cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

In post 249, numberQ wrote:@cows, what's with the vote and subsequent ignoring of Strange?
if it seems like that then i apologize. is a personal reminder to do more with their posts when i get sleep which is uh, the same excuse as charle my bad :lol:
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by numberQ »

Oh I missed that part of 245. I guess that's what I get for bouncing around the thread so much during catch up.
Hey!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i can't believe we still haven't gotten to the good part yet
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I'm starting to get bpred too. Further conversation isn't likely to get us antwher we haven't been already. It's not like someone could have crumbed a role, or someone decides to check another at night. You can't put someone @E-1 and ask them to claim either.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: cows love poke bowls
this good?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:52 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Pooky have you thought about what town strategy should be on explosion days then since you’re so eager to get there?

I don’t really see what was so fun about the explosion stage tbh, 3 townies just assploded on 3 other townies in like 6 hours and we won

are you hoping for something different to happen this time?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:53 am

yea im gonna shoot first instead of trying to coordinate cuz aint nobody listening anywY lolol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 am

In post 246, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the way you play this game is

if you throw someone into the river

and they drown

they're probly innocent

if they won't die

they're probably a witch
okay I laughed but unfortunately doesn’t do that much for me in terms of wanting to actually kill cows without more specifics

like maybe a tiny bit makes me edge in that direction knowing nothing else

but I could see this happening to town cows too
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:55 am

bruh the last 2 times we played this we wagoned a rando townie who died in like 2 hours
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:55 am

this cow is still mooing
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:56 am

I think either Q or Pav might be scum

If Q is scum the Pav deflection push opened up after I mentioned I could vote there

If Q is town then Pav is probably just scummy lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:00 am

well I think that’s partly because I’ve been pretty vocal against it and a couple “agreed” with me and this game is just significantly less memey in general

also 2nd game flashwagon wasn’t random it was deliberate but that’s different

do you think town just refuses to listen to me if cows is town but the scum are happy that I decided to intervene in the flashwagon or something if cows is scum

And so the fact that people took it slower and listened to me maybe suggest our original flashwagon was fine?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:01 am

idk could be

I just think we should talk about it more I think there’s still info to gain

if a majority just want this phase to be done and over with that’s fine with me though I don’t want to be the party pooper
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:02 am

also charl presence this game mad weak for some reason I could vote there too
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:03 am

Clem fell off the face of the earth after taking sleeping pills too

How many scum are in this game
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

@IV:

I would rather we got over the "we hope to get Scum on D1" plan and started planning for the explosion phase. Here's what I think:

I would assign YOU (because you ARE my only confident TR) to list 3 ordered pairs, as in:

A to explode on B
C to explode on D
E to explode on F

I would also recommend that you take into account that Clemency, A50 & Pooky have volunteered to be the 3 suicide bombers, so your task would be to assign each a target and order the pairs.

Should one of the suicide bombers refuse to fulfil their duty the "target" should then nuke them (ex: A refuses to explode on B, B should explode on A). You should also probably assign a vice-leader in case Scum went out of their way and tried to nuke you before the 3 explosions were done with. That vice-leader does NOT have the right to edit your original pairs, but can decide what's next. (Of course if the Scum who exploded on you is on your original 6 that means assigning the "now free suicidal bomber" a new target)

Think about it and let me know what you think

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:06 am

thanks for the written out plan A50 I’ll think about it
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:07 am

tldr

lets kill people already

chop chop
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 264, innocentvillager wrote:Clem fell off the face of the earth after taking sleeping pills too

How many scum are in this game
didnt feel like playing yesterday sorry just reading this today
feeling a bit demotivated because people are misreading my idea/im not good at communicating it

im ok with a cows vote how many is it to elim
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:37 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 265, Almost50 wrote:@IV:

I would rather we got over the "we hope to get Scum on D1" plan and started planning for the explosion phase. Here's what I think:

I would assign YOU (because you ARE my only confident TR) to list 3 ordered pairs, as in:

A to explode on B
C to explode on D
E to explode on F

I would also recommend that you take into account that Clemency, A50 & Pooky have volunteered to be the 3 suicide bombers, so your task would be to assign each a target and order the pairs.

Should one of the suicide bombers refuse to fulfil their duty the "target" should then nuke them (ex: A refuses to explode on B, B should explode on A). You should also probably assign a vice-leader in case Scum went out of their way and tried to nuke you before the 3 explosions were done with. That vice-leader does NOT have the right to edit your original pairs, but can decide what's next. (Of course if the Scum who exploded on you is on your original 6 that means assigning the "now free suicidal bomber" a new target)

Think about it and let me know what you think
i suppose this is a good evolution of what i had in mind
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:04 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 242, Pavowski wrote:
In post 237, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 200, numberQ wrote:Alright let me catch up
In post 97, schadd_ wrote:well i can tell you i chose a person to vote based on their posting
There's one point of charlemagne's I particularly agree with, that we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/1.
I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and
if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me.
I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
Can you explain why we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/L-1?
Not to butt in on a conversation that doesn't involve me, but I think his post there kinda answers it.

