Mini 658 - Facedown and Thirsty Mafia (Game Over)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I've PM'd MeMe about the mod's absence and am waiting for a response. I really, really do want to keep playing, but if the lurking problem continues then I'd rather get outta here.

It'd be nice if we had a backup mod...
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 am

Post by MeMe »

I've just been alerted to your missing-mod problem. I'm doing what I can to get hold of yellowbounder -- he'll have at least 48 hours to respond before I take further action.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Nothing-I-say-will-make-the-pain-go-away Vote Count

1 - StrangerCoug (Kairyuu)

3 - No Lynch (RandomGem, StrangerCoug, Mokina)

4 - None (Korts, malthusis, iamausername, ChannelDelibird)

8 equals 5.

ChannelDelibird has been prodded. malthusis is being replaced. You guys don't need any more excuses from me, you just need a mod. I'll do my best, although to ensure the success of the game, MeMe has been given the full night history and Role PMs, so if I need to be replaced (which hopefully won't happen), you won't miss many beats.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:07 am

Post by yellowbounder »

malthusis is replaced by Zakeri.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Zakeri »

Hay guize! What's going on in thi-

A No lynch? Okay, before I ask stupid questions, I'm going to go and read what all has happened.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Okay, Full read of the thread, and here's who I'm looking at

Kairyuu: I can understand the newbie card pulled up throughout day one, especially since it was not meant to be your defense, much less a defense against anything unrelated to your inexperience. it's true, it might be your back up incase you do make a newbie mistake, but you've been playing very well in my eyes.

That said, your speculations for day 3 are scummy. Assuming 3 scum with one SK is a perfectly acceptable move, and the reason it's more common is because SKs are independent of scum. It may make the Anti-Town Ratio higher, but SKs aren't necessarily Anti-town as they need to kill the Mafia just as much as we do. I don't mean to imply that we should let SKs live once one has claimed, of course, but I'm just trying to help him understand this from a Mod's Perspective, not a player's.

I did however like how you tried to push your idea of Me and Korts being the scumpair. Not saying I want to be lynched or anything, or that we are the scumpair, I just like how you went about it. If was a theory you came up with, and you pushed it until you yourself realized you were probably wrong. You didn't just let it go as soon as Username told you it was probably 3 Mafia left, you actually went and got evidence that he was probably right. This leads me to believe you're actually very pro-town, as I think scum would try to back down from attempting to mislynch townies, especially since as scum, you would have known already how many Mafiosi were left.

Random Gem: Has added very little in the way of finding scum. Backed up with the fact that RG can't find anyone suspicious that he would want to point out. This is, unfortunately for him, a Scumtell for me. Not wanting to point out suspicious people may mean he's afraid of pointing out his own teammates. This deserves my
FoS

Strange cougar: Kitty~! <3 Pet the kitty.

Ow, it bit me. Mommie~~~!

sorry about that.

Anyway, the way SG acted during Day one didn't speak out to me much. I didn't see any possible connections, and I usually don't analyze Voting patterns as much as I probably should, since I don't see how SG following Monika would be a bad thing. It could possibly mean that SG is in fact pro-town (especially since he admited to not realizing he was following her) since Monika has already been seen as protown herself.

based on this, I'm of the Opinion that RG is scum, and that one or two of Korts, Username, and ChannelDeliBird is scum. Additional
FoS
on CDB for having not posted since day two.

I'm torn between going on a No lynch or not, since I'm not entirely sure the NK would provide more information, and I think RG is a safe enough bet on scum in the first place. I'd like to see some more reactions before I decide on a vote in any case.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zakeri wrote:Strange cougar: Kitty~! <3 Pet the kitty.

Ow, it bit me. Mommie~~~!
xD
Zakeri wrote:Anyway, the way SG
It's SC, not SG, thank you.
Zakeri wrote:acted during Day one didn't speak out to me much. I didn't see any possible connections, and I usually don't analyze Voting patterns as much as I probably should, since I don't see how SG following Monika would be a bad thing.
Buddying up to someone can be a scum tell, especially if you're attempting to get that person on your good side. That's why I've been suspected of following her.
Zakeri wrote:It could possibly mean that SG is in fact pro-town (especially since he admited to not realizing he was following her) since Monika has already been seen as protown herself.
This is true.

Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Buddying up to someone can be a scum tell, especially if you're attempting to get that person on your good side. That's why I've been suspected of following her.
yes, but I've been victimized by that bit of logic, so I do feel particularly lenient on it. It could mean you're scum buddying up to the most pro-town person viable, or it could be because Monika makes sense. It can't really be seen either way in my experience, at least not without gauging a person's reaction to being accused of it.
Sorry, it's just the weird way I got by reading your name. I realize you're actually "StrangerCoug" not Strange Cougar like I said, so I hope I can fix myself of that now.

Also, you could be SG. <x>
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zakeri wrote:
Sorry, it's just the weird way I got by reading your name. I realize you're actually "StrangerCoug" not Strange Cougar like I said, so I hope I can fix myself of that now.

