Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Towelie »

It’s why I haven’t really been pushing you guys, skitter.

The amount of people doing “covert” reads this game is dumb. Town should be more focused on killing scum than hiding shit. If he TRULY thought she was scum for whatever the duck it is, he would have outed it.
f the steelers
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I dunno what my would-elim pool is rn
But tbc I only voted VFT because I wanted to actually follow through on my statement that I’d listen to LLD, that’s nowhere near a preferred elim
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Towelie »

I do hope she feels better and comes around and makes me feel better about your slot. But this is where I am at this point.

Ninja-
Gamma I refuse to believe you are scumreading Kyo after isekai.
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1500, Towelie wrote:It’s why I haven’t really been pushing you guys, skitter.

The amount of people doing “covert” reads this game is dumb. Town should be more focused on killing scum than hiding shit. If he TRULY thought she was scum for whatever the duck it is, he would have outed it.
Not when doing so announces 1-2 other PRs so no thanks. I would rather be treated as an idiot and wrong.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1499, Towelie wrote:
In post 919, Towelie wrote:I agree w/ everything you said in your post about them, but like, none of that seems like it's scummy other than the double-down, and my biggest issue was that there was a whole paragraph of qualifying non AI stuff before you got there. Even so, what is their objective here as scum other than pushing a read you don't agree with?
here is what i said, and the point was that I didn't feel like you should've gotten to a scumread with the thoughts you had, not that i don't think someone could potentially scumread them. I will admit my language here was imprecise (and I wasn't really scumreading them either at the time)

even so i feel like this is a hell of a molehill.

I can be done w/ this and you can have whatever last word you want on it.

-b
i feel like we had another whole back and forth about why i shouldn't be voting them that i can't find right now, i'll look again tomorrow (i don't *think* ? i imagined that happening)

we can be done but i'm going to leave this here
VOTE: towelie
In post 1500, Towelie wrote:It’s why I haven’t really been pushing you guys, skitter.

yep, fair enuf, you can push me tho if u think i'm scummy, i'm here and no reason to hold back at this point
and yeah i don't disagree, it's dumb and it's silly but it doesn't make him scum and i think you know that it doesn't make him scum
'town pr being coy around not wanting to out their pr etc' isn't scummy and is a fairly common thing for town prs to do, and you're utterly ignoring that universe for reasons that i don't understand

ok now i'm really going, night
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1502, Towelie wrote:I do hope she feels better and comes around and makes me feel better about your slot. But this is where I am at this point.

Ninja-
Gamma I refuse to believe you are scumreading Kyo after isekai.
What’s the point of this? Weren’t you TRing me for most of this game so far?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Towelie »

Just because I’m townreading you doesn’t mean I don’t think your read on kyo is wrong.
f the steelers
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

This is really hard to follow for me even with brain functioning. Let me be clear about the little bit I picked up on.

Even given the POV that VFT is offering for Critter, I note Critter isn't giving any other people who may be unclaimed PRs the time to put together their own plans. This isn't me softing -- it's saying that the viewpoint you're putting out there for Critter is at odds with Critter's own play, especially when Critter is this aware /of/ other PRs being in the game, and Critter already saw someone accusing me of doing the logical outcome of following your assertion to its conclusion would be (i.e. Something_Smart saying "my goal is the only one that matters" sarcastically).

Also, Critter is demanding town cohesion without allowing town to cohere naturally. They're trying to force the cohesion. I don't see a PR who has utility in doing that deciding to willingly draw that much attention to themselves, as VFT is suggesting is the case. It is, however, probably the only case where ssbm's talking about outing Critter's supposed softclaims in a strategic manner actually makes more sense than leaving well enough alone -- but that's not a good thing by any means for Critter no matter who or what they are in terms of role.

However, I am at this time satisfied that LLD made a good pick for elimination target.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I keep rewriting sentences partially and fucking pronouns up in the process -- originally I had written "but that's not a good thing for anyone playing in a way that necessitates it, no matter who or what they are in terms of role.", changed the front half to call out Critter specifically for brevity, and didn't correct the back half. Sorry to Critter, I'm normally better about this.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1507, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:This is really hard to follow for me even with brain functioning. Let me be clear about the little bit I picked up on.

