elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Great game shaft.ed! Thanks for the fun!

I'm not sure I did the right thing by claiming that I was a killing role and offering to act as vig for the town. Not sure why that seemed like a good idea at the time... lol. I really did mean it though... as I tried to kill muerrto and killed tspn. Also, the night I died, I almost targetted LG, which would have also killed farside and made me fulfill my win condition. DOH! That's the only part I am bitter about -- that I almost killed LG and farside, but chose not to! I also thought mafia wouldn't kill me since more death usually benefits mafia. I was wrong!

I think I mostly thought claiming would let me live longer and I wanted to continue killing even if it was technically not fulfilling my win condition. Killing is just so fun... ah the power!

Good game all!

farside - I thought it was funny how we were on opposite sides but were sort of working together... :)

PF - Alpaca sandwich was a good time! :)
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

EK: I really don't know how I felt you were being scummy. Glad I lived.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

:raising eyebrows: there is a reason I have a cane all I need now is a purple suit.

Had you killed Gurgi instead of Ninja, I don't know if that would have gotten farside either. Gurgi had some Night protections just like Muerto. You would have lowered Gurgi's protections sure but would that count as killing farside too?
You'll have to ask Shaft.ed on that.

SpyreX drew you and Internet saved him and thus saving farside earlier in the game. So perhaps you should really blame the SpyreX and the internet. Part of me wishes you had counted as a winner somehow like how I had the 2 win conditions but I had the red herring not you. :(

Had you killed Farside already before your claim I don't know I'd have believed you since it would have made you alot like Gaspard's fake claim from one of Mith's california Games. Either way GG and thanks for your help elvis.

@People I questioned,
You can post the exact words I said to you during the night now without paraphrasing if you want to.

Me bluffing and just giving bits and pieces without saying I knew what tobacconist did early on may have helped had I kept up the charade instead of saying what it did to get thoughts on Elvis. Me not saying it makes me win would have kept Muerto silent and made me check him next night. He said in his QT that he would claim next day if I did check him. And I would have know he was lying imediatly then because I didn't win and he would have no excuse for it. He couldn't say he lost any powers. The tobacconist search had the power to uncover fake claimers very well. And I could have also used it to confirm Farside as hider since I would not have gotten response from her had I checked her when she was hiding.

So my skill could:
1) confirm myself as HT
2) confirm farside could hide
3) Provide Laughter
4) and possibly out scum pending when, how, and if they claimed tobacconist.

Role was more useful than I realized. Should have pushed harder on Muerto for problems I had with his claim despite me wanting an answer to the search. Conflict of interests right there. GG all
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:19 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Just had time for a few thoughts.

Overall this game was a lot of fun to run. I didn't really expect the night actions to interweave so effectively but they did...a lot.

I also didn't expect a town blow out. I was very much worried about a scum blow out given the three anit-town kills per night. But scum were lucky to get two. That's mainly why I had such distributed power. Granted town had a cop, a watcher and a tracker but they were all somewhat handicaped. I was actually a bit happy that mafia helped "balance" the game night 1 taking out the cop. Though I was very sad to see imagiBruce go, that role was fun. I think the town dominance was just a combination of poor scum play and Doc pwnage. I was amazed when chenhsi claimed his partner's role, even more amazed that Muerrto and TSPN kept their cool and didn't explode on the spot. Also coming into this game I always saw Docs as rather weak. But it became pretty clear that when used correctly (or maybe getting crazy lucky) they are very powerful. Definitely a learning experience as previously I'd just "throw in" a Doc for a little bit of town love.

I was also very happy that certain players got certain roles. PokerFace being the Hungarin Tourist was a lot of fun. The role was designed almost entirely to entertain the mod through the course of the game, and he did a great job if it. He was constantly asking me questions about how to obtain his cigarettes, the whole time not wanting to admit they were a red herring (even though he started out at 85% likelihood). Really surprised he didn't just drop the cig hunt at the end given how handily the town was winning. I'll get the translations up later today. I was also glad imaginality got Bruce. He (and the town actually) did a really good job with the post restriction. It was almost like he didn't have one. And I have to add I was really surprised that two scum faked a post restriction and I got multiple PM's from people complaining they didn't get one. I was also glad farside22 and elvis got the Wedding Party/Sir Lancelot roles. The back and forth was a lot of fun to watch. I was also glad elvis killed Luigi night 1. Not only did she get rid of a lurker, she released the cult red herring. The Brian role was more designed to make said player paranoid and the town to jump on them for talking about cults all the time.

