Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 485, Critter wrote:
In post 484, Wisdom wrote:
In post 475, Critter wrote:Kyo’s slot has burned the cred Toog built.
the what
Toog was scummier than Kyouko
Toog was not. Toog was very townie. That argument with LLD seemed really genuine. I had Toog as top tier town before Kyo reppd in.
I feel like Toog was mildly towny for the reasons you bring up, but don’t feel like Kyo’s been awful either
I’m slightly curious why she chose to TR me for the post she did, ig
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 514, Wisdom wrote:"id sheep a wagon on x" is considered pushing?
I’d say yes
Not in a strong sense, mind, but it does apply some pressure IMO
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I don't think Toog's opinion on me was AI. I think the reasons for Toog's focus on me might be, but the genuineness of Toog's opinions on me are very clearly just what Toog thinks of me and so you shouldn't be using genuineness as a read factor there.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Gamma Emerald wrote:
I’d say yes
For the purposes of Kyouko's argument it really doesn't
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Subject: Large Normal 233 | Mafia PT
ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Going to have to look up babysitter. Hello everyone :)
looked at a random scum PT from kyouko, this reinforces my read that she wouldn't vote an outed IC as scum (again, idc for wifom logic)
<Embrace The Void>

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Wisdom »

I dont get it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 526, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’d say yes
Semantics. It's expressing support, but I wouldn't consider it a push.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 530, Wisdom wrote:I dont get it
scum that game had a babysitter enabler
if kyouko's thought upon seeing that was to look up what babysitter was, I imagine scum!kyouko replacing in would inquire as to whether there was any major developments
for kyouko to be scum, imo that would very likely mandate the other scum also be pretty removed from the game, which narrows things down considerably I think
<Embrace The Void>

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

Oh ok
Like i said, i find it more likely that she knew lld was ic and voted anyway so that doesnt change anything for me
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Critter »

Let me answer this since I am the person who said it. I don’t consider it pushing directly. It’s more of a “I like the vibes so could be scum but I want to sort here”.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Critter »

In post 531, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 526, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’d say yes
Semantics. It's expressing support, but I wouldn't consider it a push.
This. I support the wagon.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 466, Wisdom wrote:SM is almost certainly scum with that iso
Ok, so then can you point what you believe makes me scum?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you have any reads/thoughts?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Another random thing to note is English is my first and only language, so that’s a very odd assumption, and saying I’m new to forum Mafia is untrue fmpov, but that’s probably semantics (I know people who have been playing for years call a person who’s a couple months old in a game new), when I’ve been here for months. And it’s really weird since someone could easily look at my past games for either of these. I’m still just completely left wondering why they’re going through these efforts, especially as scum though??

Definitely want to talk more then.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 486, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 475, Critter wrote:
In post 468, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 466, Wisdom wrote:SM is almost certainly scum with that iso
THANK you, god damn.

It's pretty hard to sell that myself, but if someone whose brain isn't made of mildew and nematodes sees it too, maybe they'll be able to make the argument more gracefully than I can.
I’d sheep an SM wagon but I think there is a scum in Dunn/Kyo. Kyo’s slot has burned the cred Toog built.
Implying toog had cred, that slot was cringe. I'm not sold on SM being scum from a first read, I believe english is not his first language and that he's relatively new to forum mafia. Actually strikes me as a potentially easy mislim for scum so I'm suspicious of vague pushes on them at this point. There are plenty of players under the radar so far, and the focus on SM feels like it could be telling.
In post 501, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: SM feels like limbait so town. Flytrap is POE scum. Gonna check playerlist for the resr as others in game are escaping me.
This is what I’m referring to.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 538, StrangeMatter wrote:Another random thing to note is English is my first and only language, so that’s a very odd assumption, and saying I’m new to forum Mafia is untrue fmpov, but that’s probably semantics (I know people who have been playing for years call a person who’s a couple months old in a game new), when I’ve been here for months. And it’s really weird since someone could easily look at my past games for either of these. I’m still just completely left wondering why they’re going through these efforts, especially as scum though??