Even given the POV that VFT is offering for Critter, I note Critter isn't giving any other people who may be unclaimed PRs the time to put together their own plans. This isn't me softing -- it's saying that the viewpoint you're putting out there for Critter is at odds with Critter's own play, especially when Critter is this aware /of/ other PRs being in the game, and Critter already saw someone accusing me of doing the logical outcome of following your assertion to its conclusion would be (i.e. Something_Smart saying "my goal is the only one that matters" sarcastically).

Also, Critter is demanding town cohesion without allowing town to cohere naturally. They're trying to force the cohesion. I don't see a PR who has utility in doing that deciding to willingly draw that much attention to themselves, as VFT is suggesting is the case. It is, however, probably the only case where ssbm's talking about outing Critter's supposed softclaims in a strategic manner actually makes more sense than leaving well enough alone -- but that's not a good thing by any means for Critter no matter who or what they are in terms of role.

However, I am at this time satisfied that LLD made a good pick for elimination target.
Because they aren’t.

No one is actually talking to each other they’re talking through each other.

Yeah I am not best at rallying the troops but no one else is trying either.

It’s all my way or the highway but at least I am blunt enough to fucking say it.

You’re just sitting there talking about how I am doing things badly.

How about you get off your butt and lead town to who you want elimmed?

Just going “LLD picked fine” is not cohesion it’s settling and going “I don’t get what I want guess this is fine”.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Critter »

If there was actual evidence of me squashing something then me wanting to end the day would be bad.

Instead it’s a bunch of active lurking with a few exceptions.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Critter, my brain is in no state to lead town. This isn't a defense, I'm so far out of my meta that anyone who trusts in meta should be calling for me to die today no questions asked, and I both recognize that and literally cannot do anything about it since it is due to forces beyond my control or anyone else's right now. I'm barely functional enough to read the game and make decisions for myself about what I'm reading. I'm visibly fucking up basic stuff when I write up my posts on a regular basis. I'm not leading town, that's a terrible idea right now and you of all people should see that for what it is, presuming you aren't red (which, for me, is presuming an awful lot right now).

Also! It isn't settling. I actually think it's a good decision. I had my doubts to start (mostly to do with VFT needing to get their bearings...), but seeing how VFT conducted themselves since the pick has proven the point for me.

Finally! Yeah, I'm active-lurking. What would you do if your brain suddenly refused to function and you could no longer trust yourself to make fully-informed decisions in the game? If nothing else I'm not willing to rally town behind a blatantly obviously doomed march like the world's most disastrous conga-line.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

And since I just realized it might bear some explanation: I'm still bringing up what I see despite my current impairment because I often see things other people don't. If everyone is like "well, whatever", I don't trust myself enough to press the issue with them. But I won't just remain totally silent on it because what if I do see something important? What if that wouldn't have been brought up? Would I be doing town any sort of service by keeping my mouth shut?

I'm asking you honestly. If you think I should shut the hell up and not chip in again for the game, you fuckin' got it. This is your one chance to buy my silence, Critter, and there will not be another.

If you don't think that, then you need to do more than act like I'm obviously out of my mind. You need to address my points.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1509, Critter wrote:No one is actually talking to each other they’re talking through each other.
Feels inaccurate to me. If anyone's talking through people it's you.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1511, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Critter, my brain is in no state to lead town. This isn't a defense, I'm so far out of my meta that anyone who trusts in meta should be calling for me to die today no questions asked, and I both recognize that and literally cannot do anything about it since it is due to forces beyond my control or anyone else's right now. I'm barely functional enough to read the game and make decisions for myself about what I'm reading. I'm visibly fucking up basic stuff when I write up my posts on a regular basis. I'm not leading town, that's a terrible idea right now and you of all people should see that for what it is, presuming you aren't red (which, for me, is presuming an awful lot right now).

Also! It isn't settling. I actually think it's a good decision. I had my doubts to start (mostly to do with VFT needing to get their bearings...), but seeing how VFT conducted themselves since the pick has proven the point for me.

Finally! Yeah, I'm active-lurking. What would you do if your brain suddenly refused to function and you could no longer trust yourself to make fully-informed decisions in the game? If nothing else I'm not willing to rally town behind a blatantly obviously doomed march like the world's most disastrous conga-line.
1-2 I am not going to touch that with a ten foot pole except to say I hope you feel better. I won’t judge someone’s brain space.

I don’t know what you’re meaning by this post though. You say you’re not qualified to make decisions/reads?
Yet you’ve decided that there’s a “doomed” March like a conga line?