I do wish the game had gotten into a tighter ending. I had specifically designed a few roles that were almost useless at the start but could be intriuging at LyLo or closer. Unfortunately most of them got killed off early and end game never really came. Iron Man's role was designed with the idea that he could still play for a draw even if outnumbered going into the night. He could theoretically cause mafia to have to kill their own partners. Mirth's role was rather useless but could be very interesting with only a single killing role left alive as she could act as a self protecting Doc if she guessed right. I also though Azimuth's roleblocking would be interesting to see coming as he ran out of people to block. I was curious to see if he would bluff a normal roleblocker at end game to force the scum into a different play. Also imagJordan's tiger kill was designed for instances with an "extra" townie at LyLo. I was curious if he'd try to use it in such a situation.

Anyway thanks a lot for the great game everyone, especially the speedy replacements. I'm glad most of you had fun.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Also figured I'd post the fake claim's I gave to mafia:
-The following roles are certaintly not in the game:
King Arthur
The Tobaccanist
Mr Creosote
Hank the Mosquito Hunter
I was surprised the mafia weren't laughing at PF during the night given they knew he could never get his cigarettes.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Thx big time Shaft.ed. I need to loose how I focus too much on my role vs my focus on pushing those I think are scum. I went and put a nom in for the game's enjoyment in the scummies.

Had I died what would my role have been revealed as?

Do you know why I was not killed night 1? Was there a conditional night kill message?

Later Shaft.ed and thanx
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:34 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Thanks a lot for the Nom.

Your role would have been revealed as Cigarette Hunter.

I don't know why, but the scum changed their mind last minute on Night 1. I was really surprised when I got the PM because it contradicted with the Quick Topic thread.

Thanks a lot for playing. You were one of the key players that kept the game moving at a good pace, and you really did a nice job scum hunting (though as you said you dropped a lot of your good leads in favor of nicotine :wink: ). I was really surprised Gurgi wasn't lynched after you pulled out the Albatross quotes from Your Are What You Eat.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:I was surprised the mafia weren't laughing at PF during the night given they knew he could never get his cigarettes.
Read my posts. I am a poker player and I bluffed/lied a few times as to who I could get the from and what they would do. I only came clean during the Elvis incident. Strappado noted I was lieing. I even went so far as to act like part of my PM was not in english.
PokerFace wrote:
@Strappado,

I said perhaps I could use it to catch someone in a lie because I guess I have high hopes. I suppose I'm not sure if someone would lie or not as scum to something like this but I would think they'd be more tempted to lie if they were scum. I atleast want to make heads or tails of my pattern should there be one for my own acomplishment.

Also I believe I myself gave reasons why I question Muerto being the tobacconist. Reasons I doubt him. I gave that in quite a few posts and yet no one has seemed to make a comment. A scumo being able to successfully fake a claim of tobacconist has alot to gain if it keeps him alive and away from being lynched.

As far as me posting alot in big posts I do that in all my games regardless of any alignment. I suppose I over think and like to write since I write as a hobby.
And I was not exactly lieing. I know it will make me win that part was in english but some other parts were not in english or that easy to understand. Damn this phrase book.
And I have the general impression more can happen and have always had that impression when you consider the possibility of my action effecting two people.

You want to answer my questions now or have me find any questions I may have made back on day 1?

