Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Kinetic »

Natirasha wrote:Do you have a reason I should reveal that information?
Can we PLEASE give him a reason to reveal information that is very beneficial to the town?

Also, I pose this question to the town: Day 1, what alignment would most likely HAVE this much information?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Kinetic wrote:
Can we PLEASE give him a reason to reveal information that is very beneficial to the town?

Also, I pose this question to the town: Day 1, what alignment would most likely HAVE this much information?
First of all, how many alignments are in your role PM?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vote: Cybele
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Natirasha »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
While I can understand, would you like to explain this?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by veerus »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Might want to unvote me first as Tar already mentioned earlier...
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Natirasha wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

One, Town, your turn.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by veerus »

First of all, I shall
UNFOS all my current FOS targets
. (can I do this,
mod
? or do I have to list them all?) My reasoning for this is that up until now my FOS targets have been for early-game lurking and not game related reasons.

Here are a couple of things I picked up while catching up on the weekend's action:

The survivor claim idea is ridiculous and, as pointed out in 223 by armlx, we would never see one. In fact, the people who have jumped on this idea (kinetic/cybele) currently seem suspicious as hell as it looks like a coordinated attempt between two scum-partners to try and encourage the town into voting for a townie under unrealistic pretenses.

Also, FL's apparent confidence that there ARE two survivors seems suspicious.
FOS: forbiddanlight

In addition, as Natirasha pointed out earlier, based on my role PM I can also deduce that there are at least 5 alignments present in the game. Which also implies that my enemies likely have similar win conditions to mine only with roles obviously reversed. Kinetic's and Empking's failure to understand this and attempts to force Nat to explain it makes me think that their role's win condition is, at the very least, anti-me and quite likely anti-town.
FOS: Empking

I do not really consider Kinetic's "bus" statement a slip as he might've just failed to find a proper verb at the time for what he was trying to say. However, his survivor-based attacks on Natirasha have the "eager scum" feel to them. His pressure on Nat to reveal alignment information only helps support that.

vote: Kinetic
FOS: Cybele
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by veerus »

EBWOP:

Simul-post..
Kinetic wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

One, Town, your turn.
I feel really confident in my vote now considering this is a blatant lie since in Tar's queue game-start post it was implicitly stated that this game will have:
Multiple factions - the setup is very heavily faction-based. All players will have
at least two
separate win conditions, of which that player need only fulfill one to win, and the game will end when a faction fulfills its win condition.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by veerus »

Err.. EBWOP again:

I just noticed that the question was about alignments and not win conditions. Either way, I'm pretty sure Nat's question was referring to all the alignments mentioned and not just his own alignment. And as there are at least two win conditions, it stands to reason that there are at least 3 alignments in any one role PM. Which still supports my earlier comment that Kinetic is making things up rather than trying to reveal any truthful information. Therefore his win conditions are likely different from mine and are thus anti-me and anti-town.
-Fight Club
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"We never had a chance. You say we could have won, but you weren't there, you didn't see them! When I looked at those ships, I…I didn't just see my death — I saw the death of the whole damn human race!" - Jeffery Sinclair

Still searching for a replacement for soaperguy29. Now searchig for a replacement for Tovarish to boot.

Mana_Ku and cr3t1n are being prodded (first prod for each). I should have done this yesterday. Expect a bunch of prods tomorrow unless several players show up.

UnFoSing all players you are FoSing works (if you UnFoS while you have multiple outstanding FoS'es and you do not specify which players you are UnFoSing, I will assume you are UnFoSing all of them.)

Also, I would like to remind certain players that unvoting is necessary in this game (unless you have no outstanding vote). - Tar

The Ninth Vote Count (aka the "Believers" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

VisMaior (2) - cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer), armlx
Empking (0)
malthusis (0)
Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon) (4) - Darox (rep. seraphim), Natirasha, forbiddanlight, VisMaior
Cybele (3) - armlx, MafiaSSK, pacman281292
MafiaSSK (1) - Mana_Ku
armlx (0)
Darox (rep. seraphim) (0)
forbiddanlight (0)
populartajo (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
Natirasha (2) - Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon), Cybele
veerus (1) - DrippingGoofball
The Internet (1) - Tovarish
DrippingGoofball (1) - The Internet
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer) (2) - RandomGem, malthusis
pacman281292 (0)
RandomGem (0)
hp [leaves] (1) - Empking
soaperguy21 (0)
Tovarish (1) - veerus

Not Voting (3): populartajo, hp [leaves], soaperguy29

Votes required to lynch: 12

FoS Count:

VisMaior
Empking (2) - forbiddanlight, veerus
malthusis
Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon)
Cybele (3) - Kinetic (rep. MBPikamon), Natirasha, veerus
MafiaSSK (1) - malthusis
armlx (1) - VisMaior
Darox (rep. seraphim) (1) - hp [leaves]
forbiddanlight (3) - Empking, Kinetic, veerus
populartajo
Mana_Ku
Natirasha (1) - forbiddanlight
veerus
The Internet
DrippingGoofball
cr3t1n (rep. Blitzer) (1) - malthusis
pacman281292
RandomGem (1) - pacman281292
hp [leaves] (1) - Kinetic
soaperguy21
Tovarish