Town can't lose in the first phase here, but scum can, and anybody jumping on an e-1 vote to hammer somebody -- especially at this point -- is gonna get some sideways glances in future rounds
Of course we can't lose today, but considering several times in other games we ended up being fine with making mistakes when the decision we make mattered, much like right now does. Yes we can make mistakes but I don't feel like we should still minimize them as much as possible.
charlemagne
charlemagne
Townie
charlemagne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:27 am

Post by charlemagne »

quick strange iso since i just woke up
this is less of a "case" and more of just me analyzing the posts so i might change my mind on voting there by the end of this (and i reserve the right to avoid confbias), consider this post being made chronologically beginning to end
In post 17, StrangeMatter wrote:Well well, I think I’ve played with quite a few players here.
In post 20, StrangeMatter wrote:VOTE: T3

Hey T3, hey Pavowski, hey CLSR.
pretty null opening, nothing too much to see here. is not placing down a vote in the very first post scum-indicative? feel like I've seen scum do it more often but i might be wrong
In post 183, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 178, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i can't believe its page 8 and we haven't elimmed any1 yet
I can't tell if you're being serious about this when we've got a lot of days left, and we win if we vote out scum.

Also hello I've been disconnected with this game and I'm going to try to catch up.
accusing pooky of being serious is like, high crimes and misdemeanors. pooky is never "serious".
(but yeah this post is sliiightly +town)
In post 185, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 84, Clemency wrote:counterpoint: scum will usually attempt to seem townish in order to not be voted out
therefore, enchant is exhibiting scum behaviour by being townish
do the right thing people
Another thing I don't know if it is serious with all the dumb things going on at that time. It kind of reads like a joke but I'm not at all sure. I get why scum would try to seem townish especially in this type of game where eliminating only one of the scum wins the game, but I also don't get why anyone on Town would also want to be voted out and lose that day 1 condition.
is pure obliviousness scummy?
.....is it? like genuine question because if it is then strange is lockscum but if it's more indicative of being town that might be strong points in their favor
In post 224, StrangeMatter wrote:Going to put my 10 cents into this but I really don't think its a good idea to put people at L-1 (Isn't it called E-1 though?), especially since pressure should never be based off only votes, rather if you have a question to ask, you should ask it. Although, I don't think I can elaborate any more than that without snapping a rule.
pressure should be based on votes though. like votes are literally our main tool to affect the game (at least, in this phase).
In post 236, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 228, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 224, StrangeMatter wrote:Going to put my 10 cents into this but I really don't think its a good idea to put people at L-1 (Isn't it called E-1 though?),
especially since pressure should never be based off only votes, rather if you have a question to ask, you should ask it.
does this mean that you aren't actually suspecting T3 right now? who are your current suspects?
Well first that was an RVS vote and I never actually went off it. Secondly, I don't feel like I have any good suspects. I'm at the point of this game where I have no clue what's serious or not, and whether I should or shouldn't be posting about something or making questions for it. Seriously, I thought the CLSR wagon was a little odd then I looked at the posts and asked myself, is this a joke? I think I'm going a little crazy asking myself this question too much.

However, I don't like the post that said its fine to put people at L-1/L-2, which to me seems a little scum motivated.
this is where strange's posts start to look "slippery." the "first, that was an rvs vote, second, i don't have any idea what's going on and can't tell memes from the truth"
like sure it was fine at the beginning because they weren't caught up but at this point this goes beyond sheer obliviousness to straight up just actively fluffing; there is approximately 0 game advancing content in the iso up to and including here, and iirc there isn't any after. this isn't like... incredibly obviously scummy either, but i do feel like it's the kind of thing that you don't expect to see in town, whose main goal on d1 is to sort the game as clearly as possible.
In post 97, schadd_ wrote:well i can tell you i chose a person to vote based on their posting
There's one point of charlemagne's I particularly agree with, that we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/1.
I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me. I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
did you
read the post?
In post 270, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 242, Pavowski wrote:
I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and
if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me.
I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
Not to butt in on a conversation that doesn't involve me, but I think his post there kinda answers it.

Town can't lose in the first phase here, but scum can, and anybody jumping on an e-1 vote to hammer somebody -- especially at this point -- is gonna get some sideways glances in future rounds
Of course we can't lose today, but considering several times in other games we ended up being fine with making mistakes when the decision we make mattered, much like right now does. Yes we can make mistakes but I don't feel like we should still minimize them as much as possible.
these are words
they don't say anything though
we shouldn't minimize our mistakes? like... what? of course we should minimize the mistakes we make because we have a chance to win the game on day 1. yes we are FINE with making mistakes but it's still strongly preferable to not make that mistake and simply get scum d1? no?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 265, Almost50 wrote:Clemency, A50 & Pooky have volunteered to be the 3 suicide bombers
ok wait this owns i wouldnt know how to sort any of these people
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 am

Post by schadd_ »

@ strange matter:
are you more interested in solving or in planning around the setup during this day phase
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:34 am

Post by schadd_ »

cows l.s.r.:
did you start to approach the game differently when you got a bunch of people voting you? do you feel like you're in the clear now?
free darius mccollum

Return to “Completed Open Games”