Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Pesco47 wrote:Tuber: I have no problem with what you want to present. I believe you're town and asking for my permission first means you want to make a deal? I'm willing to negotiate with you.
I had a little too much time on my hands today at work. I searched around a little on MafiaWiki and found this and this.

As mentioned this is far fetched, and since you had no problem with me presenting my theory, I guess I'm terribly wrong. Anyway, here it goes:

You said you were a Weaponsmith, and I thought that it could be the same as a Gunsmith. Read about Flavor Cops and apparently they are common in theme games. Therefore I thought that maybe you claimed Inhibitor so that scum wouldn't try to NK you. Giving you atleast one more night to investigate. Why you chose to also claim Survivor was still unanswered with this theory, but then I thought that maybe you thought that the mafia would focus on the town rather than on a third party when trying to lynch someone. The fact that it said that Inhibitor's wasn't allowed to claim strenghten this theory.

As I said, too much time on my hands :P
Reborn wrote:That means Tuber and Anderson.
I thought we were supposed to be asked before we claim.

I'm Minkot Kibzuden, Traveler, Hated Townie.[/quote]
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Interesting but also not wrong.

Like I said, I'm willing to make a deal with you. I believe you enough to buy your claim. Hated townie is quite a problem for us in a potential LyLo if we haven't found any scum. Who are you reading as scummy? I do have a few hunches that we may be able to confirm.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

What kind of deal are we talking about here? I find KoC scummy but I'm going to be honest, I won't suprised if you flip scum too. But at the moment, I find KoC as the most scummy and Timeater have been awfully quiet lately.

Andersonw, you are the last one to claim.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

So you find Pesco scummy, but you're still willing to make a deal?
Anderson, claim plz.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Pesco47 »

The deal is that we work together to lynch scum. I trust you already, you don't fully trust me. That's fine with me for now.

I can agree that KoC is starting to appear scummy due to his flip-flopping lately. Tim makes good posts when he actually makes an effort, which would be great to see more of (he promised one to us I believed). I'm feeling pretty certain that Reborn is scum due to the amount of nonsense he's been spewing the entire game. If you want to call meta into it, he certainly posts more scumhunting when he's town.

And yeah, Andersonw hasn't been a team player for not claiming.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:41 am

Post by reborn537 »

Weaponsmith I think refers to a profession in Dwarf Fortress.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:44 am

Weaopnsmiths do exatly what they say on the tin. Make weapons. Including War Hammers.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Pesco47 »

reborn537 wrote:Weaponsmith I think refers to a profession in Dwarf Fortress.
Is posting good content something you are incapable of? Everyone is claiming a profession of some sort from Dwarf Fortress.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 am

unvote; Vote reborn

This stays around until you make a decent post, detailing who you suspect and why.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:So you find Pesco scummy, but you're still willing to make a deal?
Where have I stated that I was willing to make a deal? I asked him what kind of deal he was talking about, and told him that I find you and him scummy. At the moment you are the most scummy looking person IMO.
Pesco wrote:Interesting but also not wrong.
Hmm, are you soft-claiming something here?

vote KoC
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Tuberkulos wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:So you find Pesco scummy, but you're still willing to make a deal?
Where have I stated that I was willing to make a deal? I asked him what kind of deal he was talking about, and told him that I find you and him scummy. At the moment you are the most scummy looking person IMO.
Quite true. The offer is out in the open but not taken.
Tuberkulos wrote:
Pesco wrote:Interesting but also not wrong.
Hmm, are you soft-claiming something here?
We'll know exactly what by the end of the game won't we.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:11 am

Post by reborn537 »

Pesco47 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:Weaponsmith I think refers to a profession in Dwarf Fortress.
Is posting good content something you are incapable of? Everyone is claiming a profession of some sort from Dwarf Fortress.
Good lord. I meant it refers to a profession in Dwarf Fortress and therefore irrelevent to standard mafiascum roles.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:13 am

Bit of a jump, reborn - how do you know that, in a theme game, Weaponsmith doesn't correlate to a role? It could be a Gunsmith, certainly, or a Paranoid Gun Owner Creater (I've been one of those in another theme game, still ongoing), or even a Hammerer-Creator.
Are you actually going to do what I asked for above, or jsut keep posting nothing?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am

Post by reborn537 »

Explain how any of the roles have been related to their names.

This is all ridiculously irrelevent - I believe Pesco's claim is plausible, it explains his reluctance to claim and his clearly agenda-influenced behaviour.

My top suspect remains you, KoC, and I think Ramus might be scum because his negative reaction to a drawback-less mass claim earlier.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Ramus »

reborn537 wrote:Explain how any of the roles have been related to their names.
Kobold Thief steals stuff. Directly related. Anymore examples needed?
My top suspect remains you, KoC, and I think Ramus might be scum because his negative reaction to a drawback-less mass claim earlier.
That would be called a bad case of meat world getting in the way of things. Midterms are coming up anyway for me so don't be surprised if my level of posting drops drastically.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:08 am

Post by andersonw »

Pesco47 wrote:And yeah, Andersonw hasn't been a team player for not claiming.
Ramus gets to pick who claims next.