Current Deadline:
October 24, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
October 17, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Cybele »

veerus wrote:The survivor claim idea is ridiculous and, as pointed out in 223 by armlx, we would never see one. In fact, the people who have jumped on this idea (kinetic/cybele) currently seem suspicious as hell as it looks like a coordinated attempt between two scum-partners to try and encourage the town into voting for a townie under unrealistic pretenses.
You've misread something because i've actually been arguing
against
the survivor claim, or at least as far as to say that it's stupid to expect or ask them to claim. In fact, if I wanted survivors to claim, why would I vote the guy who first suggested it, Natirasha?

However, Kinetic's slip-up about the number of WCs in his PM means he's obviously lying about something.
unvote, FoS Kinetic
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I'm not lying about anything. He asked alignments, not win conditions. Big difference. I only have one alignment... Town... He's the one claiming to be more than one alignment...

You can have multiple win conditions and still be of one alignment. Particularly, I know that my two win conditions are practically the same and both of them are considered "town".

I feel like I'm in a room with idiots.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hell, why don't we do a win condition claim. We don't have to explain our win conditions, people who have the same ones will know what they mean, we just need to claim the win conditions name.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by veerus »

Whoops... I called DrippingGoofball on it and forgot to do it myself..

Unvote; Vote: Kinetic

Kinetic, you seem eager to claim, so I suggest you start.
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are connecting us together, both implicitly and explicitly. Just because you're linking us together as survivors and not mafia does not mean you did not EXPLICITLY argue a link. Even in your rebuttal you used the SAME link to try and prove you didn't make a link. In fact you VOTED Cybele even though by your own admission you don't think that he's scum! If you DIDN'T think he was scum then why did you vote for him? All you have is a possibility that he MIGHT be a survivor based on an argument I made and that he (albeit way too quickly) agreed with.
A third party is for all intents and purposes not scum. Survivor masons sounds farfetched. I'm not connecting you two no matter how much ad nauseum you throw at me. You two are probably survivors, of different flavors, since instantly a bandwagon forms on the biggest threat to you. Hmmm...

There is no strawman in my argument.

End of conversation. I'm not going to fight semantics here. You said it, if you didn't mean that, then say that you didn't mean to, but don't turn it around on me because what you said (and continue to say) is very clear.
Bullshit. I never connected you two, and anyone THINKING could tell that.

As a matter of fact, I ask everyone, did I connect Cybele and Kinetic by calling them survivors? Please answer?

If you want to have a logical fallacy-off, I can play that game too, but it's just a distraction. I show you how your argument is a fallacy, you show me how mine could be a fallacy, blah blah blah. In the meantime the scum win. I'm going to end it here and now before it becomes a distraction.
Because I'm right

Forbiddenlight: You may want to rethink that whole 'Cybele is a survivor' theory. The biggest gap: I've my recent actions have, effectively, thrown myself into the fire, something rather counterintuitive for a survivor, dont'cha think? Also, I'd tell you why I'm not likely to be scumbuddies with Kinetic, but he's already beat me to it.
If you don't think you'll actually be lynched for it. It's WIFOM. I would take an obvious chance like that if I thought I could pull out. It really depends on your confidence, not the situation.

Also, FL's apparent confidence that there ARE two survivors seems suspicious. FOS: forbiddanlight

Actually, at least two. For now, I think Nat is telling the truth about THAT. I don't trust him, but he wouldn't lie about everything. The best lies have seeds of truth. Interesting call for a massclaim, by the way, kinetic.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm pretty sure at least one of Nat and Kinetic is not "town". There's even a possibility of both, though I doubt both are "scum".

Using those terms loosely due to the possibility of conflicting WCs.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by armlx »

Oh, and
Unvote
. I'll take 50/50 at worst odds over a D1 suspicion. Not going to vote until we have more info on the situation, but I'm seeing Nat the least likely to be "town" here but Kinetic as most likely to be "scum".
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by Kinetic »

veerus wrote:The survivor claim idea is ridiculous and, as pointed out in 223 by armlx, we would never see one. In fact, the people who have jumped on this idea (kinetic/cybele) currently seem suspicious as hell as it looks like a coordinated attempt between two scum-partners to try and encourage the town into voting for a townie under unrealistic pretenses.

