me just sitting on my ass.
Vi wrote: Natirasha - ...I have absolutely no idea how to proceed at this point against you.
I'm asking this for a reason (so if it seems obvious, then yeah, it probably is), but, how did you deal with Natirasha before this point?

KMD: Can you tell me what makes you suspicious of M_K that cannot be written off him being a newer player? I'm not trying to derail your suspicion, but I would be more convinced if I had more of that and less of "fear, answering everything, etc." I actually can buy that he seems more nervous than he needs to be.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Actually, it can all be seen as a newer player. That doesn't mean it should be written off though. He could be just a new player, but he could also be new scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”