MORE IMPORTANTLY, when you finally revealed what you role did Strap, you said it would be useful to try and watch someone you thought would die and then you went on to watch Azimuth, Muerto, and Gurgi. What made you think those people would be killed by scum?
I know how to play roles well. I am an actor in real life. That and the extreme number of power role heavy setups I play in on IRC have condition me to enjoy roles a little too much I guess. I am not a detective in real life so I do still need some work scum hunting. I rarely wind up with an investigative role just by luck. I am glad though some of you guys have given me props for what I did do. thanx and gg all
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Part of me wanted someone to fake claim tobabconist and catch them in a lie, part of me just wanted to win the game strait up, part of me just wanted any kind of answer since I thought there was some pattern to my phrases. Conflict of interests bigtime.

I wanted to win strait up and go on a power trip since I couldn't loose. I went on a power trip of gambits in Clerks Mafia when I tricked everyone into thinking I was a "survivor tracker watcher combo role" (Security Camera) instead of being just a nilla townie. Gambit worked mainly on principle of me winning with anybody. I wanted to pull some tricks like that again. Give PF too much power and he will go nuts. Give PF too little power and he may loose heart not posting too much. I will continue to working on breaking these habbits as I have fun playing mafia
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:24 am

Post by imaginality »

shaft.ed wrote:Also imagJordan's tiger kill was designed for instances with an "extra" townie at LyLo. I was curious if he'd try to use it in such a situation.
Actually the tiger did come in useful, even though I didn't release it. Because I wasn't sure how broad the 'someone you suspect' in the role PM was, I figured that the best way to ensure the tiger didn't kill the wrong person would be if we were able to narrow down the possible suspects logically. If no-one but A or B could be scum . Thinking of ways we could narrow down the suspects is how I came up with the plan for the night actions.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Mirth »

Great game Shafted. I kept reading after dying. Though your list of night actions is a bit wrong. I targetted Spyrex night 1.

will go ditto the scummy nom because this was fun to read even though i spent most of the game being dead.

and to those wondering, i was one of the folks complaining about the lack of post restriction.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Mirth »

oh. last comment from me. chenshi and k7 were driving me insane. i really really hope the two of them actually start playing for now on.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:57 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Mirth thanks for pointing out the SpyreX targeting. I checked my logs and it was lost in translation, not a mistake on night action processing.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, sorry you died so early :(
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 am

Post by The Internet »

PF, what you said exactly: Five nostril boils for the pet skunk. What I said back: Pokerface?Is that you? I'm sorry, I have no cigarettes.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 am

Post by imaginality »

PF's question to me came through as:
Your back hair is soft and supple like a goat.
I replied:
Yes, I can sell you cigarettes and a book of matches.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Night 1

PokerFace outbound message:
"Can you give me, PokerFace, cigarettes and a book of matches?"
-Translation-
"Will you eminate my naughty alpaca, extravert contians many metatarsus please?"

sent to: elvis_knits who replied:
Yes. I <3 alpacas.
-Translation-
a anya birtokol elefántszer bokák

TheSweatPantsNinja outbound message:
1. Who did you use your night ability on?

2. What abilities do your role give you?

3. What alignment are you?

sent to SpyreX who replied:
1.) Strap
2.) Taunting, like I said
3.) Town (part of the Union I think is the specific)

Night 2

Pokerface outbound message:
"Can you scratch my eel?"
-Translation-
"Five nostril boils for the pet skunk"

sent to: The Internet who replied:
"Pokerface?Is that you? I'm sorry, I have no cigarettes.
-Tanslation-
a nővér csípődobást hajt végre volna több látogató mint a Eiffel Torony

TheSweatpantsNinja questioned The Internet:
1. Are you a member of the Evil Egocentric Character's Union. I am not.