Also, you could be SG. <x>
The "ar" at the end is acceptable, however, and I understand the word "cougar" being used to refer to me (even though it isn't commonly used outside of MafiaScum.net). Let's try to stay on track, though.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Korts:
There's no need to defend that, it's pretty much the style that I have problems with. It's not a real scumtell by far, just something I noted.
Fair enough.
No, you didn't use the newbie card to get out of tight spots. However, you did seem very eager to state, on multiple counts, and without provocation that you are also a newbie. Just because you weren't defending yourself with it doesn't mean it's not valid as a tell. You could be pre-emptively justifying an "I told you I'm a newbie" line.
I read through all of my posts again (because I didn't remember the specifics of what I did) and I know what you are talking about now. I volunteered the newbie thing on D1 because it formed a part of my reasoning. I was asked why I was giving Drake so many strikes. My reasoning was because he was a newbie, and, being a newbie myself, I was more inclined to give him a chance, because I would have hoped for a bit of leniency if I was in a similar situation. Since then I haven't mentioned it at all if you noticed, because it did not figure into my reasoning anymore.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Strangercoug wrote:Slow game is slow

I can't believe I had to quote that again. Why is everyone so sluggish lately? This game started as one of the fasted I had seen, but not it's a snorefest.

Pick it up people.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Zakeri »

EBWOP: Now, instead of Not.

...Yeah, it's that slow. my opinion remains unchanged.

Vote: Random Gem
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: No Lynch

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 am

Post by iamausername »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Unvote: No Lynch
This is a weird thing to do with absolutely no explanation.

Vote: No Lynch
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, if we're getting discussion back again, even if it's only minimal...

RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by RandomGem »

Coming from my point of view, the discussion is not very minimal. >.>
Well, I'm at a point where a defense I give is just repeating myself... I shall probe myself...

Is there some deep flaw to my No Lynch plan? I don't get it.
Also, Zakeri, what reactions did you get from when you said this
Zakeri wrote:I'm torn between going on a No lynch or not, since I'm not entirely sure the NK would provide more information, and I think RG is a safe enough bet on scum in the first place. I'd like to see some more reactions before I decide on a vote in any case.
to when you voted me?
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Zakeri »

RandomGem wrote:Also, Zakeri, what reactions did you get from when you said this
Zakeri wrote:I'm torn between going on a No lynch or not, since I'm not entirely sure the NK would provide more information, and I think RG is a safe enough bet on scum in the first place. I'd like to see some more reactions before I decide on a vote in any case.
to when you voted me?
I didn't get any reactions except for the two I said I thought was townie agreeing with me >.>

So, I decide to provoke a reaction.

And no, I don't think a No Lynch is necessarily a waste.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by RandomGem »

Quotes look weird when you have a quote in a quote...
*Ahem* Anyway, sorry to state the obvious, but it hasn't provoked much. :P
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Mokina »

iamausername wrote:Assuming a three-man mafia, as is the usual in twelve player games, we're probably in lylo right now, but with the option of taking a no lynch first, which might be a good idea. Let's be careful, anyway.
I feel that we should err on the cautious side here. If this setup is anything like the one described above, we're down to the wire and a mislynch could end the game. That alone should be a compelling reason not to hang anyone today.
We basically have the choice between lynching today and lynching tomorrow. If we choose wrong either day, we lose. From a purely statistical perspective, we are more likely to choose wrong today than tomorrow. Also, it's important to keep in mind that the town is not very informed right now. I am almost certain there are some investigative roles among us. Give them the chance to work their magic.
StrangerCoug wrote:Unvote: No Lynch
@SC: Do you believe your vote no longer makes sense? Are you trying to disassociate yourself from something spearheaded by RandomGem? An explanation would shed some light on your choice.
RandomGem wrote:*Ahem* Anyway, sorry to state the obvious, but it hasn't provoked much.
Random's looking a little defensive here, and I have to agree with Zakeri on the whole "active lurking" impression. I still think he's too risky to lynch, but it might be worth looking into tomorrow.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mokina wrote:@SC: Do you believe your vote no longer makes sense?
Yes.
Mokina wrote:Are you trying to disassociate yourself from something spearheaded by RandomGem?.
No.

Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Mokina »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Mokina wrote:@SC: Do you believe your vote no longer makes sense?
Yes.
Mokina wrote:An explanation would shed some light on your choice.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Zakeri »

I'm well aware there are certain dangers in vying for a lynch now as oppose to a later day phase. I'm not entirely convinced we will be that much better off informationally.
I am almost certain there are some investigative roles among us. Give them the chance to work their magic.
I hadn't considered that before, but how likely do you think it is since the cop has already died?
Anyway, sorry to state the obvious, but it hasn't provoked much.
Well, at least it's reaffirmed my suspicions for now. I'm convinced to wait until tomorrow to proceed now.

Unvote: RandomGem
Vote: No Lynch.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:11 am

Post by Korts »

Since my read-up didn't yield much (or at all), and I don't have the time and/or stamina for questioning right now, I'll just

vote: No Lynch

Best option, especially considering the lack of discussion therefore information.

Zakeri makes a fair point though, I'd say given the roles revealed so far, we're probably out of power roles, unless scum have multiple powers.
scumchat never die
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Kairyuu »

And that just ended the day.

I didn't like Strangercoug's quick unvote without reasoning. I expect an explanation tomorrow.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:31 am

Post by yellowbounder »

With a burning mind
The sailor sighs
His eyes are open
But no one's inside