Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Towelie »

kinda feel like we're wading through mud and hoping things magically become clear on later days

skitter, what about made you confident (?) critter was town?

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1048, Gamma Emerald wrote:I kinda wanna vote Critter here because his approach feels vaguely scummy rn
Is scummy scum? Sometimes town is deliberately scummy. My approach is a bit weird yes.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Towelie »

eh you may have just answered me

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

like i can't explain the kyo read or why he wants the day to end, but givent hose givens, his play seems kinda fine to me and i don't take much issue with it

not sure if i explained that as well i can but i'm not sure how to articulate the thought exactly
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1053, Venus Fly Trap wrote:like i can't explain the kyo read or why he wants the day to end, but givent hose givens, his play seems kinda fine to me and i don't take much issue with it

not sure if i explained that as well i can but i'm not sure how to articulate the thought exactly
I'll put a pin in it for now, but I'm still pretty solidly in the kyo-town corner (and likely will be until something is actually explained!)

I'm meh about an MM vote. Its not the worst vote in the world, no. Not confident it flips scum either. I don't know why either alignment of MM sticks on the gamma push so long?
f the steelers
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1051, Critter wrote:
In post 1048, Gamma Emerald wrote:I kinda wanna vote Critter here because his approach feels vaguely scummy rn
Is scummy scum? Sometimes town is deliberately scummy. My approach is a bit weird yes.
This feels like a weird card for you to pull atp
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1053, Venus Fly Trap wrote:his play seems kinda fine to me and i don't take much issue with it
i mean "kinda fine" [excepting some things that don't seem trivial that you said you don't understand reasons for] i feel like doesn't result in w/

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1055, Gamma Emerald wrote:
i'm still pulling notty off the ceiling from 1051 lol

-b
f the steelers
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1057, Towelie wrote:
In post 1055, Gamma Emerald wrote:
i'm still pulling notty off the ceiling from 1051 lol

-b
Dude’s got skills if he’s on the ceiling. I mean Gamma calling me weird when I say I am being weird is like lol.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Critter
I re-looked at Critter’s early posting and idk what made me like it before
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Towelie »

I think notty's issue is that he thinks you're being somewhat, well, i don't want to put the words in his mouth, but "off" (and kind of in your own words there) but the whole time have trying to make him seem unreasonable

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1056, Towelie wrote:
In post 1053, Venus Fly Trap wrote:his play seems kinda fine to me and i don't take much issue with it
i mean "kinda fine" [excepting some things that don't seem trivial that you said you don't understand reasons for] i feel like doesn't result in w/

-b
i don't know why he has that thought process but given that this seems to be how he's approaching the game rn the rest follows and makes sense to me

i was trying to say that i don't have the issues with it htat u do
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 1060, Towelie wrote:I think notty's issue is that he thinks you're being somewhat, well, i don't want to put the words in his mouth, but "off" (and kind of in your own words there) but the whole time have trying to make him seem unreasonable

-b
Correct. I am off, and he is being unreasonable.

Stop being silly Gamma.

This doesn’t end well.
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Towelie »

Don't think critter's the play today.

we're at like 60% of a sync =/. mostly i don't know what i'm doing.

VOTE: m&m

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

why mm now >.>
like i'm not complaining but i don't get what changed
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Towelie »

you sure sound like you're complaining

but i wanted to compromise and i said earlier if i didn't know what to do i was probably going to sheep LLD today. Noddy doesn't object to this and my main issue w/ it is "i don't get what the fuck they're doing" which i acknowledge isn't very good of a reason. Also don't think too many more things are going to happen organically atm.

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1029, Towelie wrote:I find a bigger contradiction in him being okay to cede control to LLD over MM, who he thinks is town.
this is notsci?
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Towelie »

and sorry if i sound annoyed but if you want to use ELO as a crutch to hold me to a high standard then i am absolutely going to use tenet as a "if you really want to read me in another setting that i feel is similar, you've got ample subject matter"

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Towelie »

that post was him, yes

-b
f the steelers
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1067, Towelie wrote:ELO
ebwop: perpetual MELO

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 919, Towelie wrote:M&M: I agree w/ everything you said in your post about them, but like, none of that seems like it's scummy other than the double-down, and my biggest issue was that there was a whole paragraph of qualifying non AI stuff before you got there. Even so, what is their objective here as scum other than pushing a read you don't agree with?

Edit: this is one of the first blurbs I wrote over this wall-ish post and seeing holistically where I came out elsewhere I'm a little more sympathetic to your read here. I'm not writing this slot off because I genuinely don't understand their motivation to act how they're acting atm, but I guess I don't see any obvious scum motivation here other than to maybe create a distraction which seems of limited utility to me. For people saying pooky is acting like bloodstained, people should probably realize that pooky was legitimately trying to get elimed in bloodstained because it skipped a day. We're not going to see him playing for that objective regardless of alignment. I generally feel like pooky becomes a little easier to read as the game goes on. Not much experience w/ noraa other than I was very frustrated w/ her slot in tenet before she repped out and was town. This feels pretty similar to me in that regard.
like i want to be wagonign there but i'm gonna be honest i don't know if i understand ur progression
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Towelie »

i have no idea what you're trying to say

-b
f the steelers
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1067, Towelie wrote:and sorry if i sound annoyed but if you want to use ELO as a crutch to hold me to a high standard then i am absolutely going to use tenet as a "if you really want to read me in another setting that i feel is similar, you've got ample subject matter"

-b
i thought we were dropping this but ok

i think if ur capable of obvtownign the fact that you're not is worrying, and i'm not sure why i should be using tenet as a baseline and not elo
In post 1071, Towelie wrote:i have no idea what you're trying to say

-b
you've been arguing with me basically since i started posting that you dont' think m&m is scummy so i don't get your vote or what changed

also it's getting kinda late so i'm gonna bounce and sleep, but we can continue tomorrow! :)
Towelie
Towelie
Goon
Towelie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Towelie »

In post 1072, Venus Fly Trap wrote:and i'm not sure why i should be using tenet as a baseline and not elo

they're both towngames; why would you not look at both lol

-b
you've been arguing with me basically since i started posting that you dont' think m&m is scummy so i don't get your vote or what changed
I don't think a ton has changed other lld has moved there (which i straight up said contributed) and my inability to solve particularly well today. I didn't have some kind of grand revelation.

I was a bit sloppy in that i kinda combined my thoughts on M&M as a slot as well as your stance on them in kind of a single blurb which i will readily admit to not having a ton of cohesion in, but i'm still getting my bearings on that slot re: their motivation to claim "jester cop" or whatever the fuck and tussle w/ gamma, and at the same time trying to distill your initial reasons for scumreading the slot considering a lot of the stuff you seemed to say at the time reflected a lack of understanding rather than something you think exhibits scum motivation.

-b
f the steelers
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Reread Critter ISO and ...ugh. I'm glad I voted there. It's a lot of getting ultra-defensive of light-to-nonexistent pressure, and then pushing whoever hasn't already had a wagon built on them and asking for folks to jump on board without further explanation. Bad look. There's almost nothing that could be considered proper scumhunting (granted, I think that's true of the majority of players right now, self included!) and several bizarre detours -- ssbm got a push, then me, and then back to ssbm when literally begging for people to wagon me failed, for example.

I think bears also flip red, but I think Critter can escape certain doom easier than they can, so long as we remember it's Pooky and Noraa we're dealing with. Not run-of-the-mill scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”