Anyways, another important rule of mafia I just remembered: All claimed third-party rules must be lynched no matter what. Why? Akatsuki mafia (which I was part of) is a good example of this. It was Claus who claimed third-party in that game and eventually won because we all believed him (except for me :P but no one paid attention to me that game)

To sum my thoughts up: We must lynch Pesco (who is very likely scum), and KoC is scum.
Still thinking who the third scum could be, if there are three.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Ramus »

Timeater wrote:I dont like that suggestion Ramus. Sigh so many scummy posts the last few pages and no one seems to be picking up on whats going on. I'll make a comprehensive post tomorrow but geeze guys step back and think for a moment...
Get used to it, if you haven't noticed, our logical processing go in two very different directions.
Pesco47 wrote:I'm not keen on making my ability too obvious until I am ready to come out with it. Let's just say that scum can't win until I die, that is what my ability can do.
I have doubts about your role being that powerful. Not to mention, I doubt you can save yourself.
reborn537 wrote:You have said "Scum can't win=/=town can't lose." Please explain how we're going to lose if the scum can't win?
And so they lived happily ever after...

In other words, a tie scenario. But I haven't seen Pesco's ability to stop day lynches or night kills, so...
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I can think of a role that might mean scum can't win as long as Pesco is alive - Serial Killer?
I have some doubts about that, mainly since this is a relatively small game and no second deaths have occurred yet, but there's still a possibility.
Pesco47 wrote:Inhibitor keeps the game going until a win condition has been fulfilled and I decide to end the game. In another site where me and Ramus play, we've seen mafia win enough times already the score there is 1-6 (should be 0-7). I'd like to win as town for a change.
Yeah but the games are ALWAYS rigged, so moot point.
Ramus wrote:Claiming was inevitable, it was going to happen, so heck, might as well now.
This logic is kind of like, "we are all going to die at the end of our lives, so I might as well just suicide now". The order of claiming can make a big difference in the outcome of the game.
FoS: Ramus
Thank you for completely changing my point there. Assuming I'm scum, it'd be best for me to wait until last so that I can claim last. This makes me a lot safer since I will know no one has the role I claim (after all, everyone looks to have an unique role, vanilla or not). However, by going first, I run the risk of claiming a role that someone else might have, getting me lynched. By going first, I was hoping to prove to be a townie.

Also, I just noticed, Pesco, if scum outnumber town, they can just vote to lynch you, and thus end the game. You die during the day.

And KoC, if he hasn't claimed yet, have him claim. If he has, andersonw, please claim.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Pesco47 »

andersonw wrote: To sum my thoughts up: We must lynch Pesco (who is very likely scum), and KoC is scum.
Still thinking who the third scum could be, if there are three.
Let's look at the numbers again. If I'm third party and there's 3 scum, lynching me will give the game to scum.

The rest of your post is heavily laden with laundering.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Ramus, KoC has already claimed.

Andersonw, everyone has already claimed but you.

Pesco, you want to get rid of the scums, yes? So we could actually count you as kinf of a pro-town player? In that case, why would it matter who we lynch (assuming that we wont hit scum)? I get the feeling that all you are trying to do is to save your ass from this lynch...
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by andersonw »

Okay.
I'm Kumil Ekurudil, and I'm a mason.
Not a regular mason, but I'm a one-way mason.
I can't talk at night, but I know that one person is innocent, and that person doesn't know anything about me (obviously not going to say who it is, it would just paint a target on his/her back).

I will tell you that the person I know is innocent is not KoC or Pesco, though, so that will definitely help narrow it down. :D
Ramus wrote:Thank you for completely changing my point there. Assuming I'm scum, it'd be best for me to wait until last so that I can claim last. This makes me a lot safer since I will know no one has the role I claim (after all, everyone looks to have an unique role, vanilla or not). However, by going first, I run the risk of claiming a role that someone else might have, getting me lynched. By going first, I was hoping to prove to be a townie.
Thanks for being sarcastic...
My point was that people can't just claim in any order, and the order of claiming can change the outcome of the game.
Pesco47 wrote: The rest of your post is heavily laden with laundering.
Laundering? Please explain.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by andersonw »

Also, sorry Tuberkulos, didn't see your claim in post 525 before making post 540.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by sekinj »

@anderson - wow... that's pretty cool. I've never heard of that...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by sekinj »

@anderson - but it's not hard to figure out who it is though....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by reborn537 »

I'd like to lynch KoC now.

vote KoC
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by sekinj »

@reborn - nice move...afterall the only way to avoid a later wagon on you is to turn the current one into a bus.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”