2. Are you a member of a cult? I am not, yet.

3. If you have buddies, who are they? I have no buddies.

Night 3

Pokerface outbound message:
ÉN akarat nem vesz ez feljegyzés ez karmolt és az én -m légpárnás hajó van teli -ból angolnák
-Translation-
Your back hair is soft and supple like a goat.

sent to imaginality, who replied:
Yes, I can sell you cigarettes and a book of matches.
-Translation-
a apa bugyi van rózsaszín és fényes

TheSweatpantsNinja quesitoned Muerrto:
Did you post in the game day 1?
-yes
Did you post in the game day 2?
-yes
Did you post in the game day 3?
-yes

Night 4-

Sent to Muerrto:
A szag között -a lábak vonz a szomszédság kutyák
Translation:
My cucumber is low on oil, may I have another?

who replied:
I don't have any cucumbers but I have a zucchini.
Translation:
A szag között -a lábak vonz a szomszédság kutyák

Night 5-

Sent to Muerrto:
ÉN akarat nem vesz ez feljegyzés ez karmolt és az én -m légpárnás hajó van teli -ból angolnák
Translation:
I've lost my tennis ball, will you please bend over?

who replied:
Here are some cigarettes and matches.
Translation:
a anya van több laza mint egy öt év old's fog
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Muerrto »

SpyreX wrote:Muerrto: now knowing you are scum, was our little spat put out of context some or is it time for our question thread about the definition of scum? :)
Lol cult =/= scum. But I knew the cult was a red herring since Tobacconist was too and it didn't seem like anyone was teaming up.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Azimuth »

Well, I'm glad there wasn't a cult. It doesn't explain why so many people agreed with Gurgi's weak arguments against me, but there we are. It's probably just as well I was lynched, though, since I was wrong about nearly everything else. :D

However, I'm still a bit disturbed that killa seven gave incomplete information that led to Iron Man's lynch. He didn't even bother to explain after the fact, and that would have kept me on his trail throughout the game.

PokerFace, I have to admit I still don't understand most of your arguments, but congratulations on figuring things out. I was worried that you were acting too pro-town to be pro-town, but I'm glad I was wrong.

This was my first large game, and possibly my last. I just don't know how people handle these things; I always felt like I was miles behind and could never fully catch up. Still, I loved the flavor and the characters and everything else shaft.ed brought to the game. Thanks for a fun time!
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Thanks for the kind words guys.

So...does anyone want to replace into my Mini [/shamelss plug]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys.

I would but 4 mini's is the limit. :cry:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

farside22 wrote:

No problem, and your son is getting cuter by the day :P
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
farside22 wrote:

No problem, and your son is getting cuter by the day :P
Damn proud of it too. :P
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not me right now shaft.ed. I'll have to pass just this time. by the way it took me awhile to find these links. Never found one properly involving one of the "Naughty Bits" sketches (If someone else finds one, Post it!) but I still had to post these.
Azimuth wrote:That will have to be enough for now, since I refuse to deprive myself of sleep for this game. (For watching the Olympics, maybe - - but not for this game.) :D
<Boooo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16iNk1hL ... re=related
Silly olympics
strappado wrote:my bad, the girls keep getting mixed up in my head, Elvis, Mirth farside...good god, grow a penis and differentiate yourselves :P All women look alike to me

I think this game has more females in it than any other game I've played...shaft.ed's such a ladies man :P
Prolly all his time spent in the "Period" thread.

So yeah, nevermind the first part of my last post, but the 2nd still stands. I want to hear an explanation from Luigi, we could be mistaking his intentions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGRPFUYU ... re=related

And had I ever died in this game I would have posted this. God bless you Graham Chapman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHk9WC7fnQ

GG and later all.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I forgot about the original Englsih phrases that I was translating into Hungarian (don't speak it if that wasn't obvious).

a anya birtokol elefántszer bokák:
Your mother has elephantine ankles

a nővér csípődobást hajt végre volna több látogató mint a Eiffel Torony:
Your sister's buttocks have more visitors than the Eiffel Tower

a apa bugyi van rózsaszín és fényes:
Your father's panties are pink and shiny

A szag között -a lábak vonz a szomszédság kutyák:
The odor emitted from between your legs attracts the neighborhood dogs

a anya van több laza mint egy öt év old's fog:
Your mother is looser than a five year old's tooth
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't speak it either and the online translator I had was far off in some areas.
PokerFace wrote:ok I translated it.

the mother there is more lax than one five year old's you will

Damn this phrasebook nonsence is confusing
That last one is alot more hillarious now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”