okay weird, I definitely read some of your other games' ISOs recently and could have sworn you mentioned a language issue, and most of your ego was newbies so I assumed you were new and ESL from the general clunkiness of your posts
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 540, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 538, StrangeMatter wrote:Another random thing to note is English is my first and only language, so that’s a very odd assumption, and saying I’m new to forum Mafia is untrue fmpov, but that’s probably semantics (I know people who have been playing for years call a person who’s a couple months old in a game new), when I’ve been here for months. And it’s really weird since someone could easily look at my past games for either of these. I’m still just completely left wondering why they’re going through these efforts, especially as scum though??

okay weird, I definitely read some of your other games' ISOs recently and could have sworn you mentioned a language issue, and most of your ego was newbies so I assumed you were new and ESL from the general clunkiness of your posts
Whatever your alignment please don’t assume someone is ESL from “clunkiness”. It could be a different way of upbringing, being on the spectrum, or just being different. Unless the clunkiness directly relates to alignment who cares? I prefer my posts a bit “clunkier” than most. StrangeMatter is scummy due to having no concrete opinion statements at this point in the game there’s a lot to comment on and they haven’t.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Not getting much out of me today, just a quick catchup post.

Dunn's still scum. Not letting that one go.

Critter, I also want to sort SM, but with so little to go on there's too much noise. I need more data, which means more content. If I'm just squashing the slot under pressure, something will eventually come out. Or they halt, catch fire and fall into the dead thread early on, which is a totally preventable disease under these circumstances so I am incapable of feeling guilty about it.

Wisdom, I don't have the time to give you the back and forth you need to be sortable. I have too much RL shit for the next day or so. Someone else who has time can smash you for content, and I'll make up my mind on you later. And if no one decides to do it, I'll need to push you myself, sure. But I don't want to be the dumbass who carries town on content extraction, then pushes green early and loses all credibility. No, I want to blow all my credibility on one big left-field push later in the game, you know?

But there's another way. Produce content of your own accord and I won't need to squash you to extract it. Then no one else needs to sprain their pinkies, and you remain push-free -- it's just sensible procedure.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

I'm tired. LLD tell me who to cop and imma just check off for the day.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

Pooky bear bear can do whatever but this is what imma be doing
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Oh! And Wisdom?

Posting contextless reads is not content. Have more than a single, solitary nuanced opinion. Nitpick semantics. Start a pointless fight. Something, anything that gives other people something to go off of.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Critter »

In post 542, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Not getting much out of me today, just a quick catchup post.

Dunn's still scum. Not letting that one go.

Critter, I also want to sort SM, but with so little to go on there's too much noise. I need more data, which means more content. If I'm just squashing the slot under pressure, something will eventually come out. Or they halt, catch fire and fall into the dead thread early on, which is a totally preventable disease under these circumstances so I am incapable of feeling guilty about it.

Wisdom, I don't have the time to give you the back and forth you need to be sortable. I have too much RL shit for the next day or so. Someone else who has time can smash you for content, and I'll make up my mind on you later. And if no one decides to do it, I'll need to push you myself, sure. But I don't want to be the dumbass who carries town on content extraction, then pushes green early and loses all credibility. No, I want to blow all my credibility on one big left-field push later in the game, you know?

But there's another way. Produce content of your own accord and I won't need to squash you to extract it. Then no one else needs to sprain their pinkies, and you remain push-free -- it's just sensible procedure.
Wisdom has content? Not sure what this is.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

This is what I'd read previously. I took it in conjunction with the general clunkiness of their posts that English is a second language for them. I also found that their posts were like that regardless of alignment.
In post 1231, StrangeMatter wrote:English is hard but I don't disagree that RPing can be a distraction for sure but also is very easy town cred if you ask me that early on.
Clearly I was skimming too fast when I read it.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Wisdom doesn't have content, but StrangeMatter doesn't either. As it happens, I pushed StrangeMatter first because it seemed more fruitful, and now that I've committed I'm not about to change my mind. Is it ideal play? Probably not! Is it play that will get some sort of results? Yeah, as soon as I have more than an hour or two of free time in a day. Sooner, if StrangeMatter realizes I have a tendency to not let go of dumb little things like "not jumping the second I say the word," "hyperposting," and "ever having a single post that can't be parsed as meaningful content." (Death Curse vets are either giggling or shuddering right now. Maybe both! I really do hope both.)
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Oh yeah, and in case it wasn't clear, Critter, those three examples of things I don't let go of are historical examples, not stuff SM is doing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”