Nomic: Wiki Edition --- Finished (More or Less)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:44 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Anyway,
Bid N$300
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:58 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 260, Ircher wrote:The exact same board of directors may not be elected three times in a row.
Can I ask for clarification on this?
I assume it means the same 3 people cannot be re-elected three times in a row even if the head director changes between them. Will this be enforced by going directly into another election if the results end up the same for the third time? Or is it done by e.g. excluding the person of the 3 with the lowest vote total and replacing them for the 4th place finisher? There are many ways to implement this in practice.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:02 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I like what you've done with clause III
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 276, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 260, Ircher wrote:The exact same board of directors may not be elected three times in a row.
Can I ask for clarification on this?
I assume it means the same 3 people cannot be re-elected three times in a row even if the head director changes between them. Will this be enforced by going directly into another election if the results end up the same for the third time? Or is it done by e.g. excluding the person of the 3 with the lowest vote total and replacing them for the 4th place finisher? There are many ways to implement this in practice.
I will clarify it, but yes, it means the same set of people regardless of role. With regards to how it is implemented, we will go with the latter: if the same board is elected, the fourth place winner shall replace the third place winner.
In post 270, lendunistus wrote:
Proposal 329: Proposals and motions to instantly give a player or a group of player a set amount of points are forbidden.

might solve the problem of just being able to win outright if you have enough vote coupons

or just abolish vote coupons idk
Unfortunately, this is invalid because we already have proposals 329 and 330. (I understand the wiki is a bit out of date right now.)
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:21 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 278, Ircher wrote:I will clarify it, but yes, it means the same set of people regardless of role. With regards to how it is implemented, we will go with the latter: if the same board is elected, the fourth place winner shall replace the third place winner.
Ok I'm cool with that!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Current Highest big for My 3 vote Coupons is N$300
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:24 am

Wiki updated
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Ircher »

Bet N$300.01.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Ircher »

And so, the Nomic Central Bank shall come to the voting floor:
Proposal 331:
The Establishment of the Nomic Central Bank
: An entity known as the Nomic Central Bank is hereby established upon the passage of this proposal. The bank shall receive its own subsection under the player statuses section of the wiki listing the current board of directors and the date of the next election as elaborated in future rules. The shop page shall list the currently active exchange rates.

Proposal 332:
The Election of the Nomic Central Bank Board of Directors
: The Nomic Central Bank is managed by three elected officials known as the Nomic Central Board of Directors (or board of directors for short when the relevant context is the Nomic Central Bank) Every two weeks, a 2-day long election is held to determine who is on the board of directors. Elections officially begin at 12:01 AM UTC on the day of the election and end the day after at 11:59 PM UTC. Votes are cast by secret ballot (i.e.: pm) to the current head director of the board of directors and must list the player's three preferences for the board of directors in the order of preference. Players may not vote for themselves in any way, and any ballots received before the election starts or after the election ends will be considered invalid. The winner of the election is decided by employing a modified form of the Borda Count where a 1st preference counts as 5 votes, a 2nd preference counts as 3 votes, and a 3rd preference counts as 1 vote. All unlisted players receive 0 votes. Ties for the third spot are broken by the current head director with the restriction that the current head director may not choose themselves. Furthermore, the player amongst the three elected officials who receives the most votes shall become the new head director of the board of directors. If there is a tie, the current head director of the board of directors may choose the new head director of the board of directors with the restriction that they cannot choose themselves. The election results shall be posted by the current head director of the board of directors within 24 hours of the election ending. At this point, power transfers from the prior board of directors to the newly elected board of directors. For the first election, the moderator shall preside as the current head director of the board of directors, and the first election shall begin at 12:01 AM UTC on the day following the passage of this proposal. All election data should be archived in some format following the example of the archiving of the first election. All terms end at 11:59 PM UTC, and future elections begin at 12:01 AM UTC the day before the current term ends. The exact same set of people may not be elected to the board of directors three times in a row. If this occurs, then the fourth place winner shall take the spot of the third place winner. This proposal fails if proposal 331 fails.

The only things I changed about 332 from the time of the final draft is to give a tiebreaker if there is a tie for the last seat and to clarify the term limits aspect.