It feels like you’re trying to say “I am not capable”. If I was in your shoes I would stop attacking someone trying and build up what you want to see instead. Positivity is good.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1512, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:And since I just realized it might bear some explanation: I'm still bringing up what I see despite my current impairment because I often see things other people don't. If everyone is like "well, whatever", I don't trust myself enough to press the issue with them. But I won't just remain totally silent on it because what if I do see something important? What if that wouldn't have been brought up? Would I be doing town any sort of service by keeping my mouth shut?

I'm asking you honestly. If you think I should shut the hell up and not chip in again for the game, you fuckin' got it. This is your one chance to buy my silence, Critter, and there will not be another.

If you don't think that, then you need to do more than act like I'm obviously out of my mind. You need to address my points.
I am not asking you to shut up. I am asking you to be positive. I don’t even follow what you need addressing other than you disagree with me on my Kyo read and think I am playing self centered. I am playing town centered with things I can’t explain. So I like don’t follow what you need from me.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1513, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1509, Critter wrote:No one is actually talking to each other they’re talking through each other.
Feels inaccurate to me. If anyone's talking through people it's you.
Really? Name a read of yours you’ve collaborated with someone on. I can’t even remember what your reads are except you haven’t shared them. I have asked you for them in many different ways and gotten stonewalled. You wanna say you’re collaborating show me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Venus wagon is garbage

{Kyouko, EMMI, SS, Stranger, MM} are my acceptable lims

Yes, MM returns there, the reasons I has them as town are probably bad

Critter Towlie VFT Mush Dunn Gamma are all town
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 1514, Critter wrote:It feels like you’re trying to say “I am not capable”. If I was in your shoes I would stop attacking someone trying and build up what you want to see instead. Positivity is good.
You've given no one any reason to trust you. You've said one thing to everyone else: we need to build town cohesion. But any time someone tries to do that without centering what you're asking for to the exclusion of their own concerns and questions, you break it up. The problem isn't you being self-centered, town does that all the time. It's you talking out of both sides of your mouth.

So here's another question I'm asking you honestly. Do we all sheep you blindly or do we build up our own reads and decide who we trust and distrust organically amongst ourselves?

Take your stand, right here, right now.

And mark my words, I will push your wagon with my bogged down brain and all if you say we need to come together organically and then step all over that shit another fucking time, like you've done over and over and over in the back half of this day to date.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1453, Critter wrote:You know what. I am borrowing from MathBlade. It helped him nail a scum team 3/3 can everyone do this?

viewtopic.php?p=13054226#p13054226
Lmao grabbing your own shit and pretending it's not you - was waiting to out this after I found but now I know this is you and i know this verbiage is your scumgame's excuse to waffle on a town slot.

VOTE: critter

Critter is MathBlade. MathBlade in Calculasia called town!Flea a teapot read - described faer as someone that, given time, alignment can be determined. Like, leave the tea on the stove long enough, and it will boil. He did the same thing to Dwlee in a mini recently where Dwlee, Math, and I were in ELO, and I thoroughly dug through his meta checking if he used that terminology in any town games. I am 100% certain critter is scum here and that he TMIed Dunnstral as town. Receipts for this read are coming. Even if we dont do this today because we want to go with LLD for the day, never forget this post.

At first it was hard to tell who Critter was but more recently he's slipping out of persona. I was going to finish catching up and then go ego dive MathBlade and Critter to check if they post in the same timeframes, but that wont be necessary anymore. Makes total sense that he would want me dead too as I nuked his buddy DGB in that mini on D1 out of a completely Stalled gamestate and he's desperate to get to N1 to get me out of here

Is this what it feels like to be Koba in a game where I'm scum? I think it is.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Critter is MathBlade
you dont say
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1467, Something_Smart wrote:So you're going to get people making arbitrary decisions that they don't believe in and that's not going to tell you much.
That's how scum!Math plays.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Whatever chaos unfolds from this new information, I am demanding a response to my last post. I don't care who is who, because meta means nothing to me. I want to see town able to cohere without some two-headed beast lurking in the center and proclaiming to all and sundry: "TOWN MUST COHERE! NO NOT LIKE THAT!" That's what I want.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1520, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Critter is MathBlade
you dont say
You're in scum's pocket, cut the sarcastic shit and rethink
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:31 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Ok ill entertain you, who is scum with Critter?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”