I do not really consider Kinetic's "bus" statement a slip as he might've just failed to find a proper verb at the time for what he was trying to say. However, his survivor-based attacks on Natirasha have the "eager scum" feel to them. His pressure on Nat to reveal alignment information only helps support that.

vote: Kinetic
FOS: Cybele
Umm, what? Here, let me fix your perception...
Quick wrap up of what has happened so far wrote:
Natirasha wrote:...My role implies that there are at least two survivors in this game. I want them to come forward ...
Empking wrote:Yeah, if you're a survivor claim.
Kinetic wrote:Long Fucking Post which basically says I don't understand why Survivors would claim, would Nat please clarify some questions I have.
armlx wrote:I'm down with Survivors claiming.
VisMaior wrote:
Natirasha wrote:game. I want them to come forward and tell me why I shouldn't kill them right now
"Come forward so I can kill you!"
Err... Do I have to point out ... Nah.
Ok, first off, I was against the whole survivor claim idea, not for it, as shown above. A lot of people were for it, I didn't understand them or anyone else on why a survivor would claim, and instead of someone answering me they all just blew it over...

I'm glad you as well have linked me and Cybele -.-;;; See what you did FL. SEE WHAT YOU DID! :P

Anyway, if I get this right: You think that my attacks are ones coming from a survivor, so that makes them look scummy... and thus I'm scum? Isn't a survivor a neutral role, not scum? Am I lost? I am so confused... >.>
veerus wrote:Kinetic, you seem eager to claim, so I suggest you start.
I see what you did there.

I have no problem with claiming, however, I have my conditions.

First, everyone must agree that this claim will go through to everyone. If someone tries to dodge it, we need a consensus that we will lynch them.

Second, I'll generate (or someone else can if you think I have some magical powers) using the boards dice rollers, a completely random order in which claims will happen. That way no one can challenge that the claims were done unfairly.

If these two conditions are agreed upon, I believe we will have a fair and quick claim.
forbiddanlight wrote:You two are probably survivors, of different flavors, since instantly a bandwagon forms on the biggest threat to you. Hmmm...
First, think ONLY of me. ONLY KINETIC. Don't talk about Cybele. I don't give a fuck about Cybele. Mention Cybele in your reply to ME and you're linking the two of us, for better or for worse. Only respond to things I've done, and that I've said. If you respond to things CYBELE has done and used them to justify thoughts about me, then you are LINKING us together and prejudicing your responses to ME based on something CYBELE did. I really don't understand how you can't see that as a form of linking... You can hardly say a sentence without mentioning us both together. Stop it.

Second, you keep throwing that tag on me, Survivor this, survivor that. You totally belittle all of my arguments without even evaluating them by throwing that tag on them. You're biasing yourself and everyone else. Poisoning the Well.

You tell me I'm a survivor, then since I'm a survivor in your book, all my arguments are obviously flawed because, obviously Nat is the biggest threat to me (How, pray tell, is he a threat to me?). I havn't heard of Nat having some magical ability to kill survivors. Does he? If he did, yea, IF I was a survivor, that MIGHT be a threat. But I'm not, he hasn't said he does, so your entire argument there is conjecture that is completely meaningless. READ my original arguments. Everything that you read originally that you didn't totally throw out of hand you AGREED with. So I challenge you, AGAIN, think of me as not a survivor, read my arguments, and challenge the ARGUMENTS, not the person.

forbiddanlight wrote:

If you want to have a logical fallacy-off, I can play that game too, but it's just a distraction. I show you how your argument is a fallacy, you show me how mine could be a fallacy, blah blah blah. In the meantime the scum win. I'm going to end it here and now before it becomes a distraction.
Because I'm right
lol. Let it go.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 am

Post by The Internet »

Unvote
FOS: Kinetic
I'm opposed to a win condition claim. Kinetic, just one question, what is the name of the "town"
cr3t1n
cr3t1n
Goon
cr3t1n
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 am

Post by cr3t1n »

tar hit me with a stik
his mean
malthusis wrote:
y rnt u lookin at other ppl who r lurkin

voet: VismAior

Uh, VisMajor just voted yesterday.
his not sayin nething

r u suspishus of him
hp [leaves] wrote:Any survivor/villager claims would hurt the town so it isn't a good time for it.
i fink hp is a surviver
wat do u fink
plz reply quickly
im exelent at mafier
cr3t1n
cr3t1n
Goon
cr3t1n
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:51 am

Post by cr3t1n »

The Internet wrote:Just letting everyone know my thoughts. I think the survivors should claim if they feel it would help, and I think ant should full claim before the town tries to force them to claim. Cybele is fairly scummy, but I think I'll wait for him to drop another tell or at least reply. Kinetic seems to be normal, but I wouldn't rule him out as survivor.
l0lwut

y r ppl sayin town wen evry1 has 2 win condishuns
they r scummy
im exelent at mafier
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:26 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

If everyone has 2 win conditions why can't we all just do the easier of the two?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:30 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Can anyone give cr3t1n leesons how to post in normal English :roll:?
I know that I'm not the best, but even I'm better.

Kinetic, what does the town gain from the win condition claim?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 am

unvote, vote: Cybele
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 am

Mind you, after reading the posts intervening between my vote yesterday, and my vote today, Kinetic's post is alarming.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”