Proposal 333:
The Empowerment of Players to Create and Manage Currencies
: At any time, a player who has not yet made a currency may create a new currency by posting in bold, "I hereby establish the currency [Currency Name]. Its symbol is [Currency Symbol]. An initial [Positive Amount] shall be printed." The amount specified in the initial creation is the initial supply of the currency, and the creator shall be granted that amount of currency. All newly created currency hold no value until an exchange rate is established by the Nomic Central Bank Board of Directors (as described in future rules). A player may at any time post in bold, "Print [Positive Amount] [Currency Name/Symbol]," to print more of the currency. The board of directors must approve and decide upon a new exchange rate before the currency is actually printed. The board of directors may not reject a request to print money without going through the official sanctioning process (as described in future rules). A player may also post in bold "Destroy [Positive Amount] [Currency Name/Symbol]," to remove currency they created from circulation. To remove currency from circulation, the currency must be in the inventory of the creator and cannot bring the creator below 0 of that currency. A player may only establish and be the primary manager for a single currency; the old currency must exit circulation first and then be officially dissolved as described in later rules. This proposal fails if proposal 331 fails.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Deimos27 »

VOTE: Nay 329
I'd just rather the reward was either much lesser or something other than points.
VOTE: Aye 331
VOTE: Aye 332
VOTE: Aye 333
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:26 am

In post 282, Ircher wrote:Bet N$300.01.
I, as the host of this auction, am striking this bid down. Please round your bid to the nearest N$5
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:37 am

Motion M004: For the next 168 hours, if a player has broken, the rules or has in any way cheated the game, if they are not caught withing 36 hours then they shall not be punished. This will apply retroactively as well. In addition, the first player whom catches another player cheating will be given 2 points and N$200.

I believe that if you can get away with cheating for a day and a half, then you should be able to just get away with it, not just because cheating is fun, but because catching people cheating is even more fun.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Ircher »

VOTE: Nay M004

I have a few problems with the implementation: 1) Fix the grammar (i.e.: you have a few extra commas) 2) This shouldn't award points 3) The timing should be at least 48 hours probably 72 hours tbh and 4) This shouldn't be retroactive. Change all of those, and I will reconsider.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:23 am

Why shouldn't motions award points, Ircher? What should award points, because right now the only way to earn points is by getting proposals passed. You sound like you want this game to drag on forever.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Deimos27 »

After we get the central bank passed the next order of business imo is gamification of the currencies, figuring out good objectives to award points for
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Deimos27 »

The economic win condition is far more interesting than scoring points for a bunch of random unrelated mechanical tasks like catching cheating or passing proposals
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In fact I agree with all of Ircher's points
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Deimos27 »

(the misuse of "whom" is particularly irksome on the grammatical front)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:30 am

In post 289, Deimos27 wrote:After we get the central bank passed the next order of business imo is gamification of the currencies, figuring out good objectives to award points for
Do you want capitalism? Because that's how you get capitalism.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:33 am

If:
Currency is gamified and required to win
And:
There is a small number of individuals who are all able to control the currency

Then:
You get fucking capitalism
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE: Nay 329
VOTE: Aye 331
VOTE: Aye 332
VOTE: Aye 333
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 294, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If:
And:

Then:
Yo I didn't know that capitalists are democratically elected I should try running for Minister of Being Rich irl.

Naw but the BoD pretty much only controls exchange rates and if you think they're doin' a rubbish job you can say so and/or try to vote them out at the next election and/or try to get the head director dismissed and/or executive review their decisions.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Deimos27 »

The central bank as we've designed it is not a bad approximation of representative democracy. I'm confident that there are sufficient measures of accountability.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:42 am

Why is representative democracy good in your opinion?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:43 am

In post 296, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 294, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If:
And:

Then:
Yo I didn't know that capitalists are democratically elected I should try running for Minister of Being Rich irl.

Naw but the BoD pretty much only controls exchange rates and if you think they're doin' a rubbish job you can say so and/or try to vote them out at the next election and/or try to get the head director dismissed and/or executive review their decisions.

By the way, only the head director can call for an executive review of their actions.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”